BAD - Battle Arena Deeds

My first thought was; just $2 million... I thought Asians and kids love things like this... well more revenue for me

The problem with all these deeds is it drains the liquid Ped badly and slows the economy. Too much money tied up in CLDs and AUDs already. Suckling $2 million more out of the coffers will slow the economy even more. Don't think it's a great idea.

Exactly. Its my gaming budget, doesn't matter if it is a gun or armor part or ammo or AUD or CLD I buy. Buy more of one, buy less of the others.

MA only wants equity infused into entropia or we say money infused. Entry level players and players with limited RL income must be cautious with new BAD deeds as they can be bad investment like AUD... With players with zeal to invest, go away and buy bunch of Deeds you can afford.

In terms of a short term economic impact, my concern is how much money all these deeds soak up. Most players have a finite amount in which they can deposit on a regular basis and when they use that money for deeds, and not game play, it's like borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. Yes it will increase deposits overall but also it will soak up available funds that otherwise would have gone toward the purchase of items or for game play.

At some point Rocktropia, Cyrene, and Toulan all will want to sell deeds too. In order to facilitate that, I think we need a larger player base, which means we need another big advertising campaign.

I agree about it soaking up available funds from players, however if the system is good enough (and it'll have to be if they're gonna squeeze us for 2 million USD in deeds) the frenzy of players buying taming supplies (let's hope the old ones still work) might compensate for the "ped drain". Or not, time will tell :)

Mobile and/or web minigame would be much easier for a lot of people to play and could increase the base. Lots of people running tablets now that only play web games.

Gotta catch em´all!

I for one welcome our new Pokemon overlords. Or, on a more serious note, anything that has a potential of keeping kids away from places I frequent.

As for "BADs siphoning PEDs away from producing decay", I'm not so sure. Anyone who wants to spend his time counting his ill-gotten energy tokens already has two options to do so.

Also, I hope MA will think about abbreviations before introducing Special High Income Treasures.

So if there will be battle arenas on calypso, won't we automatically get income from it through CLD?
Or will they hollow out the meaning of CLD, excluding this new content, so that BAD may sell?

Conflict of Deeds???

So if there will be battle arenas on calypso, won't we automatically get income from it through CLD?
Or will they hollow out the meaning of CLD, excluding this new content, so that BAD may sell?

Conflict of Deeds???

Well, if cld don't get any from it, neither does planet owners. So why would they care about having battle areas on their planet then? Could be some sort of instance, and universal thing tho, which I think is most likely. Meaning nothing for cld. All for Mindark and BAD.

Conflict of Deeds???

Thats a really good question.

Hmmmm...Maybe...

Yes..

I think MA should rethink the name a little.

Oops :laugh:

P(ets) I(n) S(ervice) S(tocks)? P(ets) O(ffering) O(ffensive) P(otential) Deeds?

Brick

Dont forget CLD income based in Calypso Avatar Decay

If BAD give some way in decay probably its help CLD TO

Another point depend if MA can apply this concept in Mobile/Web/Facebook App
and how its work with our economy
if its not become clear or at last viable i see others stupid money grab

Conflict of Deeds???

Isn't CLD income based only on the Eudoria Continent?

Apparently each planet will get its own Battle arena. So in essence, the ROI on the BAD deeds will be from all the PPs. It makes sense that if each planet has players using the arenas the ROI should be better than just one planet. I guess the concern is whether they expect to attract enough depositing players to fund this venture.
Sucking 2 million dollars from the economy will effect the playing of the playerbase, unless they know something we dont know and our playerbase is about to be massively expanded. I had expected there to be an influx from Toulan of the untapped wealthy Jordan market, but Toulan hasnt moved very fast as yet.
Entropia Universe is still not well known amongst gamers internationally. On one MMO website, where EU had a thread, most feedback was from people who refused to play on the basis that there is little you can do without steady PED flow.
I think MA needs to expand activities players can do that doesnt need Ped or help with creating jobs within game, which allow players to earn Ped from other players. If players can earn Ped in interesting ways and get to spend it and play more, retention may improve.

Yeah, I was guessing that we were just getting returns from the land that will be ours to own 'one day' and not from the other Land Area owners.

That is a valid point, that I never thought of!

If pets used by web-based players need to come from EU tamers/trainers this could have a huge impact on everything in game. A new profession springing to life almost over night, economic impacts on loots and crafting connected to taming and/or training and exposure to a whole new range of potential players that might find out about the game via this new effort and be enticed to come try to get involved creating the mobs instead of just fighting them. Got no idea if that is how it will be set up..but time will tell :) I see interesting possibilities in any case. Trying not to get TOO hopeful but willing to wait and see how it shakes out at least :)

The success and failure of EU in the future will be dependent on creating additional revenue streams (inputs) from outside of the player base. As this game is a giant money cycler, if only deposits increase the overall loot pool, then all those who withdraw put stress on the house of cards.

Ad revenue from the virtual tycoon (which they don't have atm), side games that integrate with the real game (perhaps these pets) that have the freemium aspect with social media games, ingame advertising, free ped offers (which I thought they were going to do), Entropia Universe brand credit cards, platform sales, renting out the castle to college fraternities, pimping Kim out in the phillipines, and the like are all things that would increase loot pools irrespective of the activity, cycling, and deposits of the player base.

Q. Will there be regular statements of revenue share earnings?
A. Yes. Every six months, audited figures will be presented on MindArk’s website (www.MindArk.com) so that deedholders can verify their revenue share payouts. In addition, a dedicated web page will be made available where deedholders can check their weekly payments, and will include an ROI calculator.

Where is the link?

And the revenue from FOMA, Crystal Palace and Monria included in the CLD payouts, any official statement about this on MA site?

Back