Megingjord Tank BPs?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Kim
This is a Calypso Dev team question. We all know the Megingjord tanks are working fine. Why is none of these Tank BPs dropping? Can you discuss with balancing team and advise why these awesome tanks are so rare?

Cheers
Bjorn

Good question, I think it may have something to do with them being very strong compared to regular avatars with exceedingly rare/expensive pvp gear, but I'll ask around to make sure.

Holy quick response batman!

ya TAnks really have no use atm cept for fort event and some part in LG

Aside from some PvP functionality, they are a novelty item, are fun to own, and should be rare.

There already are way too many things that throw PvP off balance.

The last thing we need is a bunch of tanks lobbing huge damage rounds from 1000 meters away.

If we are going to have vehicle combat, the vehicles as they are need to be completely redone so it doesn't undermine those who have spent countless hours and large sums of money skilling and equipping their avatar.

Last edited:
Aside from some PvP functionality, they are a novelty item, are fun to own, and should be rare.

There already are way too many things that throw PvP off balance.

The last thing we need is a bunch of tanks lobbing huge damage rounds from 1000 meters away.

If we are going to have vehicle combat, the vehicles as they are need to be completely redone so it doesn't undermine those who have spent countless hours and large sums of money skilling and equipping their avatar.

Not sure if I agree entirely. I think the main issue with vehicles in PvP was that they were tacked on to a fully functioning system years after the fact. If there had been vehicles the whole time, we would just consider it a normal part of PvP (like in MMOFPS such as Planetside). I personally like the idea of vehicles in PvP (maybe keeping them out of lootable is a good idea) But I don't think they were balanced (or the weapons weren't) before they were implemented, which leads to resentment among avatars who paid buttloads to be a top PKer only to get their ass shot off by someone in a 45ped Valkyrie with a 50ped rocket launcher. I'd probably be a bit against vehicles too in that case. The few times I've seen a Megingjord in action has impressed upon me that they are powerful vehicles indeed, and probably should be rare.

Reading this, I see that mostly I'm rehashing what you just said. My only point is that a vehicular combat system integrated into the game from the beginning would have been better than slapping in a bunch of items, giving them seemingly arbitrary capabilities, and just saying "Welp, that's vehicles guys. Have fun!" it's the haphazard implementation that has caused these issues, IMO.

Reading this, I see that mostly I'm rehashing what you just said. My only point is that a vehicular combat system integrated into the game from the beginning would have been better than slapping in a bunch of items, giving them seemingly arbitrary capabilities, and just saying "Welp, that's vehicles guys. Have fun!" it's the haphazard implementation that has caused these issues, IMO.

I agree but I'm not certain that the previous game engine could support vehicles.... Remember all the rubberbanding? Now imagine how bad it would have been with vehicles, it wouldn't have worked I think. So because of that, vehicles had to be added after the fact.

MA most certianty could make a new generation of vehicles that balance in all ways while also being viable hunting and PVP tools. I don't know by the developers don't understand that simply evolving and finishing these existing systems would be all that's needed to revitalize EU and not new things like Battle Arenas for pets. Don't get me wrong, I think those have potential, but I'm worried that they will end up being just one more unfinished system.

My idea for future vehicles would consist of those that are modular, assembled by the player with various crafted and looted parts, many of which are skill based such as the guns, engine (L) of various speeds that decay with motion, different body styles, armor, etc.

But the vehicles can outrun the mobs and players can avoid defensive costs!!!!

Well, just put the decay somewhere else... Figure it out.

Oh and since EU is a futuristic game, why the hell do our vehicles use oil as fuel?

I see nothing bad in big panzer pvp battles... if only servers can handle it i would like to seee 500 tanks, 1000 valk, 10 quads and other big numbers of squads...

and ofc they should just do big blam to ubers, as dont forget that even uber sniper is... JUST AN INFANTRY !

More tanks ! nothing should be rare ! for sure not some... vehicle...

and oil.... Futuristic? maybe 11 years ago but now... most the technologies found in game we can use in real life... and we still use oil cause its cheap and efficient fuel. Planets r being colonized, so every1 is using energy sources which r cheap availabe =]

Last edited:
Back