FYI: Things to do to get a good start on planet calypso

Harmony.

Stalker
Society
Rangers
Harmony Bella Simpson
I'm not really into mentoring new people so I might have looked in the wrong places, but i don't think there is a lot of information for the new players on what to do to get a good start. So when a friend of mine started to play entropia we started to look for missions and things to do as a newcomer.

It turns out that a non-depositing newcomer can end up with around 40 peds, 100 completed missions, 2.5k skills and some fragments and fruits as a bonus. In my mind that is awesome (back in the old days when i was still young it was a lot harder). And i'm sure there is loads of stuff we missed like the oil rig, group sweating, looking for stones and other boring stuff ;)

I'm making this thread to write down the missions, the rewards and some general tips on how to get started as a non-depositor in the hope to help some newcomers and mentors.

first step: starting area.

Some starting advice you want to follow if you're planning on playing for free:
  • Don't shoot any mobs that aren't required for a mission
  • Don't use your Valkyri T1, but walk, you'll need the fuel later on
  • Don't use the Vivo Explorer (l), you'll need it in the future for tougher mobs
  • Don't use the Skildek P30(l), it does a lot of overkill on the mobs you face here
  • Don't bother with the target practice mission, the reward isn't worth it
  • When mining, only search for enmatter so you have more probes left in the end

Missions with rewards:
start: EWE EP-1 Neutron (L) + 20 pec ammo
Target Practice: 4 pec ammo (not worth it)
Limited Connectivity: 40 pec ammo + anatomy skills
Power struggle: 10 pec oil and Valkyrie T1 (l) + electronics skills
Locate the drill rig:40 pec ammo + Vivo Explorer (L)
analyzing the sample: 1 pec
Another message From Yoshida: 10 pec ammo, 80 pec probes, Genesis Star Rookie Extractor (l), Genesis Star Rookie Finder (l)
Shooting star: Skildek P 30 (l), explosive ammo (20 pec)
The grand Finale: Sollomate Rubio (l)

At the end of these missions you can have around 2 peds tt worth of stuff.

All completed missions:
A Message from Yoshida
A new beginning
Analyzing the sample
Another Message from Yoshida
Camp Amundsen
Fuel my Fire
Hangar Hangout
Inspect-a-Gadget
Limited Connectivity
Maintenance Man
Mr Yoshida
Pest Eradication
Power Struggle
Prospective Prospector
Rifles, Assemble!
Shooting star
Target Practice
That Others may live
The Grand Finale
Unfinished Business

Last edited:
Nice initiative :thumbup:

second step: Camp Thule

General advice:

• If you go to the outpost way north, you can get the puny mobs mission chain before you start killing the punies
  • Swunting: well you wanted to play this game for free, sweat the puny mobs dry before you kill them for the missions (up to 1k sweat, you don't want to go insane).
  • Don't finish the trophy hunt mission, you have to hand over trophies, but it is better to tt them, because the mob at the end of this mission chain is too hard for a newcomer
  • sell your probes to the trade terminal, so that you have enough peds to put the CDF-armor part you got as a reward on the auction (1 ped SB and 2-3 ped buyout for 7 days)

Missions with rewards:
High Pressure: 2 pec oil
blow them all to hell: CDF scout face mask (0,1)
Washed up: 1 Lysterium Stone

All completed missions:
High Pressure
Report to Captain Hayes
Security Grid Maintenance
no one likes frogs
missing in action
blow them all to hell
To Nus Lull
Fertile Waters
A Sensitive Find
Guardian of the Paranoid
Washed up

Last edited:
third step: visiting port atlantis

A lot of text-heavy explanation missions here, but good for your completed mission totals, and some nice information too if you are patient enough to read it all.

First some advice again:
  • Do the 'find the swamp camp' mission before any hunting mission, because the kills can count towards multiple missions
  • The colonist standard issue cap (M) you get from completing the ‘service the gun turrets’ mission can be sold on auction too (sb 1 ped, buyout 2 ped).
  • collect the mining missions, but don't try to complete them just yet

Misions with rewards:
Westward Journey: 1 mission token
find the swamp camp: 10 sweat
Gather 20 vibrant sweat: 10 sweat
Service the gun turrets: Colonist standard issue cap

All completed missions:
Westward Journey
arrival at port atlantis
The Story of New Port Atlantis
Basic economy information
Construction Machine information
Auctioneer infromation
Technician information
Basic equipment information
Learn about the repair terminal
Learn about the trade terminal
Learn about the storage terminal
Basic revive information
revive terminal information
basic social information
event terminal information
society terminal information
find the swamp camp
Gather 20 vibrant sweat
Service the gun turrets
Cull beast population at swamp camp
Patrol the Swamp camp
Hunt puny creatures at the lake
Keep the beach clear of Caudatargus Puny
Check the electronic fence
The Trail to the east

4th step: Half moon bay

No idea why you don't get here right from the starting missions, it's a lot more fun the port atlantis, but luckily everyone has this teleporter.

Some general advice again:
  • You can sweat the Sabakuma Brood Mother young from a distance without her being able to hit you. When you are finished you can leave the area, and return to it and start all over again. note: some people may consider this as cheating though. I would advice collecting another 1k this (while completing the sand demon mission)
  • The mission rewards: Bukin’s Blade (Buyout 2 ped) and the second CDF armor part can be sold auction (if there are a lot on them you can repair it for a few pec so your markup is lower).
  • If you kill Berycled for the Be gone, Pests! Mission, they’ll count towards the 100/500 puny mission as well.
  • At cape corinth there is a mission broker where you can trade in your mission token for 10 combat tokens (from 0 tt to 10 pec tt)

Missions with rewards:

Sand demons (70 pec ammo)
Kill it with fire (2 ped ammo) & Bukin’s blade (0,5)
The Medical Supplies (10 pec ammo)
Mutant Incursion (1,5 ped ammo)
Be Gone, Pests (16 pec ammo)
The Armor Voucher(CDF armor part)

All completed missions:

Welcome to halfmoon bay
Sand demons
Kill it with Fire
The Medical Supplies
Mutant Incursion
Iron Challenge 100 Puny Creatures
Be Gone, Pests!
Energy Readings
The Armour Voucher
Mission Token Converter

5th step: Continuing at cape corinth

Some general tips:
  • If you haven't already, get a mentor. If not for the advice/help then for the great rewards you'll get for graduating
  • If you have a bigger stack of oils (probably muscle) you can sell it on auction (12 ped stacks sell for 13 ped) or at twin peaks (don't worry about the resellers making a profit on you, you get markup as well).
  • If you run out of guns, buy some sollomate rubio(l) in direct trade with other players
  • Be sure that you open both the Nearby threat and the missing parts mission before you kill any maffoids, then they count for both missions.
  • When doing the clear out the digsite mission, remember that berycled count towards the puny mission.
  • near the end of the missions you'll have to start using the car and fap from your starter missions

Missions with rewards:
Lure them away (4.8 ped ammo)
The Missing parts (2.4 ped ammo)
Nearby threat (2.4 ped ammo)
Clear out the digsite (2.4 ped ammo)
Scout the Hadesheim Crater (25 nova fragments)
Snablesnot-female hunting (1.44 ped ammo)
Snablesnot-male hunting (2.88 ped ammo)
Protect the teleporters (48 pec)

All completed missions:
Unknown Area
Lure them Away
The Missing Parts
Nearby Threat
Clear out the digsite
Scout the Hadesheim Crater
Snabblesnot-Female hunting
Snabblesnot-Male hunting
Protect the teleporters

6th step: getting more teleporters

While not giving you any huge rewards skill or ped-wise, it is important to have as much teleporters as you can for future benefits.

Some general tips:
  • Look at entropedia to see where you end up if you revive, often pressing 't' can save a lot of time walking
  • A lot of rivers don't have any fish, so they can let you cross a huge distance safely (yet slowly).

completed missions:
Jennifer's Island
Say hi to the neighbours
Twin Peaks express
The short cut
The Pub Crawl
The long marsh

7th step: Mission Tokens

While these three islands are very tough for a newcomer you can get a lot of mission tokens here (2.3 ped tt) which sell for around 300%. You can get more here if you have a flying vehicle or if you're really patient, but these can be done with your starting car, and not too much dying.

General advice:
  • Go to the islands start from treasure island and swimming north, it's the safest way
  • Use your vehicle for the exploring missions, and for moving from mission broker to mission broker, if it get's destroyed spawn it at twin peaks and some nice person will repair it within a minute
  • The rippersnapper and jamraider mission you don’t have to do on the island itself. So you can find a spot with a lower maturity or without pesky drones to complete this mission. Around port atlantis is good for both missions.
  • There is also a rippersnapper mission chain you might want to pick up before killing the 70 rippersnappers. but i wouldn’t advice getting that one unless you have someone who can fly you there.
  • For the mining missions, go for a rookie finder that uses only 1 or 2 probes per drop

Missions with a reward:
Go along (10 Combat tokens)
Go to research camp (20 Combat tokens)
Mine Belkar stone (4 survey probes)
Mining on the island (20 combat tokens)
Mysterious Rocks (20 combat tokens)
Robohunter (30 combat tokens)
Something fishy (30 combat tokens)
Delevering the mining info (10 combat tokens)
Find the missing ship (20 combat tokens)
Mine Crude oil (4 survey probes)
Dig for energy (30 combat tokens)
The Miner (40 combat tokens)

For god sakes someone sticky this :lolup:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Harmony. again. :3

If you've done these missions and followed the advice, you should have a nice starting budget for planet calypso.

Personally i would advice to deposit a bit so you can keep more loot in storage so you can sell it later for a higher markup, selling everything to the trade terminal is always a loosing path.

And most importantly you've learned patience, the most valueable skill in Entropia :wtg:

And most importantly you've learned patience, the most valueable skill in Entropia :wtg:
Amen to that. If I were to add a suggestion to make use of that patience, it would be to get yourself hurt/killed by mobs for some time (as long as you can stand it :) ), to gain Evade.

after the Caly stuff, make a friend do the ARK, ROCK, Cyrene, Monria and NI stuff!

Interesting. I just recently finished some new player testing of my own and was preparing to write my own report about it.

Seems I was beaten to the punch. :)

We did things slightly differently, but basically the same as he reported.

Our grand total was very similar as well, however there's a very important detail the OP's not mentioning:

Some players might see this as (and have done) a way to get "free peds". Just making throw-away newbies.

However, the mission makers seem to have already considered that. There's so much "walk here", "visit over there", "come back and grab part 2" that time is an important factor.

The amount of time it takes to make that 56 "free ped" (factoring skills) is a long time of playing.

Any RL part-time job would give you more money than the $5.60 in "free ped" in the amount of time it takes to get it ingame.

A poor paying job gives ~$5/hour IRL. After a single day of working, even factoring taxes, etc. you make enough to deposit more than you can make milking a weeks worth of throw-away accounts.

To new players:
Start the game and use the new missions for their intended use: learning the very basics of the game, plus get a small "starters pack" of funds/skills. Then deposit and keep learning/enjoying the game.

To old players:
Don't bother trying to milk the newbie missions. The time factor will screw you. I promise.

Great information! + rep!

:cool:

However, the mission makers seem to have already considered that. There's so much "walk here", "visit over there", "come back and grab part 2" that time is an important factor.

The amount of time it takes to make that 56 "free ped" (factoring skills) is a long time of playing.

Any RL part-time job would give you more money than the $5.60 in "free ped" in the amount of time it takes to get it ingame.

something i tell people when they ask for ways to make free ped is that you could probably make "free" peds faster collecting soda cans or empty bottles to return (depending on your location) than you would in game.
that said, for some people it is part of the challenge they set themselves, to "beat" a difficult game in "hardcore mode".

Here's my mentoring website:

I made an effort there to sum up all the free stuff a disciple can gather, including all the free missions that don't cost ped on calypso, and rewards you get from other planets newbie experiences.
some info is a bit dated but feel free to copy some stuff.

https://sites.google.com/site/free4disciples/free-missions

Last edited:

also need to keep in mind that many of those freebie peds are things that CANNOT BE TTed.

after the Caly stuff, make a friend do the ARK, ROCK, Cyrene, Monria and NI stuff!

I would have to talk to him about it, but I think Cyrene is a bit too hard for a newcomer, and only Rocktropia has some interesting missions that people might overlook?

Yes I didn't mention it, but it took him a few weeks to complete all those missions. But it wasn't a job, it was a fun way to get to know the game and enjoy playing the game. Which has improved a lot to the 'just go sweat' i got when i first started :cool:

When people get into a point in their EU-career that they can make money from gaming, the game will be so boring that you are better off working irl in my opinion :)

throw-away accounts???,

this is possible, perhaps MA has no way to control it from the same IP address unjustifiable activate accounts and ban those accounts?

throw-away accounts = Scammers

is being fulfilled the Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU)?

sorry for my English.

Greetings.

throw-away accounts???,

this is possible, perhaps MA has no way to control it from the same IP address unjustifiable activate accounts and ban those accounts?

throw-away accounts = Scammers

is being fulfilled the Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU)?

sorry for my English.

Greetings.

I don't understand what you exactly mean, but i doubt people would start a load of accounts just to earn 40 peds. The time to complete these missions is weeks with normal gameplay.

I meant to quote "JohnCapital" on the previous page that reads:

"A poor job paying ~ $ 5/hour Gives IRL. After a single day of working, even factoring taxes, etc.. Enough to make you deposit more than you can make milking a weeks worth of throw-away accounts.

To new players:
Start the game and use the new missions for Their intended use: learning the very basics of the game, plus get a small "starters pack" of funds / skills. Then deposit and keep learning / enjoying the game.

To old players:
Do not bother trying to milk the newbie missions. The time factor will screw you. I promise
. "

sorry for my english, use the google translator.

Yes some people have tried to cheat the system by using throw-away accounts. I was simply saying that my tests and the OP's confirmation shows that they are simply trading their time at the lowest rate possible. That even running multiple accounts all day every day, you can't even make enough to cover the electric and internet bills. Which is exactly the way it should be.

Blocking via IP isn't a real option. Too many people get their spouse, or loved ones playing. Or perhaps vetting their RL friends involved and signing them up o their computer a d helping them get started.

one of the most/best constructive posts ever on pcf. +rep :yay:

:)

Great thread, helped me get back on track with the missions!

I think I accidentally skipped ahead of the missions so, ended up having to miss some of the missions.

+rep

Thanks for your contribution Harmony! Very helpful thread!

Just stating my opinion, don't agree? Then don't reply to it. While helpful to new players I feel this guide should be removed as it is a essentially a tutorial on how to make new accounts over and over for more profit then sweating it seems. Just more fuel for those chinese bots.

Last edited:
Back