BAD - Battle Arena Deeds

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
MA has announced their plan to introduce 200,000 Battle Arena Deeds in 2015 for 100 PED each for a combined total of 2million US Dollars. Holders of these deeds will get a share of revenue from these arenas.

This new feature must be a substantial thing if MA thinks they can get 2 million USD for it all. It has potential, especially since they mention that there will be a mobile app specifically for this... So that will turn into a whole new game itself, opening up a whole new mobile market for EU.

Here is the info:

[h=4]Creature Control System Stage 1 - (Planned for June 2014 Release)[/h]
You may already be aware of a new feature introduced not long ago which allows officials and planet partners to control various creatures during special events. This system will be extended to participants in the form of Creature Control Capsules, consumable items that will allow you to transform your avatar into a specific creature for a limited time. This fun feature will be made available exclusively through the loot system, and will be monitored closely to prevent abuse.

[h=3]Taming Stage 1 - (Planned for Autumn 2014 Release)[/h] Some of you will be happy to hear that we plan to (finally) reintroduce Taming to Entropia Universe. In the first stage the core functionality will be quite similar to the original taming system, with added improvements to usability and fun-factor. Initially, pets will be to able accompany your avatar in its Entropia Universe travels, with more pet abilities and features planned for later stages (see below).

[h=3]Taming Stage 2 - (Planned for Late 2014 / Early 2015 Release)[/h] In this stage it is planned to implement additional skill-based taming abilities which will expand the capabilities of tamed creatures beyond the pre-VU10 taming system. In addition, a limited number of stables will be made available that will fulfill various roles within the taming system such as stabling, feeding, expert training, trading and more.

[h=3]Creature Control System Stage 2 - (Planned for Winter 2014 Release)[/h] Through a new Battle Octagon interface, your avatar will be able to control various creatures and challenge other avatars to battle in special CCS octagons. With lots of options for attack and defense customisation, each battle promises to be unique and exciting, especially considering the possibility of creatures and robots from different planets engaging in reckless combat against one another!

[h=3]Taming Stage 3 - (Planned for Early 2015 Release)[/h] Battle Arenas will be introduced which will allow tamed creatures to battle one another. Each battle will be unique, with a wide range of offensive and defensive pet buffs and upgrades along with customisable attack and defense profiles.

[h=3]Web-Based Battle Arena - (Planned for Early 2015 Release)[/h] A web-based Battle Arena game is planned for early 2015. The game will be developed as a cross-platform solution available on the web and for mobile devices, and will have direct ties to the Entropia Universe taming! system. Players will have the opportunity to acquire, upgrade and customise their pets for battle against the pets of others.

Entropia Universe participants will have the ability to acquire Battle Arena Deeds and share in the revenue and excitement of the Battle Arena action. 200,000 Battle Arena Deeds will be offered via the Entropia Universe in-game auction and upcoming webshop at 100 PED each. Revenues generated from the Battle Arena Deed offering will be used exclusively for Battle Arena development and marketing. More detailed information about the Battle Arena Deeds will be made available very soon.

Regards,

David Simmonds
CEO MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

Thoughts?

As far as I know, at the time of this post, Arkadia hasn't finished selling their AUD yet.

Last edited:
They should make them 50PED (5$) and 400 000. If playable via mobile device, there are a lot of people out there spending $5 for joining a game, 10$ not so much. See all the f2p p4w games. If people get hooked thay would want more and turn into the EU game itself. Great approach for the game.

I'm curious how it'll turn out, it seems there are way too many deeds for such a small player base. :confused:

I can tell that this is a BAD idea. 2 Million USD price tag for this BAD idea is doomed to fail, unless they really make it worthwhile to participate in these battle arenas, like prizes for most wins, tournaments etc (similar to merry mayhem). Because it will get boring after like a month, like anything else that's new. After the hype is gone, they really need to attract and give a reason other than the "fun aspect". For players to waste their money there since its PvP = 0% return.
I mean just look at planet cyrene, they tried the PvP thingy with the hub and its basically dead.

Creature Control System Stage 2 - (Planned for Winter 2014 Release)

Im not sure when its Winter in sweden, but in Denmark our Winter 2014 is long gone.

i wouldnt take the seasons or the years they mention to serious. This is more kind of the plans for the future, now its up to us to speculate.

They are actually valuing the Arena at $4M USD since only 50% of the revenue goes to the deed older ( I would assume its like the CLD)

This is something really interesting and seems that will run ingame with a external connection to a website and app.
Someone made a reference to a pokemon fight, and it could be running the say way.
Most of us are already used to web based games like the old "Travian" and "hattrick" and it seemed to work great.
I just hope this app works, and can connect to server unlike the existing Entropia app for android.

This is really exiting news, way to go MA :)

Im not sure when its Winter in sweden, but in Denmark our Winter 2014 is long gone.

The one that is gone is 2013!
Winter in Denmark starts in December

But I do know what you mean :)

I'm curious how it'll turn out, it seems there are way too many deeds for such a small player base. :confused:

They never say that the would sell the all at ones. Like the AUD system, the sell as many as their are buyers, if they only sell 20 % of them the first month, fine. They can keep selling them for 10 years. The price sounds a bit high, but hard to tell before we know exactly how it looks like and how it function. The arena will probably be accessible from all planets so it will not be like a land area that are only on one planet.

The arena will probably be accessible from all planets so it will not be like a land area that are only on one planet.

Good point!
The pictures seems almost like the PVP arena at Twins, I wonder if it will just be in Caly or arenas in all planets.

Edit: Right winter 2013 has ended, not winter 2014 :scratch2:

They never say that the would sell the all at ones. Like the AUD system, the sell as many as their are buyers, if they only sell 20 % of them the first month, fine. They can keep selling them for 10 years. The price sounds a bit high, but hard to tell before we know exactly how it looks like and how it function. The arena will probably be accessible from all planets so it will not be like a land area that are only on one planet.

In terms of a short term economic impact, my concern is how much money all these deeds soak up. Most players have a finite amount in which they can deposit on a regular basis and when they use that money for deeds, and not game play, it's like borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. Yes it will increase deposits overall but also it will soak up available funds that otherwise would have gone toward the purchase of items or for game play.

At some point Rocktropia, Cyrene, and Toulan all will want to sell deeds too. In order to facilitate that, I think we need a larger player base, which means we need another big advertising campaign.

At some point Rocktropia, Cyrene, and Toulan all will want to sell deeds too. In order to facilitate that, I think we need a larger player base, which means we need another big advertising campaign.

I can agree a bit on that. The CLD is better compared to the AUD system, because it the case of the CLD the revenue it taken from the planet partner and payed to the players, in the AUD system the revenue is taken/taxed from other players. I prefer a system that is transferring money from the planet partners/MA to the players instead of just moving money from one player to an other player.

image.jpg

BAD - Battle Arena Deeds

I know, I saw the post....

The problem with all these deeds is it drains the liquid Ped badly and slows the economy. Too much money tied up in CLDs and AUDs already. Suckling $2 million more out of the coffers will slow the economy even more. Don't think it's a great idea.

BAD - Battle Arena Deeds

I know, I saw the post....

Hey Bad :)

If loot isn't bad and you can afford it, it probably wouldn't be bad to buy a bunch of BAD as long as the ROI isnt too bad.

Ok ill stop.

The problem with all these deeds is it drains the liquid Ped badly and slows the economy. Too much money tied up in CLDs and AUDs already. Suckling $2 million more out of the coffers will slow the economy even more. Don't think it's a great idea.

Eventually Entropia will be a bunch of players sitting on a bunch of deeds waiting for someone else to cause some decay.

Makes me wonder if pet handling in New Taming (TM) will even have a skill requirement for different classes of pets like old taming did. It would seem difficult to reconcile that with the separate web game / battle area, etc. involving fighting pets.

Also makes me wonder if the deeds are coming soon (where did you get the ETA?) and the CLD price crash is due to the inside traders with privileged information freeing up their PEDs for the next big investment. Shame on you MA for giving me so much reason for turning into a person who is willing to believe conspiracy theories like that.

Hmmmmm....first CLD, then AUD and now BAD? If you ask me...where are all these gonna be heading? How does BAD even generate these "supposed" revenue? From the "decay" of people fighting in there? Would people even want to be battling in those arenas? Would they be playing in those arenas for "free" or do they have to "pay to play"? Would they end up becoming a pretty flower vase (*cough* fort *cough*)?

So many uncertainties and unknowns.

And just on hindsight...

Supposedly, if the amount of "liquid" peds we players have within the game decides how "functional" the EU economy is, then isn't this current trend of things "bad", in a sense?

Before CLDsCLDs IntroducedAUDs IntroducedBADs Introduced
:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:
:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:
:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:?

With a depleted "lootpool", how is the game even gonna be paying out loots to us when we play the game (hunting, mining and crafting)? Or do you seriously think that people are gonna be buying those with "deposited" money?

web based arena sounds interesting... wonder they'll try to integrate it with facebook, consoles, or smart tvs? If so, it has potential... sort of a Tamagotchi mixed with facebook type games? If it takes off like Farmville, Marvel: Avenger's Alliance, and Bejeweled, etc. on facebook, it has potential. However, I don't see any mention of facebook anywhere in the release... so uh, could just be another Mindark flop in progress?

Here in the USA some companies that have successfully gotten off the ground via crowdfunding manage to make news headlines in one way or another. Often times we are talking about amounts in the tens of thousands of dollars.

MA is missing an opportunity here.

If we stop and think about what CLD, AUD, BAD, etc are, they essentially are crowdfunding.

Mindark might not have even realized this but they have managed to pioneer their own internal crowdfunding platform with amounts in the millions of dollars. Millions.... not thousands.

MA should figure out a way to insert that into the news cycles some how.

Last edited:
Okay this has some interesting potential

If web based can you view games played via web in game? And vice versa

If successful will they keep entropia universe going? Or develop this further.

So ingame skills will have no value in the use of this game?

Seems to be more a game in a game, Im not sure how this will pan out. Can the servers even handle the extra stress :laugh:

Seems to be more a game in a game, Im not sure how this will pan out. Can the servers even handle the extra stress :laugh:

It think "game in a game" things is helpful too make the overall game more fun and also helpful to increase the awareness of and interest in the Entropia Universe.

I can tell that this is a BAD idea. 2 Million USD price tag for this BAD idea is doomed to fail, unless they really make it worthwhile to participate in these battle arenas, like prizes for most wins, tournaments etc (similar to merry mayhem). Because it will get boring after like a month, like anything else that's new. After the hype is gone, they really need to attract and give a reason other than the "fun aspect". For players to waste their money there since its PvP = 0% return.
I mean just look at planet cyrene, they tried the PvP thingy with the hub and its basically dead.

You can be right if nothing in term of skills is added with this new feature,
but I guess (or hope) some new related skills will be introduced. At least a new profession.
Anyway, get skills for skills can become boring or out of interest after a while,
unless they give us a "caroot" skill which gives HP.

Btw, the BAD and Taming features are exclusive Calypso features, or Universe-wide ?

Also makes me wonder if the deeds are coming soon (where did you get the ETA?) and the CLD price crash is due to the inside traders with privileged information freeing up their PEDs for the next big investment. Shame on you MA for giving me so much reason for turning into a person who is willing to believe conspiracy theories like that.

;)

web based arena sounds interesting... wonder they'll try to integrate it with facebook, consoles, or smart tvs? If so, it has potential... sort of a Tamagotchi mixed with facebook type games? If it takes off like Farmville, Marvel: Avenger's Alliance, and Bejeweled, etc. on facebook, it has potential. However, I don't see any mention of facebook anywhere in the release... so uh, could just be another Mindark flop in progress?

yay who doesent want a tamed vixen tamagotchi for the phone :lolup::eyecrazy:

Back