EntropiaWiki General Discussion

Siniko

Mature
Society
Antipodean Army
Kristofer Siniko Samuel
I'm making this discussion thread for general talk about Entropedia

Entropedia is currently down, with a connection error ''Unable to connect to the database. Please try again later, the issue will be solved as soon as possible.'

I've sent a note to Siniko on skype to let him know.

Alright Entropedia is back up.

Is there something wrong with the map page? It loads a blank page for me?

Is there something wrong with the map page? It loads a blank page for me?

The Locations section of Entropedia hasn't been working for months.

Siniko is aware of it:

Hey, sorry was going to try to post sooner about it,

But yes i am actually working on getting the current map on Entropedia back up and running.

As well as working on the new version of Entropedia which should be read only before WOF.

I'll make a new thread once i have more info.

That was in early October, I've not heard from him about it since.

Added the wining video from McCormick and Dub to the terminator page

I couldnt find the video and the source ftp link didnt work on entropedia.
A couple days ago I met McCormick at the Orthos rig and asked him if the video was on youtube, it was so i decided to add it to the terminators page :)

Are there any updates to the work that is/was/has/will be done to the site? Coming up on a year next month.

I had one message on Skype from Siniko in mid-April, where he said he'd been busy with work in RL, but would 'see what could be done to release the map'.

I have also been trying to contact Witte again to facilitate some alternative, as I'd had no contact from Siniko for quite some time before that, but Witte's not replied since early April either.

I had one message on Skype from Siniko in mid-April, where he said he'd been busy with work in RL, but would 'see what could be done to release the map'.

I have also been trying to contact Witte again to facilitate some alternative, as I'd had no contact from Siniko for quite some time before that, but Witte's not replied since early April either.

This is kinda sad! I'd hoped for more activity...

Probably not the place for it.. but I and one other is working on an alternative. The shell will go up this month.

So $5, whats this new site that is supposed to be put up as an alternate solution to entropedia. Entro is getting seriously behind with data now.

Cheers

S

The leaderboard for the event is being used to help craft the shell (don't ask.. just trust me). I haven't done much beyond prototyping because siniko reached out to me a few weeks ago about his "plans" and they were coming due soon. But that was 3 to 4 weeks ago.

I'd like to give people some professional courtesy especially since it is already established... even though I did that a year ago too and nothing changed. There's always the risk of us putting in a lot of time for the alternative and then suddenly the existing one gets all refreshed and we are out a lot of investment. But if nothing happens soon, all i have to do is flip a switch and we will have the first installment.

With that being said.. data is only good as its input. It has to come from somewhere. Only ark are the ones who have taken time to update their respective content.. to my knowledge.

I don't want to clutter this thread with alternative talk. I am willing to talk in pm or in game.

Last edited:
The leaderboard for the event is being used to help craft the shell (don't ask.. just trust me). I haven't done much beyond prototyping because siniko reached out to me a few weeks ago about his "plans" and they were coming due soon. But that was 3 to 4 weeks ago.

I'd like to give people some professional courtesy especially since it is already established... even though I did that a year ago too and nothing changed. There's always the risk of us putting in a lot of time for the alternative and then suddenly the existing one gets all refreshed and we are out a lot of investment. But if nothing happens soon, all i have to do is flip a switch and we will have the first installment.

With that being said.. data is only good as its input. It has to come from somewhere. Only ark are the ones who have taken time to update their respective content.. to my knowledge.

I don't want to clutter this thread with alternative talk. I am willing to talk in pm or in game.

So my understanding is that you are working on a new version of entropedia or a replacement? How far along are you on it at this time?

How can others help? Are you missing any expertise, hosting ..money etc?

Edit: Its a community driven effort to maintain the content and I think its the go to place for many of the players..however seeing that its in such a terrible shape I think its important to involve the community.

Last edited:
Pets in shops

Hi, first congratulations for a very well done wiki.

I have a question ¿Can the pets be included into the shops listings? I haven't find a way to do it.

Hello,

I'd like to ask what is the chance for bugs to be fixed? I've experienced some myself and there are also some bugs mentioned in Bugs forum page.
I'd also like to ask what could be done to improve wiki's performance? Many actions are quite slow.
I try to update the wiki, but these two points make it hard :) I'm a software developer myself - maybe, I could help somehow? Although, I have no experience with ASP, but hey, that's just another language :)

Back