Full retard lag last 2 days

Same plenty lag :scratch2:

Same plenty lag :scratch2:
And?
Maybe you could run a network connectivity test and post your results here? So we could figure out what is causing those problems?

Here's my test results, for a comparison:
pingtest.jpg

Don't change the topic. Are ppl complaining about loot lag here or the real game-wide lag and disconnects?

Loot lag. Bah. Some ppl can't even log in. Hu cares about loot lag. Sometimes i have loot lag too. Sometimes i have auction lag. Yes, i think those must be server side (database-related) issues. So what. Stay on topic.

Apples and oranges. Programs with vastly different technology and requirements. Just take my word for it, trying to explain this in detail would take a wall of text and kill a horse. From boredom.

Should i come buy you a new modem?
Does bitching with MA bring a new ISP to your area?

Reminds me a story with the man who lost his ring in the park at night. The guy is carefully examining the ground at the streetlight. His friend asks, why search here, didn't you lose it at those bushes?
Yes, but it's so damn dark at those bushes! :silly2:

This is the topic:

Anyone else having full retard lag last 2 days? Came to rock 2 days ago and havent been able to hunt for shit here, but i heard its game wide? I have never experience extended lag like this for days, that comes and goes. This is pretty concerning if its game wide, are the MA's servers taking a shit? This is rediculous.

No word about disconnections.

Exactly.

MA can only fix the problem if it's caused by their own Internet Service Provider. If the problem is even one hop further away, they can't do anything about it.

As MA can't fix the real problem, they are trying to improve their software so that it will be less vulnerable to the network problems. You can already keep playing the game for a while even though the connection with the server was broken.

All this, quite obviously, does NOT fix the root of the problem.
You can cover poop with a chocolate but it won't make it an ice cream.

If you really want to improve something call your ISP, say their service sucks, the international link they are using is cheap and unstable, and you'll go over to their competitor if they are not able to pull their act together and provide a quality service.
If there's no other ISP's in your area, your really screwed ofc...

Here's the test results for my connection to the closest available server (Copenhagen):
pingtest.jpg

You can run your own test and compare the results. Should explain a few things...

I dont crash, i dont have disconnections, dont have packet lost and dont have problems with my ISP.
Type of lag and freezing is exactly same as few years back when nobody could play on CP until MA relased pach for so called "client stabilty".

Anyway thank you for your ideas and help altought i cant easy trust to one who proved in other threads to have difficulty with computers ie to understand or learn what is script or macro or even a 3rd party bot program.
I could pass on that but if you stubbornly refuse to accept and learn fact that EU have autouse tool function then cant belive in your willning to help here.

That pingtest program you use is just one of many aviable tools we all use if needed.
I usualy dont use this one but to be comparable i used it this time.

99619066.jpg

You have better ping but there is no drastical difference - maybe for pking or few other time citical things but in average is same.

Maybe problem si not on server side but i feel is more on rock side .

Last edited:
i have alot of problem every time they get a new updates most time i can play right after i know it was that last few year now i hardly play so i cant realy say

but for me if there a problem why there not a guide ma would doo soo you could try out to figure the problem

Server can't be "frozen up/laggy" and also "responding perfectly well" - both at the same time.
You don't have to know anything about IT to understand this.

If you can find even one person who is standing next to you and is not freezing up and has no lag - then it's not the server that causes problems.

I can't possibly know what's going on with EU servers around the clock in all timezones. It is also possible there's problems in one server (eg overload) and no problems in another. So, can't tell for certain for every single case before it's tested.

However, in last weeks i have repeatedly seen several different players suffering heavy lag and disconnects right next to me, when i have no problems at all. In those cases obviously it wasn't the server that caused problems.

I have seen server side problems, Twins server was half dead at Mayhem time (few years back.. i think?) when ppl dropped out in groups, it was a mess... but this time it seems to be a different problem.

Server can't be "frozen up/laggy" and also "responding perfectly well" - both at the same time.
You don't have to know anything about IT to understand this.

If you can find even one person who is standing next to you and is not freezing up and has no lag - then it's not the server that causes problems.

I have seen server side problems, Twins server was half dead at Mayhem time (few years back.. i think?) when ppl dropped out in groups, it was a mess... but this time it seems to be a different problem.

That sound like IT textbook: Server can be half dead, but can't be "frozen up/laggy" and also "responding perfectly well" - both at the same time. :laugh:

That sound like IT textbook: Server can be half dead, but can't be "frozen up/laggy" and also "responding perfectly well" - both at the same time. :laugh:

"Schrodingers Server"

Hello people!

I must apologize for my late reply, BUT I am currently investigating the lag issues along with Mindark and as you say this is a serious issue and should be dealt with accordingly.

We will need your help to get to the bottom of these lag issues and I will post a new update regarding this now on Monday.

Regards

Hello people!

I must apologize for my late reply, BUT I am currently investigating the lag issues along with Mindark and as you say this is a serious issue and should be dealt with accordingly.

We will need your help to get to the bottom of these lag issues and I will post a new update regarding this now on Monday.

Regards

It seems to be less of an issue now but still comes and goes.

For me I've been able to walk and move just fine but I've experienced lots of lag when trying to use my weapon, fap, switch between either, spawn or pick up a vehicle, etc.

That sound like IT textbook: Server can be half dead, but can't be "frozen up/laggy" and also "responding perfectly well" - both at the same time.
Wait what? :scratch2:

Oh i think i get it: Half-Dead Server is made up of 2 halves, literally? There's this Dead Side of the Server that is frozen and laggy, and then there's the Alive Side that is responding perfecftly well? (Both sides running exactly the same service ofc)

Ugh! Holy Cow! Yesss, ofc, that's how it works indeed! :laugh:

When I first read this lag I was only experiencing the normal random loot lag, but yesterday when I logged on (Caly) I am in UK (RL) every action on the keyboard resulted in about a 1 - 2 second lag in my avatar's reaction and the reaction of the mobs, or any terminals I interacted with, this included PM messages and avatar to avatar trades.

What I have noticed is the avatar's reaction time to the mouse control seems very smooth, accurate and fast. I do not know if these things are related, just my observations.

I noticed this keyboard delay too during hunting. Tab the key for healing twice, then main weapon.
Then notice I did not heal, so got to keep an eye on that while hunting.
At first I thought it was just me not doing it correctly, until I read this thread. :laugh:

Hello people!

Regards

Thanks for taking a look into this Joakim. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Oh i think i get it: Half-Dead Server is made up of 2 halves, literally? There's this Dead Side of the Server that is frozen and laggy, and then there's the Alive Side that is responding perfecftly well? (Both sides running exactly the same service ofc)

It just means that half of the hamsters died again :wise:

I have often wondered why MA hasn't implemented what is commonly known as probes, to have accurate and up-to-date information at HQ (incl. ability to raise alarms).

Quick idea:
The communications protocol between client (A) and the server it's connected to (B) could use an extension mechanism to let B tell a (small) number of A connected to it, to act as "remote probes" (RP). These RP would then with server-specified intervals send "test_loot" (TL) packets, that the B could then (at its own discretion) forward to the main loot server. So far pretty much like it works today for normal loot, I believe.

But when also acting as RP, A would keep some extra state, relating to TL:
- ID, supplied by B (a simple monotonic counter per A would suffice).
- DateTime initiated.
- DateTime serviced.

Upon either successful TL-transaction, or after a timer expiration (*), client sends a TL_report to B. This report could also contain the average % packet-loss and delay times ("ping") during a timeframe (one minute?).

(*) Experience tells me that timeout would have to be *extremely* long, upwards of several minutes (which is completely unacceptable), so to put pressure on MA to fix their internal issues I recommend it being no longer than 20-30s. When (if?) fixed, the timeout should probably be no longer than 5s.

Server-side, B would for each active TL keep track of:
- When it was sent to A.
- When it was returned from A as TL request.
- When it was passed on to a (the?) higher-up (in hierarchy) loot-giving server.
- When (if) the higher-up replied.

For each TL initiated by an area-server, it would send a report of it to a concetrator, together with logging it locally until such a concentrator reported it had successfully reported the data to MA HQ.

While the above is somewhat simplified, it's also incredibly light-weight - it would add pretty much no burden on either clients, servers or bandwidth - while providing EU NOC pretty much real-time information of the (vital, yet seemingly so far completely missing) health of the system.

Again, I have many times wondered how MA can let the system fall into such disarray, and the only conclusion is they don't even have watchdog timers between servers - much less something like the above suggested.

Comments? Flames?

Since last VU i have problem while loging in. After entering GC
number game switch to loading screen but loading text is missing!
Today i loged in from 7th atempt. I am not only with this problem btw.
Repair don't help , nothig to repair ofc and it's universal caly,rt and ark.

Getting the same thing here the past several days. I think it's starting around 0:00 MA time?

That is exactly the starting time I am having the problems over the past several days. It seems to last a while, like several hours. Hunting during the day for me in Arizona is fine then around 5:00 PM (about 0:00 MA) it starts.

That is exactly the starting time I am having the problems over the past several days. It seems to last a while, like several hours. Hunting during the day for me in Arizona is fine then around 5:00 PM (about 0:00 MA) it starts.

Extreme lag again for myself on rocktopia currently, as well as several other players on the planet. It has also started right after 0:00 MA time, probably closer to 1:00 for me, and is currently continuing.

I am also glad that MA staff has taken notice of this. I have been told by many players that have been around for much longer than myself that this has been happening for a long time now, just not as frequently as recently. Guys when this kind of thing happens please speak up, this is a serious issue and needs to be heard and solved!

Currently soo bad for me that i cannot hunt...frustrating!

Fifth not to be rude but you do not have a clue. BTW my test on your link was B*. I do not think it has to do with severs unless it is a planet wide lag, however I think there is a problem between MA and USA as it seems most of the trouble is in the US. Changing ISPs as you suggest would have no effect.

I was ironic with that last explanation. Ppl are getting very serious in this topic, so i thought i'd better clarify. ;)

my test on your link was B*.
Was it good? was it bad? your sentence contains no information lol.

I do not think it has to do with severs unless it is a planet wide lag, however I think there is a problem between MA and USA as it seems most of the trouble is in the US.
Yes. Here u repeat what i have said all along btw. Means, if i have no clue, we both have no clue... ;) ... which is possible. :laugh:

Changing ISPs as you suggest would have no effect.
Maybe. If both ISP use the same international routers then it doesn't change anything.

I have changed my ISP 3 times. The last one was way better (for online gaming) than the other 2, even thou it had the slowest speed.
Since then lag is very rare for me. My experience tells me sometimes it can help. But it's not some miracle cure that always works ofc.

I was ironic with that last explanation. Ppl are getting very serious in this topic, so i thought i'd better clarify. ;)

Was it good? was it bad? your sentence contains no information lol.

Yes. Here u repeat what i have said all along btw. Means, if i have no clue, we both have no clue... ;) ... which is possible. :laugh:

Maybe. If both ISP use the same international routers then it doesn't change anything.

I have changed my ISP 3 times. The last one was way better (for online gaming) than the other 2, even thou it had the slowest speed.
Since then lag is very rare for me. My experience tells me sometimes it can help. But it's not some miracle cure that always works ofc.

I agree with what you are saying, especially about nether of having a clue :).
However that being said, you made my point about changing ISPs. Judging from what I have read in this thread and a couple of others I would think that a router somewhere between us and them is at fault. The only way to make any diff by changing ISPs would be the use of different routers by a new ISP, as you said. I guess you could get a 30 day trial on a new ISP and do a tracert on your old ISP and compare to the new ISP and see if the jumps are different. I would doubt a lvl 1 tech-support person would have a clue what routers are used by the ISP.

But I really think this should be MA's problem to correct as I don't see how we could do it from this end.

side-note I played a bit tonight and started around 05:30 MA time and had some lag but very playable. However, during the day I rarely get any lag/lock-up at all.

BTW I have no idea what a B* means on the test but I know that on several speed tests from a couple of other test sites I get around 25-30 MB speed Down and around 15 MB Up.

Last edited:
BTW I have no idea what a B* means on the test but I know that on several speed tests from a couple of other test sites I get around 25-30 MB speed Down and around 15 MB Up.
Oh, u mean "B" like general rating. Guess i'm still sleepy :) Yes, "A" is the best, so "B" shouldn't give much headache.

Althou, for gaming (MMO type games) most important things are: jitter (how many packets arriving in the wrong order), packet loss and ping. Test those against different servers in the world and you'll know what your ISP is really worth.
Connection speed, contrary to a popular belief, is pretty much irrelevant. There's some pretty low minimum requirements, everything above that doesn't really matter...

It's likely Telia, it is for me. Do a traceroute.

Back