Entropia Universe 14.7 Release Notes

I told my brother to log in and check his. both our ships DOA. any other privateer owners have this problem?
guess no warping for me today :(

I think we should at least get a confirmation from Kim or "official mindark employee" that the 50% lower consumption rate on unlimited items has come into effect in this last VU. Since clearly Bertha didn't get the memo.:)

Did we got any info on the VU released in January 2013 that almost all the loot got a new cap 10x lower?

Still waiting for that info!

Registered events on all planets are gone. (includes the 260ped i spent)

La6 mutated beladoth names are broken.. no names. /wink

Registered events on all planets are gone. (includes the 260ped i spent)

This used to happen on a regular basis almost every time there was a VU or patch, and is one of the reasons I stopped promoting events.

If it's the same bug rearing its ugly head again, the event still exists and people will be able to register at the land marker (or terminal at the LA? I'm not sure how it works on Arkadia LAs), it's just not visible in the global event list.

If you're lucky it might reappear before Saturday. Send a support if you haven't already.

Progress Bar widget looks unfinished now. I preferred the old.

Last edited:
A lot of great updates here.

However, three big things stand out

1. Where are melee amps?
2. Where is the mention of reducing enhancer consumption for ul items by 50%?
3. Tiering changes.

Because of all the broken promises about melee amps and being jerked around for a year, there is no way that I'm going to simply trust that enhancer consumption has in fact been reduced by 50%.... Additionally, don't make us spend money to test whether or not you implemented a change that you said you would implement.

We need better communication.

Edit: VU notes updated on EU website.... Enhancer consumption reduction confirmed.

http://account.entropiauniverse.com/news/pages/2014/05/14/1483/index.xml

General

Fixes

• Team target marker is now removed when the tagged avatar dies.
  • Fixed lighting issues with the Nifty Pattern Pants (M,C) and (F,C)
  • An issue preventing some auction messages from being updated correctly has been fixed.
  • The Omegaton Stove A-3 (C) visual model has been improved.
  • Quest counters now display high values correctly.
  • Shower Cabin is no longer extremely bright with above high graphic settings.
  • It is now possible for a society leader to manage society owned land areas even if the leader does not hold any shares in these lands.
  • Spacecraft and estate deeds can now be pawned in banks.
  • Fixed issue when avatars and NPC:s would twitch when switching stance.

Changes/Additions

The consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items has been reduced by 50%.
Added an in-world HUD indicator for the nearest waypoint.

Players that are targeted by the Set Team Target action will now receive a notification.

• If a vehicle is targeted then all avatars in that vehicle will receive the notification.

Social

Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue where UIs would not register fast mouse wheel scrolling.
  • Avatar names with special characters will no longer stop chat.
  • The /pos command now work in dynamic areas.
  • Entries in the contacts list no longer expand occasionally for no apparent reason.
  • The expanded entry in the contacts list no longer be minimized when another avatar logs on or out.
  • Entries in the contacts list no longer show incorrect context icons for some avatars.
  • All chat channels are now logged in the main chat log.
  • Chat window no longer prevents numpad enter from functioning normally.

Changes/Additions

• Creating a new chat tab should now immediately show the tab naming UI.
  • Added an option to hide tutorial messages in the message center.
  • Added time since last login in the contacts list for friends and society members.
  • Logging in while incognito or invisible will not update the timer.
  • There is an new setting in the privacy options to hide your last login time.

Known Issues

• There is a display issue affecting several hairstyles.
  • The sliders in the avatar creation interface are offset from the visual display making it difficult to customise avatar appearance.
  • There is an issue preventing certain creatures from being targeted, including Mindreaver and Marcimex.
  • There is an issue affecting chat filters in the main chat interface. This issue prevents private messages from appearing in the main chat tab, though the will still show up if activated in other tabs. To show private messages in a custom chat tab, right-click the tab name and tick the "Private messages" box in the menu that appears. Also make sure that at least one of the sub-filters "Friends" and "Other" is enabled in the tab.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Last edited:
I told my brother to log in and check his. both our ships DOA. any other privateer owners have this problem?
guess no warping for me today :(

To the best of my knowledge all pathfinders and starfinders are currently unable to let pilot or gunner into seat and are as such useless.
At present the Aniara class Motherships seem ok.

I noticed they still haven't fixed clothes - I've been trying to get mine fixed for the last 2 years.
Note they did fix them for 2 days once then promptly broke them again. They will not even respond to tickets on them anymore - not even the "we will fix them check back later response".

Wonna explain what this is?

This is potentially huge whatever it is:)

Either kills via tamed creature, means they are working on taming, kills when transformed into a creature, meaning they are working on allowing us to play as mobs...or just some weird developer placeholder fuck up they accidentally left in the production version.

The odds being 95% on the latter, but there is 5% hope for actual gameplay development:)

I love the fact that i was almost done with my 60k mind reavers and now i cant finish it. And also my female avatar now has a buzz cut.....thanks MA.

PS the progress bar looks really lame now, i was using it all the time before, dont think i will use it anymore.

Faps have a new stat. Heal %/ max

Does it work yet? It shows "0.0% / 0.0%" on any FAP, maxed or unmaxed.
BTW, they (again) forgot to fix the missing stats on Refiner.

But Auction is at-last usable, seems someone discovered DB indexes... :silly2:

Presuming that the "HoF tickering filter", in options > HUD, allows selecting the value above which globals are displayed in the chat window, shouldn't there be a 50 PED option?

And ma screw up everything again?
Back in next moth ;)

Spacecraft and estate deeds can now be pawned in banks.

Finally! Now those 3 motherships I have and 22 FOMA apartments can be pawned in the banks that I use ALL the time because it is such a great service that you can't live without in Entropia.

Either kills via tamed creature, means they are working on taming...

MA tested controlled mobs several weeks ago,
and apparently plan to give us the ability as a new feature.

Controlled mobs can not be assimilated to Taming, at least the way & spirit of the 1st designed Taming.

But we know they have the incredible ability to use a word to mean something else.

Anyway, I still wish Taming to come back like it was before, later after the Controlled mob feature can be.

I know this is minor compared to everything else, but does the Laconian sword really need to take up 9 inventory boxes now? As if the previous 6 boxes weren't enough.

UL melee amps dammit.

Hitbox bug still there :(

And what's this :confused: new "motivational" feature ? Mob evades increased by 500% to compensate on enhancers ?? :scratch2:

attachment.php

Is not that bad :laugh: and I do have all channels ticked in my main chat, but only those system messages are shown, no skill gains or others - motivation greatly improved if you're addicted to yellow color :laugh:

I continue to have a lot of evades. before this VU as well though. 3 in a row becomes typical. 5-7 on a medium sized mob is common. what happened to less evades???

I've always had this problem.. I dont know if this is anything new. Could be though. Track it in the entropia tracker and figure out what your hit rate is.

I continue to have a lot of evades. before this VU as well though. 3 in a row becomes typical. 5-7 on a medium sized mob is common. what happened to less evades???

Yes same here!
I had 11 evades on a feffox young!
Something changed for sure

Hitbox bug still there :(

And what's this :confused: new "motivational" feature ? Mob evades increased by 500% to compensate on enhancers ?? :scratch2:

attachment.php

Is not that bad :laugh: and I do have all channels ticked in my main chat, but only those system messages are shown, no skill gains or others - motivation greatly improved if you're addicted to yellow color :laugh:

Either you missed fact that you don't have ticked sub-channel of damage or you are lying.

skill gains increased?

I dis hunt yesterday, skill gains are in par with what was before VU.
Do you actually log your skillgains per ped spent or you just make random claim?

Where are melee amps?

Yeah, what takes so long with melee amps?! Make them universal shit or something if there's some hassle between planet partners, as long as they have decent stats and they're all craftable.

Spacecraft and estate deeds can now be pawned in banks.

Finally! Now those 3 motherships I have and 22 FOMA apartments can be pawned in the banks that I use ALL the time because it is such a great service that you can't live without in Entropia.

Yes! Good VU finally!

Either you missed fact that you don't have ticked sub-channel of damage or you are lying.

+1 they dont have skill gains and damage turned on

Back