Help: 2 fps when Looking in a certain direction!

WildChild

Dominant
Society
Global Alliance
Alexi WildChild Sonna
Hello!

So, I used to own a GTX 570 and I played entropia on High settings, Now, since its about THAT time of year when I upgrade my computer, I bought myself an GTX 780. When I log in and look at a certain direction (different every time I log on) I get 2fps, Look away and its fine (on ultra settings). Is this my processor bottlenecking? (Shouldnt be, since it ran the game perfectly on high with the 570)

i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
GTX 780
8gb 1600mhz Ram
Entropa on an Intel SSD

Going to buy the 3770k next month, but I hope the lag wont continue

There are some things that changed ingame. I realized server stability is better, but if I use something (I.E. skills window / tool) that I haven't used in a bit, I get a lagspike.

Maybe that's the same when you turn your avatar. I got it some times as well with my nvidia gtx 550ti

Good point, But its not like that, If I keep it where I get the lags, the fps will be steady at 2.

ive had the same problem in at least 2 different areas ingame for the last year..

for example I run North with no lag at all, I turn and try to run back South and its so laggy, avatar jumping around all over the place.

both of these areas have "stuff" in the sky.. oshiri hearts and fort troy, problems with lag when facing this

Open up Options, go to Advanced, and try to set Volumetric Effects Quality to Low or Safe Mode and see if that helps.

I suggest you run draw distance on medium/low at those areas, certain areas are just too damn badly optimized, and that includes all planets.

Also helps to lower settings of volumetric effects (clouds).

I have had to run on safe mode all the time for the last few months.. every option as low as it goes.

It doesn't bother me much, I only posted to show OP wasn't the only 1 with low FPS in certain direction

been like that for a while, I'm running dual liquid cooled overclocked GTX 580's, not quite cutting edge, but more than plenty. I get this especially anywhere near minopolis, ranging even as far as camp caravan, from anywhere in there, if I look towards Minopolis, insane fps loss, and it gets worse the longer in area. But there also has been an odd memory leak going on as well for quite some time. running 32G ram can suddenly be surged in EU and maxed, which normally even under full load never breaks 8gb. other areas seem to be the same, no clue whats actually going on. only resolve is to just relog, and then get a while of normal run time till it stutters to a halt.

Will try the draw-distance thingy and report back!

Looking at the video, I would be willing to bet your sleipnir has a wacky texture.

There are a few textures that really hose gfx still, and a couple of items like tombletoss that causes crazy processing on my cards.

Any kind of behaviors like this I found to be related to a badly optimized texture or item.

The other thought is the fog in the distance toward the volcano, fog can do funky things to some cards.

i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
GTX 780
8gb 1600mhz Ram
Entropa on an Intel SSD

i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz
MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC
16gb 1866mhz Ram
Entropia on an Samsung SSD

All settings on Max. no problems at all except the usual and very annoying event ctd's ;)

Looking at the video, I would be willing to bet your sleipnir has a wacky texture.

There are a few textures that really hose gfx still, and a couple of items like tombletoss that causes crazy processing on my cards.

Any kind of behaviors like this I found to be related to a badly optimized texture or item.

The other thought is the fog in the distance toward the volcano, fog can do funky things to some cards.

Happens with or without the sleip, Could be the fog but sometimes there arent any fog where I get the lags.

i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz
MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC
16gb 1866mhz Ram
Entropia on an Samsung SSD

All settings on Max. no problems at all except the usual and very annoying event ctd's ;)

Showoff ; )

It happened to me the other day at boreas tp only when looking at a certain direction too. At first I thought it was the sweaters group but after i run forward it didn't stop.

I think it should server related (troy server).

This on good desktop computer, aprox. 6 months old.

Nothing surprises me anymore since at moment I can't even add a new friend on my game friend list.

You get that even on a high end graphics card, GTX690.

Draw distance is what solves it for me, turn it down and all is fine.

Yeah. My guess is:
- The fog in the valley.
- Smoke from sleipnir Engines.

Yeah. My guess is:
- The fog in the valley.
- Smoke from sleipnir Engines.

I'd say it's not the fog, as I get this without there are any fog

And stated earlier, Game runs smooth with sleipner fumes

Had this, but a relog always fixed it for me... I see you just had relogged in this video, so hmmmm :scratch2:

Had this, but a relog always fixed it for me... I see you just had relogged in this video, so hmmmm :scratch2:

Clearing the client's shader cache helps too.

Did you try to set Volumetric to low? In the begining of your video I think
there are some volumetric clouds.

Can the players that experienced this tell me if it was only on Fort Troy server?

(I got this only at Boreas tp, that is part of F. Troy server...)

Just throwing out an idea: When VU10 was launched, stray rockets (that remained) would make the client halt (fps-wise).

Good inputs,

1. Yes, Fresh relog to prove that it happens no matter if I relog or not
2. Cleared the cache, no change
3. Lowered the Draw distance, no change
3. Get it no matter where I am

Getting on my nerves..

I've had this problem in the past mostly in instances/domes/caves.

Locking my vsync in the ingame options menu fixed the problem

It's only me that keep having this annoying issue when at Boreas hunting Kerberos???

It's only on a certain direction (when facing North i guess) that this happen! I need to keep rotating the cam so i can proceed with my hunt as intended.

It's bloody annoying!

I have recently begun experiencing this problem. No problems with my 1GB HD5770, but now my 4GB R9 has lag, very slow frame rate and non-rendering of textures only when facing a certain direction (usually spread over about 90 degrees). Happens at different locations.

Seems to be tied to 'Object Quality' setting - can run perfectly smooth with all other settings maxed out and Object Quality on low. As soon as Object Quality is set to medium problem occurs.

Any ideas?

look at the ground. Sometimes when lag hits bigtime, I've noticed that if you look at the ground in first person lag will subside a bit... mainly I think that this is because there is less strain on the system in rendering just what's below avatar's feet rather than an entire landscape full of stuff.

This has nothing to do with the load on the gpu caused by a rich/intense scene. It is just the ground quality setting that is bugged

Back