• Medium Level Player

Votes: 222 75.8%
  • Useless Noob

Votes: 56 19.1%

• Total voters

Fifth

Elite
The "Fifth" Entity
I get this weird feeling when i read another lvl 50 player speaking about himself as "fairly skilled" or "almost uber".
It wouldn't hurt to look at the big picture for a moment and put things on the scale:

prolevels_1-100_648675.jpg

Yes i know, many top level players have either left or are playing less lately, at the same time many new players have arrived.
Change of generations, it's easy to lose perspective. Aftrall, I can hunt spiders and prots with a good armor and that guy can't. Means, he's noob and i'm uber! Or maybe not? ;)

I for one would hate if EU would turn into a kindergarten of the cocky noobs.

Last edited:
so what does the diagram show ? :silly2: The average skill level of players?

So since you used my exact words, I am pointing to the thread where you wrote about this "level 50 fairly skilled player";

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?262088-80K-ATH-Claim

1st.

Please, show me where I wrote "almost uber" or where did you read this "almost uber".

2nd.

Define what you understand under the term; "fairly skilled"

3rd.

Check my tracker for mobs hunted, you're not the only one who can hunt proteron, the only difference is that I can hunt them in a more eco manner than you can, producing 0.00TT decay on armor and 0.00TT decay on FAP if hunting them ;)

GO FIGURE,...

so what does the diagram show ? :silly2: The average skill level of players?
First, made a skill export file with all skills at lvl 1.
Then used the Jdegre's chipping optimizer to find out how much would it cost to chip up to lvl 25...50...75...100 in Laser Sniper (hit).
So that's a comparison of skill values in PED for one profession only.

"fairly skilled"
is OK. It wasn't you who pissed me off (check your PM)... ;)

And.. there's another reason why i brought this up. Suppose everybody has heard about the "Level 50 Shock"?

When i reached lvl 50 i realized now i can hunt bigger mobs, bought Jaguar and started using my Adj Stark. Cutting down a herd of atrox like daikibas was fun fun fun! ...
Until i realized my costs are going through the roof.

Was too noob to figure out where i lost my money, what were my defensive costs wearing Jaguar at lvl 30-ish Evader and what's the eco of the non-SIB gun. It was right before VU 10, ppl had started using more eco weapons already...
So then the "hangover" kicked in. It was obvious i can't afford going the way i was, and leveling it down back to the smaller mobs seemed too frustrating. Didn't find the way out so i left, 2 years break...

When i came back i changed my perspective. I could hunt big stuff, bigger with every month as i skilled up, but that wasn't what it was all about. Since then, playing smart and staying afloat or eventually even making a small profit was the game. Usually i fail, but it only means i will change something and try it again.
Don't wanna say all other playstyles are wrong, it's just me, one way among many.

Happy hoffing! :)

Last edited:
I believe "medium" begins with Commando. Low-medium, that's it. 100 is high, and "uber" is something beyond 120, because "uber" by definition is something that's possible but almost unattainable. Doesn't make sense having dozens of "ubers" running around.

Most importantly, while the said levels are minimal qualifications, not the profession level makes "medium" or "uber" but the level of activity. If someone of lvl 100 can't hunt spiders due to lack of gear/bankroll, can he still be considered even medium? Dripping water wears away a stone, they say, and given enough time one probably can unlock commando with opalo, which won't automatically make him medium.

I know that at lvl 64 I won't get offended by "useless noob" title, because prots and spiders are indeed way beyond my reach :)

here we have it again, the uber noob discussion..

it is hard to find definitions in eu for this terms...

if i start playing today, deposit thousands of peds and chip up to lvl 120 am i uber?

if i hunt low level for years and make steady mu profit am i noob?

for me the pro standing alone says nothing about being noob or uber...

its more a combination of lvl, knowledge, gamplay skills and decisions...

I believe "medium" begins with Commando. Low-medium, that's it. 100 is high, and "uber" is something beyond 120, because "uber" by definition is something that's possible but almost unattainable. Doesn't make sense having dozens of "ubers" running around.
Hehe have to admit i really like this point of view.
Well maybe it's slightly more pious than the pope, but at least it should teach em cocky noobs a lesson they'll remember! :laugh:

must spread reputation... duh, that messsage again lol

The normal game play starts when you are at lvl 100 in Hit and Damige in that weapon you use.:wise:

I voted Useless Noob .

spiders are no big deal i hunt the little ones in nem 5b, hunting them in any armor solo in the dormant volcano on the other hand is uber as long as you are not avoiding the "uber" ones ;)

level 50 in one prof with a good 200+k skill is mid level in my eyes.

Useless.

lvl 50 in any prof is someone with more money than sense.

Useless.

What about the higher dps guns? It's fine that you have an opinion but just keep it to yourself to make Entropia a better Universe.

Useless.

what about a lvl 50 sweater? obviously not gained via purchase.
contrary to popular myth the sweat would not make him all that rich :)

Useless.

Several possible ways to explain this announcement:

First: Peezle is not even close to lvl 50 in any profession and feels bad about it. To avoid feeling bad he declares it's not worth achieving at all. Easy and elegant way to solve the problem. :tongue2:

Second: Peezle believes achieving anything in EU costs lot of money. Peezle is not alone in this belief, and definitely not far from truth.
However, there's ways to decrease the costs or even play for free for extended periods of time. (I refer to those who manage to skill up while playing without depo, not the opalo hunters and sweaters).
This, in fact, turns the above announcement against the announcer.

Third: Achieving anything in any MMO is useless. This is as fair an assessment as any other.
Then again, it isn't hard to prove that all other achievements in life are equally worthless... :smoke:

I would go as far as saying that the level and skill alone is not what qualifies one as uber or noob.

I have met some 200k+ skilled players who knew nothing about the basic mechanics of hunting.
Conversely, I have met many low skilled players who know the game quite well.

I am around 54 now, but If I hadn't cashed out higher prof a few years back I would be 90+.

I dont think it would mean I am back to noob status, or even you for that matter if you cashed out. You just have less to work with in skill but more to work with in knowledge.

Skills are only an indicator of time spent doing an activity, or money spent chipping in.

Since we can chip our skills in, skills alone can never dictate uber-ness.
We also can buy our gear to fit any mob we want at any level.
While most complain about the costs, few realize the benefit.

I don't consider someone uber for the mere fact they camped atrox for a few years longer than I have, or unlocked a special skill. It would have to come down to knowledge and playstyle, for me to really judge it.

Lastly, I had 60 some prof went down to nothing and built it back up.
Skills are not what everyone wants them to be. Where they count most, is unlocking the next tool.

In case of a hunter being an Uber is:

-Using much better than average gear
-Having much more than average avatar skills
-Having much more than average mouse/keyboard skills
-Having much more than average game knowledge

When any of the above 4 is missing: Not uber

-Being very helpful to other players is very nice and honorable, but won't make you uber when missing any of the 4 above.

Uber is someone that is better - in something - in the eyes of the observer.

Example, a 50 lvl player can be an Uber to a lvl 1 player, but a noob to a 200lvl player. Same as lvl150 can be a uber to lvl 50 player but a non-uber to a lvl200.

In case of a hunter being an Uber is:

-Using much better than average gear
-Having much more than average avatar skills
-Having much more than average mouse/keyboard skills
-Having much more than average game knowledge

When any of the above 4 is missing: Not uber

-Being very helpful to other players is very nice and honorable, but won't make you uber when missing any of the 4 above.
Yup, this. Though that's only your opinion, we don't all have the same standards for what an uber really is.

In my case I value knowledge more than a person's ped card. Just because he got 300k+ skills, 250 hp, shadow, mod merc (maxed) he still may be a noob to me. If he cannot profit. For instance I can profit and I don't have uber gear or skills. My options are limited of course, which makes it harder to profit.

To me an uber is someone who can make a profit of this game no matter their lvl (by that i don't mean reselling or trading). The lower the level the player is the more uber he/she is to my eyes. Knowledge is power. What's the point of having uber gear and skills if you still can't profit?

What's the point of having uber gear and skills if you still can't profit?

It's fun and some people don't need to profit.

What's the use of going fishing in your own nice boat towed with your own nice 4x4 with your own nice fishing gear when you can save money and buy some fish from the shop? because it's fun.

but i would say lvl 50 is lower than mid level now with all the ways to get skills which i think the original question is actually about.

When i first started and i'm sure many would of had the same experience an uber was just someone who had the cool gear, many skills and seemed to know the game and helped you out a lot, then as you grow and get better and get to know the people you thought were uber you realise they are just like you but played longer, if you actually talk to some that you think are uber they probably don't even look at themselves as uber.

Last edited:
Entropia Universe - Learning the uber lifestyle 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzMk6FOLHNQ

( At that time the avatars talk ) :)

This film shows everything that we miss the old world to the avatar could talk, good music as fitting into a new and mysterious world and the games atmosphere.

Last edited:
uber for me mean,
he or she who playing without anxious and having fun,
because of the knowledge he/she has conquered through playing the game and not chipping skills.
Getting full knowledge of Entropia is almost impossible,
so uber is a rare race.
LvL 50 is no near of an uber.
and I?
I'm still a newbie;)

P.S. money doesn't make you uber

Last edited:
Useless.

How did I miss this?
How much money a month is too much Peezle?

I am @ L60 blp and a few ticks away from L60 knifefighter on a 50dollar a month budget, I know there are players on lower budgets than me that are much higher skilled.

Seriously take a step back and re-assess that statement, how is profession level any indication of your personal finances? You can be a complete noob and throw Ks of dollars a month at the game fruitlessly, or you can be dirt poor in rl and grind your skills up consistently through hard work and patience without depositing at all.....

How did I miss this?

I am @ L60 blp and a few ticks away from L60 knifefighter on a 50dollar a month budget, I know there are players on lower budgets than me that are much higher skilled.

Seriously take a step back and re-assess that statement, how is profession level any indication of your personal finances? You can be a complete noob and throw Ks of dollars a month at the game fruitlessly, or you can be dirt poor in rl and grind your skills up consistently through hard work and patience without depositing at all.....

It is a basic refinement of all the messages given to all players since the game was envisaged... be mid level ( aka lvl 50 ) and you will be ok.

I know no other example of a worse corporate lie since the 1950's campaign to sell cigarettes based on the 'fact' ..."It makes you a better man"

To add to your last statement; what business made its money on people grinding for it? Does McDonalds sit back hoping others are making burgers out of their back yard? Does Michelin hope other people are retreading their tyres ( tires ) ?

Please, think of yourself as a businessman in a business environment, and judge yourself accordingly.

Don't be a coward, answer a direct question with a direct answer.

Useless.

what business made its money on people grinding for it?
I know that my boss grinds for the money he makes in his buisness and all of his employees grind for him as well.

(see a direct answer to a direct question, now answer my question in the same manner)

It is a basic refinement of all the messages given to all players since the game was envisaged... be mid level ( aka lvl 50 ) and you will be ok.
Many ppl have said the game changes after reaching lvl 70 and ofc there's this lvl 100 turning point that maxes the UL weapons.

This is the 1st time i hear about lvl 50 being a game changer thou. Unless u mean change for the worse? Noobs who still know nothing about the game can start using bigger weapons on bigger mobs and waste their peds faster?

See here is the thing, rich or poor, newb or goober, clever or stupid... you can do whatever the hell you like :) it depends on no one but yourself, no one else matters whatsoever.

If people stopped worrying about the noob that spends to much or the rich guy that blows heaps or the penny pinching anal spreadsheet must profit at all costs guy this place would be a better place to play.

level 20, 50, 70 who cares just get on with it and enjoy.

Uber - who uses to get uber loots!

I got an huge Uber loot (ATH) and that didnt mean that i wasnt noob...

So definition depends on the point of view, for me skills are just part of that equation!

After level 70 (level 72.5 in blp rifle now) I can say that I consider myself a bit uber.

It was 6+ years of play, three of them hardcore play almost every day! And a total depo above 75k ped!

Go talk with a WOW player and tell them that it toked you 6 years to unlock a certain skill (commando) in Entropia. I bet he will laugh on your face!

Does McDonalds sit back hoping others are making burgers out of their back yard? Does Michelin hope other people are retreading their tyres ( tires ) ?

No but oscar mayer hopes people make hotdogs in the back yard.
And Fix-A-Flat sells canned tire repairs, they also hope you repair your tires in your backyard.

Besides your comparing virtual gaming to eating fast food and working on your car? really? oh I forgot you don't even believe wood based paper products have less of a footprint now in the digital age.

All bullshit aside do you even like computers? and computer gaming?

Imo, a player with level 50 in his higest profession is still a bit below medium player, but far from noob.
Can't vote on that. ;)

Back