Help: Best way to make basic pigment enhancers

Johnny Walker

Mature
Johnny Bitcoin Walker
Ok, just a quick question and i hope one of you uber designers, painters and texture's can lend me a hand.

I am on a serious mission to paint an entire armor set solid black using black paint. In doing so i am going to need about 900 Basic Pigment Enhancers per armor piece. With the current market trend, i am finding black paint cans 100 times faster than i am finding basic pigment enhancers. So what i need to do now is make basic pigment enhancers.

I am already aware that you get basic pigment enhancers from using paint that is above your skill level. But what i need to know is if anyone has a good forumla / method for getting high returns of basic pigment enhancers and if they can outline that process a little bit for me so i am not wasting a ton of ped trying to find the best way / combination to get them.

Thank you.

P.S. to avoid dozens of un-needed posts. I am aware that you can get a black look with tirak texture, or with nusul and olive paint. I DO NOT WANT THIS LOOK AS THEY BOTH HAVE TEXTURE and i want a smooth shiney finish. So please spare me a list of methods to get a black "look" I solely want to know if anyone has a good method for getting basic pigment enhancers and thats all.

It's likely to be cheaper to just buy full Shadow.

It's likely to be cheaper to just buy full Shadow.

^ you can add that to the list of things i dont care about.

Maybe i wasnt clear. I AM LOOKING FOR WAYS TO MAKE BASIC PIGMENT ENHANCERS NOT YOUR OPINIONS ON WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD DO INSTEAD.

Before you get too deep into this, you should know that if you do succeed in painting a full set of armor black, when it comes time to sell it, you likely won't be able to sell it for anywhere near what it cost you.

Before you get too deep into this, you should know that if you do succeed in painting a full set of armor black, when it comes time to sell it, you likely won't be able to sell it for anywhere near what it cost you.

^ you can also add that to the list of things i could not care less about. I am not looking for your opinions people. this thread is for help on making basic pigment enhancers and nothing else. I will own this armor until the day MA goes bankrupt.

Ok, just a quick question and i hope one of you uber designers, painters and texture's can lend me a hand.

I am on a serious mission to paint an entire armor set solid black using black paint. In doing so i am going to need about 900 Basic Pigment Enhancers per armor piece. With the current market trend, i am finding black paint cans 100 times faster than i am finding basic pigment enhancers. So what i need to do now is make basic pigment enhancers.

I am already aware that you get basic pigment enhancers from using paint that is above your skill level. But what i need to know is if anyone has a good forumla / method for getting high returns of basic pigment enhancers and if they can outline that process a little bit for me so i am not wasting a ton of ped trying to find the best way / combination to get them.

Thank you.

P.S. to avoid dozens of un-needed posts. I am aware that you can get a black look with tirak texture, or with nusul and olive paint. I DO NOT WANT THIS LOOK AS THEY BOTH HAVE TEXTURE and i want a smooth shiney finish. So please spare me a list of methods to get a black "look" I solely want to know if anyone has a good method for getting basic pigment enhancers and thats all.

My advise is: probably it is better to buy it (price are really low)

Didn't really took much notes on how much I got but even when the price was at 5 PED per enhancer
and selling the skills I got
it wasn't really worth it unless you had a steady good buyer for them and even so it was very time consuming

Never got more than 1 per try.
Not sure if you burn more than 2 PED of paint per try that it would change.

Things might have changed since it has passed a few years since then.

Also there is a chance that a new colorable armor to appear,
a disciple of mine says that it was on the new player starter area an armor that currently doesn't exists ingame, by the pics I saw it probably will have some decent stats and a nice helmet.
So being patient on the collection task might give you a better armor in the end.

My advise is: probably it is better to buy it (price are really low)

Didn't really took much notes on how much I got but even when the price was at 5 PED per enhancer
and selling the skills I got
it wasn't really worth it unless you had a steady good buyer for them and even so it was very time consuming

Never got more than 1 per try.
Not sure if you burn more than 2 PED of paint per try that it would change.

Things might have changed since it has passed a few years since then.

Also there is a chance that a new colorable armor to appear,
a disciple of mine says that it was on the new player starter area an armor that currently doesn't exists ingame, by the pics I saw it probably will have some decent stats and a nice helmet.
So being patient on the collection task might give you a better armor in the end.

Hey, thanks, Although i already have the armor, and have been paying out the butt for tiering on it so i am pretty much dedicated to that set. Again the problem is that i am finding black paint 100 times faster than enhancers and nobody ever has more than 1 or two enhancers to sell. so needing 900 of them it would take me a decade to gather them all for just one piece of armor. not to mention 900 per piece, so i am left having to make them myself. Ped isnt the issue, never has been. the issue is getting enough Pigment Enhancers.

When you paint things with way too much paint it gives pigment enhancers, same with textures giving texture enhancers. Max you can use is 1k paint units. Possible it may matter what tt value the paint has too so orange paint may not work the best. Not done this in a few years though so maybe doesn't work any more.

When you paint things with way too much paint it gives pigment enhancers, same with textures giving texture enhancers. Max you can use is 1k paint units. Possible it may matter what tt value the paint has too so orange paint may not work the best. Not done this in a few years though so maybe doesn't work any more.

Thanks Talania

You get pigment enhancers semi-randomly based on the tt of paint burned. Add me in game, hijacker hijacker27 inferno and I can help you out.

You get pigment enhancers semi-randomly based on the tt of paint burned. Add me in game, hijacker hijacker27 inferno and I can help you out.

Thanks Hijacker, i am mobile right now, but i will send you an add when i log in tomorrow.

:lolup: what he said!

it is random but with more tt value you get a higher chance of getting a pigment enhancer

you can get one with 100 orange, but with 1k orange it is a little bit more likely, with 1k green even more likely, using 1k deep cad quite often give one ... etc

but there was never be more than one looted with a click.

oh, almost forgot .. I once tried with a non coloring friend and gave him same amount orange than I used and we both clicked it away .. he got less pigment enhancers than me .. so using paint above your skill level does not help :eyecrazy:

Make a buying thread here ig you havent already. Aldo list orders in auction

^ you can add that to the list of things i dont care about.

Maybe i wasnt clear. I AM LOOKING FOR WAYS TO MAKE BASIC PIGMENT ENHANCERS NOT YOUR OPINIONS ON WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD DO INSTEAD.

you are asking questions on public forums, you do not control whats others say in reply.

6c546b0a11e5cfdb618c31ab06fbb7b2265dd8a657bfae82c0cfe9ea79bcb21c.jpg

now get every color of paint with low mu and start coloring books.

you are asking questions on public forums, you do not control whats others say in reply.

6c546b0a11e5cfdb618c31ab06fbb7b2265dd8a657bfae82c0cfe9ea79bcb21c.jpg

now get every color of paint with low mu and start coloring books.

CAPS LOCK​

Very necessary when people don't listen or read, and the OP needs to re-enforce is original post.

here is a question for the masses.

What is the lowest number of paint cans you have used and received an enhancer?

CAPS LOCK​

Very necessary when people don't listen or read, and the OP needs to re-enforce is original post.

The people you decided to lay into for offering comments were telling you that it is cheaper to buy full shadow or tiarak etc because enhancers are difficult and expensive to get... which is what you would get from their posts if you took a step back, pull the panties out of your bum, and read a post without being wound up.

You'll get more flies with honey than horse shit... so stop being an ass.

Just buy them.. create orders etc. Fishing for them will be very expensive unless you are also leveling coloring.

I recommend allowing the community to give you some advice. Your coloring project won't turn out the way you want it, and most of the people you've been censoring and shouting at are people who actually know about this stuff. I also recommend getting some game play under your belt before committing to a project like this. You haven't said which armor you're using but the only decent-looking colorable armor are the RT armors which each have 3 colorable fields (e.g. jarhead). Hoplite only colors the bands, not the entire item and the couple other C armors are L.

Some quick calculations: To color a set of jarhead black you'll need 6783 black paint cans plus at least 5250 pigment enhancers.

That would put total cost:

Colorer fees: 35 ped x 7 = 245
Paint cost (final cost to you):
@120%: 100 ped per field x 3 fields x 7 = 2100
@150%: 200 ped per field x 3 fields x 7 = 4200
@200%: 355 ped per field x 3 fields x 7 = 7455
Enhancer cost: 2 ped x 5250 = 10500

Total cost is at least 15k ped, not including the texture you'll need to get the "glossy" look you want. Realistically, you'll have to raise the MU to get enough black paint cans (120% will not do it). It's not simply a matter of having the cash, as you're finding out, it's finding enough materials to do the job.

The good news is that after coloring your first piece you will realize that the black color doesn't look the way you want with the white/gray/black tones already built into the armor, and that piece will only have cost you 2135 ped to color. The remaining 6 pieces will only cost you 540 ped total to color black with tiarak plus a certain paint color.

Another note, you will spend more if you try to obtain the enhancers yourself by looting them rather than buying them, though you will have lots of coloring skills to sell at the end.

Last edited:
Is it not use one typ of low level armor that you can color? Or have they added more?

I recommend allowing the community to give you some advice. Your coloring project won't turn out the way you want it, and most of the people you've been censoring and shouting at are people who actually know about this stuff. I also recommend getting some game play under your belt before committing to a project like this. You haven't said which armor you're using but the only decent-looking colorable armor are the RT armors which each have 3 colorable fields (e.g. jarhead). Hoplite only colors the bands, not the entire item and the couple other C armors are L.

Some quick calculations: To color a set of jarhead black you'll need 6783 black paint cans plus at least 5250 pigment enhancers.

That would put total cost:

Colorer fees: 35 ped x 7 = 245
Paint cost (final cost to you):
@120%: 100 ped per field x 3 fields x 7 = 2100
@150%: 200 ped per field x 3 fields x 7 = 4200
@200%: 355 ped per field x 3 fields x 7 = 7455
Enhancer cost: 2 ped x 5250 = 10500

Total cost is at least 15k ped, not including the texture you'll need to get the "glossy" look you want. Realistically, you'll have to raise the MU to get enough black paint cans (120% will not do it). It's not simply a matter of having the cash, as you're finding out, it's finding enough materials to do the job.

The good news is that after coloring your first piece you will realize that the black color doesn't look the way you want with the white/gray/black tones already built into the armor, and that piece will only have cost you 2135 ped to color. The remaining 6 pieces will only cost you 540 ped total to color black with tiarak plus a certain paint color.

Another note, you will spend more if you try to obtain the enhancers yourself by looting them rather than buying them, though you will have lots of coloring skills to sell at the end.

^^ One more to add to the i dont give a crap pile. I've already checked out the end color result. so let me clarify one more time.

THIS IS A "THE BEST WAY TO GET PIGMENT ENHANCERS FROM BURNING UP PAINT" THREAD, NOT A HERES MY OPINION ON BLACK PAINT COLORS THREAD.

Thank you to all who have contributed your theories on the best way to do it so far, i have burned through a bit of paint trying some of your theories out and have not found the magic solution yet. But by the end of it all, i guess i will have it figured out.

Just buy a lot of low markup color and color each field with like 500 cans or something like that and repeat until you get sick of it.

when you do come to a conclusion, I would appreciate the knowledge, if your willing to share.:wise:

I dont know what it is about asking a odd ball question that gets the technical minded players trying to talk you out of it.. I met so many of them on my sweat my way to a cld campaign.

perhaps whoever has the "key" to the pigment factory is staying mum. it seems the majority just throw paint at a object and hope random roll hooks them up :dunce: maybe thats how it works, maybe tt or quantity helps. maybe nobody really knows :scratch2:

Just buy a lot of low markup color and color each field with like 500 cans or something like that and repeat until you get sick of it.

Amen Billairboy, Thats what i am doing at the moment and charting results. Going great for the skills although i have no use for them. Maybe i'll donate them to LeeLoo in the end so she can get closer to doing black paint without needing enhancers.

Back