Capture the flag, would it fit?

dcampelo

Provider
Danandre MrFixit Alexiel
Most games, even RPG oriented, provide several types of game modes. Some implemented a capture the flag, defend the fort, DoTA (even before games of that single type come out), domination, etc...

Was wondering, would something similar to to these game modes fit in EU? How? :scratch2:

We have landgrab

Before you post a question: Did I do my research or do I want someone to hand me an answer on a silver platter? If research you will be an asset otherwise staying ignorant is always an option :wise:

Do a quick forum search for "Fort events" (those are near Tukar btw) and "land grab" :) should answer your question rather fast.

We have landgrab

Do a quick forum search for "Fort events" (those are near Tukar btw) and "land grab" :) should answer your question rather fast.

Thanks will take a better look on those. Though aren't land grab quite restricted to UBERS? As in, there's no chance on PvP for newcomers?

Before you post a question: Did I do my research or do I want someone to hand me an answer on a silver platter? If research you will be an asset otherwise staying ignorant is always an option :wise:

To answer politely, yes I'm an eternal ignorant, I do seek knowledge whenever I can and am able, but will never cease from being one. Sad quite sad IMO.
PS: my sig now has a mascote

Thanks will take a better look on those. Though aren't land grab quite restricted to UBERS? As in, there's no chance on PvP for newcomers?
big armored/weapon/faps/hp people yes, doesnt mean there is no place for newbies to play decoy or enjoy the occasional healing though. Everyone can have a look or participate in one way or the other. But yes you would be more at the sidelines

Pvp in EU has always been a rich man's game.

PS: my sig now has a mascote

w00t I made someone's quote :woohoo:

Funny how you cant see the irony between the question you asked and your own (original) signature, even funnier is your "punishment" of someone that points this out.

Anyways,. thanks for making my day :)

Last edited:
Most games, even RPG oriented, provide several types of game modes. Some implemented a capture the flag, defend the fort, DoTA (even before games of that single type come out), domination, etc...

Was wondering, would something similar to to these game modes fit in EU? How? :scratch2:

a better question to ask would be, why is it that slowly over time the popular activities surrounding PvP in entropia have come to a near halt, and what series, or catalogue (depending on the mood one is in) of changes, decisions, unfixed bugs, and blunt workarounds did MA implement to achieve this clever feat? or maybe i am giving away part of the secret of this feat and revealing my bias by implying that it was MA's choices that led us to this sorry state, it could after all be the fault of some posters on the forum who's criticism of PvP caused it to be in such a sorry state, or any number of other reasons.

I actually Asked them to implement this in the FOrT Event Spot on calypso
as a Event to do i think it would be fun
and it also has the option of 10% decay and well that's AWESOME

so the costs instead of being 100ped for a hour it's 10ped

once upon a time we had tanks to support assault i remember that epic pic of battle there was in the launcher during this time. Last i checked calypso team disabled vehicles from pvp instead of fixing geometry/texture/whatever. They should focus on fixing what they do and finish what they start before implementing something.
It's incredible the amount of thing they did but broke. Pvp , Taming, Avatar (400% performance boost lol/ textures no comment), new servers 2013 ( stunning amount of lag since then..). They should finish the social interface ( harmonising new UI, shortcut instead of irc command, sort auction item by name, society terminal overview, crouching, laying, sitting + new stands (it tooks 2 min for their animator to rip the free BVH gangnam style anim according to kim, so we should have many animations ready by now). They should not make broken promises (reducing tiering cost,...). MA sold way too much part of their game we have reach a critcal point where there is more investor than player only. CTF will be played by gamers i agree and am all for it, but they should finish what they start, players don't stay if it isn't polished and while they say to others their experience, they all turn back. Even for somene who likes the game it's impossible to introduce game to their friend without being took as a retard for playing this in its current state.

Back