Life skills that I have learned from playing Entropia Universe

Society
NBK Rangers
KingNobody Noway Nohow
I've been thinking lately about the things that I've learned and the skills I have acquired in my life as a result of playing Entropia Universe. Here is a list of all those I could remember:

1. Don't be wasteful - small savings here and there add up

2. Always deal fairly - your reputation can precede you

3. Know your limitations - Biting off more than you can chew is a sure recipe for failure

4. Quit while you're ahead - Never be afraid to cut your losses and walk away from the table

5. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched - It's not profit until you have the cash in hand

6. Believe in yourself - Whether you do or don't think you can do it, you're right.

7. Always double-check Check twice when accepting any deals, signing any documents, or counting out your money

8.Robots are Terrifying - Always be on your guard for the insidious robot menace. Don't trust your Roomba (they're always sucking up).

i learnt some of yours and how to count to potato!

Hey good news ! im testing out a game right now just like Entropia and guess what? You wont need to learn anymore harsh lessons that you can use in the real world because this game will be kind and gentle to your wallet while still providing good game entertainment! Stay tuned.

Never Trouble Trouble Before Trouble Troubles You

add 'how do keep excel sheets tidy' ^_°

Hey good news ! im testing out a game right now just like Entropia and guess what? You wont need to learn anymore harsh lessons that you can use in the real world because this game will be kind and gentle to your wallet while still providing good game entertainment! Stay tuned.

An uneducational game that doesn't challenge you?

You seem to have missed the point. I was not complaining about having learned things from Entropia. It's one of the few games out there that has anything to teach, and that's one of the reasons I have played it so long. Learning is development, and development is necessary.

Never trust anyone.

Scammers are everywhere.

Just because you buy low does NOT mean you can sell high.

Thieves are everywhere and guns won't stop them.

Yearly migration patterns are not always in the same month of the year.

Even a game with crappy storylines that are never resolved since the developers couldn't figure out how to conclude them and wrap it all up nicely at the end can survive a few years.

Dibs and other credit and debit card processors cannot be trusted with a dime, nor can any company utilizing them.

Thuggery and cheating can get you ahead socially and financially without any repurcussions so long as it's done in a virtual environment that real world laws have not been created for yet.

Might add more here later, lol.

I've been thinking lately about the things that I've learned and the skills I have acquired in my life as a result of playing Entropia Universe. Here is a list of all those I could remember:

3. Know your limitations - Biting off more than you can chew is a sure recipe for failure

4. Quit while you're ahead - Never be afraid to cut your losses and walk away from the table

5. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched - It's not profit until you have the cash in hand

6. Believe in yourself - Whether you do or don't think you can do it, you're right.

7. Always double-check Check twice when accepting any deals, signing any documents, or counting out your money

8.Robots are Terrifying - Always be on your guard for the insidious robot menace. Don't trust your Roomba (they're always sucking up).

You must have had a pretty sad life before eu or what? sorry but it dont make sense. For me the Things u mention above is absurd! if u didnt knew those Things before EU your surdenly wouldnt knew them after :D

You Mention Things like "Believe in your self" ? :confused:

Or maybe this thread is just a joke :silly2:

Adios :yup:

"There's a sucker born every minute"

Trust me, taming has accumulated quite a number in that department.

Cool! It seems the game catched you ice cold ;-) Well, if so it was worth to learn the lessons. May I add an another point?

9. Good entertainment is not for free. Don't call a luxury prostitute if you don't have the cash for. Just masturbate at home.

Great post.

One of the best things about playing EU over time is the way you get to see the long-term impact of your behavior and decisions in a slowly unfolding - yet still faster-than-real-life - manner. Put that to use IRL and you have "Better living though gaming" :cool:

Cheers,
Miles

Great post.

One of the best things about playing EU over time is the way you get to see the long-term impact of your behavior and decisions in a slowly unfolding - yet still faster-than-real-life - manner. Put that to use IRL and you have "Better living though gaming" :cool:

Cheers,
Miles

Well, once we had an adult game here. People acted here with RL experiances. Now youngsters learn from this game for RL? And others applaud to this? ROFL! Really crazy!

Well, once we had an adult game here. People acted here with RL experiances. Now youngsters learn from this game for RL? And others applaud to this? ROFL! Really crazy!

I'm on the north side of 50, and I'd hate to think myself to old too learn. The experience exchanged between real life and EU is a two-way street.

Learning is living - if people learn or reinforce good life skills from gaming experiences - how is that a bad thing? Mocking others as you do seems small-minded.

Miles

add 'how do keep excel sheets tidy' ^_°

Second! I learned so much Excell programming and statistics from EU lol.

Add: "Money in the pocket and a sicpack of beer leads to empty beerbottles and an empty wallet."

Add 2: "Don't kill Argonauts when you're fuckin' angry, they can make it worse."

:silly2::ahh::silly2:

Firstly, I would hardly describe myself as a youngster, I am most likely older than you. Also, I've been playing this game since 2009, don't let my forum status fool you.

Secondly, I was merely pointing out the fact that there is more to be learned from this game than other MMOs. If you had bothered to notice, all of the items (with the exception of #9) are well-known aphorisms and could easily apply to anyone's life. I started this thread to point out that games (particularly this one) have more to teach us than we think.

But go ahead, completely miss the point. Use this thread as an excuse to preen about how uber you are and complain about how all the new players are ruining "your" game. Frankly the worst thing about this game is the unwarranted condescension from some older players and their attitude that this game is their own private purview, apparently justifying a dismissive, unhelpful and sometimes overtly hostile attitude toward new players.
If this game dies, it will be players such as those that killed it.

Trust only those who get your jokes.

Trust you are here to lose money.

Trust the government will lie to you because it is trained to do so.

Trust that people who think fairies ( in game = ATH ) are real if only you reach out are to be avoided.

= RL and reinforced by EU.

Lastly, trust you are not the only one who thinks these things.

Back