What with the new sound when looting a Mob ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
It sounds kind of like a whoosh then ahhhhhhhhh. All the bugs there are and they are adding sounds:scratch2:

I bet, next time they will add something like this :laugh:

I dont see the Point with the new sound, just extra lag.

Yeah I don't like it.

Millions of sound bugs, why they adding stuff. Fix my Tommy Gun so people want to stop killing me when I shoot next to them at shared loot.

But whatever you do, DON'T get rid of the "Merrrgh Merrrgh" when I jump. I enjoy my avatar sounding like he is the love-child of a bullfrog and a duck. :D

Yes, someone is (paid for) playing with sounds recently:
- Removed the sound when laser weapon is reloading, despite it was usefull, probaly to solve the desynchro issue with high frequency weapons.
- Lowered volume of "decimal tier" increase. This sound was so rare... :laugh:
- Lowered volume of loot sound (in "no window" mode). Had to increase the speaker volume just for that.

And now they added this sound after loot. Why not, but I would have preferred they had a sound when there is no loot, because when I don't hear the loot sound, I stop shooting and I have to analyse what happened: did I loot it? (blue spot on the radar?), was it a no-looter? (yellow message?), is this only their damned loot lag?

Nice replies and I agree 100% with all of them. I guess MA thought we need a sound to tells use we have looted the mob correctly, like we can't see the bubbles or see that the mob is no longer a grey spot on radar or that no name appears when you mouse-over the body or nothing appears in the loot window or in the chat window.

I am sorry I have to recant my agreement above because we really are stupid and needed this, so thanks MA for the help.

BTW I wonder who were all the people that requested that the mob stay visible after looted. I looked around the forum and didn't really see anyone but I could have missed it. But like MA said "We heard you" so it may have been phone calls:scratch2:.

I agree also.

I think it's kind of pointless to pay a guy to fix another non broken thing. (Except maybe the gun sounds)

They should have just added auto loot option. Not just a "Buy auto loot pill from TT" thing

I too dislike the added sounds and others lowered.

Jay-Jay

Thats not a bug, thats Rocktropia adding content without following proper procedure.

If any planet partner is able to add content without following the proper procedure, something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

Fix my Tommy Gun so people want to stop killing me when I shoot next to them at shared loot.

I haven't heard yet the sound of Tommy Gun (luckily?), but I'm still waiting when they do something with Baringers (it's almost 2 years already), which volume level is like 500% to overall sound level, so either you turn it down and don't hear anything but the gun, or your neighbors come to check out your shooting range. Not much love from the nearby hunters too, indeed.

Thats not a bug, thats Rocktropia adding content without following proper procedure.

Wreck havoc on them, maybe? :)

Last edited:
When I looted a feffoid, it sounded like I just took a shit on the floor and then stepped on it.

I haven't heard yet the sound of Tommy Gun (luckily?), but I'm still waiting when they do something with Baringers (it's almost 2 years already), which volume level is like 500% to overall sound level, so either you turn it down and don't hear anything but the gun, or your neighbors come to check out your shooting range. Not much love from the nearby hunters too, indeed.

Wreck havoc on them, maybe? :)

that makes me remember when i was playing some james bond game when I used to live in appartment, and the other people living there thought I was shooting real guns inside since the sound was so high, the drunk guy who lived in the basement ran outside of terror.

I hate that sound. PLz make it possibel to turn off!

It sounds kind of like a whoosh then ahhhhhhhhh. All the bugs there are and they are adding sounds:scratch2:

Yikes I never even noticed, guess I need to pay attention now LOL

Yes, someone is (paid for) playing with sounds recently:
- Removed the sound when laser weapon is reloading, despite it was usefull, probaly to solve the desynchro issue with high frequency weapons.
- Lowered volume of "decimal tier" increase. This sound was so rare... :laugh:
- Lowered volume of loot sound (in "no window" mode). Had to increase the speaker volume just for that.

And now they added this sound after loot. Why not, but I would have preferred they had a sound when there is no loot, because when I don't hear the loot sound, I stop shooting and I have to analyse what happened: did I loot it? (blue spot on the radar?), was it a no-looter? (yellow message?), is this only their damned loot lag?

My suggestion for the no loot sound xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER9bo0UR440

It is from a old german tv game show and played when someone lost and thus got nothing

Maybe the sound of 2 bunnies kissing would be awesome!

If any planet partner is able to add content without following the proper procedure, something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

Not to be rude to MA but you assume there IS some procedure in place and judging from the past experiences (case in point taking 5 or 6 months to fix the cave mission when some idiot changed the name on the pile that you clicked on to get the reward) I highly doubt there is any type of code review or procedure in place. I hope Kim reads this and could help in putting such procedures in place as they are surely needed. Not a bash per-se but just trying to be candid expressing a concern.

Maybe the sound of 2 bunnies kissing would be awesome!
Had they been anything like the following, I'm not sure MA would appreciate the cleaning bills.

This is just one. Imagine two of them...

Yeah its just as bad as the Baringers.

And now there are 2 UL ones, now that Lockside looted one, you should hear it when we are both on the same radar lol.

Since MA says its someone else's problem, but that someone else doesn't know how to fix it, maybe I just need to get Lockside and myself shooting the UL ones, and 10 other avatars shooting L Tommy Guns or Baringers at the next several shared loot events on Calypso, until everyone passes out from ear-seizures. Maybe then MA might create clearer sound protocol. ;)

yeah I noticed it, like a kinda groan or moan.. :rolleyes:

Another fantastic update from MA.. thank you so much for these huge improvements to our gaming experience :tongue2:

Thats not a bug, its just that sound effects for tools have to be set up in a specific way, it should be brought up with Rocktropia.

Well that's one possible solution, but why does the burden of responsibility fall onto us, the customers to notify Rocktropia?

Why is there not better open lines of communication between planet partners? It seems as if there isn't much of a team atmosphere between you guys and if that's the case, I'll tell you right now that it needs to change so it doesn't become a cancer on the whole Entropia Universe.

I understand that you all are competitors to a degree but by now it should be clear that the success and failure of each planet partner affects all of the others. Each of you are "partners" with MindArk and inherently with each other as well.

Last edited:
they make so many thing wrong im starting to tink there is internal sabotage at MA lol :eyecrazy:

I don't mind it as much as how every chat to and from someone in whisper or PM makes a *ding* noise. annoying as hell.
I really don't hear much when you loot a creature. Dumb they added it? Yea, but I barely hear it and don't care one way or another.

The sound of one hand clapping..........

Feels like the old sound of global and hofs is - you won and the new sound is - you lost.:laugh:

Feels like the old sound of global and hofs is - you won and the new sound is - you lost.:laugh:

For me there seem to be two sounds the whoosh and ahhhhhhhhh. The Ah sound does, to me anyway, sound like a muted global/HOF sound kind of like the hurrah on an HOF.

I agree with a post above that it is not that big of a deal but why waste time on crap like that when the time could be used to fix the FL always starting at the bottom almost every time you open it.

Where I used to work we had about 20 programmers and every Monday morning we had a meeting outlining what needed work, what team would do the work and who would be the lead. Sometimes I think MA has those type of meeting except they tell the programmers, "Work on anything you like, put your ideas and changes anywhere and most of all have fun". Sorry just had to say that:).

Back