IS FOMA Up and Running correctly Yet ?

Sal

Alpha
Society
Rampant Rabbitts
SALLY SAL BRIDGES
Is foma still a dead space resort ?

are there now maturities of mobs in the domes and decent spawns ?

when is foma going to be the place it was with full biodomes and hunters and miners ?

Before it was a Saturday and Sunday pleasure to go up and hunt for lot of avatars with big Money to hunt because it was a chance for good loot and in mining, MA killed the loot "balanced" and Never Die solt it ( also because he needed the Money for his new planet ) to a avatar Have heard that he became seriously ill and was not able to take care of FOMA CND - end of story.

Thanks for the summary I remember those good weekend on a Saturday and Sunday ;(

Yup.... Asteroid is all but dead...

Scandalous "Naming Contest", and RL illness has left people refusing to go there or unable to justify going there. The entire rock is a giant wasteland now. Poor people who own domes are getting screwed.... MA won't intervene... No one even knows if the owner is still alive IRL.

Not to mention the "community" doesn't need a place like FOMA because there are other planets to "venture" to now. So basically if the owner IS still alive he has probably (by now) chalked it up to a bad investment and is just letting it sit stagnant.

Menace

Well.Ma is waiting this 9-12 months for him to not log in and then it will get the TT of the deed and they will sell it once more.:wtg: ( unless he has another contract with MA ).

Judging from domes stats according to trackers.. Foma is all but dead.
Certainly not as strong as before (and no wonders with Hell / Monria / underground now and nothing especially new on foma), not even talking about loot distribution changes, or activity lowered generally.

But how is foma dead ?I don't see it.

Also, I thought that people did not really like mobs up there, at least from my past experience as a miner there.

Judging from domes stats according to trackers.. Foma is all but dead.
Certainly not as strong as before (and no wonders with Hell / Monria / underground now and nothing especially new on foma), not even talking about loot distribution changes, or activity lowered generally.

But how is foma dead ?I don't see it.

Also, I thought that people did not really like mobs up there, at least from my past experience as a miner there.

Are you talking about mining or hunting, its ok for mining but dead for hunting.

Well.Ma is waiting this 9-12 months for him to not log in and then it will get the TT of the deed and they will sell it once more.:wtg: ( unless he has another contract with MA ).

He was in game this month so gonna have to wait a while longer.

The problem is that it's the only location of cornoanterions and daspletors, and the only Place that has snable DNA on it (with a possibility of max density and/or max maturity) (though snable dome is owned by someone else).

As for not logging in: My guess would be an estate like this won't be abandoned by the owner. Possibly FOMA himself lends out the GC to someone who just logs in to keep avatar in Active state so it won't expire.
He was in game this month so gonna have to wait a while longer

The mob status in the domes is probably great for miners.

From a hunter's perspective, it's in sad shape. Anyone remember when it was possibly to hunt huge exosaurs? Big fouls? Tame huge snable males? Huge plumaterguses? And, the first years of Champions League events up there (ride was in cluded in ticket fee) (Before that event Went "ubers only").

The problem is that it's the only location of cornoanterions and daspletors, and the only Place that has snable DNA on it (with a possibility of max density and/or max maturity) (though snable dome is owned by someone else).

As for not logging in: My guess would be an estate like this won't be abandoned by the owner. Possibly FOMA himself lends out the GC to someone who just logs in to keep avatar in Active state so it won't expire.

The mob status in the domes is probably great for miners.

From a hunter's perspective, it's in sad shape. Anyone remember when it was possibly to hunt huge exosaurs? Big fouls? Tame huge snable males? Huge plumaterguses? And, the first years of Champions League events up there (ride was in cluded in ticket fee) (Before that event Went "ubers only").

Well, daspletors spawn, while pretty low in spawn rates, is enough generally to sustain hunting, and very active even tho, more numbers would still be welcome.
Cornoanterion were never really hunted before, they are still there and are not sustainable for serious hunts.(but who wants to hunt them seriously anyway ?)

As for snables, I own a dome in which they spawn and see no point in upping numbers / maturities, but that does not mean it would not be interesting for people, I just personnaly think it would just be more annoying than anything else to do such thing.

About Foma himself, I just checked and I see that he still did not log on planetcalypsoforum the last 2 years, which make me think for a long time now that the person logging his avatar might not be him anymore..

Cornoanterions can be found S.E. of Fort Isis. More Eastish if memory serves. Revive only, right in the middle of them.

NVM...my error Caperons there not cornoanterions

Cornoanterion were never really hunted before, they are still there and are not sustainable for serious hunts.(but who wants to hunt them seriously anyway ?)

I do! ;) Please change everything so I can be pleased! Or else I'll tell my mother. :girl:
But seriously, I like corno's. They loot OK and they even have a mission that I dont think anyone has finished. A dome with medium/high maturity corno's would be awesome. Most miners can take them out if they have to.

I just personnaly think it would just be more annoying than anything else to do such thing.

Let's assume for a second there wasn't exceptional mining up there. Then, ask the question, why would it be annoying?

The thing that *I* Think is annoying, is land areas with mixes of high aggro mobs. Or, one mob you do want to hunt, having relatively low aggro, mixed with Another mob you consider a "crap mob" that would come from near and far just to gnaw on your armor.

The fact that there are zillions of Atrox land areas on calypso, and yet rare DNA given out by MA in event prices goes to land areas with other mobs.

I personally liked the Asteroid when it was called CND, and ran by Neverdie.

My pets Snables come from there. Since most domes are now mining only, I rarely go up, but for a dasp or corn run.

I still hope tho, that Foma, gets well soon, if he is still with us, regardless of how he runs the place.

I own one of the 2 Snables Dome, and made em up in number/maturity... it didn't worth honestly, but be sure once mission or taming comes that setting will ge back immediatly :yup:

To answer the original OP the answer is no!! Dasp unique mob has been an awesome favorite of the uber forever! I know other high level players have tried to reason or request FOMA for several years to put dasp domes back to how they have been and always should be! Dome 16 youngs and lots of them, dome 17 low to medium spawn all prowlers and stalkers!

Now you can speculate on Fomas health blah blah blah.................. fact is he is messing with settings so hes not so ill he cant listen to what the actual hunters of dasp want? its all but 5 percent to hunt there, foma! listen to what we have all been asking you to do since you bought and messed with dasp! if not then let your arrogance/ignorance lose at the very least one of the top three ATH dasp hunters ingame!

I am not a great writer/ or poster so im sure others of the few prolific dasp hunters can say it better(Jimmy, Star) just sort it out please?

ps we were team Thanks tonite and was too annoying to hunt with the current settings even though we profitted!

My two pecs on this... FOMA dome owners set the tax to !!!! and then neglect the dome as hard as they can. Pretty much nothing more than another finger in your pocket.

If the dome owner is given something exclusive... such as a mob, then they need to be made to maintain the population or they should lose that exclusivity. How am I supposed to kill 5000 Corns when it takes an hour to grind out three of them?

The owners made the decision to focus on mining. The mobs need moved to Calypso.

Back