New message system bug with shop sales

Society
The Knights of Entropia
Peanut DeadlyPeanut Hall
Has anyone shop owner noticed a bug in the new message system when it notifies you of a sale in an owned estate, or the lack there of any notification ?

It really seems like a crap shoot if I get a message or not now. Yesterday I was notified of 3 sales IE Time/What was sold/Buyer and amount , today 2 sales just showed in the ped flow center. no notification at all.

This makes it damn near impossible to keep an accurate sales log as I like to do and I assume many shop owners like to have. Ive had to enter "Unknown Item" Into my sales log 5 times in the last week for the first time ever. I am able to sometimes identify what was sold even without the notification but semi-unique items and lowish frequency sellers its hard to pin point and this is an unnecessary hassle. They new message system was working it seems like just the last week or so ive been having problems.

As you can tell... Yes I do have a bit of an OCD issue when it comes to my sales log, but im at least attempting to run a business and mystery sales make logging things difficult and I doubt im alone when it comes to accurately logging sales.

To clarify.. I still do get the PED from the sale with no issue, thats not the problem, Its the notification of what was sold and when and why it is absent.. sometimes, If I had to guess it seems like sales when im offline do not post a notification, when im online sales notify me like they have always done. Thats a rough guess im still trying to figure out why some notifications work and some are just absent.

Has anyone else noticed this ? I dont really keep up with the games change logs so im not sure if there was a change or if this is even an intended change to the system. Im just afraid that this is one of those issues that affect such a small amount of the player base it will just go un-addressed indefinitely.. Thats a real issue for me but for 99.5% of players its not.

This has been happening since the new interface was implemented. The only way to know what has sold is to visually inspect your shop. Makes shop management a lot more effort than it should be.

Looks a bit random, because I have not seen any problem with it. At the same time, I don't keep that close track on my sells so it's possible I also have had some sells messages missing, but nothing obviously.

Looks a bit random, because I have not seen any problem with it. At the same time, I don't keep that close track on my sells so it's possible I also have had some sells messages missing, but nothing obviously.

So here is what is consistently happening for me.

If I am logged in when a sale occurs I will get something in the message centre. If I am logged out, then the next time I log in I will see any sales in my ped flow centre (so I know something sold for x ped from a specific shop) but there is no corresponding entry in the message centre (so I don't know what the item was that sold, nor who bought it). I have to deduce the extra information from my shop inventory records or (as often happens cos there are several different items with the same sales price) go to the shop and check shelves to see what is missing.

It's not random at all and it's a huge pain in the arse as I try to keep my stock levels constant so I need to know what has sold.

has been happening to me since new message center. I only get notifications if the sale happens while im online. If im offline I only get the ped in ped flow center with no notification.

It's not random at all and it's a huge pain in the arse as I try to keep my stock levels constant so I need to know what has sold.

Well it looks a bit random because I get messages of sells when I logging in to the game, so it's not a problem about not getting any messages from sells occurring when we are offline, because I get them, not sure if I get all the messages but I have not missed anyone that I know about. So If you don't get them, but I do get messages, it's feels a bit random. Maybe a problem that occurs with a bigger amount of daily trades, as I guess you have.

I'm so terribly sorry that you don't understand the meaning of random.

(Happens to me) and (doesn't happen to you) <> random.

But at the end of the day there's a significant problem with the message centre. I'm happy for you that it isn't affecting you.

I'm so terribly sorry that you don't understand the meaning of random.

(Happens to me) and (doesn't happen to you) <> random.

But at the end of the day there's a significant problem with the message centre. I'm happy for you that it isn't affecting you.

Well it is a bit random, because otherwise it would effect everyone? :silly2:
Okey, the problem itself is probably not purely random, but cause by some special factors. I used the word random in a more general meaning.

Ive noticed it with auctions too now that I think of it being out bid sometimes dosent give me a message.

Seems like its a problem with the entire message system which is good.... in a way... at least there more inclined to fix it then let it go unnoticed... assuming they fix it soon, playing guess what sold looking at the shelves is very annoying :)

Ive noticed it with auctions too now that I think of it being out bid sometimes dosent give me a message.

Seems like its a problem with the entire message system which is good.... in a way... at least there more inclined to fix it then let it go unnoticed... assuming they fix it soon, playing guess what sold looking at the shelves is very annoying :)

The system have some bugs, hopefuly they will fix it and improve it. The problems I have is that the "new message" icon don't work as it should, it don't indicate correctly when a new message have arrived. I would like if they added the option to have a on screen "splash" of the message. Like when you get out bid you get the message both in the message center and a splash version of the message directly on the screen similar to when you take damage.

Nothing since the very first day, I got a total of 3 sales that came through and then nothing.

Friends requests are also broken completely, confirmed by a couple people now. Both parties requested, and now cannot any more.

I now have 500 some auction alerts that I just really don't want to click away for 5 minutes. But no shop sales info at all. The only indicator is the ped value for the shop. And that doesn't even tell me what sold.

I have been wondering how long before all these accounts start stockpiling way to many alerts, seems if some of the auction messages arent getting through,that the message capacity could be an issue.

Not sure what the rules are about resurrecting my own post but.... ITS STILL BROKEN

It seems auction outbid updates work ( Some of the time ), shop sales still very broken

Its been almost 3 months and this problem existed a good 1 and a half months before I posted the first comment. I think my original prediction is right they just threw this bug on the back burner to make their pokemon battle arena.

Its very difficult to accurately run a shop with this bug. The only 2 solutions I can think of is taking before and after screen shots of every inch of the shop or continuously log every time I change the price on something. While the later option people probably do its alot of extra work and in my opinion and seems unneeded. The only alert you get on an item sale now is.. nothing, you just get an update in the pedflow center with an amount. What tells me its defiantly a broken system is if your online at the time of the sale you get all the information you used to get before this new message system... its just offline sales, the system is there but its broken... for almost 5 months.

Sending bug reports is just getting me the same cookie cutter response back. Except this last time they told me to re write my bug report in a neutral non-threatening manner :p, im just getting fed up with em.

Yep still broken and really annoying. Up to now I have been visually inspecting my shops to work out which item a sale relates to. Wastes lots of time but I am now trying a workaround that I thought I would share.

Basically if every item type has a unique price then I can identify the item that is sold by the price. Eg.
GunModelA and GunModelB I would normally sell at 100 peds. GunModelA I now set price at 100.01 peds.
Now if there is a sale while I am offline, then
Sale value = 100 peds => GunModelB
Sale value = 100.01 peds => GunModelA

I already keep a spreadsheet which contains all my current shop inventory and prices so with the above info I can now avoid the sight checks.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

oh that isnt a bad solution actually.. its backwards and id much rather have the real system but for a temporary ( for the love god it better be temporary ) solution it works, ill start doin that myself.

Right now if basically conceded to the fact that my sales log is just done in # of items every time I enter stuff IE "Lot of 6 Items" then a total amount, it sucks, it drives my OCD crazy :p but its fast and easy :/ at least I still have total amount of sales still logged.

To me it seems like such an easy thing to fix, but I dont know how they coded there game but if they coded there game so horribly that it takes months to fix this problem then thats a problem. Or there just so lazy and really dont care... also a problem.

I like to have confidence in an company that I have real assets tied up in... something ive been questioning lately. There is clearly alot more to it then a broken message system, though it dosent help, but thats an issue for another thread I will probably never make :p

Agree that it shouldnt take this long to address the issue. But sometimes you just have to look at what you can achieve with low effort workarounds so that business can continue as usual. For me I am hoping this new approach will be less trouble for me than my previous workaround.

Because not everyone it's effected maybe it's a harder problem to track down, sounds like it mostly are effecting those with a lot of trades. I have low volume on my trades and I have not seen any problems. My guess is still some kind of overflow of messages or something similar.

Because not everyone it's effected maybe it's a harder problem to track down, sounds like it mostly are effecting those with a lot of trades. I have low volume on my trades and I have not seen any problems. My guess is still some kind of overflow of messages or something similar.

It can be as low as one sale in a day. If I'm offline at the time the only way I know is from the ped flow centre. But all offline auction activity seems to be successfully notified. I don't sell much in auction but I buy a lot of resources that way.

It can be as low as one sale in a day. If I'm offline at the time the only way I know is from the ped flow centre. But all offline auction activity seems to be successfully notified. I don't sell much in auction but I buy a lot of resources that way.

Okey, I have never had problems with offline messages from shops sells, but I have low volume from those so I thought that could be one explanation to why I have never seen any problem. But I'm also are not logging in everyday, if that could have something to do with it.

EDIT: Okey now I got my first missing messages, so forget what I have sad :silly2:

When you are missing messages, do you still have messages on "page 2" on the tabs? was wondering if it some problem with messages only showing up on the first page. It look to be it was the oldest trades that did not showed up.

Last edited:
I get no notification of shop sales while offline. I do get them if I am logged in at the time of the sale. Anyway its pointless for you speculate as to the cause. Only MA can fix it and clearly it's not a priority for them.

I get no notification of shop sales while offline. I do get them if I am logged in at the time of the sale. Anyway its pointless for you speculate as to the cause. Only MA can fix it and clearly it's not a priority for them.

Well, I'm just curios of what is effecting it, because it a bit random, it not always a problem. It's will also may help solve the problem.

I got a shop sale message the other day. Just one out of hundreds missing. Hope MA fix it soon as managing shop stock is very hard.

This is getting ridiculous, not that it wasent ridiculous earlier, but holy crap wtf is wrong over at MA ?

Its a simple system you broke and it would be a simple system to fix... but WTF ?! Its been how long my first post was in May and that was a month after the problem started , I revived my post in July, and now im reviving it again.... in November

MA WTF are you doing ? What could possibly be more important then paying 1 guy for maybe 2 hours work at most to fix a system that previously worked perfectly and is basically essential to properly run a shop.

Back