How to exploit a mining bug.

Status
I have done enough mining to know that there are numerous areas where claim density is bullshit. I know of 100 spots where there are no claims over vast swaths of land in the areas where there are no mobs, and tons of claims in the mobs spawns on those lands. These are all smaller localized dense spawns, easy to identify.

It is not prevalent on caly or foma, those function fine. It IS entirely obvious to me on other planets. and MOST obvious on Monria.

It is bad programming to create such predictable patterns, period.

I wanted everyone to see the pattern though, because I am truly concerned that shitty programming will have a negative effect on this game, and to me, having predictable claims spawns constantly localized in specific areas will lead to abuse. End of story.

I just wanted MA to change it. Bringing attention to it is the only way to change it.

I already softened up my OP because I already knew you were just using the system and did not want to call you an exploiter, because I know you weren't exploiting.

I believe you when you say you lose over all, and I DO know how fast one can lose with big amps. I do want to apologize for using your tracker and insinuating you were profiting like mad. I know that that tracker run I showed can still be a major loss when running the big amps you were obviously running, so please accept my apology for insinuating otherwise.

However, I also truly feel that the predictability of claims in a lot of areas is bad programming, and that was the main point of this thread. But I definitely went about it the wrong way, and I should have addressed it much more differently.

I have mined there in the mob spawns a lot, never seen anything irregular there. In fact its the same crater where i once had ~150 NRF in row. But thanks for tip, ill go check it out haha.

150 nrf in a row?? :eyecrazy: u guys are nuts doing that shit!

I have done enough mining to know that there are numerous areas where claim density is bullshit. I know of 100 spots where there are no claims over vast swaths of land in the areas where there are no mobs, and tons of claims in the mobs spawns on those lands. These are all smaller localized dense spawns, easy to identify.

It is not prevalent on caly or foma, those function fine. It IS entirely obvious to me on other planets. and MOST obvious on Monria.

I wanted everyone to see the pattern though, because I am truly concerned that shitty programming will have a negative effect on this game, and to me, having predictable claims spawns constantly localized in specific areas will lead to abuse. End of story.

I just wanted MA to change it. Bringing attention to it is the only way to change it.

I already softened up my OP because I already knew you were just using the system and did not want to call you an exploiter, because I know you weren't exploiting.

I believe you when you say you lose over all, and I DO know how fast one can lose with big amps. I do want to apologize for using your tracker and insinuating you were profiting like mad. I know that that tracker run I showed can still be a major loss when running the big amps you were obviously running, so please accept my apology for insinuating otherwise.

However, I also truly feel that the predictability of claims in a lot of areas is bad programming, and that was the main point of this thread. But I definitely went about it the wrong way, and I should have addressed it much more differently.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sunsout Gunsout again.

150 nrf in a row?? :eyecrazy: u guys are nuts doing that shit!

Indoors? Easy.

I had once 150 nrf's planetside - that was fun shit.

Nothing special at Monria . Just that they take you 7 ped to enter and then 0892358905489054398 NRF ;););)

Cultist is fun mob specialy when some miner come and mobtrain you all the spawn :D

Taco nothing special man . Just returns are more specific out there ... if you find a cluster you may get rich :p other is NRF AND NO LOOT :D

Show me similar pic from Monria, please.

W3S0hti.jpg

RT, Hell - predict patterns, please.

6m5JN9D.jpg

Slightly off topic request to forum peepz

There are roughly 20 <removed> posts on this thread, now for me personally, those are the ones I really want to see.. Is there a way we can export the threads live to another site where it won't be modded? So we/I can enjoy the abuse and trolling in it's pure un fettered form?

cheers

There are roughly 20 <removed> posts on this thread, now for me personally, those are the ones I really want to see.. Is there a way we can export the threads live to another site where it won't be modded? So we/I can enjoy the abuse and trolling in it's pure un fettered form?

cheers

PM to 711, maybe he will make feature to show deleted posts.

Paid.

Also feature which allows to counter that feature.

Paid too.

cheers

it is not only abuse and trolling :)
those of us with long memories will know that in the past some really interesting discussions have been removed.

Lol....you guys and gals dont get it yet.....
no difference on Monria....

indeed some of us dont, this thread was not about you personally but about the issue, we are forbidden, and rightly so, to accuse people personally and most people know how to abide by those rules, yet now suddenly its about "the defence of the unfortunate frog" and it would seem that we would be breaking rules by discussing the truth of the matter yet it appears this means you are the only one in a position to speak without being in breach of rules.
a bizarre set of circumstances if you ask me, and unfortunate, because in the past taco has made a considerable personal effort to address and make possible discussion about cheating and exploiting without breaking forum rules, which requires jumping through quite a few hoops.

indeed some of us dont, this thread was not about you personally but about the issue, we are forbidden, and rightly so, to accuse people personally and most people know how to abide by those rules, yet now suddenly its about "the defence of the unfortunate frog" and it would seem that we would be breaking rules by discussing the truth of the matter yet it appears this means you are the only one in a position to speak without being in breach of rules.
a bizarre set of circumstances if you ask me, and unfortunate, because in the past taco has made a considerable personal effort to address and make possible discussion about cheating and exploiting without breaking forum rules, which requires jumping through quite a few hoops.

It CERTAINLY was about me personally. To add, I have been approached by more than 100 people in game regarding it. If that's not personal, what is? There is no issue on Monria. Go check for yourself. And contrary to Tacos last allegation, though I do appreciate his apology, I did not take advantage of any built in structure within mining on Monria. In fact, as most of us do, we buy our supplies and run out there and mine. Plain and simple. When he associates me with exploiting personally, its personal. Ask someone to go ahead and throw your name out there in association with something unethical, illegal, immoral, etc., and come back to me and tell me its not personal. Just making a point. In fact I think this whole thing has probably helped the traffic to Monria, which is nice . The more the merrier.

Last edited:
It CERTAINLY was about me personally. To add, I have been approached by more than 100 people in game regarding it. If that's not personal, what is?

you were named by a friend of yours defending you, a friend who happens to be a moderator, they made the mistake of using your name, against forum rules, in their hurry to defend you, something taco knows not to do seeing as he has a history of having to be careful with the rules during his normally very accurate calling out of cheating and exploiting. all he did was post a screenshot of your string of globals from the tracker, something the moderation team has allowed in the past in these cases.
so if you have a issue it is not with the thread starter i can assure you.

. Ask someone to go ahead and throw your name out there in association with something unethical, illegal, immoral, etc., and come back to me and tell me its not personal.

To clear this up, I NEVER said anyone's name. (yes, I was irresponsible with information that led to OTHERS actually naming your name, but I never publicly named you myself)

Some people are not understanding that. Had I not used your tracker, and left the rest of my OP in its current form, anyone who pays attention to the game would have still been able to I.D. you as one of the main miners in the area I questioned. I was on Toulan when I saw the first few hofs you had after landing on Mon. Even with no land-indentifier to figure out what planet you were actually on, it took me about 2 minutes to figure out exactly where you were by using your tracker and the ores you were finding.

Using the word "exploit" was wrong, in that it indirectly led to an unfair accusation of you in particular, as you were the most obvious miner on Monria at the time. And I should have thought about the use of that word before I posted it, and I was wrong for making the accusation.

However, speaking to the forum now, I feel that a lot of righteous bullshit goes on around here, and all too often, rules have a chilling effect on the discussion of important issues. People want to remain anonymous, yet play a game where their activity is public. If someones information is shown in my chat, or on my screen, I feel that discussion of that persons actions are fair. (i.e. my threads that were closed regarding auctions to watch out for, or people who avoid decay on Ark shared mobs by shooting from protected positions.)

Where I went wrong was by making accusations of exploiting or assuming Frog was profiting. And though I was never able to read any of the deleted posts, I am sure that many were WAY more accusatory than I was, and many probably destroyed me too, for posting my thoughts. However, if it was properly worded, and I refrained from directly accusing someone of something they didn't do, an OP such as mine, that was questioning mining in certain areas should never be locked even if I DID post his name (which I didn't). I think this thread was locked more because of the deleted posts, than because of my own.

I think that closing threads is counter productive, and know that it is simply just easier for the mods to close a thread entirely rather than mod comments in these threads. I know that it is more work to mod individual comments, but I also think it is more right. By re-opening this thread, it allowed me to think about what I said, to apologize, and allowed Frog to respond and I am glad for that opportunity for both me and Frog.

In this case, yeah, I went about it the wrong way, but I don't think I did anything SO egregious that it merits censorship of the discussion as a whole. In fact, 30 minutes after I made the thread, I knew better and reported my thread, asking mods to change the title to remove the word "exploit", which they didn't. Had it been done, I definitely see NO reason why this thread should have been closed.

Last edited:
so is there or there is not

1st thanks for 1st 3 pages was interesting 2 read ... but last 2 are quite off topic (did on Caly run on ~ 50% TT and + 1/2 even of that was taken by Pker ... lol, Finder tossed in Storage again till next VU )

Back 2 starting point:

Are there Sweatspots or there are no?

Ps. my opinion, = Yes, there are BUT that does NOT impact over all TT retunr, MA Loot algoritm has set values,... and player can reach just set TT on average run ~ the moment for me 70% .... Ps. did some number of tests

Sorry for jumping in like this, especially off-topic, but I find the issues worth to comment on while fresh:
FallenAngel said:
you were named by a friend of yours defending you, a friend who happens to be a moderator
30 minutes after I made the thread, I knew better and reported my thread, asking mods to change the title to remove the word "exploit", which they didn't
I find this quite incriminating towards the moderator(s) involved. First failing to even respond (?) to a legitimate request to change a thread title written in affect (?), and then preventing any and all discussions about the actual subject by locking it (if the claimed reason for locking was due to the naming the accused, naming that was done by a moderator, you just have to appreciate the irony).

That it later got unlocked, no matter the reason, displays the thread locking was in error.

Sunsout Gunsout said:
I think that closing threads is counter productive, and know that it is simply just easier for the mods to close a thread entirely rather than mod comments in these threads. I know that it is more work to mod individual comments, but I also think it is more right.
Again I find myself agreeing. The moderator role is to moderate. When it takes upon itself to lock whole threads of discussion (and thereby implicitly stating "If you open another thread with similar discussion, or a continuation of the discussion I here smacked down, consider I am in position to lock you out from any and all discussions for as long as I like", it is entering dangerous waters and slippery slopes.

I'm not sure if it's possible to start a thread discussing moderation rules and/or ethics (or if I will get a permaban for even suggesting the possibility of such a potential thread :) ), but from a few questionable uses of moderation power, I feel it might be important enough to warrant the risk.

Again, sorry for the off-topic - I just find the right to free exchange of thoughts and ideas (call it freedom of speech if you like) to be quite important.

What a bullshit thread.

All what is to remember is that the OP think he is from the CSI team,
And create a bullshit thread based on bullshit beliefs that unfortuntaly also include a player named unfortunate frogs.
Some people have really nothing much better to do it seems.
So why trying to still make legit stupid assumptions on a non event, even when the nose is clearly put in the shit.
It smells shit because it's shit.
nothing more than a false flag.

And now it's a mod problem too?the mods are evil by closing and reopening threads ?patronizing mods instead of just moving on and taking it as a lesson ?comon, stop using decoys on the problem of that thread in the first place.
Which still does not exist in the first place.

Last edited:
Getting off topic

you were named by a friend of yours defending you, a friend who happens to be a moderator, they made the mistake of using your name, against forum rules, in their hurry to defend you, something taco knows not to do seeing as he has a history of having to be careful with the rules during his normally very accurate calling out of cheating and exploiting. all he did was post a screenshot of your string of globals from the tracker, something the moderation team has allowed in the past in these cases.
so if you have a issue it is not with the thread starter i can assure you.

I have said all there is to say on my behalf. As far as the new ad hominem arguments introduced which have evolved as a means of further attack, its a waste of breath and not part of the discussion. Good luck and the drama is getting a bit too pretentious for my blood. The phrase 'consider the source' always comes to mind when there are questions of character.

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument.[2] Fallacious Ad hominem reasoning is normally categorized as an informal fallacy,[3][4][5] more precisely as a genetic fallacy,[6] a subcategory of fallacies of irrelevance.[7] Ad hominem reasoning is not always fallacious, for example, when it relates to the credibility of statements of fact.

I have said all there is to say on my behalf. As far as the new ad hominem arguments introduced which have evolved as a means of further attack, its a waste of breath and not part of the discussion. Good luck and the drama is getting a bit too pretentious for my blood. The phrase 'consider the source' always comes to mind when there are questions of character.

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument.[2] Fallacious Ad hominem reasoning is normally categorized as an informal fallacy,[3][4][5] more precisely as a genetic fallacy,[6] a subcategory of fallacies of irrelevance.[7] Ad hominem reasoning is not always fallacious, for example, when it relates to the credibility of statements of fact.

i made a statement of fact, you are the one questioning my character, who is the person making the ad hominem argument here?

What a bullshit thread.
And now it's a mod problem too?
I appreciate your right to an opinion. That right is something a mod initially revoked. I find it ironic you oppose criticism of "heavy-handedness" when that very "heavy-handedness" would, if unchallenged, have prevented you from even making your comment.

You, sir, would make an excellent politician.

That was the point of this thread, to ruin it for them...

As you said, you've already reported this multiple times to MA. If someone found a way to insure TT profit at all times, (think the "broken" amp that was indeed exploited and finally the users were banned.) then yes MA will "fix" it.

However, I suspect the person mentioned is not getting massive TT profits. Meaning everything's fine. They've just found a way to play that they enjoy.

But either way, it's MA's call now.

An accusation of exploiting was made. Those involved have had a chance to respond. We're done now. We've easily veered way into forum rule 2.3 - Personal Disputes.

:locked:

Status
Back