Question: Big mob vs bigger mob

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
The mobs:
1. Atrox Young HP = 990

2. Proteron Young HP =2910

3. Osseocollum Young HP = 3450

This is really about the 2 and 3 and I just included the number 1 because I just thought I should because it is hunted by many players.

I have been hunting for a while during my life in EU and this is a question that I have thought about many times.

Thought #1 The smaller the mob the more you can kill and maybe more loot, not necessarily globals or HOFs just better drops as compared to the cost to kill (5 ped drop on mob 1 is a much better return than on mob 3).

Thought #2 The bigger the mob maybe the bigger single loot.

Thought #3 With what I think about the way MA has the loot structure now I think the chance of a 5 digit HOF from an smaller Atrox, i.e. smaller than an Alpha is almost non-existence. (although I did see a small 5 digit HOF on a young, I think it was, several weeks ago)

Thought #4 I would think that the bigger the mob, like 1 and 2 above, you would have a better return on a 200-300 ped run than on number 1 not counting the bigger loots like globals and HOFs.

Thought #5 It doesn't seem to matter what size the mob, like the ones above, not a chirpy:), you can lose as much if not more hunting bigger mobs.

Thought #6 I think we should discount very bad streaks and very good streaks.

Thought #7 If you are on a very good streak I would think you would want to be hunting the biggest mob you can because of my #4 thought.

I just don't seem to be able to figure it out:scratch2:.

Post your thoughts please.

Thanks for your thoughts.

What did i just read?!?! :scratch2::scratch2:

I think he said the size of the mob don't matter unless your hunting chirpy.
Good luck with that! I got a daily to kill 50 Chirpy. Nice and quick, right? Took me five days to see enough spawn after MA "modified" Corinth (I have since learned about another area).

I stand by my original statement - if there was Chirpy DNA, and someone filled an LA with them, it'd be the most visited LA in EU. Imagine a whole field of chirpy, a launcher, and auto-loot.

I guess I think too much and don't explain myself very well:scratch2: Oh well thanks for the heads up.

@tamlin

What a coincidence! I've also pondered about that too. But too bad, I highly doubt that its possible to get the parts to make a chirpy dna, let alone that these supposed parts even exists.

@CozMoDan

I don't think your thinking too much. Even I have thought about that too...once upon a time. (Perhaps even now there's a good chance that some tiny speck of hope remains somewhere deep within me.)

Nonetheless though, I think the wise decision is still to use your peds to hunt sanely or smartly. As in, depending on your card size, choose the ones that allows you to hunt as many of them as possible and as cheaply as possible, to maximize your loot chances and prey upon the "averaged returns".

Only use peds that you can lose, "leisure peds", to hit for the high stakes, once in a while...if your feeling lucky.

@tamlin

What a coincidence! I've also pondered about that too. But too bad, I highly doubt that its possible to get the parts to make a chirpy dna, let alone that these supposed parts even exists.

@CozMoDan

I don't think your thinking too much. Even I have thought about that too...once upon a time. (Perhaps even now there's a good chance that some tiny speck of hope remains somewhere deep within me.)

Nonetheless though, I think the wise decision is still to use your peds to hunt sanely or smartly. As in, depending on your card size, choose the ones that allows you to hunt as many of them as possible and as cheaply as possible, to maximize your loot chances and prey upon the "averaged returns".

Only use peds that you can lose, "leisure peds", to hit for the high stakes, once in a while...if your feeling lucky.

Very interesting advice. That is exactly the way I hunt. The time I try for high stakes is just after a deposit. The first 200 or 300 ped run is the high stakes with the hope of getting the "Thanks for Depo" HOF. The real thing I miss is little mob big HOF as in an L2 mob and hit a 2500 ped HOF(2009) and an L10 mob for a 13K HOF (2010). Back then I was depoing all the time but at a much smaller amount than now. Now I do a bigger depo much less often.

Hunting small stuff will let you have a more smooth return Vs big stuff, with the right sized bankroll ofc.

Hunting small argos with 10k peds for ammo/repair will let you shoot a long time. To hunt prots you might need 50k peds in ammo/repair money to last as long.

Weekend hunting is depoing 1k peds and go all in on some big mob and hoping for a jackpot. <-- this is kinda me atm. Having fun and dont care about what happens.

Hunting small stuff will let you have a more smooth return Vs big stuff, with the right sized bankroll ofc.

Hunting small argos with 10k peds for ammo/repair will let you shoot a long time. To hunt prots you might need 50k peds in ammo/repair money to last as long.

Weekend hunting is depoing 1k peds and go all in on some big mob and hoping for a jackpot. <-- this is kinda me atm. Having fun and dont care about what happens.

I think the last sentence is the ONE! Although hard to do just remember this is a game and should be fun. Don't spend the rent money to play and consider the money spent is already gone. If you want the money to last and still hunt try the punys. I like to do them once in a while and it is intense.

I use an S.I. Scorpio, no armor, 10-15 ped run, loot collection pill, select next target and auto use tool which I never turn off. Basically it is kill, loot and move to next target and never stop. This set-up takes about an hour to use all the ammo and is the length of time the loot pill lasts so for me it is perfect, I think the worst I have lost is around 5 ped. A great hour of fun for 50 cents. A 20 dollar deposit will net you more than 40 hours of fun. One real good side effect, IMO, is you loot some noob weapons that you can give to players that are new and are seen around the area of PA where the punys are located.

Just have fun and stop thinking about it.

ALL MOBS, both big and small have a chance to be no-looters... so DON'T PAY MORE IN TO DECAY THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO COUNT AS TOTAL LOSS. :)

Just have fun and stop thinking about it.

Swunt your mobs before killing them to increase fun and "profit" lol

for every 30k sweat you can trade for 1 aud which will earn you .01 pec a day! seriously decreasing your ammo costs :dunce:

Swunt your mobs before killing them to increase fun and "profit" lol

for every 30k sweat you can trade for 1 aud which will earn you .01 pec a day! seriously decreasing your ammo costs :dunce:

Now there's some good advice:)

I don't know the size of loot on Osseocollum
I only know with 60 close protection it isn't enough to outfap it with 180 hp.
So compared to prot or trox you essentially need a far costlier gear setup, or more hp, which also costs.
Prots have more chance for regular hof than trox, and it should be like that, because trox can be done in adjusted pixie with small plates.

So basically

atrox: small armor, small fap, medium dmg weapon, hp 100-150
proteron: med level armor, med level fap, high dmg weapon, hp 150+
osseocollum: high level armor, high level fap, high dmg weapon, hp 200+

If globals/hofs can be placed along those same lines

atrox: globals, incidental hof, rare item chance really small, max hof <20k
proteron: globals, regular hofs, rare item chance small, max hof <60k
osseocollum: globals/hofs, rare item chance uncommon, max hof <100k

if loot distribution is like that, then it is fair.

I don't know the size of loot on Osseocollum
I only know with 60 close protection it isn't enough to outfap it with 180 hp.
So compared to prot or trox you essentially need a far costlier gear setup, or more hp, which also costs.
Prots have more chance for regular hof than trox, and it should be like that, because trox can be done in adjusted pixie with small plates.

So basically

atrox: small armor, small fap, medium dmg weapon, hp 100-150
proteron: med level armor, med level fap, high dmg weapon, hp 150+
osseocollum: high level armor, high level fap, high dmg weapon, hp 200+

If globals/hofs can be placed along those same lines

atrox: globals, incidental hof, rare item chance really small, max hof <20k
proteron: globals, regular hofs, rare item chance small, max hof <60k
osseocollum: globals/hofs, rare item chance uncommon, max hof <100k

if loot distribution is like that, then it is fair.

I would say that is a fairly good assessment. I think the values of the HOFs are high. I think maybe half. Pre 2011 I think you are right on and maybe a little low. I also think that if your values are correct it would very fair and I think most, if not all, would live with that.

I have been playing since 2007 and I see you have been playing longer and I have had exactly one rare item (got the HOF swirl) in all that time and it happened less than a year ago.

Back