Expired auctions presentation

Are you happy with unsold items being presented as Sold to you?

• I like having unsold items presented as Sold to me.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I do not like having unsold items presented as Sold to me.

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tamlin

Prowler
tamlin
Currently, when you put something on auction and it does not sell, you are still presented with "<auctioned thing> (Sold)", i.e. explicitly stating it was sold. Only on "drilling-down" into that notification do you see there were no bids, therefore it simply couldn't have been sold.

I consider that at best misleading, at worst fraudulent.

Are you happy with this presentation of unsold auctioned <whatever>?

Additionally, could anyone advice on a course of action to "encourage" MindArk to make the changes required to change "(Sold)" to "(Expired)", "(Not sold)", or something else that would honestly represent the state of the auction?

(Note to mods: I placed this in General Discussion, as there are no "Platform Bugs" area I could find, only Calypso-specific "Bug Reports". Feel free to move post to suitable area and remove this comment if you do)

I'm pretty sure they noted this as a bug in the last VU notes so they are certainly aware of it.

I don't really see the issue here though its pretty obvious that there was never any intent to mislead and there certainly is nothing fraudulent about it. Either they used the wrong variable set to determine that one specific GUI text line or they didn't get around to adding another branch in the IF/else statement(or Switch case value if your feeling fancy) to account for a additional state.

I'd rather they fix it as soon as possible but it personally dosn't bother me in its current state.

Best regards
Zweshi

I find this misleading as well.

I find it misleading, but I don't care half as much as the time it takes me daily to clear all of these notices.

Literally hundreds of clicks to clear these messages. Is there a clear all messages option?

If these people were Game developers these little things would have not passed into production...but they are all graphics artists who are more focused on designing harrier armor and PVP improvements, so they can play PVP and loot the customers.

I don't even know what sells in my shop or to who, which means I cant contact the customer, and I cannot know what item to resupply. This I would consider more fraudulent as it impacted a sizable investment.

And while people ask questions here all day long, Kim can respond literally within a minute to a PVP question (link), and not one word for any other aspect of the game. Clear example on where their priorities lie.

I don't care half as much as the time it takes me daily to clear all of these notices.
I agree 100%.

MA currently limited themselves to four sections (or is it five?) in the list. IMO auctions (sold or expired) should be a sub-list. In that list you should be able to multi-select (including all-select - compare how Windows Explorer or list boxes worked since 1995 or before that), and either delete or acknowledge all selected at once.

Current "list" is a hallmark of horrible UI design. Might work for a toddler with 5 entries from an interaction-"limited" phone UI, but we're using bloody PC's! Even Microsoft has learned (the hard way) that phone UI's don't get much traction on actual computer (read: Windows 8.x is a complete disaster).

As for the rest, while I agree with probably 100% of it, please make a new post for that specific issue. MA needs to know of all areas we're displeased with.

That said:
forgo said:
If these people were Game developers these little things would have not passed into production...but they are all graphics artists
I believe that's false. MA is AFAIK run by beancounters. THAT is its main problem.

forgo said:
I don't even know what sells in my shop or to who, which means I cant contact the customer, and I cannot know what item to resupply. This I would consider more fraudulent as it impacted a sizable investment.
That displays the fuckup of letting beancounters run an RCE UI more than anything I've ever seen.

Btw, Kim is only the son of the majority owner of MA, and he was only given Calypso after the SEE legal issues and MA reposessed (?) Calypso. . I would also want a planet given to me...

Last edited:
Back