Help choose 10k ped competition winner

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
This post is in regard to the 10k ped competition:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?243463-Challenge-to-player-base-10k-ped-competition-The-responsibility-test

While the competition did not go as I would have liked i.e. more entries and a more vigorous debate there were still some interesting entries. Seems to me people have a preference to post their ideas only i.e. remain static and generally don't have the inclination to be fluid on their thoughts or open to suggestions. Don't get me wrong that's not a problem with the player base but myself for not making better competition rules or indeed recognising these issues before setting the rules.

More entries and more debating type of entries probably could have been encouraged by setting better competition rules so that's a lesson learnt for me. Hopefully I'll try to keep this in mind if I ever hold another competition of this nature.

Anyway my purpose for this thread is to elicit feedback in helping me select a winner. Seems to me there is no one clear winner who tackled both parts of the competition to the level of detail I would have liked. However, I still need to select a winner therefore I would be happy to see your viewpoints on this before I make my final decision.

I vote for harmony as winner! :yay:

And I vote for Oleg! I agree completely with everything he said.

Last edited:
Could you please give reasons/explanations for your choice. Thank you.

Wow, A 10k ped competition I never even heard of :(

I vote for no one, Consider it a free bump.

Jay-Jay

This is going to be like Pirates, everyone votes for themselves until Jack Sparrow breaks the tie. Yeah I recently watch pirates. It might take me some time to dig through the thread.

This is going to be like Pirates, everyone votes for themselves until Jack Sparrow breaks the tie. Yeah I recently watch pirates. It might take me some time to dig through the thread.

This is not a voting thread. Anyone can give feedback participants and non participants.

I understand, twas only a joke based on the first few replies. The thread in question is long and unfortunately I wasn't really following it during its duration so will take awhile to get some feedback :)

Hehe of course I'd vote myself though there a few good points made by fellow players as well :)

I've got to ask you though, do you think that put together, all the problems were addressed? If so, select a top 5/top 10 and split the prize...

I do believe that in the year that passed, there have been a few changes to the game that relate to the original topics:

- Communication: right now, from my own purely subjective perspective, it feels as it has decreased, Mindark being more silent then usual.

- Development - chat system, a good try at improving a system that did not need improving, this attempt right now being only half successful.
- the moon - it's dead? it's unfinished? don't know anyone currently playing there...

Conclusion: 1 year, no progress.

Last edited:
Hehe of course I'd vote myself though there a few good points made by fellow players as well :)

I've got to ask you though, do you think that put together, all the problems were addressed? If so, select a top 5/top 10 and split the prize...

What he said :) Not one person gets everything right... It takes a group to cover everything :silly2:

The winner is.....

and_the_winner_is.gif

:D

I vote for something like this:
http://www.heifer.org
...as i don't see any improvement from any of the posts in the thread so far.
All talk brings us nowhere (i made a depo and bought some chickens:) if my next hof is big enough i withdraw to buy a cow for a family out there:))

mayby then you can make vote to elect the best voter ?

do every one favor stop the events.:lolup:

btv i vote for oleg.

why cos now he got 3 votes give him the money.

Back