Claiming a kill and how it works now?

Cail

Elite
Society
Guess Who
Crys Cail Behemon
So, i shot this proteron down to 5%, got a lag spike and couldn't use any item -> dead, jumped back, and this lovely fella started shooting my prot, and succesfully looted it.
I was away for 6 months there, so not sure if this has been an introduced feature or what, but, you can killsteal mobs at low HP nowadays?

Also, there's no way the prot would had regened back to 50+% during one death, and it was still at ~5'ish % when i got back and saw the other dude starting to shoot at it.

Is this just how it is nowadays?

If that mob not was a shared mob, then it must be really new.

Bad jump? happened to land near someone who was shooting a prot that happened to be around same HP as yours?

Menace

If that mob not was a shared mob, then it must be really new.
Not a shared mob.

Bad jump? happened to land near someone who was shooting a prot that happened to be around same HP as yours?

Menace
Nope, not that, also scouted the area to be sure, but was the same spot where i died.

So, i shot this proteron down to 5%, got a lag spike and couldn't use any item -> dead, jumped back, and this lovely fella started shooting my prot, and succesfully looted it.
I was away for 6 months there, so not sure if this has been an introduced feature or what, but, you can killsteal mobs at low HP nowadays?

Also, there's no way the prot would had regened back to 50+% during one death, and it was still at ~5'ish % when i got back and saw the other dude starting to shoot at it.

Is this just how it is nowadays?

impossible , maby wrong mob

impossible , maby wrong mob

I made it quite sure, that there weren't other low HP mobs around, running/flying around.
And as i asked this person, he was just quiet and ran off, so, that's a bit weird too.

my guess is if it was 5% when u had lagg spike died not shure of pos it regened to 60% in the time and the guy had got it down to 5% again when u landed.

i was more wondering why someone would go shoot a mob thats below 50%.

maybe lagg spike made a rol back on mobs hp

my guess is if it was 5% when u had lagg spike died not shure of pos it regened to 60% in the time and the guy had got it down to 5% again when u landed.
Well that'd be some very hefty regen speed.

i was more wondering why someone would go shoot a mob thats below 50%.
That is a bit weird, too.

Did you use /pos when you died to find your mob?
If not my gues is that it's the wrong mob.

you need to do more than 50% of the damage, still as was before. So you have made a mistake somewhere, be it jumping top old waypoint or what ever, but damage wise still the same as before :)

if another player is in the radar range of the mob, the mob regenerates. If there's nobody around it will stay at the same health. It all depends on how long the lag spike lasted. May be you died far before lag spike ended. But you only noticed it at lag spike end.

So in theory

you hit prot to 5% LAG SPIKE START
prot hits you, you die , 10 Second countdown which you don't see because of LAG SPIKE
second player enters the scene, proteron regenerates you are still frozen due to LAG SPIKE
LAG SPIKE ENDS, you get fatal hit animation and instant transport to outpost
second player starts hitting proteron from 51% regen
you charge tp chip. a fair share of seconds later you reenter the scene
other player kills proteron and loots it.

Is it possible they killed yours and it was gone before you got back? And the one they looted was another one?

There's only one logical explanation: Lag.

The lag was long enough so the prot regenerated to 50+%
In your monitor you saw it down to just 5% because of desync or something. Meanwhile for everyone else the mob was regenerating. So lag spike + death + teleporting back was enough for going 50%+ and down again. The other guy obviously knew what he was doing and he got the loot. The 50%+ dmg on mob rule still applies imho. Haven't seen anything different.

if another player is in the radar range of the mob, the mob regenerates. If there's nobody around it will stay at the same health. It all depends on how long the lag spike lasted. May be you died far before lag spike ended. But you only noticed it at lag spike end.

So in theory

you hit prot to 5% LAG SPIKE START
prot hits you, you die , 10 Second countdown which you don't see because of LAG SPIKE
second player enters the scene, proteron regenerates you are still frozen due to LAG SPIKE
LAG SPIKE ENDS, you get fatal hit animation and instant transport to outpost
second player starts hitting proteron from 51% regen
you charge tp chip. a fair share of seconds later you reenter the scene
other player kills proteron and loots it.
Plausible, lag can play cruel tricks on you.

Is it possible they killed yours and it was gone before you got back? And the one they looted was another one?
Possible, didn't see any unlooted bodies laying around though.

if another player is in the radar range of the mob, the mob regenerates. If there's nobody around it will stay at the same health.

I think they have changed this.. i have died a few times on high regen mobs with noone on radar and when i get back they have a bit more hp then I left. I think they changed that few vu's ago. Will see if i can test it tonight.

I just tested on carabok which regen to full in about 1.5 minutes. They do not regen if you leave the area (tested for 5 min). I have noticed that mobs can sometimes tick up one or two notches during your death and TPing back so it can look like they have regenerated in your absence when in fact they stopped regenerated once you were actually gone. The other thing is that someone could have passed by them while you were gone so they did in fact continue to regenerate.

I just tested on carabok which regen to full in about 1.5 minutes. They do not regen if you leave the area (tested for 5 min). I have noticed that mobs can sometimes tick up one or two notches during your death and TPing back so it can look like they have regenerated in your absence when in fact they stopped regenerated once you were actually gone. The other thing is that someone could have passed by them while you were gone so they did in fact continue to regenerate.

thnx for testing.. and is good to know.

The other thing is that someone could have passed by them while you were gone so they did in fact continue to regenerate.
Afaik prots don't regen quite that fast (45% regen in time to die, TP to revive, charge TP chip, jump), of course, the lag might had been playing tricks there and i could had been dead for a while already, before actually seeing my ava's death on my end.

Did you use /pos when you died to find your mob?
If not my gues is that it's the wrong mob.

With the new chat system you don't need to hit /pos, you can just hit P or let entropiatracker do it for you.

I was away for 6 months there...

That has a easy explanation...You get the Prot down to 5% and then leave for 6 months???
I cant believe it wasnt there waiting!

Yea I know that's not what you meant:laugh:, but it is impossible to loot a mob, unless you do more than 50% of the damage or if you are in the same team.
We've all had thoughts like that when jumping back, and there is someone shooting a Mob with almost the same damage, but most of the times you find yours...

It was same proteron, but there is diference in regen speed while there is anyone within agro range of a mob. Normally it is easy to revive kiling prots regularly as long as u are alone. When someone enter mob agro range again regens speeds up significally. That particular prot probably regen to more than 50 % while u were at revive, and it needed just 15-20 seconds to do so.

It was definately lag + regen.
Used to happen to me all the time when I played due to my less-than-game-friendly connection.
While you're dead + lagging (yet to respawn) the mob regens as if you were standing in front of it.

It was definately lag + regen.
Used to happen to me all the time when I played due to my less-than-game-friendly connection.
While you're dead + lagging (yet to respawn) the mob regens as if you were standing in front of it.
After reviewing the situation, that is the most likely scenario, this kind of things didn't happen previously when i played, well, sure there was lag, but mobs never regened THAT fast during the lag times.
But after playing more, and having even more of these lag things, it's apparent that i might had been shooting the mob for some time, and the server didn't register the damage during really bad lags.
So, even though my recovery back to the mob seemed fast, it infact never might have taken all the damage while i was shooting.

Just btw. didn't they mention a lot of inner doings to make everything smoother etc... ?
I'm not sure they've done a great job there yet.

Back