Developer Notes #8

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Developer Notes #8[/h][h=4]Limited/Unlimited Item Balance[/h]In order to improve the balance between limited and unlimited gear, MindArk has been refining the rate at which unlimited items gain tier levels. This effort has resulted in a decrease in the number of uses required for tier increases, especially at higher tier levels. Further reduction is planned in several steps during the next few version updates, allowing the MindArk design team to monitor and implement incremental changes while reducing the risk of disrupting delicate item market values.

To further improve balance between limited and unlimited items, the consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items will be reduced by 50% in Version Update 14.7, currently scheduled for May 13.

[h=3]Account Liquidation Auctions[/h]
A special liquidation auction of items from terminated accounts will be listed on Friday, April 25 and Monday, April 28.

The following items will be listed on the Planet Calypso section of the Entropia Universe auction by the avatar MindArk Official Liquidator for a period of 7 days, with a starting bid of 1 PED.

Group A - Friday April 25
  • Improved A-3 Justifier Mk.II
  • Shadow Harness (M)
  • Shadow Helmet (M)
  • Shadow Gloves (M)
  • Dagger Of Despair
  • Omegaton A203
Group B - Monday April 28
  • Modified Omegaton Fast Aid Pack
  • Shadow Arm Guards (M)
  • Shadow Shin Guards (M)
  • Starkhov AS-98
  • Ancient Omegaton M2870
  • Laganaus Arms Personal Cannon

Originally Posted Here

While I am really happy for the 50% life span increase of enhancers in UL gear.. It just seemed so blatant that they mentioned that then were like "Oh and byyyyyyyy the wayyyy, we just happen to have a load of premium UL gear to sell you!!" Lol.. Guess I'm being cynical :rolleyes:

I am not that worried about how it will affect enhancer MU because it's only on UL gear so, not the whole market, and well the price is set by the minerals used to make them and people will still use them just as much so I don't see the MU of enhancers changing really. Just UL gear get more expensive. Maybe even more enhancer sales now..

The post pleases me

Last edited:
Is this the future?

Selling of virtual property, virtual shares and virtual items from avatars that we don't know who!

Anything just create a few more items and sell them the next month!

How about a Developer Notes where you tell us the mobs that you inserted a cap in January of 2013 and what is the new maximum loot that each of them can still give us?!

Edit: If it's Mindark itself that is auction the items why not use the Universal auction?
This way you make sure that all players interested in bid will need to travel to Calypso to do it. :handjob:

Last edited:
Bleh first they push us towards using limited gear, and when we finally do, they push us towards using unlimited gear again.

I wouldnt call it balance, UL weps already have huge adventage over L ones. At least imk2 users will be very happy :D

Well, the tiering speeds in general have been atrociously bad, so now they will perhaps be a little better...probably a good thing.

Agreed i think i like the fast tier increase. If they could reduce the cost of materials required to tier up ofc that would also be welcome :) eh no harm in asking

To further improve balance between limited and unlimited items, the consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items will be reduced by 50% in Version Update 14.7, currently scheduled for May 13.

I wonder why they release market sensitive information like this before the servers are down???

Now every high roller will wait to use his big tiered UL Weaponry, and nobody buys Pyrite and Output Amplifier Components for a month as the demand for enhancers will drop 50% and thus the Markup will go down too.

:scratch2:

I predict record low CLD returns for the next 2 weeks, followed by ad-hoc panic-driven events to crank up revenues.

:dunce:

"Buying Weapon Damage Enhancer BP QR100 for TT+ 50 @ boxes"

/Slupor

Last edited:
Maybe 3 times more players will use enhancers so in fact the demand for enhancers will go up?

I wonder why they release market sensitive information like this before the servers are down???

Now every high roller will wait to use his big tiered UL Weaponry, and nobody buys Pyrite and Output Amplifier Components for a month as the demand for enhancers will drop 50% and thus the Markup will go down too.

:scratch2:

I predict record low CLD returns for the next 2 weeks, followed by ad-hoc panic-driven events to crank up revenues.

:dunce:

/Slupor

Is this the future?

Selling of ... virtual items from avatars that we don't know who!

I'm guessing this is a continuation of the HunterZ, etc. Sell-off they started a little while ago.

The universal auction house sounds like a good idea, but realistically, they'll get way more eyes by placing them in Calypso auction.

Is this the future?

Selling of virtual property, virtual shares and virtual items from avatars that we don't know who!

Anything just create a few more items and sell them the next month!

:

This is nothing new, they did it not too long ago as well. I think it should just go back in the pool to be re-looted. This means they are kind of making money off the same item twice - but hey if we all don't go crazy and keep the bids low - can get a nice price.
Ancient Omegaton! woot.

Wonderful news. Tier 9 and 10 here I come :D

Bleh first they push us towards using limited gear, and when we finally do, they push us towards using unlimited gear again.

I wish they would re-balance existing L items instead of just adding more and more, Bring back the days of the korss 400, apis 485, svempa p5a, svempa x1, xt, to name a few and purge the blueprint books of useless tt crap, atleast make the tt crap worth something to newer players, make it L and sib. Make more limited versions of uber weapons; for instance; I seen the mod merc L on auction I about spoooged myself until I saw it a sib on it. It may devalue the limited versions a bit but that is already happening because the game as lost it's luster. In the long run it would give you something to shoot for when you do reach level 100. I know I am an idiot but I'd rather shoot a L mod merc un eco then another choice that is eco occasionally, the variety is out there for everyone's taste. Oh well my limited attention span has caught up with me again and I've forgot was I was talking about in the first place, I just wish they'd stop trying to fix something that wasn't broke 5 years ago, when we had taming, everyone hunted hogglo's a TI, everyone was dying trying to kill the spiders and atrox stalkers west of fort troy. TP runs involved running. Land grabs were competitive, people dressed like their avatars in real life for the chance to win a useful item. Blah blah blah, too sentimental i guess.

The following items will be listed on the Planet Calypso section of the Entropia Universe auction by the avatar MindArk Official Liquidator for a period of 7 days, with a starting bid of 1 PED.

A conflict of interest (COI) occurs when an individual or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation. - Wikipedia

All that needs said. MA and Calypso are supposed to be separate entities and thus these items should be on Global auction. Mindark is guilty as charged.

[h=3]Developer Notes #8[/h][h=4]Limited/Unlimited Item Balance[/h]In order to improve the balance between limited and unlimited gear, MindArk has been refining the rate at which unlimited items gain tier levels. This effort has resulted in a decrease in the number of uses required for tier increases, especially at higher tier levels. Further reduction is planned in several steps during the next few version updates, allowing the MindArk design team to monitor and implement incremental changes while reducing the risk of disrupting delicate item market values.

:yay:

Now, how about those reductions in tiering costs so we can afford to do it? :proof:

:yay:

Now, how about those reductions in tiering costs so we can afford to do it? :proof:

By reducing the time they also reduced the cost, you have to shoot less to achive the next tier :wise:

I hope it is not true what i just wrote :eyecrazy:

[h=3]To further improve balance between limited and unlimited items, the consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items will be reduced by 50% in Version Update 14.7, currently scheduled for May 13.

i have found the error in MA's swedish to english dictionary, the entry for the word balance should not read "to smash violently with a hammer"

By reducing the time they also reduced the cost, you have to shoot less to achive the next tier :wise:

I hope it is not true what i just wrote :eyecrazy:

Not if it doesn't cost you to shoot the gun. ;)

I hope by "unlimited" they also mean unlimited sib weapons.. not only oldschool unlimited weapons, otherwise that would suck balls.

You forgot to mention the implementation of unlimited melee amps!!

Where are they?

A conflict of interest (COI) occurs when an individual or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation. - Wikipedia

All that needs said. MA and Calypso are supposed to be separate entities and thus these items should be on Global auction. Mindark is guilty as charged.

why the constant hate for calypso from you? :)
maybe the fact that these are calypso items from a calypso born avatar has something to do with these items being sold on calypso auction? ;)

Another ma joke.....

This is nothing new, they did it not too long ago as well. I think it should just go back in the pool to be re-looted. This means they are kind of making money off the same item twice - but hey if we all don't go crazy and keep the bids low - can get a nice price.
Ancient Omegaton! woot.

agree, it should be in lootpool and not in auction!

Selling of virtual items from avatars that we don't know who!...

This is nothing new, they did it not too long ago as well. I think it should just go back in the pool to be re-looted. This means they are kind of making money off the same item twice...

agree, it should be in lootpool and not in auction!

:( Oh ffs.

Look, I may be mistaken, but I believe this is all in regards to the years long banned, and finally deleted HunterZ, Norstop, and other accounts.

If I understand the situation (again, I may be wrong) Those accounts were banned years ago for inappropriate actions. Those players fought MA for years, and it seems last year they finally came to some agreement. Part of that agreement says that those items left on the accounts are to be auctioned off and the money (most, if not all) goes to those banned players in the form of a mass withdrawal.

So it's not MA making money on these. In fact, they're forced to waste their time, get more bad reputation (from uninformed folks) and piss off other players who would prefer those items be in the loot pool all to hopefully finally be rid of a small group of folks they've been fighting for years.

For this reason only, I really do hope those items sell for record low amounts.

why the constant hate for calypso from you? :)
maybe the fact that these are calypso items from a calypso born avatar has something to do with these items being sold on calypso auction? ;)

3 posts don't qualify as constant hate nor does pointing out the conflict. You're reaching.

:( Oh ffs.

Look, I may be mistaken, but I believe this is all in regards to the years long banned, and finally deleted HunterZ, Norstop, and other accounts.

If I understand the situation (again, I may be wrong) Those accounts were banned years ago for inappropriate actions. Those players fought MA for years, and it seems last year they finally came to some agreement. Part of that agreement says that those items left on the accounts are to be auctioned off and the money (most, if not all) goes to those banned players in the form of a mass withdrawal.

So it's not MA making money on these. In fact, they're forced to waste their time, get more bad reputation (from uninformed folks) and piss off other players who would prefer those items be in the loot pool all to hopefully finally be rid of a small group of folks they've been fighting for years.

For this reason only, I really do hope those items sell for record low amounts.

So they infringed the rules but they still have the right to all the peds that their items might sold for and they even have Mindark working for them by auction the items.

Special treatment to banned avas?! WTF

What's next? Mindark going to chip out those avas and start to sell their skills on Calypso auction too?

Well I think I want to be banned also with this kind of treatment! LOL

Would be nice to see where Mindark state that the peds coming from these auction are going to the banned avas.
A help to Mindark for the court cost maybe. I don't think they will delivery that money to banned avatars...

Back