Harassment and abuse in Entropia Universe

Grrr

It's all nice and dandy, all the con's and pro's an mybe's...
Now, stop babbling like bunch of old ladies and do something useful for a change.

You don't like how MA handles those things? So do something about it.
Give those asshats a new example, show em that eSoul's ban for trapping was not the last one!

(Sry Elle, love u and have nothing against you but your long forgotten case was the best example)

We need help stopping the exploiter and griefer.
Proof about trapping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS8--kz7PBo
Proof about harrassing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X3r2tb0K-0

Clean the house or drown in the trash quietly like stupid sheep. You know this is the choice. :yup:

MA of course wont tell us here or in a reply to a support case what they will or wont do .
Im pretty sure that they will have a way of seeing this for themselves , ie an invisible avatar that can check things out.

Unless they actually see it for themselves then they cannot ban just on the strength of a video, they need to actually see it real time.
Then I beleive they will ban accounts.

Question is, do they have the resources to devote time to doing this? I believe that if enough people send in SC's and post here in the forums , then they will.

So to those people doing this stuff , is it really worth it to get your avatar banned ? Get it into your mind that "THEY" may be watching you !

I hope he gets banned for that harassment.

a little off topic.. <nerd>
Im fairly certain it is possible to distinguish between real keyboards events and software created events using SendInput() functions.

So EU client could be programmed to detect macro use, I believe there are also ways to block such input.
</nerd>

He spent ammo, but refused to follow the officials' instructions so he could avoid armor decay and not die, and interfere with others' ability to shoot the same mobs, thus allowing him to claim more than his fair share of the mob's loot. This is what is meant by "unfair advantage" over other players. Anyone who wants to know the name of the avatar, PM me.

not to defend this, but...

can't everybody stand on the wall? :eyecrazy:

I have sent a support case in to MA to see if such actions are allowed. I am sure most people have a "gaming" keyboard with macro functionality, however to use such functions of the keyboard does require "software" (third party) to allow this to happen.

If MA are going to allow keyboard macro's they may as well come out and say third party software is allowed as well.

I am not saying this is a negative, because a lot of games today allow the use of such macro's to enhance game play.

Just saying.

what about using the skill scanner to calculate your skills and upload them to the chipping optimizer? does that qualify as using 3rd party software to gain an unfair advantage over players who don't use that software? can just anybody use it? :dunno:

I love the skill scanner/chipping optimizer! :thumbup:
& I play all my games using Belkin Nostromo n52te...
n52te.jpg

It has pretty awesome macro functions, and it's way more comfortable than any keyboard! :yup:
I recommend it!

Last edited:
what about using the skill scanner to calculate your skills and upload them to the chipping optimizer? does that qualify as using 3rd party software to gain an unfair advantage over players who don't use that software? can just anybody use it? :dunno:

I love the skill scanner/chipping optimizer! :thumbup:
& I play all my games using Belkin Nostromo n52te...
n52te.jpg

It has pretty awesome macro functions, and it's way more comfortable than any keyboard! :yup:
I recommend it!

Skill scanner no, it does not automate gameplay. The video i had, showed an avatar hunting whilst not even at the keyboard using a macro.

As for the Belkin Nostromo, it still is using software to automate those commands, which is third party.

My mouse and keyboard both have macro functionality but i don't use them mainly for the fact of the EULA, but maybe MA can clear this up by stating keyboard and mouse macro's are allowed.

There is a differnence

Skill scanner no, it does not automate gameplay. The video i had, showed an avatar hunting whilst not even at the keyboard using a macro.

As for the Belkin Nostromo, it still is using software to automate those commands, which is third party.

My mouse and keyboard both have macro functionality but i don't use them mainly for the fact of the EULA, but maybe MA can clear this up by stating keyboard and mouse macro's are allowed.

Micro software individually set by the user to command actions at the press of a key in real time for action sets would appear allowable in my mind.

Software to assume response of the player in their absence with key responses would appear a cheat.

I might be simple, but we've covered this ground to many times.

Keep steering your wheels, MA does know when software try's to mimic real time users key responses!

Keep steering your wheels, MA does know when software try's to mimic real time users key responses!

They have no idea, believe me. I am not going into detail about this on this thread, its already off-topic enough.

However the avatar i video'd clearly was not at the keyboard, hunting feffox, he died (unfortunately) and continued to attack the revive terminals, opening fap, opening repair, using ML to tag, then knife to kill. (macro)

It was a macro, and i was told he used a keyboard macro that MA has stated was fine to do so. If they have stated its fine to use keyboard macro's then any macro should be allowed.

This entire "third party" software crap in the EULA is stupid.

Last edited:
Skill scanner no, it does not automate gameplay.
true, it doesn't automate gameplay...

however, what the EULA says is...
EULA said:
You may not analyze, hack into, interrupt, redirect or in any other way affect or interfere with any data and/or network communication to or from the Entropia Universe System, the Entropia Universe servers, clients, websites and systems, as well as not use any other software than the Entropia Universe Client to interpret or affect data sent to or from the Entropia Universe server and client systems.

You may not use, launch or install any third party software, device or techniques that MindArk deems, at MindArk’s sole discretion, to be possible to use for collecting information from the Entropia Universe System or servers, constituting “cheating” and/or affecting the Entropia Universe in any way. This includes, without limitation, if possible to use for affecting the Entropia Universe System interface, the Entropia Universe environment, components, balancing and/or the Participant’s experience. MindArk reserves the right to revoke this limitation either generally or in specific cases.
"you may not analyze data, as well as not use any other software than the Entropia Universe Client to interpret or affect data sent to or from the Entropia Universe server and client systems."

"You may not use, launch or install any third party software, device or techniques that MindArk deems, at MindArk’s sole discretion, to be possible to use for collecting information from the Entropia Universe System or servers ("constituting “cheating” and/or affecting the Entropia Universe in any way"... which may be considered by some as "gaining an unfair advantage" over players who do not have access to the chipping optimizer). This includes, without limitation, if possible to use for affecting the Participant’s experience."

Though the skill scanner/chipping optimizer do not directly interfere with gameplay, they do record & interpret data... and (last I knew) the chipping optimizer is not equally available to all players! :wise:

whether or not these tools give players an unfair advantage, I guess that's open to interpretation... luckily "MindArk reserves the right to revoke this limitation either generally or in specific cases."... and I highly doubt they'd ever penalize a player for using the skill scanner/chipping optimizer! (I'm sure in the grand scheme these tools benefit MA as much/more than the players)

Last edited:

Though the skill scanner/chipping optimizer do not directly interfere with gameplay, they do record & interpret data... and (last I knew) the chipping optimizer is not equally available to all players! :wise:

The chipping optimizer is freely available to all players (http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php).

The skill scanner is not. However, the skill scanner essentially merely automates the process of recording the info in the skills window. Exactly the same effect can be obtained by manually typing the information into Entropedia, or a .csv (ie spreadsheet) file.

Neither tool interferes with the data transmitted between MindArk servers and the player's client.

If one thing became clear to me last few months it will be how exploited and scammed entropia is. Always knew it happened but the scale is really massive.

What i notice is a blind spot for big ammounts of players who dont wanna see the exploiting and cheating, I really have no idea whats goin on about that, maybe its too hard to see what really happens. Addiction maybe?

i have made a post about how exploiting works. Some of the people reacting say to not expose how to exploit. same kind of answers i see here. They probably think its a minor problem.

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/cyre...fair-predictable-and-exploitable-system.2505/

btw, its about cyrene but the problems are entropia wide.

Lets face it, theres massive exploiting and cheating.

That cost players money because they miss markup and so on. Results will be bad for honest players.

Scamming new players is a very common thing. Cant be good to let scammers scare away our new players. But it happens on big scale.

There are even groups that work together to make everyone blind and harass as many people as possible so people will be so sick of it they get blind for the things that really happen.

If the community reacts like this and is not goin to form a line against this behavior this game will just die.

New players will lose to much and get scammed.

Would you invest in an exploited game?

some call it dynamic.

I call it killing a game by exploiting and scamming.

Why would mindark use valueble resources to get scammers and exploiters if the community is this divided.

We as players have to stand up, our beloved game is killed.

Dont say it will not kill this game, it will.

Exploiting and scamming freely to do leads to dying games.

So thanks to bring this up.

Back