Realistic price on UFO these days?

narfi

Elite
Society
Lost Renegades
Narfi Hungry Willem
Just looted one, will probably keep it, but if worth enough, I can always use more peds.

Based on previous sales and trades that I know about, realistically it can get between 500 and 1000 ped

Perhaps more or less... It's a novelty item

It's a novelty item

yeah yeah. Sell it for as much as you can as quick as you can. Remember that quad and helicopters also was a "novelty" item and lookt at it now...

yeah yeah. Sell it for as much as you can as quick as you can. Remember that quad and helicopters also was a "novelty" item and lookt at it now...

It's wise advice since the UFO likely will keep looting for some time.

If it holds as well as my original quad has, it would be worth at least a few hundred PED on novelty imo.

My original quad I still use, and it had about 30% life still(I paid 400 ped for it when they came out, and considering the use I have put into it over the years, it has been justified)

If it decays in 6 months then not so much.

Aside from look and function, there is one huge difference between a Quad and a UFO, which is the Quad is crafted and the UFO is looted. When Quads first launched they were a high price but then the market quickly flooded with them. The people crafting them knew the price wouldn't hold so they made as many as possible as quickly as possible with everyone wanting to sell theirs before the other crafters could.

A UFO is a looted item, with a few dropping per month. They come from the Zombie Kong on Rocktropia which is the boss mob to a 16 wave zombie event. These aren't waves of 5 to 10 mobs either, each wave fills the radar screen with red dots.... And there is 16 of them. It is not a inexpensive thing to spawn the Zombie Kong, and then when you do, it takes a large group of people a considerable amount of it me to kill it. When it dies, there is no guarantee a UFO will be in the loot.

In between my first reply to this thread and this post, I've acquired 2 UFOs and we quickly will see where the market for these is at. Two that I know of sold for over 3k ped and in my opinion it's too much. If it had a combat function like a quad I'd be making the argument for 2k to 3k or higher but it doesn't.

Based on a forum auction here on PCF and an in-game auction, I think there still are people who are willing to pay 750, some perhaps 1k or a bit higher if you are a patient seller.

As far as long term price goes, it's anyone's guess if goes up or down, it will depend on how many loot over what period of time. My thinking is they will go down a bit more.

They have that cool X factor and are a desirable item.

Last edited:
I dont know if this is new news, but i havent seen it taking attachments before...

Now its possible to attach both Space truster, weapons and some kind of Warp device to it :)

attachment.php

Can someone with a UFO confirm that this can go to space now? or confirm that this is not photoshopped?

Last edited:
Even if doesn't, it most likely will after MA releases (L) analogs of NanoWarp.
A warp-capable 4-seater. The original price of 3k doesn't seem so unreasonable anymore.

Retracted statement as i saw info ingame :)

Last edited:
definitely not photoshopped, what a surprise from MA :D

This time I bet MS owners are a little bit disappointed :eyecrazy:

funny shit really.. no weight limit either..roflmao..
Now this suits my purpose so much better.. Thanks MA :p

I own one, and i will sell it. making a sell trade now...

if you can warp whit it and no weight whit 3 person now it must be worth 100k lol like other posted you could make 500 ped a day whit equees new ship this is 3 time that

if you can warp whit it and no weight whit 3 person now it must be worth 100k lol like other posted you could make 500 ped a day whit equees new ship this is 3 time that

Bear in mind its Limited, and very very slow.

If a UFO tried to fly out of a blue zone and charge its warp drive, a single quad could catch it and destroy it in seconds. Killing and looting all on board ( who of course can't log out).

Equus has the advantage of being able to out run the quad and get some distance before charging its warp drive. Motherships/ privateers have the advantage of upgrading SI so being able to withstand a few quad shots with ease.

UFO's will be sitting ducks. Pirates will cotton on to their disadvantage rapidly. Paying many k peds for something which will get blown up repeatedly, then decay till it's unusable, is extremely daft!

Cute and fun little toys, or handy for those wanting to play around in space, whilst having other means of transporting goods mind you.

Edit - just saw there is a cargo weight limit in Kitty's pic too, 81kg?

Last edited:
Edit - just saw there is a weight limit in Kitty's pic too, 81kg?
It's weight of the trunk content, like on other vehicles/containers. I believe the pilot weight limit will be added when it will be able to go to space (I assume it still can't).

One important thing to note. UFO isn't MA's thing, so it's unlikely that MA would bother adding anything to it. Unless it just falls under a class of vehicles MA prepares to release themselves - something L and warp capable.

Bear in mind its Limited, and very very slow.

If a UFO tried to fly out of a blue zone and charge its warp drive, a single quad could catch it and destroy it in seconds. Killing and looting all on board ( who of course can't log out).

Equus has the advantage of being able to out run the quad and get some distance before charging its warp drive. Motherships/ privateers have the advantage of upgrading SI so being able to withstand a few quad shots with ease.

UFO's will be sitting ducks. Pirates will cotton on to their disadvantage rapidly. Paying many k peds for something which will get blown up repeatedly, then decay till it's unusable, is extremely daft!

Cute and fun little toys, or handy for those wanting to play around in space, whilst having other means of transporting goods mind you.

Edit - just saw there is a cargo weight limit in Kitty's pic too, 81kg?

Then again, equipped by 2 persons handling the 2 weapon slots, it could withstand some of the attackers.

Then again, equipped by 2 persons handling the 2 weapon slots, it could withstand some of the attackers.

If they* do an extreme over haul on its handling and double its gunner slots then maybe. It handles like a brick and has only a few shots worth of SI. Even a single noob pirate in one quad would take it out in seconds before the UFO's gunners knew what was happening.

It has the same fire power as a quad, yet awful handling and a whole whack slower. Fighting is certainly not going to be its strong point! For any ship to be able to charge its warp device in the danger zone, it must have either offence or defence (preferably both!), this unfortunately has neither.

However, don't get me wrong, that's not to say its useless! I think it will be a fun little toy if they ever change it and allow it in space. A great laugh for those who don't have any loot and don't mind dying a few times before warping off to their destination. Pity its limited though :( It does look like real good fun :)

*This was a rocktropian ship right?

But then, that all makes sense. Why on earth ( pardon the pun) allow a cheap ship to be "better" than the ones they are trying to sell for 50k? They won't. Hence the limitations that the UFO's have.

This is good news... I don't mind having to strip down for a cheap warp ship. But having to strip down for a 50k ship is stupid. Arkadia has been trying to get the Dropship released for space for quite a while (MA has been refusing). Hopefully now MA will have to go back on that now that Neverdie has gotten his ship allowed in space, with warp no less.

Last edited:
Seems after some testing, it didnt depart into space - though it had an attached space truster!
Support case is now made - further information will be posted here. :smoke:

Seems after some testing, it didnt depart into space - though it had an attached space truster!
Support case is now made - further information will be posted here. :smoke:

Maybe the ability to attach a thruster was a bug ?

Yup, shall see how it turns out. Though - wouldnt a UFO be from space :D

Unlikely they were planning to make this public until all the fire-engines get sold. Perhaps the new stats slipped in from test server with VU, but are not activated on production server, hence UFO accepts thruster but still doesn't go to space.

It wouldn't be a surprise if NanoWarp Drives will be in (L) version too for other ships, seems quite reasonable to allow that, expecially to reduce the distance between planets, I am thinking mainly at planets far from Calypso.

Since it is called NanoWarp Drive I it's supposed we'll have NanoWarp Drive II, NanoWarp Drive III and so on in future too. These might be related to the ability to avoid mines and the ability to reduce weight limits too, who knows.

I expect this to happen and to become a common feature everyone can have access to, so we can suppose more ships will have their own NanoWarp device and everyone will be able to travel alone fast between planets :tele:

It wouldn't be a surprise if NanoWarp Drives will be in (L) version too for other ships, seems quite reasonable to allow that, expecially to reduce the distance between planets, I am thinking mainly at planets far from Calypso.

Since it is called NanoWarp Drive I it's supposed we'll have NanoWarp Drive II, NanoWarp Drive III and so on in future too. These might be related to the ability to avoid mines and the ability to reduce weight limits too, who knows.

I expect this to happen and to become a common feature everyone can have access to, so we can suppose more ships will have their own NanoWarp device and everyone will be able to travel alone fast between planets :tele:

Instantly making the 50k ped price tag more absurd.

Instantly making the 50k ped price tag more absurd.

UFO are (L)
Slower
Not limited to 25
Not red with a black and yellow horse logo on them

I find the price of designer jeans, trainers etc absurd it doesn't mean they wont sell though. ;)

In threads where people discuss the future value of L items who seem to be dropping reguarly ( from mob or crafted ) i can only think back to this little text.

"
Your Quad-Wing Interceptor (L) was sold at auction for 3200.00 PED.
The commission was 1.55 PED.
Your account has been updated with 3198.45 PED.
Markup: 7619.05%
Time: 2011-07-03 21:38:33
"

Back