Question: Laser Rifle Progression

br1ckwa11

Hi there. I'm new to entropia and was just inquiring about rifle progression.

Currently I have level 4 Laser Sniper, and level 3 ranged laser, and I am using the A-3 Punisher Mk.II.

I would like to start farming Atrox Young by myself. Is there a rifle that I could do that with?

Are there any other mobs I could hunt?

Thanks for your help!

You better look for a mentor or a soc for beginners!

You better look for a mentor or a soc for beginners!

In other words you are loosing money fast by using a weapon like that with your current skills.

In other words you are loosing money fast by using a weapon like that with your current skills.

Yes indeed not very eco. I've posted a screenie below to illustrate the DMG/PEC which is 2.07 with your skill Lvls. You didn't mention an AMP so I've omitted that. Ideally your looking for DMG/PEC of 2.8 or better.

I would not hunt even baby Trox solo until your able to do at least 30 DPS and you have some Evade skill. Your currently doing 7.4 DPS with the A3 MKll.

As 49Attilla advised, join an Academy Soc and then find a mentor within it if your looking to play long term. Its very easy to waste PED in EU as a new player (even easier once you have some "Skills" :/)

a3punmkll.png

Dirk

PS: Both NBK Army and TKoE are good places for new players to start ;)

OP didn't ask about cost of play. He wants to use a rifle to hunt atrox young with. It's fun to hunt atrox young when you are a new player.

So: disclaimer: you will loose a lot of ped

Honoring the question:

Because you have low skills you cannot use weapons you should be using (weapons with skill increase bonus)

If you want to stick with rifles because you want to skill it, a justifier mk-2 is the minimum, but the new gravis guns are also an option. They are cheap and pack a lot of punch. gravis glr-29 for example is not that expensive and does 63 dmg. or if you want a blp gun, the gravis gbr rifles are also really powerful. Rifles are more expensive than pistols.
You should also get an omegaton a103 amp or if you can afford it an a104 or a105 amp. Now you have enough dps to conveniently kill an atrox young.
My advice is to get an old school pistol, such as ewe ep-40, m2875 or karma killer. These will cost upto tt+100 but are repairable and will always be useful as a panic weapon. The advantage is that you can kill bigger stuff, the drawback is that you will not be efficient. But you know that because you are using a punisher mk-2 atm.
Because you havent got much skill you will do a lot of misses and a lot of low minimum damage, but you can also expect to do really high damage, making it a fun experience.

When you use a setup like above your skills will fly on, and then you can start looking at more eco options.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I think you are being given bad advice by even suggesting that sticking to UL non-SIB is something you might want to do. You should buy an Omegaton A103 amp. It is not expensive (you are hunting atrox, after all), and it will help you with any weapon you use (except ones with max damage less than 24).

The problem with sticking to UL non-sib is that all the cheap one totally suck dps wise and also utterly suck eco wise at your levels.

If I were you, I would progress rifles like this :
  • CCA/Chikara LR-3 Colonial (L) until you get to level 6/6
  • Kallous-1(L), hunt with until you get 8/8 (gives ~ 9 dps). You could boost it with XR55(L) Hotfoot 10(L) to 12.7 / 13.6 dps.
  • Buy A103, switch to Kallous-2 with A103, giving you 18 dps, hunt until you are 10/10
  • Switch to kallous-3 + A103, giving you 19.8 dps, hunt until you are 13/13
  • Switch to Kallous-4 + A103, giving you 21.9 dps, hunt until you are 16/16
  • Switch to Kallous-5 + A103, giving you 29.6 dps (but consider buying A104)

With regen mobs, your dps matters a lot. See for example http://eldslott.org/entropia for approximate costs of killing a mob with various weapons. For Atrox Young, the costs are :

• Your A-3 Justifier Mk.II+A103 - 5.5 PED
  • Kallous-2(L)+A103 - 4.6
  • Kallous-3(L)+A103 - 4.48
  • Kallous-4(L)+A103 - 4.38
  • Maxed A-3 Justifier Mk.II+A103 - 4.21 PED
  • Jester D-5(L)+A103 - 4.13
  • Kallous-5(L)+A103 - 4.03 PED

Spending 1.5 PED less on every Atrox killed only takes 12 extra levels, the "maxed A-3 Justifier Mk.II" happens at level 100/100, and pretty much every gun after Jester d-5 (included) is better than it.

May I suggest hunting Atrax instead of Atrox until you max Kallous-5(L) ?

Level N / N means that your lower level of hit / damage is at least N.

br1ckwa11,

As you can see from the above posts, there is more than one option open to you, so its down to how much you can justify spending on the game in a given period and how efficiently you wish to use your PED :eyecrazy:

I have linked below an article by Narfi on chipping in skills just to give you yet another perspective. Its three years old so the prices will have increased I'm sure but it gives a good idea of how you could spend your PED, should you so choose ;)

You are unable to chip in if your a disciple, however, if you choose this course you could become a disciple after chipping in some skills and still gain the rewards.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/thre...n-your-first-day-for-200-active-for-300.4364/

Best of luck!

Dirk

Back