Developer Notes #8

Would be nice to see where Mindark state that the peds coming from these auction are going to the banned avas.

Not an "official" notice, but check the link in this post in the previous auction that happened last year. If there's any truth to it, it will be the closest thing to an official comment MA may be allowed to do, if a "shut your mouth" legal requirement is in the agreement.

That note just shows that i still have no clue how entropia work after all this years.

I have to tier UL guns once and have it forever.
I have to start all over on L stuff after the old one broke
Most of my L guns died at tier II - III unless they had über tier rates
UL stuff kill the L market and we once changed towards L stuff for a reason but now UL stuff is the way to go again

Make sense to buff UL guns and reducing the enhancer consumtion, making them more efficient.
WTS Calytreck MK II TEN only 50k grab it before price shoot trough roof (sarcasm)

Maybe im to blame still seeing entropia as a game for my entertainment, not using excel sheets to calculate returns and markups but mindark continue to suprise me doing exactly the oposite from what i expect them to do or what seem logical to me.

UL armors should get a buff too. There is no advantage in having UL armor other than you can keep repairing it and a disadvantage is protection dependant in current % condition. While L armor gets 100% protection all the way and faster tier rate. A complete set should give special buff like faster run or hp buff or regen buff or crit chance buff etc. depending on the set it will have either one of the current buffs we have ingame. Ei. Eon set would have crit chance increase of 2% supremacy adds 10 hp and so on.

why the constant hate for calypso from you? :)
maybe the fact that these are calypso items from a calypso born avatar has something to do with these items being sold on calypso auction? ;)

He became hostile toward Calypso the day he bought LA on Arkadia.

UL armors should get a buff too. There is no advantage in having UL armor other than you can keep repairing it and a disadvantage is protection dependant in current % condition. While L armor gets 100% protection all the way and faster tier rate. A complete set should give special buff like faster run or hp buff or regen buff or crit chance buff etc. depending on the set it will have either one of the current buffs we have ingame. Ei. Eon set would have crit chance increase of 2% supremacy adds 10 hp and so on.

Why dont you just download WoW or D3.
But looking at your post, you prolly have.

Why dont you just download WoW or D3.
But looking at your post, you prolly have.

These features are already in the game you are playing...

That note just shows that i still have no clue how entropia work after all this years.

I have to tier UL guns once and have it forever.
I have to start all over on L stuff after the old one broke
Most of my L guns died at tier II - III unless they had über tier rates
UL stuff kill the L market and we once changed towards L stuff for a reason but now UL stuff is the way to go again

Make sense to buff UL guns and reducing the enhancer consumtion, making them more efficient.
WTS Calytreck MK II TEN only 50k grab it before price shoot trough roof (sarcasm)

Maybe im to blame still seeing entropia as a game for my entertainment, not using excel sheets to calculate returns and markups but mindark continue to suprise me doing exactly the oposite from what i expect them to do or what seem logical to me.

Since I'm "old school" and don't own any (L) weapons all UL I appreciate this change. Nothing like seeing F-106 finder and Justifier MK IV etc. etcc breaking enhancers left & right. :eyecrazy:

It seems the more enhancers the faster they break.

Was looking along the lines how Earth Shock Armor had set effects.
3 pieces of Supremacy worn would be like 1% crit, 5 piece is 2% crit, 7 pieces as 3% crit.

Kimmi you are so funny I forgot to laugh ;)

50% increase makes me so sad I sold my t8 Jungle Stalker and my high tier Adj v1, which both tore through enhancers. But I still definitely feel it is a great thing that they do this! A bit of really good news to most, I say. I think that the mu will stay about the same for the crafters too, b/c more people will be using them.

In order to improve the balance between limited and unlimited gear, MindArk has been refining the rate at which unlimited items gain tier levels. This effort has resulted in a decrease in the number of uses required for tier increases, especially at higher tier levels. Further reduction is planned in several steps during the next few version updates, allowing the MindArk design team to monitor and implement incremental changes while reducing the risk of disrupting delicate item market values.

To further improve balance between limited and unlimited items, the consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items will be reduced by 50% in Version Update 14.7, currently scheduled for May 13.
Buying Mod Merc, +350k.

Perfect for MM and I can finally dust of my adj v1 :)

Will be very interesting to see if it will really be 50% because i know pretty well what example the MM eats trough a day of runs :)

These features are already in the game you are playing...

I didnt know we had a full set bonus in PE.

I understand what you mean, we do have bonus items.

To further improve balance between limited and unlimited items, the consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items will be reduced by 50%

how is this balanced ?

To further improve balance between limited and unlimited items, the consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items will be reduced by 50%

how is this balanced ?

now people are using enhancers more on limited items compared to unlimited :scratch2:

This makes it more desirable to use enhancers now for most UL hunters etc. I know a few who never uses enhancers but maybe now they will join the enhancer side :)

I think MA trying to solve the problem of gaming activity from wrong end... ok, reduce by 50% consumption rate of enhancers on unl guns, but increase skill gain on L by 100-200% at the same time - this is would be balance.

:( Oh ffs.

Look, I may be mistaken, but I believe this is all in regards to the years long banned, and finally deleted HunterZ, Norstop, and other accounts.

If I understand the situation (again, I may be wrong) Those accounts were banned years ago for inappropriate actions. Those players fought MA for years, and it seems last year they finally came to some agreement. Part of that agreement says that those items left on the accounts are to be auctioned off and the money (most, if not all) goes to those banned players in the form of a mass withdrawal.

So it's not MA making money on these. In fact, they're forced to waste their time, get more bad reputation (from uninformed folks) and piss off other players who would prefer those items be in the loot pool all to hopefully finally be rid of a small group of folks they've been fighting for years.

For this reason only, I really do hope those items sell for record low amounts.

I understand what you say, and maybe your right in that. But maybe this banned players did also some scam to other players. So in my opinion, it would be also fair, when we see such items in the lootpool and not in auction.

But ok, some ppl think this, other ppl that, and all is ok, as long it not happens personal :)

Announce such sensitive shit before implementation? Yeah, sure. Because it's not about hunt improvement, it's about mining nerf.

Dump your pyrite, dump your dianthus, dump your energized, guys. You're profiting too much.

(trollface.jpg)

Dump your pyrite, dump your dianthus, dump your energized, guys. You're profiting too much.

(trollface.jpg)

Interesting. If price of these plummet could be a good opportunity to stockpile them ;)

Interesting. If price of these plummet could be a good opportunity to stockpile them ;)

You can already do better thing. Stockpile crap-resources, companions of dianth&energized. Melchi and similar enmatter crappage - 100.01% MU crap, near zero-risk investment.

I didnt know we had a full set bonus in PE.

I understand what you mean, we do have bonus items.

Earth Shock Trooper (L) does have it. I don't think making it possible to enhance UL armor parts so that these would later have a set bonus would be a bad idea. It should just be done in a better, slightly wider base than mutated aurli bone pieces.

Announce such sensitive shit before implementation? Yeah, sure. Because it's not about hunt improvement, it's about mining nerf.

This is just trolling. Making ul weapon enhancers be more eco to use will get you more usage not less.

This is just trolling. Making ul weapon enhancers be more eco to use will get you more usage not less.

Trolling my ass.

Consumption of enhancers will be reduced by 50% How can you USE them MORE? Other people who didn't use them before will start use them now?

Ecofags will stay ecofags. They never change.

For me it's great news :) I am not using enhancers all the time, but now will use them much more ;)

As others pointed out, they should also even up balance between L and UNL armors.
You don't need to remove the loose of protection completely, but just drastically reduce it.
So even half damaged armor piece will maybe loose 0.5 protection point? :)

crazy likes this

[h=3]Developer Notes #8[/h][h=4]Limited/Unlimited Item Balance[/h]

Group A - Friday April 25
  • Improved A-3 Justifier Mk.II
  • Shadow Harness (M)
  • Shadow Helmet (M)
  • Shadow Gloves (M)
  • Dagger Of Despair
  • Omegaton A203
Group B - Monday April 28
  • Modified Omegaton Fast Aid Pack
  • Shadow Arm Guards (M)
  • Shadow Shin Guards (M)
  • Starkhov AS-98
  • Ancient Omegaton M2870
  • Laganaus Arms Personal Cannon

Originally Posted Here

Hmm.. My prediction... As soon as those auctions end, some current owners will post about how those items sold way cheaper than they are actually worth. I am sure Mod Fap will sell for "Damn lucky reseller price" and current owners will say that they would have paid much more (but for some reason they dont :D)

Trolling my ass.

Consumption of enhancers will be reduced by 50% How can you USE them MORE? Other people who didn't use them before will start use them now?

Ecofags will stay ecofags. They never change.

ecofags like me look at more then dpp

For example..
The big mind reaver quest I did with a mod rip m6600 +106 instead of a maxed i2870+106 becouse it saved me 150 ped TT of L armor on the last stage alone.. there's fap decay, armor, regen also to be put in the equation

Back