5 years on, are you happy planet partners are still living off calypso

are you happy with the way the PP model has developed

• i am happy with the PP model but i believe MA favours calypso unfairly

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • i am happy with the PP model and i do not believe MA favours calypso unfairly

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • i am unhappy with the PP model but i believe MA favours calypso unfairly

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • i am unhappy with the PP model and i do not believe MA favours calypso unfairly

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • 7-9% of the population do not have any opinions at all and i am one of them

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters

FallenAngel

Stalker
Society
Free!
Fallen Yours Angel
when existing participants were "sold" the planet partner model this is what we were "promised":
Dear Entropia Universe Participants,

A few notes regarding Planet Partners:

As Entropia Universe gears up for the implementation of the new CryENGINE2 graphic engine new partners are being accepted to build their own planets. Each partner we hope will introduce new exciting and diverse content to cater for all types of Internet users, i.e. gamers, social networking, entrepreneurs, entertainment, news, culture, sports, etc.

The partners are chosen for different reasons, for the content they can bring to Entropia Universe, for the contacts in entertainment areas we don't have etc, but we believe the diversity of the partners will allow Entropia Universe to attract a wider range of Internet users.

The Entropia Universe platform was built to allow partners the freedom to build their own planet with very little interference from us; this is the only way to really bring diversity into Entropia Universe.

We understand the frustration of our users not knowing all of the future plans for Entropia Universe & Mindark, but important information must be released at the right time, Official information can only be found on www.entropiauniverse.com or www.mindark.com

Regards

David

of course i do not have access to the internal accounts of the PP's and MA but from the outside it would appear that the universe as a whole has not really grown and that PP's are not only still dependent on calypso "born" players for revenue but that MA has to make frequent changes to the economic balance on calypso to keep its PP's "happy". we also see vocal supporters of other PP's frequently "crying" about how their planet is being unfairly treated by MA, or that MA is displaying favouritism towards calypso over other PP's.
if we add to this the fact that calypso revenue is shared by participants (i have never owned a deed) and this therefore potentially effects people that own deeds i am curious to know what people think of the way in which the PP model has developed over all these years.

well i don't know what to vote.

but from what we know one planet shut down alredy.

and that selling of the AUD make me belive PA is in need of cash soon we will see how that goes but honestly who want to buy AUD ? I mean when you know there is 10 ppl that play on that planet. :) Ok mayby not 10 but you get point not 100 for shore.

I never feelt need to move to another planet visited Arkadia but i dont realy see why to go there when i get the same mobs on calypso ( not names but same dmg/HP) + the all economy is on caly auction Wise so realy no point to go there at least for me.

One can argue for itemzzz but i never loot any so no point to belive it will hapen.

How can someone vote on poll with 3 different questions :laugh:

-are you happy planet partners are still living off calypso?
-are you happy with the way the PP model has developed?
-do you believe MA favours calypso unfairly?

how much does it cost to be a PP? and how many planets are there?

i would suggest the winners are MA, thats a serious amount of income they have generated

like most things that ma are involved with, i doubt out our personal opinions count for much when theres cash dollars at stake

I am happy with the planet partners, each planet offers something unique to this universe. And some planets are more unique then others.

I highly doubt that other planets are living off calypso, without the partner concept i would have been long gone, and with me loads of other players.

I do not believe Mindark favours calypso too much.

How can someone vote on poll with 3 different questions :laugh:

-are you happy planet partners are still living off calypso?
-are you happy with the way the PP model has developed?
-do you believe MA favours calypso unfairly?

its two connected questions, with 4 available options worded as fairly as possible.
i have my own opinion which might colour the thread title just a little bit (hey at least i did not use the word leach), but i tried to be fair with the options in the poll, and even weighed the poll slightly in favour of the position i do not agree with through the order in which i listed the voting options.
so i have a opinion one can discuss in the thread, and a poll which i hope will fairly reflect the wider issue in a unbiased way.

I'll be happy when there is one again, and someone takes control in totality. It is only then central disbursement of true loot and achievement will again shine.

option that i would have voted for would have been MA favours shitty planets like Arkadia over Calypso. MA should be tougher with pp's like Ark that abuse the game e.g. by mission rewards, skill abuse (carabok). Both of these abuses caused a rebalance but no penalty. This is bad because not only do these pp continue to abuse the system but they twist it round and blame MA/Calypso for them which is absolutely astonishing. They have no shame or integrity.

Furtermore by failing to be tougher with them some players buy into the bullshit which goes along the lines of Calypso is favoured. In some cases players making those kind of remarks I think actually believe that crap while others who know better have no excuse. Therefore at minimum MA should perhaps publicly state this pp did this abuse even if they are not punished at least then it would be clear to all with all the abuses pp like Ark get up to.

option that i would have voted for would have been MA favours shitty planets like Arkadia over Calypso. MA should be tougher with pp's like Ark that abuse the game e.g. by mission rewards, skill abuse (carabok). Both of these abuses caused a rebalance but no penalty. This is bad because not only do these pp continue to abuse the system but they twist it round and blame MA/Calypso for them which is absolutely astonishing. They have no shame or integrity.

Furtermore by failing to be tougher with them some players buy into the bullshit which goes along the lines of Calypso is favoured. In some cases players making those kind of remarks I think actually believe that crap while others who know better have no excuse. Therefore at minimum MA should perhaps publicly state this pp did this abuse even if they are not punished at least then it would be clear to all with all the abuses pp like Ark get up to.

George, Ark is part of a formulae with dependency $$$. It's about time dependencies were removed. The planet experiment has proven MA cannot sustain a multi investor model. Ownership I suggest is viable if the platform is not farmed. The trial is over and let an investor buy all!

As someone who began playing when it was Project Entropia, I'd personally love to go back to playing that game. The new planets have left me underwhelmed to say the least; sub-standard content and design in comparison to Calypso. Apart from cash to Mindark, they seem to do nothing but bad to the game as a whole: armor bound to account to ruin demand; huge UL item drops (ranked on Cyrene, swords on Greece, Gravis on ark) with no player base to trigger or deserve it; nerfing scanning with very questionable ethics, amongst other things. Overall they have ruined the "feel", storyline and concept of Project Entropia. I personally wish none of them were made.

well i don't know what to vote.

but from what we know one planet shut down alredy.

and that selling of the AUD make me belive PA is in need of cash soon we will see how that goes but honestly who want to buy AUD ? I mean when you know there is 10 ppl that play on that planet. :) Ok mayby not 10 but you get point not 100 for shore.

I never feelt need to move to another planet visited Arkadia but i dont realy see why to go there when i get the same mobs on calypso ( not names but same dmg/HP) + the all economy is on caly auction Wise so realy no point to go there at least for me.

One can argue for itemzzz but i never loot any so no point to belive it will hapen.

And yet you bought my fire dagger (arkadian unlimited shortblade). They must be doing something right.

And yet you bought my fire dagger (arkadian unlimited shortblade). They must be doing something right.

you do realyse that blade fits the skill lvl am going true now right ? Once i maxed it it will go back to auction. it could be any blade as much as i care it could be the ranked one... so you can say then Planet Cyrene is doing something right. :laugh:

i hope the post was more humoristic cos i realy did not see the point you try to make. :scratch2:

if is not humoristic let me ask you this:

Is there ANY weapon that i can not find on calypso lvl/dmg/eco Wise that i will find on another PP ?

Not talking looks as i will admit something Arcadia devloped the best looking weapons in the game. Ofc personal taste.

I hope one day they make set of black clothes including the coat as they seem competant in designing stuff. But mayby MA wont let them. Becose after 5 years you did not releasy black set of clothes is litle weard. Usualy is thhe most popular color in gaming.

I think they made this:

but who ever made that was on LSD.

Last edited:
you do realyse that blade fits the skill lvl am going true now right ? Once i maxed it it will go back to auction. it could be any blade as much as i care it could be the ranked one...

i hope the post was more humoristic cos i realy did not see the point you try to make. :scratch2:

if is not humoristic let me ask you this:

Is there ANY weapon that i can not find on calypso lvl/dmg/eco Wise that i will find on another PP ?

You mention the ranked one as an example.. which is cyrenean..

bikak blix comes close but lower dps and lower eco. Ranked combat knife and fire dagger are better. And I guess the 400 ped price tag didn't hurt either. Try to get a bikak blix for 400 ped and you can answer your own question.
UL sib weapons from arkadia/cyrene have nice eco, nice dps and they are dirt cheap.
compare shagadi vs nano katana. katana wins on eco but not on dps and price tag. You can pick up a shagadi for 500 ped these days.
So why are they so cheap? surely the 10 people who play on arkadia couldn't have looted them all to make the price drop?

You mention the ranked one as an example.. which is cyrenean..

bikak blix comes close but lower dps and lower eco. Ranked combat knife and fire dagger are better. And I guess the 400 ped price tag didn't hurt either. Try to get a bikak blix for 400 ped and you can answer your own question.
UL sib weapons from arkadia/cyrene have nice eco, nice dps and they are dirt cheap.
compare shagadi vs nano katana. katana wins on eco but not on dps and price tag. You can pick up a shagadi for 500 ped these days.
So why are they so cheap? surely the 10 people who play on arkadia couldn't have looted them all to make the price drop?[/QUOTE]

do you belive what you write ?

ok let me not be mean to you.

you know how economy works in EU ? suply vs demand ? BS !!!

is only DEMAND. THE ONLY REASON PRICE DROP ON EVERITHING FOR PAST YEARS IS BECOSE NO ONE WANT TO BUY IT !!!

if i dont want to buy youre item you can take it and showe it *** self sencored *** becose all you can get from it is what MA will give you and that is TT.

so when you ppl will Wake up what MA do to you send you drugs by mail ?

to make this CRISTAL clear the day MA shut down and it will one day all ppl will get for mod faps, MM, terminator and stuff is the TT value the day game is over.

Last edited:
So much rage....over something so meaningless.

" allow partners the freedom to build their own planet with """very little""" interference from us "

Would love to know what they actually mean by these words.:scratch2:

Is it all loot and all items ?.

I hope one day they make set of black clothes including the coat as they seem competant in designing stuff. But mayby MA wont let them. Becose after 5 years you did not releasy black set of clothes is litle weard. Usualy is thhe most popular color in gaming.

I don't think MA would let them either cause if you could have cool cheap black clothing from another planet, what would that do to the high level tailors and colorer's here? It would butt r@pe the whole market and piss people off immensely. So as it is if you want a big gothic looking black coat and outfit you have to pay accordingly.

Also look at RT fashion.. :laugh: How rock is that lol? It's totally lame. I am a pure metal head irl but haven't found anything remotely cool there except road crew axe :tongue2:

so when you ppl will Wake up what MA do to you send you drugs by mail ?

heheh :laugh:

Don't give them any ideas..

What I think - Well I am a product of the post PP Entropia, however.. I think at the moment, it is failing system, BUT could work, if only they drew in more players.. That's basically the defining factor of whether it succeeds or fails.

As far as the "Diverse Content" that MA had hoped for. Well it isn't possible at all because it's a platform so that idea was not compatible with the reality, so the planets are just additional land masses, nothing more..

Remember the statement came from the CEO, not a technical guy, he probably had been told a load of stuff and made the other half up himself that's how it is..

Summary - I don't really care, I think the whole thing is fucked anyway. Just keep going as long as possible I guess.. At least it's still going..

P.s the censoring is funny here - I can say Fucked, but not F.uck :yup:

Last edited:
Oh ffs Fallen!! Favors does not have a 'u' in it. I can't vote in a poll where words aren't spelled correctly :p

The real issue I see here is they are trying to make a gaming engine into something that it wasn't designed to be. Ie: a MMO. Don't get me wrong, they have done a fairly nice job of it, but it has taken far too long. This ultimately has caused the most problems. If they used an engine directly made for MMO's they would have been a lot farther a head by now. It may have even given them more freedom to explore new ideas in this game.

Now we are here. We can't turn back. We can't change course. (We could, but at what cost?) All we can do is ride out the current development process and hope things change in the future. (With a few suggestions from the gamers of course! ;) )

BTW, I love the CryEngine. I think it is a great engine for what it was designed for. I also like what MA has done with it so far. (Except they are still using out dated coding, like direct X 9.c which I believe has caused more issues then it's worth.) I think given an ample amount of time, say another 5 years, we will see a far better game. Now the question is, how many of the current gamers are still going to be here? Count me as one of them. For me it's like reading a book. When you get to the thick of things, you just can't put it down. Unlike a book though, EU is taking along time to get to some sort of plot! LOL :eyecrazy:

Look at it this way. For the northern hemisphere, we are entering the warmer season. Maybe it's high time to go out a bit more and change our skin color from a pasty vampiric white to a nice subtle tan?! :laugh: It doesn't mean leaving the game, but a fresh new perspective on things is healthy for the mind and the body! :wtg:
My two cents for what it's worth! :beerchug:

Last edited:
The real issue I see here is they are trying to make a gaming engine into something that it wasn't designed to be. Ie: a MMO. Don't get me wrong, they have done a fairly nice job of it, but it has taken far too long. This ultimately has caused the most problems. If they used an engine directly made for MMO's they would have been a lot farther a head by now. It may have even given them more freedom to explore new ideas in this game.

Now we are hear. We can't turn back. We can't change course. (We could, but at what cost?) All we can do is ride out the current development process and hope things change in the future. (With a few suggestions from the gamers of course! ;) )

BTW, I love the CryEngine. I think it is a great engine for what it was designed for. I also like what MA has done with it so far. (Except they are still using out dated coding, like direct X 9.c which I believe has caused more issues then it's worth.) I think given an ample amount of time, say another 5 years, we will see a far better game. Now the question is, how many of the current gamers are still going to be here? Count me as one of them. For me it's like reading a book. When you get to the thick of things, you just can't put it down. Unlike a book though, EU is taking along time to get to some sort of plot! LOL :eyecrazy:

Look at it this way. For the northern hemisphere, we are entering the warmer season. Maybe it's high time to go out a bit more and change our skin color from a pasty vampiric white to a nice subtle tan?! :laugh: It doesn't mean leaving the game, but a fresh new perspective on things is healthy for the mind and the body! :wtg:
My two cents for what it's worth! :beerchug:

That's nice positive post. I will be here too. I have been for 10 years.. I will ride the waves for the next 10. I would love to play entropia when I reach the age to go into a retirement home.

I am unhappy with the PP model but i believe MA favors calypso BUT I don't see it's unfair. You haven't really expected them to give equal opportunities to PPs? If, say, Ark team could implement whatever they want and roll out updates whenever they want, Ark would overtake Caly long time ago - not because it's better (although it has many pros) but just because A-team displays way more fervent enthusiasm. Turning into a mere platform support for PPs surely wasn't in MA's plans.

You might say, how's that not unfair? Easily, better to have limited opportunities than to have none. If MA would see PPs as a threat to their motherlode named Calypso, they'd never have launched the PP program at all - and it, even in its broken state, adds quite a nice diversity to the game.

I don't feel your poll choices are going to accurately depict anything as they attempt to answer multiple questions with one answer.

That being said, I chose "unhappy with the PP system but do not believe Calypso is favored unfairly".

Is Calypso favored? Sure. It's the cash cow though. Always has been. I'd prefer we were still playing Project Entropia with just the one planet. Graphics upgrades I can take or leave, but I get why they did it from a longevity standpoint.

The planets for the most part have proven to be utter failures at sustaining themselves and marketing the game (barring Arkadia, though most of their spending player base was in game prior to the PP system). I feel MA fixed something that was not broken by adding PP's and space. And in the end that deletes the question of whether Calypso is unfairly favored.

I don't think MA would let them either cause if you could have cool cheap black clothing from another planet, what would that do to the high level tailors and colorer's here? It would butt r@pe the whole market and piss people off immensely. So as it is if you want a big gothic looking black coat and outfit you have to pay accordingly.

Also look at RT fashion.. :laugh: How rock is that lol? It's totally lame. I am a pure metal head irl but haven't found anything remotely cool there except road crew axe :tongue2:

remember me my Young times mothorhead, saxon iron maiden.

this is my in yet another game:

see there i don't show my face becose is more of RPG type where i wanted to get somme badd ass punk mood

just wish MA could make looks like this. :mad:

i must agree whith you on the colorer part but there is sadly not tons of them actif any way.

I'm happy with it pretty much, but it is way too vast for the amount of active players. Would rather see it CP- Continent Partners; eliminate space and make each planet partner a continent instead. One global auction, the ocean can have safe fly zones around continents but open sea lootable pvp as space is currently. Make travel from continents minutes not hours. Convert motherships privateers into seagoing vessels. Hangars can become ports where supplies can be obtained like duty free shops at borders between countries as it is on Planet Earth. The way the setup is now may never visit Toulan, Next Island ever again just based upon limited time available for game. Each PP payed the same amount to be part of the universe yet they are penalized because of their timing to be dropped at the outer reaches of our fair universe. Ideally each Planet should require the same flight time, not 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 40 minutes, 50 minutes etc. At this point I have become so bored with calypso because things have not evolved but staled and feel it is a pain in the ass to have to fly there to sell my wares and resupply at decent markup.

Last edited:
I don't feel your poll choices are going to accurately depict anything as they attempt to answer multiple questions with one answer.

That being said, I chose "unhappy with the PP system but do not believe Calypso is favored unfairly".

Is Calypso favored? Sure. It's the cash cow though. Always has been. I'd prefer we were still playing Project Entropia with just the one planet. Graphics upgrades I can take or leave, but I get why they did it from a longevity standpoint.

The planets for the most part have proven to be utter failures at sustaining themselves and marketing the game (barring Arkadia, though most of their spending player base was in game prior to the PP system). I feel MA fixed something that was not broken by adding PP's and space. And in the end that deletes the question of whether Calypso is unfairly favored.

maybe you are right to say it asks too many questions, what you say is close to how i feel about PP's, such a waste of resources that MA could of used more productively to improve what they had and market what they had without diluting their income so much.

Oh ffs Fallen!! Favors does not have a 'u' in it. I can't vote in a poll where words aren't spelled correctly :p

must...not..make...jokes...about....penal..colonies...and...rel...um im sorry kitty i cant edit polls for you or otherwise i would do that at once. :)

PPs are pretty much like most of MA's other half-baked ideas: aim for the moon (er planet) and crash-land 100 meters away on top of some key installation.

Reading that description, it's clear that MA was deluding itself. There was no way for PPs to be so diverse in offering and experience with the platform as limited as it is. I was shocked when i learned how little PPs could "develop": even game modders have more flexibility.

So it's a broken system from the start, a drain of resources, and an unfortunate distraction from both story and development that could have made PE so much more interesting than it is.

That PPs squabble over the limited resources they have available isn't surprising, given how tightly hobbled they are to the "platform"-- and the platform is basically Planet Calypso with support for new maps.

George, Ark is part of a formulae with dependency $$$. It's about time dependencies were removed. The planet experiment has proven MA cannot sustain a multi investor model. Ownership I suggest is viable if the platform is not farmed. The trial is over and let an investor buy all!

Your sort of right. The planet partner multi investor model as you call it was designed to offload marketing onto pp's. This never happened and hence it's a failure. Perhaps there is a better option than to let one investor buy all because in that case we are back to square one and worse of in a way.

Which is why we MA created the new system where people buy the rights to advertise for them and take a cut of the players they bring in which has resulted in Monria.

Which is why we MA created the new system where people buy the rights to advertise for them and take a cut of the players they bring in which has resulted in Monria.

true, but how often can you slice a piece of pie before all that remains for development is a homoeopathic dose?

Back