Player controlled mobs, who gets what?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Ok, we are all excited about the player controlled mobs and the battle arenas. But the question is how do we acquire our mob. Some suggestions that it will be like taming, so the higher your skill, the higher the level mob you can use.
But what happens if it isn't based on skill. A bug failing of the vehicle system is both a 5 day old noob with no skills can fly a mothership just as a 5 year veteran can. Doesn't seem right.

Hence the question is, "Will every player, noob - veteran, be able to use the same mob. Ie can a 5 day noob use a Atrox Slayer, or will they have to get the skills and start with a puny?

Hence the question is, "Will every player, noob - veteran, be able to use the same mob. Ie can a 5 day noob use a Atrox Slayer, or will they have to get the skills and start with a puny?

Beacons were given to everyone who could find it in the past.

Now they are given in loots, meaning to selected players you can be sure of it.
Same for CLD drops, TEN items, SGA and most everything nowadays.

Some 1 week players had uber hofs, when some 10 years player depositor never had a single.

So wait and see is certainly best, ask MA info is a waste of time, we all know.
(and they change rules so fast that, that truth today, can be lie tomorrow...).

It's in the loot so the ones looting them...
The question is how common or uncommon it will be to find them.

Very much doubt that this ability will be given out like candy . However I would think if you do loot something that gives the ability to control a mob , your not going to be able to control an Atrox Slayer or a warlock with something looted off a snable.

Beacons were given to everyone who could find it in the past.

Now they are given in loots, meaning to selected players you can be sure of it.
Same for CLD drops, TEN items, SGA and most everything nowadays.

Some 1 week players had uber hofs, when some 10 years player depositor never had a single.

So wait and see is certainly best, ask MA info is a waste of time, we all know.
(and they change rules so fast that, that truth today, can be lie tomorrow...).

That's deep man. Would be nice if a players skill level had some impact on the mob they use however.

Wouldn't also depend on the skill of the pet so that the more battles it has the better it gets rather than just a maturity.

It would be interesting to see a high skilled player with a high skilled puny beating a low skilled player with a low skill stalker.

Would the players skill be able to raise the maturity of a pet or will it be stuck at the maturity it was acquired at.

What happens when a pet loses a battle, does it die completely or require healing. I guess this is one of the things we'll find out over time.

I doubt people will want to spend large amounts of ped and time training a beast only for it to die and then have to start again.

Last edited:
Wouldn't also depend on the skill of the pet so that the more battles it has the better it gets rather than just a maturity.

It would be interesting to see a high skilled player with a high skilled puny beating a low skilled player with a low skill stalker.

Would the players skill be able to raise the maturity of a pet or will it be stuck at the maturity it was acquired at.

What happens when a pet loses a battle, does it die completely or require healing. I guess this is one of the things we'll find out over time.

I doubt people will want to spend large amounts of ped and time training a beast only for it to die and then have to start again.

This thread was about controlled mobs not pets ;)
But you are I agree, it sounded from the Buzz that MA would make a system that would allow the owner to develop the pet.

For the controlled mobs, I would not be surprised if it's a system where you get the mob that your are looting from, like an Atrax from an Atrax. But I hope they add the possibility to find others to make it more interesting.

I expect it will work this way:

A mob control pill is looted from hunting that particular mob. It has a required skill level on it. If you are skilled enough you can take it and play as the mob for an hour. If you don't have the skills you can sell it to someone who does.

My guess

If the mob is tamed, everyone can use it.
Taming itself will be based on Skill and while it will take very little skill to tame about a good dozen of mobs the cool stuff need mid and the awesome stuff highlevel taming skill. Highlevel Whipping for (L) whips that deal enough dmg to tame a proteon together with highlevel taming skill.

That create a market where everyone can play around with any mob and do his thing in the battle area while a few people will rush the taming battle because as only a few people can tame the really highlevel stuff they can make the prices for it and there is monney to be made.

Im not suprised if mobs have their own skills and can level up after they are tamed and learn even new skills if they fight other tamed mobs.

I think that controlling a mob should be related to taming. After all, first you tame, then you control. So only the best tamers should have the ability to control (much like being able to read deathspeak once you unlock some skill of which I forgot the name).

Can mobs be transported over to other planets?

That may make things abit more cool I think.

Can mobs be transported over to other planets?

That may make things abit more cool I think.

videovixen-vs-molisk-final.jpg

Back