CLD vs AUD: A comparison

AUD value is increasingly increasing even when they still can be purchased through webshop.

The moment webshop runs out of AUD adeed to the prominent future for AU (which will be translated into higher yield), price will soar.

I think it's okay, as we have a difference in buying them here. One way touches ingame PED recorded maybe in intern chronicles of AH, other way touches RL bancaccount balance.

Last edited:
Cool. I'm glad to see this thread enjoying a second revival with folks re-examining the numbers. :)

And yes, you should look at long-term averages vs each other to make better choices, rather than just a day or month that may just happen to be that investments best or worst performance.

You should also look at changes that influence payouts and if these changes are permanent.
I think that with the invention of the smugglers IFN warehouses and the need to do 4 iron missions in the underground to visit them all will in fact bring a permanent higher payout for AUDs in the years to come.
The promise of unlimited smuggler armor plates which sit between imp and mod 5b in terms of protection and have higher durability than mod 5b is a nice incentive to get those iron missions done in the underground.
Ark devs are also hinting at the smuggler armor ul, which is basically rx optac light. If they also do an Unlimited smuggler weapon in one of the next vus then these structural changes will help payouts from aud a lot.

And now that they also have these on a regular basis, daily payouts will stay high. And yes, I am using a knife on that mech.

Thanks for that info Spawn, sounds like a nice future-development of Arkadia Underground for me :)

You should also look at changes that influence payouts and if these changes are permanent.
I think that with the invention of the smugglers IFN warehouses and the need to do 4 iron missions in the underground to visit them all will in fact bring a permanent higher payout for AUDs in the years to come.
The promise of unlimited smuggler armor plates which sit between imp and mod 5b in terms of protection and have higher durability than mod 5b is a nice incentive to get those iron missions done in the underground.
Ark devs are also hinting at the smuggler armor ul, which is basically rx optac light. If they also do an Unlimited smuggler weapon in one of the next vus then these structural changes will help payouts from aud a lot.

I actually hope all this is true. It would show Arkadia giving extra value to the people who gave them money in the past, setting a good example to the Calypso team. I love that CLD started all this and Calypso can have their good moments, but generally Arkadia are better at the customer satisfaction side of things.

I would have phrased it as: how long-lived are the conditions we have now?
We have been told that instances do not count towards AUD payouts. This was before warehouses, but I assume that people on the missions are just 'passing through' and that when they reach their targets they will be outside the AUD 'bubble'.
Perhaps someone can also clarify: to start the missions, do you need to pay to join the smugglers? I've forgotten how much it is, but it wasn't cheap.

So, my assumption is that interest in the missions, while strong now, will fall off. On the other hand, maybe Ark devs will have new missions for a nice weapon, or whatever else to improve underground participation.
Also, once all Ark deeds have been sold (from the shop), there will be no more revenue directly funding the development of the underground from those unsold AUD payouts (as I understand the situation is currently).

And yes, I own some AUDs - and am happy with them. I just like to paint a true picture. And yes, I do think the Ark devs have been doing a good job overall - well done!

Let's look at the Compet deeds, too.

cpdaud.jpg

Compet deeds that have implemented a few lame screenshots so far and haven't paid out anything, trade at 111.10% of the face value (weekly), and Arkadia Underground deeds trade at 111.48% of the face value (weekly).

I see. :)

It only makes sense, that as the AUD pays more, the AUD would gain in value.

At current prices (AUD = 0.01 PED/day) at 54.5 PED gives an annual ROI of 6.70%
(CLD = 3.3 PED/week) at 1950 PED gives an annual ROI of 8.80%

It only takes a 0.015 PED/day average return to make the AUD more valuable (9.95% ROI) than the CLD
^^**^^** This is assuming the underlying commodity price does not change in the process (but it should given increased payouts in the AUD.

It only takes a 0.015 PED/day average return to make the AUD more valuable (9.95% ROI) than the CLD
^^**^^** This is assuming the underlying commodity price does not change in the process (but it should given increased payouts in the AUD.

A 0.015 ped/day average from AUD you say.

You mean only a 50% increase in revenue. That's akin to CLD payouts increasing from 35 ped / week to 52.5 ped / week - on average. The time taken for AUD to reach the same relative revenues of CLD, even with a steady increase in activity on Arkadia, nullifies the increased profit.

Not so 'only' anymore.

If anything using the CLD a benchmark, the AUD is currently over-valued.

When analysing anything monetary use a relative figure or comparison such as percentages, otherwise you are chasing a false economy.

Also, the average payout is only 1 pec per day average, because of the gold event. Without that, it is about 0.5 pec per day. Quite a big difference.

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:
On a 4 pec daily payment, AUD's yearly ROI sets up on 29.2% at 50Ped/AU. 26.5% at current price of 55Ped/AU.

On a 4 pec daily payment, AUD's yearly ROI sets up on 29.2% at 50Ped/AU. 26.5% at current price of 55Ped/AU.

hmmm maybe im wrong but arent there still Auds in Mindarks Webshop to buy for 50 ped .???? so why pay 55 ped if u can buy those for 50 peds in the shop ???

Payout has been 2 pec or above since the introduction of the smuggler missions in december. It is currently rising to a lot of 3 pec payouts the last few days and 4 pec last Night. This 4 pecs came without any noticeable hofs in the underground and is thus linked directly to increased hunting activity on iron missions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IBZAHz5T7ih6qjXjGG4KaOf8sQS9UgeakCDnVps-dG4/htmlview

Thank you for some signs of factual knowledge among the more recent posts! :yay:
/irony off.
Yes, this is currently putting AUDs way above CLDs at current market values, but it is my opinion that activity will fall again once the first rush to get to the warehouses is over (missions completed).

As far as I know, there has been no recent statement on how many AUDs are still available from the shop. I am assuming that some people are cycling peds: - shop purchase - auction sale at 110% - withdrawal, repeat. That could dry out fairly quickly and then the price in game may well rise as people still rush to buy them. Note: that is not a fact, but speculation too.

Payout has been 2 pec or above since the introduction of the smuggler missions in december. It is currently rising to a lot of 3 pec payouts the last few days and 4 pec last Night. This 4 pecs came without any noticeable hofs in the underground and is thus linked directly to increased hunting activity on iron missions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IBZAHz5T7ih6qjXjGG4KaOf8sQS9UgeakCDnVps-dG4/htmlview

For a week or two.

It will fall off again and go back to 0.5pec per week once people finish the mission. Arkadia need to grow their player base, that is what will help.

Rgds

Ace

For a week or two.

It will fall off again and go back to 0.5pec per week once people finish the mission. Arkadia need to grow their player base, that is what will help.

Rgds

Ace

Good luck doing 4 iron missions in two weeks. 5k, 10k, 20k, 40k, 60k, 60k points on Wombana, Badger, Navi and Togolossi. Not even with the terminator... each of the finished stage 6 iron missions gives access to one warehouse. If you want to visit all 4 warehouses.. that's 4 iron missions to complete.
People that are doing them now are the pioneers. Mainstream entropians will follow.
To put things in perspective; I still want to do the 5k aurli and the shrooms missions for the faps. I just haven't gotten round to it, because I recently completed my trox iron, and grinded to get my stolen imperium armor.

A lot of players like this way: A garanteed item at the end of a long grind. That's what the stolen imperium armor was, that's what the adj/imp/mod versions of armor on caly and plates and faps and amps are. That's why these smuggler missions will also be popular.

I have looted 3 Graphene Polymer thusfar. And I am on stage 4 Wombana and stage 3 badger.

People will want 7 plates.. so that's 70 Graphene Polymer and 7 Graphene Composite.
All of this loots in the underground. So even if they finish the 4 iron missions, they may not have 70 Polymer and 7 composite. The plates are made like this:

[Smuggler Armour Plate 1] = 1 [Moonshine Armour Plate 1 (L)] + 10 [Graphene Polymer] + 1 [Graphene Composite]

Smuggler Armour Plate:
Impact - 13 / Cut - 14 / Stab - 13 / Block Damage - 1% / Durability - 2500

-> this plate compares to Mod 5b . 41 close dmg vs 40 on the smuggler. the durability on the smuggler is better mod 5b:2200 smuggler:2500

Other loot thats interesting is the L moonshine armor.
Moonshine (L) 31 stab 31 cut 35 impact 20 burn 20 cold 20 pen

97 close protection and 40 firearms protection.
Angel+ liakon in one armor

The full smuggler armor was already shown once.. it's pure speculation, but I think there may be an upgrade mission for moonshine armor too, to turn it into unlimited armor.

Payout might go back to 0.5 per week once the mission is finished.. but who doesnt want these unlimited plates?

My assessment: Payouts on AUDs will not go back to 0.5 per week for a long time to come.
CLDs will collapse further until devs come up with houses to build on the landplots or shoplandplots, and even then.. if there is no farming on these landplots... which is the only thing people hang on too from some pictures...it will be a long ride down to 1300-1400 peds where they will stay.

Last edited:
Good luck doing 4 iron missions in two weeks. 5k, 10k, 20k, 40k, 60k, 60k points on Wombana, Badger, Navi and Togolossi. Not even with the terminator... each of the finished stage 6 iron missions gives access to one warehouse. If you want to visit all 4 warehouses.. that's 4 iron missions to complete.
People that are doing them now are the pioneers. Mainstream entropians will follow.

My assessment: Payouts on AUDs will not go back to 0.5 per week for a long time to come.
CLDs will collapse further until devs come up with houses to build on the landplots or shoplandplots, and even then.. if there is no farming on these landplots... which is the only thing people hang on too from some pictures...it will be a long ride down to 1300-1400 peds where they will stay.

:yay: I was silently hoping you would deliver more facts - and indeed you have, ty!
Personally I question how many mainstream players can handle the warehouse mobs, as their danger lvls seem quite high. There is also the question of what the point is of personally doing all access missions for all warehouses. As long as loots are tradeable, I'd expect people to focus on one or two missions. Maybe there is a bound reward with each mission completion?
This is why I expect a slowdown, but a slow slowdown :eyecrazy:

What do you mean by 0.5 per week? Do you mean 0.05 (a 1 pec payment on most days but not all)? I don't expect a return to that either...

Oh, and +rep if I can :)

I'm adding that AUD really only reffer to a small landzone all in all, which makes participation quite more direct, as having a complete planet playin into ROI.

And guess what'll be if we crowdflood AUD zone daily! :wtg:

@ Spawn: Thanks for headsup :tongue2:

And 4 pec each day/deed, well we can see and work on it more directly hehe.

RCS

^^ but until the return does drop.... the ROI warrants an increased AUD price....

I think the reason why we haven't seen a surge in the AUD price is because they are still available in the webshop at 50 ped each. Every time the price increases a bit it is just to tempting to buy a load at 50 ped and sell them quick at 54 (for example) and the price doesn't increase much.

Once the webshop is empty no reason why the AUD price won't go to 100 or 150 ped imo. We paid 50 ped happily for 1 pec a day return so why not 100 ped for 3/4 pec a day :)

At the same time the CLD value will drop and the prices of the two deeds will find some equilibrium where the ROI is about the same. The CLD's still have extra features which might make them slightly more valuable at certain points in the future. Also the ROI of the CLD's depend very much on when one bought them, my ROI is still good so i won't be selling but for someone who paid 1700+ peds the AUD is the much better investment now (again imo) - the extra features on the CLD just aren't worth that difference in ROI.

Last edited:
All this talk about payouts, markups and potential roi is swell but...

Please make sure to add a healthy dose of possible risks (involved) and reality checks to them (if I may so caution ;)).

Never play with money that you don't have and will be (sorely) missed if lost.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?274613-Mindark-Annual-Report-2014

(Cause lately, I've been seeing a little too much of "buying XXX amount of CLDs / AUDs" goals/aspirations/targets. :ahh:)

last weekly Payout of CLD:

1/18/2016 216 0.02(per CLD !!!!) 871.49 4.03 0.11% (Infos taken from Spreadsheet in ROI Tracker thread for CLD)

Well, people think its the ammo bonus problem/bug which been used in Merry Mayhem last/this year.

Not sure what todays ROI of AUD's been. I guess somewhere at 0.03 to 0.04 pec per deed. Yesterday it been 0.03 pec per.

MU on CLD is around 1730 Ped per deed, AUD falls a bit to 54,xx ped.

Good that AUD is not affected by bugged events and those who profit by that.

Unless planet arkadia devs start suchlike events too in arkadia ungerground.

Greetings
RCS

All this talk about payouts, markups and potential roi is swell but...

Please make sure to add a healthy dose of possible risks (involved) and reality checks to them (if I may so caution ;)).

Never play with money that you don't have and will be (sorely) missed if lost.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?274613-Mindark-Annual-Report-2014

(Cause lately, I've been seeing a little too much of "buying XXX amount of CLDs / AUDs" goals/aspirations/targets. :ahh:)

Thanks for info, surely something to have in sight for longer.

Tho, if MA ie. planet calypso goes down you will still be able to split arkadia off and make an own company with rights to keep arkadia alive and running. We once been all on only one planet in this game haha, regarding old players :p.

Greetings RCS

hmm.. AUD's sucks. I only got 5 pec / deed last night :D

Is anyone having an AUD ROI Tracker which is up to date ?

I think the one on ARK forum is not updated.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/aud-revenue-tracker.11466/

This here is on PCF and also not up to date.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?273907-Arkadia-Underground-Deed-ROI-tracker

This here as well on EP wiki

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Arkadia_Underground_Deeds

Am on work, would be nice to have the value of todays revenue. I'd bet its like 2-3 pec.

RCS

Is anyone having an AUD ROI Tracker which is up to date ?

I think the one on ARK forum is not updated.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/aud-revenue-tracker.11466/

This here is on PCF and also not up to date.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?273907-Arkadia-Underground-Deed-ROI-tracker

This here as well on EP wiki

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Arkadia_Underground_Deeds

Am on work, would be nice to have the value of todays revenue. I'd bet its like 2-3 pec.

RCS

There is One in this thread , post #40

Roi For 18-1. ... 36%
19-1 is not There yet.. it was 3 pec per deed.

Many thanks Spawn :)

Weekly AUD payout monitored at

AUD Payout weekly

Gonna keep track of the weekly payout .

Daily it gets too big.

can someone provide data from the payouts date 19 january 2015 till 4 february 2015
Specified by day please

i only miss that part the rest i have.

il try to keep it weekly updated along with the data for the CLD wich Sammy2014 already keeps track of.

P.S. as soon as i have all data i will update the rest of the DATA the return overall is not updated yet as i miss the 2 weeks of 2015

Back