3 weeks given up smoking

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
For you none smokers here, you are probably thinking, "and? whats your point?"

For me it is pretty darn awesome.....

I am not out of the woods, (i don't believe i will ever be out of the woods, 20 years, 20 a day). But i have made 3 weeks cold turkey with no suppliments.

I am already smelling things better. My running has MASSIVELY improved. From 55 mins for a 6 miler down to 49 mins. That was within a week of giving up.

So this is an advert to all those smokers out there, that wont to give up, but are waiting for the right motivation.

The motivation for me, was a gaurateed date in 6 months (bizzare and thankfully not the only reason), my brother in law also giving up. And a race in two weeks time. (that was two weeks from when i first gave up).

Although i feel awesome for not smoking, the cravings are still bad, I still struggle every evening. But the awesomeness of making it this far, makes the point of the next cig seem pointless.

Pretty hard to explain........but the point of this thread........I AM WEAK.....if i can make it this far....with the right motivation........

Anyways. Good luck to all you smokers out there that want to give up. If any want to chat about motivation, reasoning (my mind played many tricks on me on the last few weeks), or just general support (I need it every bloody day). Send me a pm

My friends and family have helped massively.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: 6 months ,16 days, 21 hours and counting ;)

Last edited:
Awesome man! As an ex-smoker of almost a year, I can say it gets easier, but it never stops being hard. That said, it's a source of pride that keeps on giving. Enjoy your freedom from nicotine!

Well done :wtg: its not easy to give up but well worth the effort involved.

Just don't give in.

Thanks guys, it really sucks ass......as Esme pointed out, be careful of the spikes

Rgds

Ace

Esme and I have also pointed out a possible nother, giving up smoking might be easier than giving up PE

;-)

Esme and I have also pointed out a possible nother, giving up smoking might be easier than giving up PE

;-)

I think I've given up PE/EU as many times as I have given up smoking. I succeeded with the smoking, but here I am, so.....you're probably right.

I think I've given up PE/EU as many times as I have given up smoking. I succeeded with the smoking, but here I am, so.....you're probably right.

I wonder how a poll would turn out?

Rgds

Ace

I had to learn to hate them, the people that make them, the civilization that will sell them to people while jailing people for self medication. basically everything about them is the devil to me, really helped get past the 3 pack a day habit I carried for half my life.

I had to learn to hate them, the people that make them, the civilization that will sell them to people while jailing people for self medication. basically everything about them is the devil to me, really helped get past the 3 pack a day habit I carried for half my life.

Personally, i am not so much with the hate factor. More with the, "i am in this now, how do i get out". Tried many variations, and for whatever reason it is working now, i am telling people, and i really don't want to smoke.

Christ almighty it sucks though

Rgds

Ace

ColdT.jpg

Keep it up..ive been with the cold tturkey several times =) apparently not as strong as you.

Thank you all, greatly appreciated.

It seems i might had a couple of drinks last night to post this :)

No trouble not smoking today with a big hangover lol

Rgds

Ace

Thank you all, greatly appreciated.

It seems i might had a couple of drinks last night to post this :)

No trouble not smoking today with a big hangover lol

Rgds

Ace

just toss a few drinks back and you'll be a none smoking raging alcoholic in no time =)

For you none smokers here, you are probably thinking, "and? whats your point?"

For me it is pretty darn awesome.....

I am not out of the woods, (i don't believe i will ever be out of the woods, 20 years, 20 a day). But i have made 3 weeks cold turkey with no suppliments.

I am already smelling things better. My running has MASSIVELY improved. From 55 mins for a 6 miler down to 49 mins. That was within a week of giving up.

So this is an advert to all those smokers out there, that wont to give up, but are waiting for the right motivation.

The motivation for me, was a gaurateed date in 6 months (bizzare and thankfully not the only reason), my brother in law also giving up. And a race in two weeks time. (that was two weeks from when i first gave up).

Although i feel awesome for not smoking, the cravings are still bad, I still struggle every evening. But the awesomeness of making it this far, makes the point of the next cig seem pointless.

Pretty hard to explain........but the point of this thread........I AM WEAK.....if i can make it this far....with the right motivation........

Anyways. Good luck to all you smokers out there that want to give up. If any want to chat about motivation, reasoning (my mind played many tricks on me on the last few weeks), or just general support (I need it every bloody day). Send me a pm

My friends and family have helped massively.

Rgds

Ace

i was smoking not alot, but like every day 1 cigarette, once i met a scientist that works in ciggarette making company. After long time of talks he sayd that ci8ggarette has ~220 ingredients, and this product is not even simmilar to old pipe or ciggaret .

there is 1 ingredient that is most used in child medicent from koffing. that troaght not hurted when smoking
there is 1 chemical making filer brown
there is 1 ingreadient making smoke white.....

after thta talk i went to smoke one ciggarette, and i was so discusting, that i never smoke ciggarette again.

and noone sayd me to quit, or ciggarette is bad, just simple question that you should ask yourself :

every day in USA , from smoking dies so much people that is like 1 boing plain crash.
so ? will youfly by plain knowing that every day in use crash 1 plain ?

i gues no, so why smoke ?

Wish you the best! It took me several quits to quit. Keep going no matter what happens never give up and always believe you are worth choosing life over death my cancer sticks.

GOOD JOB MAN!

1 month here also since i last smoked, no help also, i just said : ENOUGH!

and it goes very well, i don't feel the need to smoke anymore.

keep it that way bro :)

cheers

GOOD JOB MAN!

1 month here also since i last smoked, no help also, i just said : ENOUGH!

and it goes very well, i don't feel the need to smoke anymore.

keep it that way bro :)

cheers

That is awesome as well :) a week ahead of me, keep up too!

And thanks to everyone else for their support!

Rgds

Ace

I'm close to 4 years with e-cigarette. :smoke:

Gratz on quitting.

;-)
Noope, nope, quitting PE is quite a bit easier.
I quit smoking for some 5-6 weeks couple years ago, it was good, was getting the sence of smell and taste back.
Aaaand then i went down to Spain with a friend aaaand, well, Spain, partying... yeah, that got a bit out of hand and i accidentally smoked again.
And it's even harder to quit now for a second time.

My message to you; do not slip, don't.
Good work there though buddy.

Small update (well big for me)

Not smoked for 2 months and 6 days now.....and still going strong :yay:

Nearly had a drag a few times.....but managed not to.

I think if i had just one drag or one cigarrette I would be on 20 a day within a week.

But now it has been 2 months, it is easier not to.

Rgds

Ace

Nice going. 2 months was a big turning point for me. It was tough to get over the hump then but after that it was fairly easy, so if you're anything like me you've cracked it.

If you haven't already done so, you should work out how much money you've saved by not smoking over the last couple of months, and buy yourself a reward somewhere near that value. When I quit I bought myself a nice bottle of single malt every couple of weeks for a while, which was a great motivator :)

And just remember, all you need to do is not smoke any cigarettes - simple!

Keep going as a NON-SMOKER ............. for ever

and remember the longer you are a NON-SMOKER the easier it gets :hug:

Congratulations! That is a big step in your life and overall health :) Keep it up! Don't go back!

An amazing goal! Gratz to you! :)

Only 3 months and 24 days left to go, you can do it!

(You don't fool me, i know the real reason you are quitting :rolleyes:)

Back