FOMA Amped or Unamped?

Azer501st

Mature
Hi I've been grinding FOMA a lot lately I'm in the top 10 mining onbentropia life but can't figure out whether its better to go amped more or start doing it unamped. I truly believe if you're gonna get a ATH your amp means nothing to the size, but is it possible to find decent size claims without an amp? Like my biggest un amped was a 800ped igni. Biggest with amp was 24k with a level 5. I wonder though would that have been like 5k without amp as I'm sure MA wouldn't risk a 200k ATH being increased if it is found with a 13amp. Would be huuuuge, what are your thoughts?

Amps on FOMA require you to have deep pockets for turnover.

Hi I've been grinding FOMA a lot lately I'm in the top 10 mining onbentropia life but can't figure out whether its better to go amped more or start doing it unamped. I truly believe if you're gonna get a ATH your amp means nothing to the size, but is it possible to find decent size claims without an amp? Like my biggest un amped was a 800ped igni. Biggest with amp was 24k with a level 5. I wonder though would that have been like 5k without amp as I'm sure MA wouldn't risk a 200k ATH being increased if it is found with a 13amp. Would be huuuuge, what are your thoughts?

you ask amped or unamped? i suuggest ask :- foma or no foma :)

In current mining system, you can expect a good chance of a 1000x probe cost multiplier unamped if you drop enough probes. This would be a 1000 ped ore and a 500 ped enmatter once in maybe ~50k drops. If we assume indoor mining logic has the same loot distribution (big assumption) you could get up to 6k-ish unamped. With an amp obviously that will be more but it will most likely cost you a LOT if you're hunting for an ATH.

1. Amp doesn't "amplify" your hit, or change "multiplier" - it's just adds decay TT-wise, which is resulting in increased price per drop. Bigger price per drop giving you bigger YELD, where future hit can possible fit in.

2. Maximum possible hit planetary unamped is ~14k, and indoor (FOMA and such) is ~78k, unamped.

3. Since jan 2013 changes such high hits is very rare.

Answering about your "huuuuge" question:

I did bolded some parts. For now I would recommend you to GTFO from FOMA. Or what you will get guaranteed - it's huuuuuge fuckup. (that advice ignored in 99% cases, so thank you in advance)

2. Maximum possible hit planetary unamped is ~14k, and indoor (FOMA and such) is ~78k, unamped.

Not refuting this at all, but how do you know this? Who/When/Where were these hit/hit by?

Not refuting this at all, but how do you know this? Who/When/Where were these hit/hit by?

entropiahof.jpg

I know Felix Xfar Reyes hit a 4,812 PED Ganganite in Dome 17(Big Dasps) on May 6th UNAMPED.

As far as amped/unamped FOMA, I agree with Eve, definitely not amps but probably not at all. Most high MU ore are hard to facilitate unlike some areas planet side. In the end with FOMA tax + MA's tax(+amp MU if amped), the MU isn't high enough to compensate for long grinding, unless you get lucky and know when to quit :smoke:

My only tower was in Foma, unamped, (1st probe after a dead amp, of which I spend about 15k usd mining usually using amps). I know of a few who hit very big unamped, one even higher than 50k, granted this was awhile ago, but it was an unamped ATH.

Hey eve what about mining Arkadia Underground unamped??? Wouldn't that be bit better than foma?

Hey eve what about mining Arkadia Underground unamped??? Wouldn't that be bit better than foma?

been there done that...with not good results

Definitely unampped. I've been mining foma on and off the past 2 months almost always amped. Last week my amp died after a small claim for iron as I walk up to it and hit my auto tool button before realizing I still have my finder equipped and low and behold right behind me is hof for 200+ iron. What's really puzzling is they were both in my average range so why did it pick up the small find first?

It doesn't matter, amped or not amped. It's matter just about average markup of resources which you getting.

Underground currently is junkyard, since most ark resources (and not only ark ones) are TT-food.

FOMA at least closest to main (and only one) trading hub Calypso, and FOMA still contains resources which is still used by crafters.

Ark is good by Treasures, and not because Treasures are good (they 99% crap, yes, surprise) - because you can tripple drop here, thus doing more turnover.

Right question is ... Whit vaseline or no ? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Definitely unampped. I've been mining foma on and off the past 2 months almost always amped. Last week my amp died after a small claim for iron as I walk up to it and hit my auto tool button before realizing I still have my finder equipped and low and behold right behind me is hof for 200+ iron. What's really puzzling is they were both in my average range so why did it pick up the small find first?

Did you mean depth instead of average range? If you have multiple claims within your finder's range (e.g. 55m radius), then the closest claim is awarded first, and you need to do a second drop to get the one slightly further out. Size or depth matters not in determining which claim you get first.

Did you mean depth instead of average range? If you have multiple claims within your finder's range (e.g. 55m radius), then the closest claim is awarded first, and you need to do a second drop to get the one slightly further out. Size or depth matters not in determining which claim you get first.

That's just the thing though, the first claim amped was further away than the second claim. I think it didn't give me the second claim first (which was closer and a HOF) was because I was amped.

That's just the thing though, the first claim amped was further away than the second claim. I think it didn't give me the second claim first (which was closer and a HOF) was because I was amped.

If I am understanding the situation, it probably didn't have anything to do with the amp... you found a closer claim on a second drop because the claim spawned fresh between your first drop and your second. The more time that passes between the two drops, the more likely it would be that a claim would spawn in your drop radius. Or the system is just horribly stingy and didn't want to give you the amped big claim :) It's not the first time I've heard of that happening with amps.

Hearing things like this makes me wonder sometimes, because I've encountered things like this before. Like the guy above said it could be the .0000000001% chance that you just so happen to drop another probe as a ''hit point'' respawned at your coordinates within a 22m range, but honestly you'd have a better chance at getting hit by lightening.

Either you're BSing us or, if this really did happen, it would help confirm what I've thought for a while now; that there is some sort of cap on certain resources. I've noticed my hit rate on FOMA and FOMA-based areas being a bit higher without an amp and I tend to do better TT-wise in the long run. If I hit a few claims unamped, then switch to an amp, my hit rate suffers significantly. This has happened on more then 1 occasion over the past decade. :wise:

The only reason why I even remember it, was cause I got a hof out of it 337ped iron. The exact details were that before it found the first claim my amp died and my finder just hung at searching so I took the amp off and then figured it found nothing and was about to continue running the line I was on when the claim popped in front of me. I got to the claim and hit use auto tool thinking my extractor was equipped and sent more probes out. That's when I got the swirley hof thing and the 2nd claim popped into existence directly behind me.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffs

Last edited:
What about squall and other from this soc ? Why mindark give them finders whit 55 range and low deph whit 65 level required . What is chance for you to hit one tower and what is chance for Squall to hit 5 towers in 2-3 hours.

Why the fuck we all have to pay every 4 weeks squalls towers ?

Dont tell me now he spend alot peds since he cover one amp whit only 2-300 peds hofs and other fuckin towers and uber hofs are pure profit for him. Dont believe in this rich ases for that they looose 30k for one night .

We want skills in mining to do sometin and now we have this skilled group players whit this fuckin monopol finders and let em tower all night long ????????????????????????????

Gratz on your wining squall keep it up before this shitheads see thats not fair and remove this fuckin monopol finders!

No other opinion here just people are stupid and think he loose alot to make that ... and thats totaly bulshit

55.2 range gz

IS THIS IS NEW FUTURE OF MINING ?

And its not only on foma i talk for a global since this finders can provide you a 30 drops or more only for ore whit 100% hit rate !!!

I absolutely agree! MA should check whole that lame soc - they all are cheaters! PLUS REP!

You see cheating i see bad programing from mindark and people who can aford doing it .. Since we not all have 70 level miner and few k peds to runing this bad moove from ma :laugh:

Have fun on suck it all :D

also dont jelly to squal .. he just more smart and rich than you :D

Looking forward for next squal raping Gz in advance :)

Last edited:
Back