Developer Notes #8

ecofags like me look at more then dpp

For example..
The big mind reaver quest I did with a mod rip m6600 +106 instead of a maxed i2870+106 becouse it saved me 150 ped TT of L armor on the last stage alone.. there's fap decay, armor, regen also to be put in the equation

How can you call yourself ecofag, if you did used fap and armor?

To further improve balance between limited and unlimited items, the consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items will be reduced by 50% in Version Update 14.7, currently scheduled for May 13.

I like this. I like this a lot.

Consumption of enhancers will be reduced by 50% How can you USE them MORE? Other people who didn't use them before will start use them now?

As of now many hunters use enhancers only occasionally, I'm pretty sure that now more will use them on daily basis.

I didnt know we had a full set bonus in PE.

I understand what you mean, we do have bonus items.

That bonus must have been ?

Still waiting ;)

As of now many hunters use enhancers only occasionally, I'm pretty sure that now more will use them on daily basis.

And they already isn't ecofags.

I think, I need to clear something about term "ecofag", what I put in it.

Once I was in the car with some old driver. He had two strange habits while driving. First one - when he was overtaken by someone, he did pushed accelerator just a tiny bit, and then pulled out it back. I even afraid ask about this one. Second - he was gaining speed till 120km/h (we was out of city), then switched neutral (manual shifting), and waited until speed will drop to 90km/h. Then repeat.

After half of hour of such fucking ride I asked him - "wtf you're doing?" He answered with smile - "gas economy".

Dangerous driving + actually higher gas consumption = ecofagging.

How can you call yourself ecofag, for any reason? :laugh:

Easy. I mining energized for my own use myself. It's stupid waste of time, if I going down to math. So I easily can call myself ecofag here.

Since I doing that not because of economy, but because I like mining - same time I can't call myself ecofag.

Ah, enhancers..
Two problems...

Each of them add big amount of ammo consumption and a lot of decay making an excelent weapon as wery bad eco gun.

As is now carfting
- failure,
- failure,
- near success,
- near success, wtf 1?
- near success, wtf 2?
- near success, wtf 3?
- success, - only 1 enhancer - and shud be random from 1 up to 4
- failure,....

So those are two reasons to avoid them as much as possible .

VU wil bring just a lipstick on two big wounds here.

For me it's great news :) I am not using enhancers all the time, but now will use them much more ;)

As others pointed out, they should also even up balance between L and UNL armors.
You don't need to remove the loose of protection completely, but just drastically reduce it.
So even half damaged armor piece will maybe loose 0.5 protection point? :)

[h=3]
To further improve balance between limited and unlimited items, the consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items will be reduced by 50% in Version Update 14.7, currently scheduled for May 13.
Includes UL armors, so there's the the balance.

I don't see myself using dmg enhancers even with this 50% lower consumption rate, because paying 300%+ for dmg enhancers is madness, since it even increases the cost per shot. Hence even at 50% lower consumption rate, you'll still always lose while using damage enhancers.

If they made so damage enhancers didn't increase cost so much, then maybe it would be worthwhile. For uber items ofc like imk2 then it's another story.

And they already isn't ecofags.

I think, I need to clear something about term "ecofag", what I put in it.

Once I was in the car with some old driver. He had two strange habits while driving. First one - when he was overtaken by someone, he did pushed accelerator just a tiny bit, and then pulled out it back. I even afraid ask about this one. Second - he was gaining speed till 120km/h (we was out of city), then switched neutral (manual shifting), and waited until speed will drop to 90km/h. Then repeat.

After half of hour of such fucking ride I asked him - "wtf you're doing?" He answered with smile - "gas economy".

Dangerous driving + actually higher gas consumption = ecofagging.

I don't know the term so I cant fag the reply.
What I do know is the propensity for tier rates to be challenged with (UL) /gear/weapons out of circulation.
Many will see this as an excuse to harvest ped via (L) incentive.
I suspect that proportionate ped input by (UL) gear/owners has hit a level they can harvest potential reselling (UL)
This is yet another marketing initiative with a bit of gold lining to entice (UL) owners to spend and non owners of (UL) to speculate.

Let me login ...LOL

Simply put

I suspect/hope the next manoeuvre will be a 'buy out' of all platforms for the good of all!

Obviously they have researched the ped drift!

I don't see myself using dmg enhancers even with this 50% lower consumption rate, because paying 300%+ for dmg enhancers is madness, since it even increases the cost per shot. Hence even at 50% lower consumption rate, you'll still always lose while using damage enhancers.

If they made so damage enhancers didn't increase cost so much, then maybe it would be worthwhile. For uber items ofc like imk2 then it's another story.

Enhancers = nought with skills. = they make 4 deficiencies.
Yes I use them minimally.

Enhancers makes no sense on low dmg weapons, that's true. But anything with above mid level dmg starts to makes sense on some mobs.

Yes they break, yes they cost money, but for example with my gun if I put 4 of them I can go and kill globsters without armor, proterons without armor, scipulors without armor... And believe me, at the end of run, the downgraded eco of weapon and the burned enhancers are just less then armor decay :)

And of course, going to team hunts with my crazy 100dps+ soc mates, I need a way to keep up ;)

Do you guys know how dmg enahncer work?

Every slot increase your damage and decay of the weapon by 10%.
At this point eco is not changed, only dmg per second increased.
Similar to using the next bigger weapon with same eco.

Thus only the break rate of enhancers affect your eco.

Like PW3CKA said: More dps is less armor and fap decay.

Do you guys know how dmg enahncer work?

Every slot increase your damage and decay of the weapon by 10%.
Similar to using the next bigger weapon with same eco.

Thus only the break rate of enhancers affect your eco.

Like PW3CKA said: More dps is less armor and fap decay.

it does change AFAIK couse there's dpp for gun & dpp for amp, not even gonna consider overkill ;)

While eco number value of weapon may not have changed your overall eco would be considerably better due to the increase in kill speed. Overall you would therefore kill mobs for less due to defence savings provided you use weapon on the right mob.

Eco is more than just eco rating of weapon, overall eco that looks at total costs is what really matters.

Enhancers makes no sense on low dmg weapons, that's true. But anything with above mid level dmg starts to makes sense on some mobs.

Yes they break, yes they cost money, but for example with my gun if I put 4 of them I can go and kill globsters without armor, proterons without armor, scipulors without armor... And believe me, at the end of run, the downgraded eco of weapon and the burned enhancers are just less then armor decay :)

And of course, going to team hunts with my crazy 100dps+ soc mates, I need a way to keep up ;)

Understand ;)

While eco number value of weapon may not have changed your overall eco would be considerably better due to the increase in kill speed. Overall you would therefore kill mobs for less due to defence savings provided you use weapon on the right mob.

Eco is more than just eco rating of weapon, overall eco that looks at total costs is what really matters.

if enhancer has 0 TT + 0 MU

Reactions: das
50% decrease on enhancer use on UL weapons.

Well that tells me is that they want people spending money on tiering up UL stuff. Plus they may increase the number of people using unmaxed weapons as well.

And within a few months I think we'll see UL stuff dropping more often.

MA wouldn't do anything like this without the likely hood of it increasing their profit margin. Cynical but based on past experience.

Last edited:

Well that tells me is that they want people spending money on tiering up UL stuff. Plus they may increase the number of people using unmaxed weapons as well.

MA wouldn't do anything like this without the likely hood of it increasing their profit margin. Cynical but based on past experience.

I thought this when i read the OP.

Tiering is a great little money earner for MA. Direct peds to them.

The cost of enhancers will be the same as before, the blueprints to make them are not changing.

Same cost, last longer = maybe more people will use them. Still won't make a difference from a crafters point of view. Only the cost of materials will make a difference to that.

Although saying that, if more enhancers are used, more will be crafted. So some specific material costs will probably go up, which means more expensive enhancers. And the cycle begins again :laugh:

Either way i think MA wants people to tier their weapons more often as this is direct money to them.

I know i would

Rgds

Ace

Likely aim and a just opinion however cap that now thinking if once you get further UL fervent players your spend bill increases with hardware profit on top!
Cheers

I thought this when i read the OP.

Tiering is a great little money earner for MA. Direct peds to them.

The cost of enhancers will be the same as before, the blueprints to make them are not changing.

Same cost, last longer = maybe more people will use them. Still won't make a difference from a crafters point of view. Only the cost of materials will make a difference to that.

Although saying that, if more enhancers are used, more will be crafted. So some specific material costs will probably go up, which means more expensive enhancers. And the cycle begins again :laugh:

But to stay the same the use of enhancers most double, because the break rate will only be 50 % compared to today. So if the use don't increase the demand will actually go down on enhancers. To early to say what effect it will have. And the price is effected by the demand, not only the cost the materiel used in the crafting, so yes, it will have an effect if the demand is effected.

What gun do you use?

But to stay the same the use of enhancers most double, because the break rate will only be 50 % compared to today. So if the use don't increase the demand will actually go down on enhancers. To early to say what effect it will have. And the price is effected by the demand, not only the cost the materiel used in the crafting, so yes, it will have an effect if the demand is effected.

Agreed :wise:, i would say though that cost of materials has more of an effect than demand. But i have nothing to back that up. From a crafters point of view, there are always those that craft at a loss, so material cost maybe not so important.

Did i just convince myself of the opposite in the same sentence? :eyecrazy:

Rgds

Ace

I really didnt see this one coming... i had hoped that they would phase out UL gear more and more as it makes no macroeconomic sense for them to favour it over L gear but with the recent additions to ark and now this i guess UL gear will be a focus point moving forward.

Best regards
Zweshi

I really didnt see this one coming... i had hoped that they would phase out UL gear more and more as it makes no macroeconomic sense for them to favour it over L gear but with the recent additions to ark and now this i guess UL gear will be a focus point moving forward.

Best regards
Zweshi

(L) still has its place. Majority of people cant afford to spend 2000+USD on a UL weapon, or many if they can cant justify it to spend that much on a virtual item in a computer game. So I don't think its MA favouring UL over (L).

For myself, and im guessing many others who use UL weapons, daily hunting I do without enhancers, purely because of the cost of them, and that they break so often. Having my enhancers last twice as long will definitely encourage me to use them more often. So if MU goes down due to lack of demand I win. Enhancers last twice as long, and MU increases, but stays below double the price they are now, I win.

For sure MA isn't doing this out of the kindness of there hearts, they must of done some models and worked out this will increase revenue for themselves, just so happens that it could well benefit hunters, crafters and miners all at the same times, or maybe just hunters, time will tell :)

i had hoped that they would phase out UL gear more and more

Everyone seems to have forgotten the email survey from 2012 and its results, specifically these parts:

Looting powerful Unlimited items: A total of 67 % either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement "Low chance of looting powerful Unlimited items" as a reason reduce playing or depositing.
Here, a rain of sib UL items from loot and events.

Other reasons to reduce playing or depositing: "Strongly Agree" or "Agree"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introduction of limited items 30 %

No problem, let's make UL more appealing than L.

They just do what they think might please the playerbase, forgetting that you can't please everyone and that every attempt at it will backfire.

Last edited:
They just do what they think might please the playerbase, forgetting that you can't please everyone and that every attempt at it will backfire.

good point, but i think it is one thing to try to please customers more, its another to make such drastic changes, we saw this with the change to mining and crafting not too long ago, if you take a hammer to your systems in the hope of improving things it is more likely to do damage than to fix the problem.

Didn't you think, that they perfectly know what they doing? And under mask of "pleasing playerbase", they doing opposite things?

Back