Global Auction NOW!

EU needs a Global Auction?

• Yes! It's time to change the system.

Votes: 50 55.6%
  • No, let it be! The changes would hurt the system even more.

Votes: 40 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thread needs a bump.

+1 FOR GLOBAL AUCTION
giving life and fairness to all planets!

(Technically wouldn't that be a universal auction..:wise:)

Barely less stupid than food and drinks.

This would destroy pirating, space, and all flight services.

Gz you destroyed an important part of the game.

I do not see other planet aucs as an issue. I just fly to caly, buy/sell, and fly to the planet.

Barely less stupid than food and drinks.

This would destroy pirating, space, and all flight services.

Gz you destroyed an important part of the game.

I do not see other planet aucs as an issue. I just fly to caly, buy/sell, and fly to the planet.

I'd prefer multiple active planets over multiple active pirates any day.

Bah, I dislike piracy like everyone else but mothership transport is a business like owning a shop, land area etc. Big investment with possible way to make revenue.

Keep space all PVP lootable as it is, you want to transport goods pay the low prices motherships charge on their schedule to get it between planets safely else risk being looted.

Edit: btw you realize you can corner markets on planet specific item trades and moving materials, global auctions would destroy that and make markups on mats/items even worse. Do not make Universe wide auctions without great cost to make personal transport worth doing.

Small example is making simple welding wire requires altnerative rock from Rocktropia, and Ospra from Arkadia and Lyst from about anywhere and sweat from anywhere, the trick is getting ospra and alt to the right spots, ospra on rt is about 10-20% higher then on ark. because it has to be transported plus a bit of a margin for profit and vise versa. so mat prices are escalated between planets. That is the way it should be if global all the markup would deteriorate to nothing especially if you can grab from anywhere.

If you were thinking bidding only I can see your point you should be able to bid from anywhere but you have to pickup and transport yourself.

Last edited:
Greets.

I had posted a similar thread HERE a while back - and it got a lot of support by the community.

But does Mindark listen? :confused::confused::confused:

I agree with this :) this one should get the award ;)

Universal bidding, sure. But definitely no to auto transportation of goods. Destroying profession and population for a mild convince of others is both selfish and short sighted.

From what I can gather the suggestion of shards would solve the issue of interplanetary auctions, boost the smaller planets economies, and also allow space to become the system it was intended to be.

Also is there a reason why the poll is closed? Was it a time thing or something more biased?

Yes bid from anywhere. But no to automagical transport of won auctions to your current planet.

Had a dream once where i could buy every item i wanted on auction on every planet with a transport fee, then i woke up.

(true story)

Voting no on global auctions reminds me a bit like arkadia ' decision to remove mu limited armor and hermans from the loot pool. It was to give crafters more profitability... except that only a few get these prints and then only a few can make them. Same situation with motherships... the difference being the substantial investment.

Just add an extra fee to the global auctions and add a 50ped teleporter fee across planets and be done with it. Motherships can stand to have a bit of price war with the warp costs with mu being 7 to 10ped.

Voting no on global auctions reminds me a bit like arkadia ' decision to remove mu limited armor and hermans from the loot pool. It was to give crafters more profitability... except that only a few get these prints and then only a few can make them. Same situation with motherships... the difference being the substantial investment.

Just add an extra fee to the global auctions and add a 50ped teleporter fee across planets and be done with it. Motherships can stand to have a bit of price war with the warp costs with mu being 7 to 10ped.

They wont be done with it.

People will whine that the fee is too high, and then youll see a thread that says "Free Global Auctions NOW!"

Oh, and they'll whine about the teleporters too.

It will never end.

IMHO, MA is done with it. Right now. There will be no global auction. So sorry. Have a nice day. Thank you, come again.

It doesn't help the people it's supposed to help to do it that way. The players in the starting pit or those that have a small budget is the ones suffering here. The ones that actually move stackables trough space in quantiy doesn't give a shit if they pay a 30ped fee (VIP warp) to go back and sell their stuff. So much for separating the economies ^^

Yes bid from anywhere. But no to automagical transport of won auctions to your current planet.

I can agree with that. I think the universal bidding is the missing ingredient. Auto-teleportation of items seems unnecessary. The objective imo is to put some balance in all of the planets. The game is called "Entropia Universe," not "Planet Calypso."

I think the main reason people go to Caly is to get the highest mu on their stuff.. why not allow all planets to play the auction game?

I think the main reason people go to Caly is to get the highest mu on their stuff.. why not allow all planets to play the auction game?

the main reason why people return with loot to caly is because it doesn't sell in other planets.
tho when it sells, it usually takes a couple of days.

I can agree with that. I think the universal bidding is the missing ingredient. Auto-teleportation of items seems unnecessary. The objective imo is to put some balance in all of the planets. The game is called "Entropia Universe," not "Planet Calypso."

Well said!

/signed

I voted no as the unintended consequences are just too vast to consider risking.

I voted no as the unintended consequences are just too vast to consider risking.
I fail to see how having several dead planets is a worse alternative than a scenario where motherships are devalued. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure planets are a bigger investment than motherships.

Global auctions would make Calypso one very empty planet..

Global auctions would mean almost no space traveling.

Global auctions are good for resellers and traders (as no need to go anywhere to get that darn cheap auction mistake etc).

If global auctions would be introduced, then let it be at 10 times the auction fee (5ped minimum 1000ped maximum). Only that way Mindark would win and there would still be some interplanet travelling.

If you introduce global auctions, then whats the point of space at all? Maybe move all planets to one big super planet? :D

i say no to global auctions (unless 10 times the auction fee)

IMO global auctions would not make Caly empty nor would it kill space travel, i'd be more likely to travel in space planet to planet if i knew i could free up my peds by auctioning stuff that will get sold. I'd stay longer on each planet yeah but i'd always return to Caly!

Hard to believe this debate is still going on. It's about 3 years too late, and we've seen good results from the separation of markets. Join the #Space_Travel chat channel, get a warp and be thankful you can view other planets auctions without having to travel there.

Universal bidding and no transfer to current location... sounds to me only a gain when bidding on "high end" unl gear (weapons, armors, amps etc).

Back