FYI: Project Nostalgia

Society
Freelancer
CptKARA - Starbuck- THRACE
Hey fellow Entropians,

Finally it is online: Project Nostalgia. A little page which tries to keep alive some memories of Project Entropia, the Entropia Universe before 2009. It is a little pet project of mine, so updates will follow as they come along. Of course, all contributions, suggestions, criticism and comments are very welcome. It is, after all, just a first attempt! Thank you very much in advance, and

Good Hunting

-Starbuck-

The front page of "Project Nostalgia" reads:

For some free spirits, one world is not enough! And when back in 2003 a new universe was created, many could not resist to conquer it, to help shaping it, or to simply enjoy it. A project as bold as that the Gods of Ancient times took on when creating the universe we live in. Entropia Universe was born, in a bright flash of light, and provided in the years which followed a unique platform on which ideas, visions, hopes - life itself - could grow and prosper.

This page is dedicated to the memory of this Universe, the only true one, which provided an otherworldly home for many of us over the years. It is dedicated to the concept and vision of a second reality in which freedom and creativity reigns, dedicated to an idea which might - once again - shape the reality in which we live.

Unfortunately, only bits and pieces survived the bitter times which we are living in right now. If anyone is in possession of such a piece, and willing to share it with those who lived alongside on a small planet in the far reaches of another universe, this is the place. A simple contact will suffice, and together we will keep alive the memories of a truly fantastic idea, the idea of Project Entropia!

awesome! had to smile on each and every page, very well done.

Here are some more lol

Item art

notes

fun with mobs

mass globals

fry flights (still have to find those from our SR airways lol that was soo funny)

here are some of ST Airways *rofl* that was an awesome way to get a free flight.

hard return to ground (lol. just kidding)

there was once a bug in one tp and you could take a nice flight over jason center - that was awesome too, maybe someone got pics of it?

looking through sights

ghost troopers

some magic

Last edited:
awesome! had to smile on each and every page, very well done.

Thanks a big bunch for all those images. They are now all online on PN.

Hehehe, and thanks for the flowers! It's a very basic site, but might develop further! For sure, I had so much fun seeing all those images ... gosh, I wonder what changed! But then, I believe if we keep those memories alive, not all is lost! Future will show ...

Anyway, thanks a lot, again!!! And there is room for more ;)

-Starbuck-

Just noticed I have a lot more of those old imgs lying around..
May be a bit too much, but Ill upload them to same gallery so you can do the sorting for me ;p

Just noticed I have a lot more of those old imgs lying around..
May be a bit too much, but Ill upload them to same gallery so you can do the sorting for me ;p

Hey Osten,

Thanks for that. I will now start to upload your pics to PN, and check back on the link you gave for more ;-)
Awesome!!! Thanks a big bunch there ;-)

-Starbuck-

Awesome i have some pics aswell, on laptop right now but will check my computer this weekend.

Hey Bee,

Great, indeed! Thanks so much for those, really appreciate!!! I will put them on PN this morning! ;-)

-Starbuck-

Heya!

There was a thread a while back that I posted in, but I took screenshots around most of the TPs back before the CryEngine2 implementation. The link is (obviously remove the spaces):

s1334.p h o t o b u c k e t . c o m /user/Dragon_Raketh/library/

I sorted them in albums for each teleporter. Anyone can take / save / use the pictures however they please. They're there for the community. :)

Heya!

There was a thread a while back that I posted in, but I took screenshots around most of the TPs back before the CryEngine2 implementation. The link is (obviously remove the spaces):

s1334.p h o t o b u c k e t . c o m /user/Dragon_Raketh/library/

I sorted them in albums for each teleporter. Anyone can take / save / use the pictures however they please. They're there for the community. :)

Hey Arokh,

WOWOWOWOW!!! Gosh, that is so great! I mean, thanks a big bunch! ;-) Awesome! I'll upload them tomorrow to PN ... or at least start with it. An incredible collection there. Finally I get to see all those places I never did, some 5 years ago LOL

Yeah, thanks!!! Again, awesome! :rolleyes:

-Starbuck-

Here is a selection of pics mainly from Project Entropia
Use them the way you want, np

Ak.

Geography

PA Wildlife Exhibition

Aquarius Society

Miss these days

I used to play about 5 years ago back when only CND and CP were around. Really wish I still had some of my old global screen shots and some of the other miscellaneous ones I took around Eudoria and Amethera.

I wonder if you can still access some of the old archived photos from the old entropiafourm.com ... Might be worth asking 711 about since he was the admin.

I got to look through my old drive, I did took bunch of pictures for a little gallery/show "Street Lights of Hadeshim" few months before it got demolished. Never got around organizing them. Which year was that?

Hey Akbar,

Thanks a great bunch to you as well! Of course I saw your "Akbar's Travels" thread in the Forum, and meant to contact you for asking if you have some imagery for PN ... but time is a biatch, and I have a backlog of images people sent to me. Anyway, thanks so very much! Hopefully, together we can bring some of the old spirit back to EU!

-Starbuck-

I used to play about 5 years ago back when only CND and CP were around. Really wish I still had some of my old global screen shots and some of the other miscellaneous ones I took around Eudoria and Amethera.

I wonder if you can still access some of the old archived photos from the old entropiafourm.com ... Might be worth asking 711 about since he was the admin.

Hey there! Thanks for caring. Well, at least you took some screenshots back then. I mean, stupid me, I never did take any. Imagine! I thought that PE will live on forever, so I said to myself "Hey, no hurry, I can capture all of this on images once I killed that Ambu, and this one, and this one, and so on, and so forth". LOL

-Starbuck-

I got to look through my old drive, I did took bunch of pictures for a little gallery/show "Street Lights of Hadeshim" few months before it got demolished. Never got around organizing them. Which year was that?

Hey fresco, "Stret Lights of Hadesheim"? Wow, sounds interesting, indeed. If you find them, I would be honored to put them on PN, indeed. Hehehe, and no, I am not from Russia - not sure if you ask that in the rep comment (I don't know where to find them in my profile to check, actually LOL

-Starbuck-

Hey Akbar,

Thanks a great bunch to you as well! Of course I saw your "Akbar's Travels" thread in the Forum, and meant to contact you for asking if you have some imagery for PN ... but time is a biatch, and I have a backlog of images people sent to me. Anyway, thanks so very much! Hopefully, together we can bring some of the old spirit back to EU!

-Starbuck-

Thank you :)

Btw, I have been checking 1/5 see 1/10 of my archives during all night.
I can not believe it did SO MANY screenshots...
(Yes I know Ogi & Fronske, I should get some sleep sometimes)
"you'll sleep when you're dead" - Alien 4

I'm preparing several new Ak's Travels, dealing with Project Entropia, and pre-VU 10 Entropia Universe.

Stay tuned !

just went through every picture again, so awesome :yay:

Thanks guys ;-)

Hey there, yeah, thanks so much for all your contributions, and the +reps. I am feeling a bit ashamed here, because it is all your work on PN. Back in the days, I was pretty lazy doing some decent screenshots ... and, ohhh jeeez, after several HD crashes in the past years, I must have lost all of them.

So, the big thanks and +rep goes all to you! ;)

I have quite some backlog to work on, so please be patient. All will be shown, I promise! :)

-Starbuck-

Hey fresco, "Stret Lights of Hadesheim"? Wow, sounds interesting, indeed. If you find them, I would be honored to put them on PN, indeed. Hehehe, and no, I am not from Russia - not sure if you ask that in the rep comment (I don't know where to find them in my profile to check, actually LOL

-Starbuck-

that was a joke - nostalgia is primarily a Russian thing as far as the literature goes

that was a joke - nostalgia is primarily a Russian thing as far as the literature goes

Hehehe, I see. Well, I learned Russian in school ... so maybe that's where it comes from. And yes, I like the Russian culture as well. So, here we go ;-)

Also: NP update will be on Wednesday (I am pretty tied up right now with RL work ;-( ... Wednesday is my day-off, and dedicated to virtual life ;-))

-Starbuck-

Great site! Much appreciated.

Check my profile gallery for some landscapes scenery.

I also have a PDF copy of Unionova's complete history of PE if you would like it. PM me if interested.

Keep up great work.

Very nice Starbuck :) Lovely stories and pictures

Very nice Starbuck :) Lovely stories and pictures

Hehehe, thanks there, Rock. I thought it's about time to make a contribution to the PE/EU community! :D

Update

A small update of Project Nostalgia:

• Added some assorted images from around 2008. Huge thanks to Dean for contributing these!
  • Added some assorted images from early times, taken by Akbar. Big thanks go to Akbar for contributing these great shots!
  • Added some images from 2006, taken by Olga Kalest Tsimbulis. Big thanks go to Olga for sending these old screenshots over!
Enjoy ... and more to come soon :D

-Starbuck-

Pe 2004-2005

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

Hey Venom,

Thanks a big bunch there! Just, I get the message "Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator". Otherwise, I'll be very happy to upload some 2004 images to PN. I really appreciate. Seems PN's galleries fill up with all of your contributions. That's just awesome ;-)

-Starbuck-

Back