Full retard lag last 2 days

Dmatrix

Stalker
Society
Crimson Devils
Perfect Dmatrix Bimbo
Anyone else having full retard lag last 2 days? Came to rock 2 days ago and havent been able to hunt for shit here, but i heard its game wide? I have never experience extended lag like this for days, that comes and goes. This is pretty concerning if its game wide, are the MA's servers taking a shit? This is rediculous.

I haven't experienced this at all. I'm on caly, maybe it's just rock or you? Anyway hope you get the problem fixed.

I had huge lag or whatever it was last night on Calypso, Evi spawn s of Osere.

Weapons and fap just was stopping/couldn't be switched for really extended periods of time with intervals. Like 10-30 second problems, few shots ok, another problem, ok, problem and so on.

I never experienced such a bad one before.

Weapons and fap just was stopping/couldn't be switched for really extended periods of time with intervals. Like 10-30 second problems, few shots ok, another problem, ok, problem and so on.

Yup i had the same thing, trying to hunt pop dragons, finally went away after couple hrs. Having the same issue today everywhere on pop dragons and north in Lemmy castle area. All rediculously laggy, wtf is going on.

Whats really awsome is mobs of course dont lag hitting you, but we lag and have to throw extra heals, which in turn lags out the game even more trying to switch between tools. Maybe no more hunting altogether.

FIX YOUR SHIT MA, GET IT TOGETHER ALREADY!!

lots of lag for me and several people that i know

None today for me but did have lag Sunday.

Was there with you and saw your problems.
It's not server side problem thou, otherwise i would have the same. However, no lag for me.

Looks like ppl from US are suffering the most. Prolly Telia routers acting up again?

you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard.jpg

Was there with you and saw your problems.
It's not server side problem thou, otherwise i would have the same. However, no lag for me.

Looks like ppl from US are suffering the most. Prolly Telia routers acting up again?

Interesting.
I had no other issues with connection at the time...
We saw in past several bugs affecting some accounts and not others. I hope it's not a case again.

And I'm in EU not US.

Similar here, weapon stop shooting but mob continue to hit me.
Is a lot shorter than loot lag and mission counter lag - many mobs killed before lag go off and system start to display loot recived and refresh mission counter.
But still enought long to die on big mobs.
Good comp and optical cable here so thing is in software client- server.
Sometimes pressing space help but not always.

In general i got any type of lag like auction, crafting, mining, looting and shooting freeze lag from time MA started to play with that tycon phone connections but cant prove it, is just my felling that MA messed something in that time.

Good comp and optical cable
OK, the 1st link (in the long chain of routers/switches) is super good. That's a start!

Now bypass your ISP (and the international service provider your ISP is using) and drag an optical cable from your your house right to the building where MA server is located (was in Sweden Göthenburg in the past, not sure where it's now). Might have to swim over few rivers and a small sea, and build a few intermediate stations as you go. Good luck, see you in a few years! :tongue2:

After this is done you can tell for sure if the problem is server side or caused by the connection.

I have auction and loot lag. Everybody i have talked to has it, so this seems to be server side problem.
I don't have lag when the other guy next to me is constantly frozing up. Simple logic tells me this can't be server side problem. Simplez! :)

OK, the 1st link (in the long chain of routers/switches) is super good. That's a start!

Now bypass your ISP (and the international service provider your ISP is using) and drag an optical cable from your your house right to the building where MA server is located (was in Sweden Göthenburg in the past, not sure where it's now). Might have to swim over few rivers and a small sea, and build a few intermediate stations as you go. Good luck, see you in a few years! :tongue2:

After this is done you can tell for sure if the problem is server side or caused by the connection.

I have auction and loot lag. Everybody i have talked to has it, so this seems to be server side problem.
I don't have lag when the other guy next to me is constantly frozing up. Simple logic tells me this can't be server side problem. Simplez! :)

I can't seem to locate the thread, but I recall an old bad outbreak of weapon lag where someone from MA or possibly SDS when they owned Calypso (can't recall) explained the problem. At the time they stated it was their internet provider causing the issue. Some people would be fine while others would not, depending on the final gateway the user connected through. If this is the same, then it should again be MA's ISP or server host that is the culprit.

I can't seem to locate the thread, but I recall an old bad outbreak of weapon lag where someone from MA or possibly SDS when they owned Calypso (can't recall) explained the problem. At the time they stated it was their internet provider causing the issue. Some people would be fine while others would not, depending on the final gateway the user connected through. If this is the same, then it should again be MA's ISP or server host that is the culprit.
Yeah, could be their ISP. Also, many ppl have traced the route to MA servers in the past and found problems with big international routers. Latest example: here.

Also, if you dig IT stuff a little (i mean, if u not getting fits of uncontrollable panic when u see a computer screen :silly2:) then read this post from SpikeBlack in the same thread - there's something that might actually help you.

Last edited:
Getting the same thing here the past several days. I think it's starting around 0:00 MA time?

Might have to swim over few rivers and a small sea, and build a few intermediate stations as you go. Good luck, see you in a few years! :tongue2:

We shud test that properly.
Cud you swim from other part of World in mode we could have redundant second connection if first one fail.
Then we see if is client-server software comunication causing problems to many people or is just me and nobody else that is loosing some packets on the way

And the full retard lag is back again once more, still on rocktopia. Has been hitting full retard levels every few hours it seems......Patience is wearing thin. There is no way its this bad on Caly, guess i can cross Rock off my places to visit again.

Anyone else having full retard lag last 2 days? Came to rock 2 days ago and havent been able to hunt for shit here, but i heard its game wide? I have never experience extended lag like this for days, that comes and goes. This is pretty concerning if its game wide, are the MA's servers taking a shit? This is rediculous.

Yes!
I had lag so bad the last 2 days at Issle, that I had to set to safe mode.
Yesterday I was so frustrated that I logged off and still didnt go back

The fap would freeze, the gun would stop and even the game music sounded like a DJ spinning a record. ( a bad DJ)

i have been in rocktopia as well and the lag is pretty bad,

i will get a mining claim a long while after the drop and not unusual to miss it, then it expires by the end of my run. really annoying but somewhat my fault since i havnt been closing loot window after every find.

i tried a support case, but the basically said " I'm completely operational, and all my circuits are functioning perfectly." i.e. f off

Pretty serious lag for me as well over the weekend. I'm in California and my toon is on Caly

Im assuming no point to expect a reply from Kim or another Dev on this HUGE issue, since this is a game wide issue and not "Calypso issue" is all he would say.

Yeah some really bad lag over the weekend, but then i get really bad lag every weekend. Most of it is at the local ISP level so it's hard to determine what comes from MA.

The worst lag i had was a while ago, here's what i posted:
Sunsout: i can really relate on the lag issues. I was trying to do the 40 SEG daily hunt mission and i died 4 times on one second entity. Four times! That's never happened to me, even when i did deliberate revive killing a few times for fun years ago as a "weak" hp avatar.

It would go something like this: tag the SEG and keep firing. Half the shots simply wouldn't register (no miss, no hit, and these are targeted using the mob bar because after the hit box "improvement", there's just no way to consistently manually target a jumping SEG. So i lose half my dps from that as it approaches. Then there's the little pauses as it tries to aim a the hitbox, even though it's already pointed a the hitbox. Another fraction of my dps is lost.

I switch to arson chip when it's in range, and switch back... only it doesn't switch back. 2-3 seconds later, on the third or fourth try, it switches back to main weapon. By then the SEG is hacking me to pieces. Then there are the "fail"ed shots, one per mob usually.

I fly back from revive, and pick up my vehicle... only it doesn't pick up. I wait. And wait. THREE MINUTES LATER it finally goes into my inventory.

I've never gotten so frustrated with gameplay before in the 8 years since i started participating (BTW happy birthday to me last month i guess).

I asked in soc chat about it and it seemed few were having similar problems (they're mostly in Europe), so it may be that this is a combination of the server lag we've seen lately with things like auction and inventory and that ugly problem with the telia connection to the US nodes that has reared its head in the past. I didn't do a tracert to check, though.

The point is that it's time to implement "client friendly" features that have been overdue for years. I can always count on being outdamaged by European teammates if we have weapons of even remotely similar DPS; it's been that way for years. It's time to decouple the rate that repetitive things happen from the round trip network rate.

These measures won't resolve the issues with the servers, but it will make the customer experience more fair and less frustrating.

These are just two obvious things that should be implemented that would make a huge difference:
  • when autouse tool is activated, the autouse should be serverside, not client side, and remain active during desynchronization of up to a few seconds. In the past this had the potential undesirable side effect of wasting shots, but now that untargeted shots don't use ammo, there's no more hangups. This would give everyone the true dps their weapon should have, and smooth out the little hiccups when engaged with a mob.
  • When server/client synchronization is lost for more than the few seconds that autouse remains active serverside, the mob may not attack. It's only fair if the player can't attack that the mob can't attack.

The two "obvious things that should be implemented" i suggest at the end are still obvious and still obviously not implemented.

The two "obvious things that should be implemented" i suggest at the end are still obvious and still obviously not implemented.
Figures... :(
And. Those are really good suggestions indeed.

Also, the braindead obviously never understand what's happening to them and just keep mumbling nonsense.

@Dan, you only need 1 [one] person with no lag standing next to you to prove that

THIS IS NOT SERVER SIDE PROBLEM

Shoot your ISP and take another ffs! If that doesn't solve the issue, move over to Sweden.
Thankyou.

Figures... :(
And. Those are really good suggestions indeed.

Also, the braindead obviously never understand what's happening to them and just keep mumbling nonsense.

@Dan, you only need 1 [one] person with no lag standing next to you to prove that

Shoot your ISP and take another ffs! If that doesn't solve the issue, move over to Sweden.
Thankyou.

I never talked about server side problem.
I talked about client-server comunication software.

You agree with Doer that something could be implemented, improved with MA code (software) but in same time you dont agree that cllient-server software shud solve or minimise problem.

MA is EU/service seller and they shud find way to deliver their product/service to customers/EU participants so part of problem is for sure on MA side.

Do you want to discuss, or you are hunting occasion to attempt to ridiculise every my post and troll by using "swiming" parables or uppercase letters size 5.

*ah, i forgot seem that with all your respect i belong to "braindead" group so we cant discuss.
Although discussion between "braindead" and troll could be fun.

Last edited:
Full retard lag on CP today. Patience is wearing really thin now.....Just logged in, flew up and lagging out!!! wtf

When I first read this lag I was only experiencing the normal random loot lag, but yesterday when I logged on (Caly) I am in UK (RL) every action on the keyboard resulted in about a 1 - 2 second lag in my avatar's reaction and the reaction of the mobs, or any terminals I interacted with, this included PM messages and avatar to avatar trades.

I traded a friend on mine who lives in Sweden and we both experienced the same thing, he also complained of the same problem. This on top of half the in game sounds not working even after I reinstalled the OS and the game has me frustrated as it make the game unpleasant to play.

What I have noticed is the avatar's reaction time to the mouse control seems very smooth, accurate and fast. I do not know if these things are related, just my observations.

You agree with Doer that something could be implemented, improved with MA code (software) but in same time you dont agree that cllient-server software shud solve or minimise problem.
Exactly.

MA can only fix the problem if it's caused by their own Internet Service Provider. If the problem is even one hop further away, they can't do anything about it.

As MA can't fix the real problem, they are trying to improve their software so that it will be less vulnerable to the network problems. You can already keep playing the game for a while even though the connection with the server was broken.

All this, quite obviously, does NOT fix the root of the problem.
You can cover poop with a chocolate but it won't make it an ice cream.

If you really want to improve something call your ISP, say their service sucks, the international link they are using is cheap and unstable, and you'll go over to their competitor if they are not able to pull their act together and provide a quality service.
If there's no other ISP's in your area, your really screwed ofc...

Here's the test results for my connection to the closest available server (Copenhagen):
pingtest.jpg

You can run your own test and compare the results. Should explain a few things...

Thankyou.

What if I'm running multiple other programs and they're all connected fine, while I am loot-lagging horribly in EU? Obviously the problem isn't solely with the ISP itself. Sometimes if I have a loot pill buff the corpses disappear before they get looted! This is 3 solid minutes of loot lag! This is with other programs simultaneously working flawlessly (TeamSpeak and others).

Some people don't have the luxury of choosing an ISP. Should I ditch the 20MBps for an 800 baud modem?

Sometimes if I have a loot pill buff the corpses disappear before they get looted! This is 3 solid minutes of loot lag!
Don't change the topic. Are ppl complaining about loot lag here or the real game-wide lag and disconnects?

Loot lag. Bah. Some ppl can't even log in. Hu cares about loot lag. Sometimes i have loot lag too. Sometimes i have auction lag. Yes, i think those must be server side (database-related) issues. So what. Stay on topic.

This is with other programs simultaneously working flawlessly (TeamSpeak and others).
Apples and oranges. Programs with vastly different technology and requirements. Just take my word for it, trying to explain this in detail would take a wall of text and kill a horse. From boredom.

Some people don't have the luxury of choosing an ISP. Should I ditch the 20MBps for an 800 baud modem?
Should i come buy you a new modem?
Does bitching with MA bring a new ISP to your area?

Reminds me a story with the man who lost his ring in the park at night. The guy is carefully examining the ground at the streetlight. His friend asks, why search here, didn't you lose it at those bushes?
Yes, but it's so damn dark at those bushes! :silly2:

Back