Does MA tech support speak english?

the_prophet

Dominant
Banned
Because of the what looks like an attempt of a reply to my support case today, I decided to go public on this one.

Mindark really needs to consider hiring support agents that speak english, not these pretend to know how a-speak-a-wrenguish.

I can't even start to imagine what this guy was thinking when he couldnt find a more suitable copy/paste answer, anyone has any idea on how weak minded these supporters are?;

1. Reason of support case:

Today I wanted to restart the game due to well-known reasons to all of us.

I logged off, when trying to log back in the game would say my avatar is still logged in. No biggie, I thought. Waited a minute, two, 5, ten, still the same message.

I follow tech support advice it says in such instance, contact support.

I sent this at 2014-05-17 12:09 You wrote:

Hi! I'm getting the message, that my avatar is still logged in, my friends told me that my avatar is still online and seen hanging around in quarry.

I just wanted to restart the game so I logged off as usual, but avatar seems still logged in.

Please fix this so I can log back in.

Thank you.

AFTER 8 hours of support case sent, noone cared to click the f***ing log-out button for my avatar as of then!!!. The avatar is standing at quarry soullesly for 13 hours now already, friends confirmed avatar is online, seen @ quarry and can be attempted to be interacted with.

Furious with how much the support they have is lazy I updated the support case as seen below;

(Dont take shots at me for my language here but they cant even take and reply (if not able to fix)a simple RT ticket in less than 8 fucking hours????? - I WORK FOR A ISP AND WE HAVE 1 HOUR MAX TO REPLY TO RT TICKETS LIKE THIS AND THERE IS 0, null, nix, nada, ZERO CASH INVOLVED!!! I WOULD IMAGINE SINCE THIS IS REAL CASH ECONOMY THEY COULD OFFER HALF-DECENT SUPPORT AT LEAST!!!

2014-05-17 20:22 You wrote:

Hi! I'm still getting the same message, that my avatar is still logged in.

I've finished my 8 hours of work for the day for my company, meanwhile you still havent clicked log off button for ma avatar,....do you intentionally not let people log in to spend money?

I expect this issue to be resolved ASAP!!!

I even added;

2014-05-17 21:24 You wrote:

Friends confirmed that the avatar is still standing logged in @ arkadia quarry

After this I received a "reply";....

2014-05-17 21:24 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your report. I have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation and any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible. Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

____________________________________________________________________________________

OK....

Now someone please explain to me,...are they going to post like...a notice...on their news and release notes section of their webpage,.....THAT THEY LOGGED MY AVATAR OFF???? or.....

IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA WHAT TYPE OF IRREGULARITY NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED TO JUST SIMPLY LOG MY FREAKING AVATAR OFF AND LET ME LOG IN AGAIN, WOW, REALLY?

WTF IS THIS SOME KIND OF A SICK JOKE FROM THIS FAKE "support team"???

To end this properly...

I could never ever ever ever imagine how in the world companies like these can do so really, REALLY POOR on the simplest of things as support - can't even write the simplest of replies which would actually relate to the issue written in the support case.

MA - you are best at doing one thing and one thing only - being able to dissapoint when one thinks there is no way for you to dissapoint anymore.

Lets see now how long it takes now for someone from MA support with a login to the system and takes the 2 minutes which are needed to log a person off from the universe....

Last edited:
Not sure if it'll help you but saw this on other thread.

I found a fix for your avatar being stuck in game...

You can then log back into EU normally, no thanks to support or MA on that find. :)

Isen't who gets sent the support ticket based on what planet you are on? IE if your on Ark it gets sent to the ark team who then should look at it and if need be forward it to MA, Atleast thats how i think it used to be.... might not be Mindark who should take the blame for this one, just saying.

Best regards
Zweshi

Isen't who gets sent the support ticket based on what planet you are on? IE if your on Ark it gets sent to the ark team who then should look at it and if need be forward it to MA, Atleast thats how i think it used to be.

Best regards
Zweshi

ROFL.

Or reply to the support case with text:

Dead entropian.

Log out.

Play.

Regards, suppot team.

Jeezus chrayst...:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

I had the same issue yesterday, and I opened a support ticket via the eu website. I got responses in me e-mail that they had replied. And within 3-4 hours I was able to play again.

With support cases like this, also with bug reports, I think it always helps to give them details on the matter. Where you are (planet/server), what happened, etc.

I don't think support reads the forums. Patience is a virtue.

I had the same issue yesterday, and I opened a support ticket via the eu website. I got responses in me e-mail that they had replied. And within 3-4 hours I was able to play again.

With support cases like this, also with bug reports, I think it always helps to give them details on the matter. Where you are (planet/server), what happened, etc.

I don't think support reads the forums. Patience is a virtue.

All that you have written is good and well and true.

But.

This DOES NOT JUSTIFY that their support lacks so much knowledge OR not even bothering with tickets they get, this is probly a reply from one of the 2 people doing a student job copy/pasting the shit out of support cases, not even reading them, just AWFULL support for an RCE.

It would well be possible that I had missed some opportunity which would yield me a nice profit but was time limited within the frame that I couldnt log in due to their FAKE support not even bothering with what people write in their support cases.

My point is their support is worse than the worst...not sure how thats even possible but if anyone proves it - its their "supporting" itself...

I cant say I have had any positive experiences myself since they moved support a few years ago, In fact I have several unanswered tickets (some years, some months, some involving many parties still unanswered) and some that had been closed outright.

The support comes out of Mexico, that should explain alot. They largely don't even bother to learn English in America, I doubt they will try in Mexico.

I have personally thought the same thing, that the language barrier is causing far more problems than good.

And I have on several occasions thought support was involved directly with the avatars doing piracy in space based on actions not taken and responses given (seeing LOL's in a piracy support case is just wrong). (apparently I was not the only one from a thread last year).

Mexicans!......

I don't see any relation to their understanding of the english language.

You are mad because you are impatient and because their front desk doesn't have an answer to a question and have to ask another team with specialized people.

I had the same issue a few days back in Ark, Celeste Quarry.

After not able to login for about 20 minutes, I send in a support ticket, went to sleep as it was night for me, next day was logging in as normal.

I note that the support ticket time stamp indicated that they took 6 hours to respond to me. Response said they shifted my Avatar.

I don't see any relation to their understanding of the english language.

You are mad because you are impatient and because their front desk doesn't have an answer to a question and have to ask another team with specialized people.

You my friend, are plain IGNORANT.

Before making such posts at least take the time to read what I wrote;

I WROTE:

Hi! I'm getting the message, that my avatar is still logged in, my friends told me that my avatar is still online and seen hanging around in quarry.

I just wanted to restart the game so I logged off as usual, but avatar seems still logged in.

Thank you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

SUPPORT'S ANSWER:

Hi,

Thank you for your report. I have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation and any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible. Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Kind regards,

______________________________________________________________________________________________

So if I understand correctly,

A > The person that took and resolved my support ticket by your opinion knew what I wrote;

then > He is retarded as there are no irregularities and nothing to adjust just freaking log the damn avatar off,...
also > You also advise me in such case as I sent to stay tuned to news and release notes section? maybe see there when they announce that they logged my avatar off?

B > The person looked at a couple of words, saw a couple of ones known to him a bit and based on that copy/pasted the reply which seemed most suitable one for him???

To me it sure looks like that and I'm almost 100% sure thats how they handle support tickets, check a couple of words, see what would fit and copy/paste that text line and thats no way to handle support in an RCE, where your support case should at least be properly READ when you send it. PERIOD.

This have nothing to do language skills of the support. The ones answering the support case are probably not the ones that take the action solve the problem. I can be a support staff in Mexico or other part of the world reading your support case and then forward the support case to person that of the function and capability to solved the problem. That person could be in Sweden and being off work because of the time differences or away on some other bussines, that's why it could take some additional time to get issues solved.

If your problem is solved, just move on. No need to keep living the past. but, hey i understand that it can be frustrating to not be able to play for some time, but now you can and that's what matters.

The solution didn't came from MA - that probably were not aware of the solution - but from the community. That I think is something to be bragging about, seldom we see a MMO community work together to solve other players problems.

They speak a somewhat specific variety of English. Here's translation:

Support said:
Oh, crap. We already have 27 support cases along these lines and have no idea of what's going on. This is something unusual and hasn't happened before. We'd rather restart the server or take it down instead of handling you guys one by one but are scared to break something else, and our instructions say we shouldn't act on our own. We called the guy in Gothenburg and happily bestowed the problem upon him, and now we're relaxing a bit until he figures it out. Until then - sorry, we ain't going to do anything. You wouldn't want us to delete your avatar accidentally or lose your stuff, would you?

I find it odd that you're having issues with support being slow. I find that they jump on my cases like a pack of starving hyenas. Sometimes I receive responses from multiple support agents and I don't think it's ever taken them more than an hour or two to respond to me.

Maybe what I've asked them for has been easier to fix? (stuck here, stuck there, permanent space floater etc...)

I've heard other people have issues with long waits for support, but it's never happened to me :dunno:

Last edited:
I find it odd that you're having issues with support being slow. I find that they jump on my cases like a pack of starving hyenas. Sometimes I receive responses from multiple support agents and I don't think it's ever taken them more than an hour or two to respond to me.

Maybe what I've asked them for has been easier to fix? (stuck here, stuck there, permanent space floater etc...)

I've heard other people have issues with long waits for support, but it's never happened to me :dunno:

You're being sarcastic right?

I've had mostly the same experience really, maybe one or two cases that took a bit to long but for the most part no issue on time and the responses to various issues have been mostly great as well, maybe im just lucky.

Best regards
Zweshi

the title has nothing to do with your problem.
1st language isn't an issue. That title is a sarcastic/retoric question.
2nd MA has nothing to do with this. THIS IS A PLANET PARTNER issue and that support ticket goes to them.
3d there are other cases more important to take care a support team than a stuck avatar.
As you said this is a RCE enviroment. So first in priority are issues that having to do with "money".
How you think we felt when we stayed 24 hours out of the game and we lost some important auctions and activities (and I mean all the "Gold card" holders). Is this had something to do with MA? No.
As someone else said, get over it and go on, it is what it is.
If you don't like the support from that planet you are try to live on to another.

P.S. Your thread might be appropriate to Arkadia forum more than Caly after all.

You my friend, are plain IGNORANT.

Before making such posts at least take the time to read what I wrote;

I WROTE:

Thank you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

SUPPORT'S ANSWER:

Hi,

Kind regards,

______________________________________________________________________________________________

So if I understand correctly,

A > The person that took and resolved my support ticket by your opinion knew what I wrote;

then > He is retarded as there are no irregularities and nothing to adjust just freaking log the damn avatar off,...
also > You also advise me in such case as I sent to stay tuned to news and release notes section? maybe see there when they announce that they logged my avatar off?

B > The person looked at a couple of words, saw a couple of ones known to him a bit and based on that copy/pasted the reply which seemed most suitable one for him???

To me it sure looks like that and I'm almost 100% sure thats how they handle support tickets, check a couple of words, see what would fit and copy/paste that text line and thats no way to handle support in an RCE, where your support case should at least be properly READ when you send it. PERIOD.

Your rage and lashing out at folks like harmony is more intolerable than what you claim is a problem with MA support. We know MA support is lacking albeit I haven't many issues.. at least I know the ark dev team will press mindark to fix critical issues. But being a dick to others isn't going to get you very far.

As an it manager of offshore folks they likely routed to tier 2 support for an answer to relay back to you. This is how most help desk tickets are setup. I'd go further into explaining this but I suspect it'll be lost in the frustration.

PLEASE give Marco a rest, he´s locked in the basement of MA´s headquarter and has to answer every support enquiry on his own, for several years now. Send him a food package or some of ur clothes, pretty sure he had to eat his old suit meanwhile, starving.

Mate, I can imagine not beeing able to login could be frustrating, but your reaction is slightly out of proportion and aimed at the wrong people. Support can understand english quite well there is no need for you to bad-mouth them or anyone else in the thread that is just trying to help. Plus, a response within 8 hours isnt all that bad, I remember times where we had to wait a week for a reply.

My guess is that support can't fix your problem, there is only a limited amount of access to the system they have in Mexico and your problem has to be solved by someone in Sweden. Atleast that is the way I would setup my business.

MA's office just opened, so your problem will probably be fixed soon :)

Back