Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Getting page error right on entry.

Yeah it's been down for several hours :(

Soon gotta rename entropedia to entrodown.. :eyecrazy:

So many times its been down these past few weeks :silly2:

I reported it to Siniko (who has been working with Witte) on Skype last night (about 9 hrs ago).
He's just got home and replied to me a few minutes ago, and is checking it out now. Hopefully it will be up again soon.

Same here, down.

Alright, Entropedia is back up

504 gateway timeout.

Was working for me just now.

Was working for me just now.
Confirmed. It looks like the issue is on my end. I preemptively assumed it was server-side since they have had a lot of down times recently.

Entropedia is showing 'Connection error - unable to connect to the database' again. I've sent a note to Siniko on Skype about it.

The continuous problems with the wiki are a prime example of why MA needs to publish key item stats in game on each item. They should not be relying on independent websites to make their game work.

It is more of the gatekeepers of the website seemingly disinterested. My offer to take it over and develop still stands.

It is more of the gatekeepers of the website seemingly disinterested. My offer to take it over and develop still stands.

There is A LOT of important information there, one of the most if not the most important tools in the game, I seriously think MA needs to take this over and third parties stay out... A few false digits could cost the unsuspecting referrer 1000's of ped. :wise:

Just my 2 pec, no disrespect :)

Sure would be nice to see, if not a change of leadership a competing product as Entropedia these days is either broken or very slow pretty much all the time in my experience.

Best regards
Zweshi

This is one reason I made my own set of data. Which of course anyone is welcome to use in cases where regular data is absent. The data is the same, just I have a horrible way of displaying it on my site. :) (one day ill get it looking decent).

There is A LOT of important information there, one of the most if not the most important tools in the game, I seriously think MA needs to take this over and third parties stay out... A few false digits could cost the unsuspecting referrer 1000's of ped. :wise:

Quality issues can be managed with strategic steps or to control the input to where critical calculations are done automatically. MA taking it over will just result in a defunct service. Entropedia has more than just DPP and honestly they don't want to be liable for this data for the same reasons you stated. Quality issues should be expected in an open wiki. There are reasons why colleges, like the one I went to for 6 years, do not allow Wikipedia citations.

Multiple sites or apps with the same data isn't helpful either.. it is just more work even though perhaps needed due to quality concerns. These only exist due to quality issues or deficiencies in the main site. I do this stuff for a living... I see the same pattern all the time.

I would gladly and am actively trying to acquire entropedia to improve the service and quality. It is up to the folks who run it if we can get a hold of them.

You really think it will be more accurate and more reliable if MA takes it over (never mind they clearly don't want to--they don't even make decay available)? That turned out so well with auction data... they did just enough to effectively kill off 3rd party sites and never provided a decent interface. They've also "conveniently" broken the CLD history for some time now.

No, these things are better off not left to MA. It would be nice if they at least pretended to be a virtual universe platform provider by providing data feeds, but we've dealt with that for years already anyway.

There's actually a pretty good structure of checks in place on entropedia. Its issues are mainly technical and quantitative due to rapid changes is game, not qualitative.

Last edited:
I agree with doers comments about quality issues being the changing of items and people don't think necessarily to go and update. Loot pool changes and other things of mobs are currently not easy to detect.

Having just checked, I now get a different response, suggesting the disk is full.

Yeap, disc full error for me too, perhaps someone tried to upload a full video on there or something?

When the wiki goes down, it is more than an inconvenience. Since MindArk doesn't publish vital item stats and other critical information in game, many of us depend on Entropedia for basic game play.

Moreover, before people spend hundreds, or thousands of dollars on unlimited items, they first need to check the wiki in order to ensure they are getting an item with the stats they need. When we can't access that data, it throws a wrench in the gears of the game economy.

When the wiki goes down, it is more than an inconvenience. Since MindArk doesn't publish vital item stats and other critical information in game, many of us depend on Entropedia for basic game play.

Moreover, before people spend hundreds, or thousands of dollars on unlimited items, they first need to check the wiki in order to ensure they are getting an item with the stats they need. When we can't access that data, it throws a wrench in the gears of the game economy.

No one is arguing the merits of these comments. I'm willing to take it over, develop, and expand.. but to do this.. I need to get in contact of those holding the keys. I had serica reach out to her contact but nothing thus far. Mindark development time needs to be spent on game improvements. Taking over a knowledge base will be a dangerous squirrel for their developers.

As to the issue we are seeing... I bet db backups clogged the server space. It used to happen all the time with my game servers as I didn't have a segregated SAN drive.

None of which matters to MA. At the end of the day they are a business which exists to make money. I'm sure they love it when ppl use un-eco gear & trading useless items on auction etc.. Nothing like learning the hard way. I agree with Doer if they wanted us to have that info they would give it. I don't think wiki being down for a few hours will affect the game economy one bit.

None of which matters to MA. At the end of the day they are a business which exists to make money. I'm sure they love it when ppl use un-eco gear & trading useless items on auction etc.. Nothing like learning the hard way. I agree with Doer if they wanted us to have that info they would give it. I don't think wiki being down for a few hours will affect the game economy one bit.

I disagree...

1st, don't forget the Dev Note where MA gave us tips on hunting economically.
2nd, MA has talked about including more detailed item stats.
3rd, it does affect the game economy.

Let's say there is a 5k or 10k ped item that I'm considering buying, before I give up my peds, I almost always double check stats on entropedia. If I can't look up key stats I often times become uncertain and don't buy.

Well, when I do buy something, what happens to that ped after it leaves my card? Usually it's not withdrawn, instead it's used toward the purchase of something else or to fund game play, or both. Countless times I've purchased an item and then see that same person get a hof or string of globals right after. People frequently sell unneeded items in order to fund game play instead of depositing.

If I become hesitant with my purchases, certainly others do the same as well and I know they do because I see it happen all the time with items that I'm selling.

Markets need clarity and certainty in order to function smoothly. Entropedia provides people with the information they need in order to make a decisions. Whether it be figuring out what item to purchase, what creature to hunt, what new iron mission to start, what to skill next, what skill chips to buy, or whatever, people use Entropedia to help them decide.

Without it, the decision making process becomes a lot more muddy.

Getting this error and it looks like a real bad one

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. There is not enough space on the disk.

Coz

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. There is not enough space on the disk.

Coz

Hey Coz, I got last week a "not enough space on disk" message as well (with some 200+ G free space left), but don't remember the rest of the message. I clicked it away, and game was doing fine. But I rebooted shortly after, so don't know if there would have been some effect. Since that time, all runs smooth (with now 50 G less space even). Must have been a glitch!

-Starbuck-

/mod note/ merged with existing thread. Please check for existing current threads on a topic before creating a new one.

Hey Coz, I got last week a "not enough space on disk" message as well (with some 200+ G free space left), but don't remember the rest of the message. I clicked it away, and game was doing fine. But I rebooted shortly after, so don't know if there would have been some effect. Since that time, all runs smooth (with now 50 G less space even). Must have been a glitch!

-Starbuck-

The issue is with Entropedia, not the game.

in the mean time, just use the cached copy (google has it - below the 'title' of the result, you see the url in green with a down arrow beside it. click down arrow, access cached copy)

Status
Back