MindArk/Calypso Advertising

But, when you land on calypso (icarus), only 2 missions, then you have to make money for ammo, and withtout someone Faping you, a freshly noob can't defeat the starving Atrax solo^^

So people have to learn to make friends of course, but i think a Trailer must insist that the Game is a Free2Grind if you don't depot or take a starter pack.

There is a thread with all the missions beginners can do which give them free ammo, weapons, armor etc. . Couldn`t find it atm but if one does all that missions it will take some time to finish them. So if someone would do a "lets play" video series about that it would be a nice start.

+1
yeah, i ve seen it, and i ve done these missions :) (half moon bay etc...)

the only probleme for a starter, is to go to Halfmoon Bay.
I 'm pretty noob, but i have a gungir and i propose travel from icarus to boreas/halfmoon bay if people prived Oil (easy grabbed at orthos, a group of 5 people take each one drop, i refine it for free and ask only oil need for the trip, give them back other oil so they can make peds and have decent ammo ammount for makinf HMB mission and kill 4-5 time the broodmother to get some stuff from it)

think video can show too all the fun of a session at a sweat circle, with chatting peoples, radio representant and some small nooby contest organized (like the one i take my heli from, thx Roni^^)

coold be cool to show that community can be fun too

I just found 3 new Calypso advertisements I have never seen before, and to be honest im not impressed.

caly.jpg

caly2.jpg

caly3.jpg

If I were trying to promote a professional company, I really don't think the word "Balls" is appropriate.
Also stating "Real Bucks" as a requirement is going to put many potential players off before they even bother to look what the game is.

2nd Image states.. "Why every MMO enthusiast should have an Entropia Universe account".
"Why" what? this sentence does not even make sense. There is no explanation here.

3rd Image states.. "Build Real Money Into Your Avatar", great English!!

Although it is great to see Calypso advertising, I feel you would get better results if you put a bit more effort into the adverts.
1st impressions are so important, bad English and questionable profanities (balls), do not achieve this.

Last edited:
lol you serious ?

Is it possible that some of these advertisements are created by affiliates and not MA or Planet Partners?

caly.jpg

If I were trying to promote a professional company, I really don't think the word "Balls" is appropriate.
Also stating "Real Bucks" as a requirement is going to put many potential players off before they even bother to look what the game is.

I think your upto some mischief!

That add is pretty upfront about it and gets across whats at stake. If you really wanted to attack it you could have taken the gender issue since women biologically don't have "balls" is it sexist? I think not because in reality some women have more "balls" than men :)

Out of nostalgia, I visited Second Life last week. Since then, I am spotting EU ads on several other websites.

Oh dear I just saw this ad.

Spot the mistake :rolleyes:

badeuad.jpg

Don't people proofread anymore?!

badeuad.jpg

I first read "Build real money, not your avatar" :D would work great for resellers :D

Even the proper version "into your avatar" sounds bad, considering the hassle to chip out...

NTO = Not The OilRig?

badeuad.jpg

These ads have to be from an affiliate.. I really doubt (hope) that MA wouldn't be this careless.

badeuad.jpg

Ouch! I think most people wouldn't spot it and just see how lethal those nipples are though! :silly2:

Ouch! I think most people wouldn't spot it and just see how lethal those nipples are though! :silly2:
That was my thought as well! Randy she may be, but skewered you will be! :yay:

As for the ad, I read it fast and read it as into. There will be people like me who just read it for what its supposed to be, and not what it is. ;)

I first read "Build real money, not your avatar" :D would work great for resellers :D

Even the proper version "into your avatar" sounds bad, considering the hassle to chip out...

Build real money into your avatar isn't even English either...

Unless you grab an avatar, cut him open, build a tower of dimes in his belly and then stitch it all up again...

Build real money into your avatar isn't even English either...

Unless you grab an avatar, cut him open, build a tower of dimes in his belly and then stitch it all up again...

Was a bit unsure about that part (not a native speaker), so left that part out.

Ok... It's always easier to pick apart someone else's work then to do your own, right?

Let's think of some phrases that they could be using in their advertisements that might be more effective.

Even if the idea might be dumb... Post it.

Guideline: keep it short and sweet so it fits in a banner ad.

I'll start:

Entropia Universe

A Video Game With A Real Cash Economy

-------------------

Entropia Universe

Massive Multiplayer Online Game
Deposit Real Money. Withdraw Real Money.
A proven and stable Real Cash Economy
NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED!

------------------

That's all I can come up with at 4am

Ok... It's always easier to pick apart someone else's work then to do your own, right?

Let's think of some phrases that they could be using in their advertisements that might be more effective.

Even if the idea might be dumb... Post it.

Guideline: keep it short and sweet so it fits in a banner ad.

I'll start:

Entropia Universe

A Video Game With A Real Cash Economy

-------------------

Entropia Universe

Deposit Real Money. Withdraw Real Money.
A proven and stable Real Cash Economy
NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED!

------------------

That's all I can come up with at 4am

Sorry, I don´t work for free.

Sorry, I don´t work for free.

Then don't participate in a constructive way. The growth and success of EU is in the best interest of every player. I don't consider creativity to be "work" ...to an extent anyway but a few forum posts certainly is not "work"

Then don't participate in a constructive way. The growth and success of EU is in the best interest of every player. I don't consider creativity to be "work" ...to an extent anyway but a few forum posts certainly is not "work"

and its not working for free if you own land deed , or if you simply play the game...
more player , more money to share...
people keep thinking this game is about taking money from MA poket , when in fact , its taking money from other players poket...
more player , more money to share...

real chalanging game

bored of easy gold ? try to make ped and transform them in real dollar

Entropia Universe

Game Dollars = Real Life Dollars
Get Some Today!!!

Got some inspiration from Etopia's idea....

Bored With Fake Games And Fake Money?
Download Entropia Universe Today!!!
10+ Year-Old Real Cash Economy Game.

Do You Hate Sleeping?
Well You Won't If Your Favorite Video Game
Uses A Proven Real Cash Economy

Game Dollars = Real Dollars

Download Today!

Entropia Universe

Well something about other games being easy to win, but here you not only have to win the game, but you do not only have to win the game, but you have to win compared to other players (for the low-depo inclined person)

but then in a catchy sentence :)

Do You Hate Sleeping?

Download Today!

Entropia Universe

I might be over tired but this one might have potential

"Do you hate sleeping?" is not a common question. Most people love sleeping, they don't get enough of it.. Who the fuck would hate sleeping? To hate sleeping you would have to be way too busy to play a video game anyway. Regardless, the question will run interference on their current thought process which means it will get their attention and will cause them to continue reading the ad. You have about one half of one sentence to grab someone's attention online.

Do you hate sleeping?

Wait what? No I don't hate sleeping. WTF is this?

"Well you won't if your favorite video game uses a proven real cash economy"

A proven what?

Download Today!

Oh a video game... Oh! Real Money!! Umm... I can download it!

[Click]

The ad doesn't use industry jargon such as MMO, RCE, and all this other stuff. People don't know or care what that means. Some gamers do but everyone else doesn't. EU doesn't have the same player demographic as other games. Appealing to the broader market should be part of the advertising strategy. The ad will make people curious enough to click on it, it doesn't mislead anyone, and it doesn't set the expectation of a free-to-play game.

Put an attractive female avatar of good taste in the ad along with some nice EU graphics that don't steal attention away from the message of the ad, and then a small logo for EU, Calypso, Arkadia or whatever.

Last edited:
Well...since we're on this topic, it triggered my memory...vaguely...about having came across a thread much similar to this one.

And so, I took some time to dig around and found it.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...7-Whats-a-good-advertising-catchphrase-fro-EU

Perhaps you can refer to that one and see if anything's eye-catching. :silly2:

Oh...as for the ad with the missing "I", I've always thought that it would have sounded much better as "Put real money into your avatar". (It would have clicked on so many levels. XD)

Last edited:
One question I'd like to see answered is where the money earned by CLD sale went, since the official informations were these should have been strongly invested in promotion. :scratch2:

Do You Hate Sleeping?

Download Today!

Entropia Universe

Entropia Universe - When whining comes first and playing the game second.

--

Entropia Universe - Under a falling sky since 2003

--

Figured that the slogans should reflect the mindset of the player base... :scratch2:

entropia , the real cash economie make it chalanging to play.

do you have what it take to play EU ?

eu and scifie rce like no other

real cash make it real chalenging

Back