Entropedia bug list

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
Let's consolidate a list of problems with entropedia that need to be fixed. Please note that these should be outright errors ("E"), limitations in existing modules ("L") or missing functionality ("F"). Please note that problems with the way data is displayed or accessed are separate than issues with storing or updating data, and should be marked "D" (display). Problems with outdated data are out of the scope here.

E Weapon chart skill-based calculations don't use new HA rules
L Mob regen should also accept a % with a tickbox for "regen mob" and automatically populate each maturity when enabled (see this post to see why this could be useful
F Multiple attack types not supported for mobs and related charts (eg armor advisor, etc)

Last edited:
Well to start with, the biggest outright error that I can think of is that the damn website wont even load and this happens almost every week lately.

That aside:

The weapon compare doesn't calculate enhancer markup.
The maps dont display TP locations
Missing items because the owner of the site wont fix things so we can get stuff updated

Ill probably think of more.

Thanks for this Doer.

1. unable to add items to the following tables:
- materials
- weapons
- planets
(note there may be other tables too, these are just the ones that immediately spring to mind)

2. Map API;
- unable to add or edit polygons for creature spawns.
- Witte said there were changes to the Google Map API late last year, which would require 'quite some work' to properly integrate into the site.

3. Mob HP:
- Currently calculated at 10*mob stamina. Mob stamina is only accepted in the table as an integer, based on scanned creature info. However, mob HP on newer planets has been shown to NOT be a multiple of 10 - so: mob stamina must be rounded (up/down/nearest?) in scanned creature info, but there is no way of recording that info other than as a note on creature page.

Last edited:
When I try to load Entropedia i get this:

F - Weapon DPP DPS calculations when there is Effect Over Time items and amps or mindforce implants with different deterioration %

E: Armour advisor needs to be updated to remove the effect of double-counted absorbtion (and presumably the armour v mob table uses the same calculation, but I don't usually use that tool).
F: Mindforce chip tables could do with a rewrite to account for implant decay arsorbtion.

L:
Item tables could use more operators to make searching for items within a certain range of characteristic easier. The current tables only allow for !=(not equal to) and ==(equal to) adding additional relational operators like < , >, <=, >=, &&, || etc would making browsing the tables easier.

Currently one can only add two fields of operators, would be nice to have more then that.

Best regards
Zweshi

Thanks for this Doer.

1. unable to add items to the following tables:
- materials
- weapons
- planets
(note there may be other tables too, these are just the ones that immediately spring to mind)

E "Field SIB_ has no default value" error when trying to add Fanoos FAP to healing tools chart

F: Consumable buff items should have their own tables, along with tables for the buff types (which should also link to non-consumable buff items).

E: Email password recovery doesn't seem to be working. Couple of hours already have passed since the reset was performed but still no email to perform the following steps.

Many old weapons cannot have changed minimal tt value (which was changed from 50% to 3%), when you edit it that field is simply grayed out.

hmmm strange I swear that when I clicked reply that thread was about bugs on Entropedia... did you just edited it?

Check your server settings. No matter what link I click on the front page, it tries to download me the corresponding .aspx file instead of opening it.

Check your server settings. No matter what link I click on the front page, it tries to download me the corresponding .aspx file instead of opening it.

How do you mean, Svarog? Looks normal to me :scratch2:
What links are you cliking specifically?

How do you mean, Svarog? Looks normal to me :scratch2:
What links are you cliking specifically?

All links - armors, weapons, creatures, gallery, etc. What I posted above was from Firefox, from other browsers (Chrome, Safari) in just opens blank pages. Tried from 2 different PCs and a mac.

Ok, if works for you then probably something on my side, though this kind of error is usually server-side.

EDIT: asked on #rookie, others experience the same (blank pages)

Last edited:
All links - armors, weapons, creatures, gallery, etc. What I posted above was from Firefox, from other browsers (Chrome, Safari) in just opens blank pages. Tried from 2 different PCs and a mac.

Ok, if works for you then probably something on my side, though this kind of error is usually server-side.

Nope, I'm getting blank pages from the menu links now. Some of the other front page links in the body of the page are fine though - Weapon Compare, Bugs page etc.

I've just dropped a note to Siniko to let him know.

Hi,

Just wanted to let people know that i am currently working on the issue on Entropedia.

Not much info at the moment but will keep you updated.

Alright Entropedia is back up.

E (minor): sandbox is gone or broken, and on the front page you see this:
Before you make any changes, read the help page and try the (Invalid chart).

Adding a mission does not work - you get redirected to an empty page when you click "add item" on the missions page.

Also can't add mining finders, I get an error saying :

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Range=55 WHERE ID=142' at line 1

And then it adds it with no params filled. Hello, anybody heard of transactions?

But I guess I can work with this...

huh.

RANGE is an SQL reserved word, it can't* used as a column name. I wonder why this popped up just now. :scratch2:

Ah, I see. It wasn't reserved in MySQL 5.0 and became one at some later point. Good news here is that server software is being updated. :)

* well, technically it can be used with some precautions (always quoted/qualified) but better avoided.

Last edited:
Back