Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Almost Uber

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Medium Level Player

Votes: 222 75.8%
  • Useless Noob

Votes: 56 19.1%

• Total voters
On second thoughts I believe that is the uber limit begins with the skill Intuition if we talking about skills.

And if we talking about hardcore players who is and who is not the Entropia life shows it quite well in the numbers of Hof's and globals.

Last edited:
On second thoughts I believe that is the uber limit begins with the skill Intuition if we talking about skills.

And if we talking about hardcore players who is and who is not the Entropia life shows it quite well in the numbers of Hof's and globals.

I think people like this are so far above your grandfather talked about you.

Stop trying to be as cool.

ive been lvl 50~ for 3-4 years (by choice) and i am by no means uber.

Now we know it's just the drugs talking.

Neil, I always thought you were smart until you let the drugs talk,. now I worry.Think that they will lie.

Imo, a player with level 50 in his higest profession is still a bit below medium player, but far from noob.
Can't vote on that. ;)
Sry yes it's kinda programmed into my poll. Better accept the "Medium Level Player" for now and deal with the "Almost"-part later :)

Lot's of interesting and totally different viewpoints, like always (it's prolly some 10th time that poll is run on PCF).

Good point there. The weapon prof indeed might not be the best measurement. If there's something that works as a game changer it's rather Evade/Dodge. Getting to lvl 80 in this profession is definitely uber.

And here's prolly the most universal definition of uberness:
Maybe u playing smart, or have good skills, or u just throw big money at the server and then "shake the tree"... or maybe u simply got lucky.
Whatever it was, we don't try to peek into your wallet. We don't care. Achievement is an achievement. Period.
That's very Entropian way to look at uberness indeed. :cool:

Jesus Valentin, don't you know already what you are?

It is like you need conformation of your skill levels, but I forgot if you chipped out, back in, messed around, fucked a whore.

Basically, you show no character like I would allow other people in this game.

Don't ask mid-level people if you are a good people, it is like me asking a tramp if I am a good person.

Try to take something from this.

It is like you need conformation of your skill levels, but I forgot if you chipped out, back in, messed around, fucked a whore.

Don't ask mid-level people if you are a good people, it is like me asking a tramp if I am a good person.

Please...Stop use drugs.:laugh:

who are you to allow other people to show character or not?

I take it your a bigot? with no respect for people who choose to live different than you "allow"?
I have known some really cool tramps and whores.
Conversely I have know some real asshole "suits, and rat race clones".

Last edited:
i reckon perceiving if you are uber or not is an ever changing sliding scale
when i started level 50 and 160 hp sounded quite uber to me,
when i reached that level i thought being level 70 + 200 hp is uber,when i reached that i thought being level 100 + being tough(250 hp ) is uber
at this moment im level 115 and have 270 hp and now level 120 and 300 hp sounds uber to me

and im pretty sure when i have 300 hp i dont feel uber at all and think only 350 hp is uber

Uber is nothing more than someone who appears to be so far above you that you can't imagine yourself getting there.

So I am at work, bored with a little extra time on my hands, and came across this post.

I don't really think there is a singular definition of "uber", as it is subjective from one person to another....

Lets use me as an example here, I have been called "Uber" quite a few times (please don't think this is tooting my horn, not at all, just providing a different perspective, read below), yet I disagree with this. As well as others would too, for the following reasons:

Reasons I think I have been called "uber", either because I have been told or my opinion....
1. playing off and on since late 2003
2. usually play with amazing gear (mod merc, imp fap, etc), def makes it fun
3. tough HP, 450k ish skills, and I am at least 'OK' at PVPing
4. I like to think I am overall very nice and approachable, as long as your not rude. I try to help others when I can

Reasons I disagree with being called "uber"
1. I have taken 3 long breaks since starting, totaling roughly 4 ish years + for all three
2. Have had three separate avatars (shared with GF when started, scammed on 2nd, and now blue corvette velvet, of which I created in early 2005)
3. agility I think is only 75 or something like that. hardly hunted for the first few years after making vette as I only PKed back then, only recently started hunting more. Some think your attributes are a direct reflection of your experience and skillz, which is pretty true. Others would think playing off and on since 2003 is also a reflection of experience and skillz, which is also true. Again, subjective and honestly, who cares lol :smoke:
4. I depo. plain and simple, as WE ALL DO, just everyone does their own amounts.
5. I am very stubborn to change in the game, like for example, been back now a few years but just only recently used a carrying Trade Terminal... had no clue how to use it and needed an explanation haha Def noober to change, as I enjoy the game as it is.

Conclusion: if I were to be scanned, peeps just assume I am a depositing noob. Actually, that's very true. However I have more history in game throughout the years than most others in game, such as large society mergers for ollllld school LGs, I have some stories I could tell some of our current "ubers" :), but anywho, yes I have a lot of history in game, more than most others minus a handful. Of course there are other players that have more than me, Many have come and gone afterall. Regardless, does any of the above make me uber? nope. absolutely not. I am just another player that plays for my own reason and enjoyment. Once someone puts you on a pedestal of being "uber", then there are expectations of you, etc. I just play to play, like many others in this game.

Of course, there are those who relish the title 'Uber" of which I wont bother naming names, but I know you all can think of a few haha

Final points: Being "uber" is subjective. Some relish in the title, but really aren't (or could be, depending on your view point). Others aren't "uber" at all (skill wise), but provide a high level of information to newer players, or are role models for others in game to emulate due to their positive behavior and the way they present themselves. They just don't have the funds to deposit for better gear, so they sweat often or find other means of income. Regardless, they help others at the expense of their own game time.

FYI, THAT is my definition of an "Uber". Someone who plays the game for other's enjoyment, continuing to try and improve enjoyment of others at the expense of their own. I know of players that have less than 20k skillz that have been playing for a few years that do this, and I look up to them. That is "uber" to me, to set aside your own selfish gaming wants to help others improve theirs. Those of you who do this, are way better a person than I am as I could never do it. Good for you and continue your "uber" Status... Just to name a few I can readily think of:

Lefty... Syri... Kull...

TO BRING IT ALL HOME IN A FINAL STATEMENT: If you think of someone who is uber, you want to be around them, to hunt with them, pvp with them, just hang out and talk. I know I am right on this, as if we look at someone who is uber we "want to be like them", as was mentioned multiple times in this post. Those I like to be around are ones that help others because by extension, I know they are warm hearted, care for others at the expense of their own time, and are just down right decent people. The sad part of EU (and every other online MMORPG) is that we have to many assholes, because they can hide behind a keyboard. Show me a systemically decent person in game, I will show you an uber who you should hang around.

Sorry for the long message... just thought it was relevant as I don't think this side of being "Uber" was addressed....

GL all and HOF big

Last edited:
Compared to real life your talking about "class"

So being English, class is an emotive and important debate always. People have been known as peasant, commoner, proletariat, bourgeoisie, middle, upper class, aristocrat etc etc..

Recently in UK some uni did a study and split modern Britain into no less then NINE (i think) classes, a reflection on the complexity of modern society.

Here are some classes I recognize in EU.

Noob - Literally a new player with little clue, they ask stupid questions and don't stay that way for long, a few month maybe in the truest sense of the word. Though you can call me a noob and it will be fine, I'll understand your meaning, in a literal sense it wouldn't be accurate.

Low level active - Active doesn't mean they play every day :wise: It means that when they play, they are trying to work their way up. This class goes maybe to level 45-50 or whatever.

Low level inactive - This is in the same skill/gear bracket as above but they don't care where they are, what they do, they just like logging in, having fun, doing whatever. They are non competitive. They are the people some have been playing since old times but still in pixie with opalo and proud. Kudos to them.

Mid level - Fairly self explanatory, the person must have had a certain amount of "seriousness" to get there anyway, well established in game. This can go all the way up to uber really because the difference between mid and high level is probably not that important.

Investor Uber - This is an interesting and relatively modern class, it's when a player with serious IRL capital, decides he should be at the top of the game, and invests accordingly. You can make some fame and success like this but really, your name will never carry the same weight as those in the next class. Nor will skill and attributes be of the same caliber.

True Uber - The most famous names. You would be a top player in more than one profession, in terms of items you own, BP's, your tracker history.. etc.. I think if there is some doubt if your are in this list, then by default that means that your not in the list..

Side note: As for the really friendly helpful people, they are just really friendly and helpful :) I wouldn't put them in a class of their own.

So there you go :) just a bit of fun for me, not to be taken seriously

-kitch

My Definition
---------------

Noob = Still learning

Uber = Knows it all or at least significantly more then me

Divinity <---- Noob forever

Uber : Yet to meet one in game..

kid has the right idea

noob-pro.jpg

Uber are players who achieved something special due to skill and determination. Something most players can't, no matter how hard they try.

Like these few people with a lot of skills who never deposited anything, but reached high levels in crafting, hunting or mining.

Voted Useless Noob :p

The normal game play starts when you are at lvl 100 in Hit and Damige in that weapon you use.:wise:

I voted Useless Noob .

Hmm, i dont really agree with u.
im not lvl 100 in my main weapon and my highest lvl is 98.

And i think 250 health and about 60 evader and lvl 90 things starts to be more fun. but what is "normal game play"?

but in my book uber is not just skills/gear.. like kimmi in my book aint uber just because he had the money to buy his way to one of the most skilled players in game... ofc u have to work ur way to earn the title

Way to shit all over my upcoming LVL 50 in Ranged Laser DMG and Laser Sniper. :(

Way to shit all over my upcoming LVL 50 in Ranged Laser DMG and Laser Sniper. :(
Only if u imagined you will be uber when u get there...

There's a big truth in "Happy noob". When did ppl forget they don't need to get anywhere to be happy? ;)

I voted "medium", but I think that's in the lower spectra of medium players.

It's easy to call everyone who are less skilled than you noob, but one should remember that it actually takes a bit of time and dedication to even reach medium level.

According to that then I'm a noob as my highest is still in the 30's :laugh: and it's in a skill I don't use anymore as I switched to low level melee.

Do I care, not really. Long ago 50 would have been uber, a few years time 100 could be newbie.

But what's a week old player who's chipped if they're level 100?

who needs to be uber, I prefer having fun :D

most certainly a useless noob, what evader and paramedic can he expect to have 20 or even below 20.

If he/she levels up to level 50 several times and evader and paramedic start to get in that ranges id call it midlevel.

With skills its like with a chain, the weakest link is the status quo. So the question for the highest prof level is nonsense, the weakest relevant skill-level is the most meaningful!

Well isn't uber all relative? at lvl 1 a lvl 25 mentor is uber, when you get to 25 you don't think it is uber anymore lvl 75 is uber and pretty sure lvl75 players don't concider themselves uber because lvl120 is uber and lvl 120 really don't consider themselves uber they consider themselves as someone that deposited way to much money or spent way to much time playing or maybe both :D

Back