Please default full name on FL & soc lists

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Following on a small request I made before, I decided to request a fix that'll cover many issues in the friends list.

Please default to the full name in friends lists, soc lists, etc. There are WAY too many Max's, Dave's, Miss's etc. and too easy to mistake identities.

You already have it where when we mouse over the nick-name you default to, the full name shows up. So why not skip the need to do that, and simply list the full ava name from the beginning?

Yes, I know this has been requested many times for years. Here's another one.

Following on a small request I made before, I decided to request a fix that'll cover many issues in the friends list.

Please default to the full name in friends lists, soc lists, etc. There are WAY too many Max's, Dave's, Miss's etc. and too easy to mistake identities.

You already have it where when we mouse over the nick-name you default to, the full name shows up. So why not skip the need to do that, and simply list the full ava name from the beginning?

Yes, I know this has been requested many times for years. Here's another one.

Hi. I'm Randy Hypnotyk Bafia and I support this message.

you forgot about the pages of 'of's and 'the's etc...

<<<<removed>>>> xD

Last edited:
I totally agree and support that request!

It should be added as whole named (3 parts).
Unfortunately someone thought it was great idea to change this some time ago, was it 2 years already?

Hover your mouse over a name on FL, bang you got yourself the full name of the person, add them to FL if it gets annoying.

:duh: I understand if my OP was a bit too long for you and you replied before fully reading it all. I'll wait for you to finish my intensely verbose opening comments.

No, no. Take your time and read carefully. I can wait. :whistle:

You can still change the avatar names in your friend list...

Right click the name in your FL, select friends, then select rename. Hope this helps ya

You can still change the avatar names in your friend list...

Right click the name in your FL, select friends, then select rename. Hope this helps ya

I think most people know how to do this, but there is a reason why this change is being requested and it is because

a. there are new players/players who don't know about hovering over the name to get the full name
b. we shouldn't have to manually update each person's name in our friends list

The ability to change names in our friends list exists, but I think the general consensus would prefer to have the full name automatically added and rename specific friends as we please.

I think most people know how to do this

Perhaps, but in reading the OP's other thread that started this, he did NOT know how to change the names on FL, which is why I responded as such.

Perhaps, but in reading the OP's other thread that started this, he did NOT know how to change the names on FL, which is why I responded as such.

No, the problem I mentioned in the previous thread was that you could not change soc mates names if you take them off your friend's list.

I didn't like support's answer to your request about renaming Soc mates. It's not a "feature" if it restricts your options. I think you should open that thread up again so we can fully discuss and try to get them to change their minds about it. It would also be nice to know if the Devs are reading these threads since they don't bother to respond most of the time.

It's not a "feature" if it restricts your options...

All they really mean is that is the way they intended it to work. (I.E. not able to rename anyone NOT on the FL, even if they're in your soc.)

I'm not one to squabble over language idiom. I understand what they meant. :)

And OK fine, I can see where they're coming from for this. So I changed my request to include the non-full name issue, as that would also help my original plus many other related issues.

@coz1969: No worries. Just means I have to work harder on making my writing more understandable. :)

Another problem I have is unless I see that person globalling or hoffing a lot, I rarely remember full names, so when it saves it as something different than what I know the guy by (i.e. what name is above his head) Then it takes forever to find the guy.

And so many names are ridiculous in the first place and hard to memorize.

B290fizz the WaWaH and Nikoplus1polzzo Egrin83toni ZZippity44dodahfckhead? Showing me 1 of each of their 3 names, when it's different than the name above their head or in chat, just doesn't seem to make much sense over here.

I know it can be changed, but ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Oh hang on a second.

I've tried to remain calm about this for a bit (about 45 seconds)

Is there no way to rename someone in friend list now? Now I can understand a developer not understanding how important it is for Society Leaders not to organise members so they all appear together, but we have been through a few VU's now....

Mindark, you've "improved" user interface with no way to rename a friend list entry?

You any idea how bad that is?

Please fix ASAP! :banghead:

Oh hang on a second.

I've tried to remain calm about this for a bit (about 45 seconds)

Is there no way to rename someone in friend list now?

you can IF they are on your FL no problem :)
dont panic

you can IF they are on your FL no problem :)
dont panic

I did alter it, then tried to re-alter it, and couldn't find the option

Not panicking *yet* :)

I did alter it, then tried to re-alter it, and couldn't find the option

Not panicking *yet* :)

If someone is on your FL (note, if they are soc members, but not actually on FL, this won't work, as John Capital indicated) then right click their name in FL, select friend, then select rename.

The reason the OP brought this up is that IF a soc member is not on your FL, then the "friend" option is gone when you right click their name... then the name will default to the avatar's chosen visible name.

So, yeah, you can rename avatars that are on you friend list. No need to panic :p

It has been nicely improved.
I can only guess it works same way for Socmates you don't have added as friends (can't test as I have them all).

Back