Looted in space. Why should I play any longer?

real choices, real consequences :rolleyes:

agree
when started in EU I had a couple of unfortunate meetings in space with those good guys!
when the time came for me to transfer some valuable things.. I had only one choice
MS transportation :wise:

so, this incidents are consequences of our choices

but I do understand your anger :yup:

real choices, real consequences :rolleyes:

I think EVE used that: "Where every decision counts" well such a mistake won't be so costly in EVE for sure. The real sandbox where every decision count is here. Just be sure to make the right decisions :laugh:

May be if we could play for an entire month doing what we want at most levels for $30-$40 a month people wouldn't get so pissed when things go wrong.

This is in my opinion the final solution to all the ills of this game. If players could play all month at their level and have fun for $30- $40 a month then the whole game would be fixed. One problem is that if you are a new players and you can only use a TT weapon, you can easily play a whole month for $30-$40 dollars. The problem occurs as you progress - once you hit level 20 you are probably spending $10 on each (L) gun you use. This leaves you $20 - $30 to cycle on ammo and repair bills.

Move up to level 40 - guns are moving to the point of half your monthly budget. so you are left with only 150 to 200 ped to cycle in ammo and decay. Go and try it see how many days in the month you last - you would be lucky to get 5 hours playing time out of that money before you had cycled it to nothing.

I dont mind spending to have fun but $40 lasting 5 hours in a game i have invested countless hours and 1000's of dollars in does not seem like value for money. Worst of all, the more you progress the more it costs, where is the incentive for the long term mid level player (i Have seen many of my in game friends just walk away because of this )

This is in my opinion the final solution to all the ills of this game. If players could play all month at their level and have fun for $30- $40 a month then the whole game would be fixed. One problem is that if you are a new players and you can only use a TT weapon, you can easily play a whole month for $30-$40 dollars. The problem occurs as you progress - once you hit level 20 you are probably spending $10 on each (L) gun you use. This leaves you $20 - $30 to cycle on ammo and repair bills.

Move up to level 40 - guns are moving to the point of half your monthly budget. so you are left with only 150 to 200 ped to cycle in ammo and decay. Go and try it see how many days in the month you last - you would be lucky to get 5 hours playing time out of that money before you had cycled it to nothing.

I dont mind spending to have fun but $40 lasting 5 hours in a game i have invested countless hours and 1000's of dollars in does not seem like value for money. Worst of all, the more you progress the more it costs, where is the incentive for the long term mid level player (i Have seen many of my in game friends just walk away because of this )

So you want people to be able to hunt proterons all day for 30-40$ a month and have chance to get ATH.
Craft all day biggest BP they can find, slider on red and still pay max 40$.

So you want people to be able to hunt proterons all day for 30-40$ a month and have chance to get ATH.
Craft all day biggest BP they can find, slider on red and still pay max 40$.

not at all I am giving it a a reason a lot of mid level players just walk away from the game, I personally after 2.5 years have got to lvl42 and I am fed up of depoing $40 - $50 dollars at a time and it not lasting very long. It saps the enjoyment of the game. What is the point in developing and avatar that is then too expensive to run on your allocated budget and $40 a month is an acceptable amount for many people, as it represents the cost of buying a new console game.

So about an hr ago I was shot down by Bender Chances Mark II and he stole at least 1.5k ped from me. Of course he refused to return my items (ped) and offered to pitty me with 50ped. And ATM, I am extremely angry but will try to keep my cool.

So some of you may say, "You took your chances so suck it up" "too stupid so you deserved it" "why didnt you use warp" "why not wait for scheduled warp"

To answer that: I am an ark crafter but I need to buy MTL and sell my crafted items on caly and so I always have to make multiple trips back and forth. If I were to use warp then that's 30ped +7ped tp down for each trip and so that is 74ped total. So if I were to make 10-15 trips back and forth then that would of cost me 740 to 1110ped per month in fee. How am I able to put that into the expense? I'm rarely able to use the scheduled warp since I cant make it to that 'scheduled' time. There are options to buy starfinder or MS but at what price? 40k to 100k???

So instead of just taking it as is, shouldnt we be asking why is this game based on real money but allow people to steal your money? What ever happened to the instant tp? maybe take away lootable for space pvp?

Why do people play this or any game? One of the answer and most important of all is 'FUN'. So does any of you who's money were stolen have fun?

So instead of keep overloading us with 'new' items, 'new' permanent bugs aka features, 'new' unwanted implements, shouldnt MA stopped all activities and start asking themselves the fundamental questions? How to make the game fun and bug free? What are the players looking for or wanting in the game? Do players want this game to become pokemon?

Now, MA please tell me why I should play any longer?
- hunting loot return are only 80-90% TT not including armor, weapon or fap
- people stealing my money when i tried to travel in space
- 18.6% chance to lose at TT and 5% chance if you use max qr bp (L) BUT dont be fooled with that. The real success chance is only about 37%.

I had to adapt to stay alive for as long as i did but did you guys even think or plan the balance between hunting, crafting, and mining? Tons of my bps are useless since items dont drop anymore. Or how about weapons craft that not many people do since did you realized that the new (L) weapons have lower TT and have high drop rate? How does one survive when you tried to craft the item but each click is 20ish ped while having "81.4%" aka 34% success rate? So if in 20 clicks, you get 7 success but 4 failed and 9 near success (0.5 to 20ped BUT avg return of less than 50%). now let's calc that, cost to make is 400ped tt with -80ped failed -90ped near success (180*50%) = 170ped loss. Each of my 7 crafted items have to make at least +24 ped in order for me to survive..

I am seriously thinking of withdrawing just like tons of other people whom already did just in case some of you havent noticed. The game is heading into the wrong direction and is getting worst and worst unless MA make some drastic changes.

There are tons of other topics I could discuss but i'm too angry and my mind are too scattered so I'll end it here for now..

Wow, how big is your post.
now i want to talk about you and your gameplay .

first of all you created avatar about 2 years ago.

after few months of hunting , when max proffstanging was ~35 lvl you get UNlimited gun (herman asi ten edition) that worth shitloads of peds (in your selling thread you sodl it for tt+55k). (ask who can say that in 2 years looted any item that worth such peds?)

(you made that gun 1.6 tier by shooting it even not maxed) - Mindark long ago sayd that - be shior you shoot with maxed guns. (if your gun is not maxed - you get sib ) but loose part of eco.)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=290891&catid=member&imageuser=47002

when you made ccrean taht you already tiered gun it shows your hit was 8.4 and damage was not maxed too.

i am verry apolorgize but knowing about your level was 34~ your eco to gun was about 2.3

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=290931&catid=member&imageuser=47002

insimple calulation compairing gun eco 3.0 and gon with 2.3 eco , after shooting 100ped . you loose about 21 ped ped 100 ped by shooting only because you are not maxed your gun. (100 ped shooting with eco 3 is same as 130 ped shooting with eco 2.3 - same damage)

You got so many nice loot that even hidden your avatar in entropia life.

seems you play here 2 years already but fuck up when someone loot you 50 ped ?

Now we can talk about your activity ?

1. buying welding wire bp ? for 200% wow, even i afraid for crafting a, and you just go for it.
2. Buying pyrite ????? shows that you pay ~200% for ore, than trye to craft it ? to make enchancers ??
i dont say that shooting enchancers is BAD, but knowing your skills do you really have maxed bp to start ecen craft it ? :D i played 6 years and i still dont have naturally rized skills to craft weapon damage enhancer :))
3. Selling lvl 3 amps in bulk :D - same. Crafting lyst (110%) + blaus(115%) + Narc(117%) + basic sheet metal (137%) to get 107% for level 3 amps ? is that reasonable :D
4. Buying arkadia weapon bks. - do you have skills for it ? liek cap-6 desert

I think almost 90% of people that are playing now about2 years this game will agree that you do not have right to complain here, even got nice loots, and lost by doing dump things.

if you dont agree, dont be mad at me just show us your proof by numbers, not just mad opinion that you had bad time here.

When i go and loose shit doing stupid things , i blame ma , i think my return is 30%, bet i start calculate i see i have worst return in game that was 70% tt return. And done stupid things by burning up markup that not goes to ma, it goes to people who selling it.

so be reasonable and once again - dont blame Mindark if you got looted by another person.

Dont go to forest if you afraid of wolfs.

Last edited:
Gratz Bender!! Rum's on you tonight lol :laugh:
Cursed_Pirate_Treasure_by_DeadlyLampshley.jpg

You have barely begun and play and loot such a great gun, and now you weep at the loss of 1500 ped in your own stupidity because you know it's pvp.

I think a possible way to solve a bunch of the looting problems in space - make a function that tells you whether you have lootable items on your person. If that was done before you went to space you would know if you had lootable items or not - thus making it clearly the individuals responsibility whether they lost their items due to pvp. It would work for me as I lost a bunch of ped by carrying a container that had a bunch of stuff in it. I did not know I had the container with me as it was at the bottom of inventory.

I think a possible way to solve a bunch of the looting problems in space - make a function that tells you whether you have lootable items on your person. If that was done before you went to space you would know if you had lootable items or not - thus making it clearly the individuals responsibility whether they lost their items due to pvp. It would work for me as I lost a bunch of ped by carrying a container that had a bunch of stuff in it. I did not know I had the container with me as it was at the bottom of inventory.

This is the best suggestion relating to lootable space. We need to be EASILY see if we have stackables on us at a moment's glance, and what the total value of them is. There are graphical bugs I encounter all the time that make materials in my inventory invisible, and of course the stackables in container issue is one I deal with every day as well.

Until we have this feature, pirates are simply preying on people who don't think they have any stackables on them but because of bugs or whatever other reason, can't see them. And anyone still wonders why pirates are hated? If Mindark wants to make piracy a part of the game they need to enable this feature.

I have said this many many times and I'll say it again:

BEFORE GOING INTO LOOTABLE PVP:
Go to resources tab in inventory => Press compact button
Go to materials tab in inventory => Press compact button

Something there? => Don't enter lootable (or risk losing)
Nothing there? => Continue, it's safe

No need for any tools or something, just check it yourself.... You get a warning before going into lootable, that should be enough for you to understand you have to check your inventory first.

No need for any tools or something, just check it yourself.... You get a warning before going into lootable, that should be enough for you to understand you have to check your inventory first.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. If it were, there would be no need for any additional features.

1) Many people store lootables in containers. These containers are in your miscellaneous tab, and in the container window, stackables could be hiding behind other things like blueprints.

2) Items in the "materials" and "mined resources" tabs can go invisible and require at least a relog to show.

People who deal with pecs of stackables can simply check the two tabs of inventory as you suggested. Crafters and other players who deal with significant amounts of stackables on a daily basis need to at least relog before double checking inventory.

Ever wonder why pirates continue to pirate? If you've been to space a lot without relogging and double checking, then most likely you've already been looted without knowing it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it's not that simple. If it were, there would be no need for any additional features.

Actually, it's simple. Even if there thousands of shit, which will appear after relog only.

In case of going into space, system runs "death routine" simulation (because person can be looted with "hidden" shit easily) - in case if total TT to be looted is > 0 then warning window with LIST OF SHIT to be looted and TOTAL TT to be lost (in blinking red). And instead of simple YES or NO buttons - YES is "disabled" and checkbox [ ] "Yes, I am Idiot" here. Checkbox checked, YES in "enabled" state - BANZAI.

If total TT to be looted = 0 (or even equal or less just for shitz) - then simple window with 5 seconds countdown "APPROACHING TO SPACE" and button "cancel" in case if you got there accidentally.

PS: forgot - bonus in such way is - system asking you ONLY if you have shit. So, there will be no "automatic-clicking-yes".

To this day, I don't understand MA's principle behind lootable space, to me its plain stupid. That said, the OP tops that stupidity and has the fucking nerve to even complain about being shot down, lol ...

That's like walking into a minefield knowing it is one and thinking to himself oh FUUUUUU ... when blown up.

Suck it up, you were an idiot and someone took advantage of it, guess what, happens a million times every day on the planet called earth.

Angel

I agree with this post. It's a simple check to see if there's anything that's lootable before you go into space. If you're one of the people that use containers, then you know you should check to see if you have anything in them. As for a bug hiding loot? Never had that problem before, if you're unsure, log out and recheck. Even if we had the auto-notification that you have stackables, those people with the bug are gonna have to relog anyway. Besides, I've yet to hear of any situation where "I didn't know I had 1k of loot on me because I didn't see it!" has happened.

I don't think MA should spend any time on developing another feature that would end up causing more time and money on their part if their warning system didn't work like it should. We're always going to have people crying about one thing or another in EU, this one issue isn't even an issue IMO.

t's a simple check to see if there's anything that's lootable before you go into space. If you're one of the people that use containers, then you know you should check to see if you have anything in them. As for a bug hiding loot? Never had that problem before

Couldn't disagree more. You misunderstand the real issues some of us face. Many of us have dozens of containers nested within containers in order to hold the thousands of items we need. A container containing 60 or 100 different items, have you tried to see how difficult it is to be sure there are no stackables hiding there? Would you like to spend an hour or more checking every time you went to space? That's what your simple check would involve. No, the only "simple" check for those who use multiple containers is to be looted by a friend in space or planet lootable PVP. That's the only way to make sure, and it costs 5 ped to do that, and of course there's also a risk you could be looted by someone else during the procedure.

The invisibility issue is just that... invisibility only. The system knows the stackables are there, it is only you who can't see them. The pirate gets them even if you're killed, so the system is fully aware of what you have in your inventory at all times. There's no impediment to displaying this info in the game interface.

Couldn't disagree more. You misunderstand the real issues some of us face. Many of us have dozens of containers nested within containers in order to hold the thousands of items we need. A container containing 60 or 100 different items, have you tried to see how difficult it is to be sure there are no stackables hiding there? Would you like to spend an hour or more checking every time you went to space? That's what your simple check would involve. No, the only "simple" check for those who use multiple containers is to be looted by a friend in space or planet lootable PVP. That's the only way to make sure, and it costs 5 ped to do that, and of course there's also a risk you could be looted by someone else during the procedure.

The invisibility issue is just that... invisibility only. The system knows the stackables are there, it is only you who can't see them. The pirate gets them even if you're killed, so the system is fully aware of what you have in your inventory at all times. There's no impediment to displaying this info in the game interface.

This just dumbfounds me. Who's going to bury stackables that far in, and why? Very inefficient, time consuming, and just leads to more questions that I don't see how MA should even bother to try to plan for. Whoever uses this system of burying 'thousands' of items need to make a personal rule of where their lootables are going. This is just too convoluted and crazy to even talk about. I apologize to anyone that has this problem, and is offended that I find it stupid.

This just dumbfounds me. Who's going to bury stackables that far in, and why? Very inefficient, time consuming, and just leads to more questions that I don't see how MA should even bother to try to plan for. Whoever uses this system of burying 'thousands' of items need to make a personal rule of where their lootables are going. This is just too convoluted and crazy to even talk about. I apologize to anyone that has this problem, and is offended that I find it stupid.

i have 2500 items, storage limit is 500?
I HAVE to nest items

Think I'll have to agree with Max, Neil and Narfi on this.

I mean the system already knows what CAN be looted off us in the event of being killed in PVP lootable space and will take those items off us to give it to the killer. So how hard is it to make a warning window to tell us what will be looted off us and how much it is in total TT before we head off to space?

Peeps playing in this game holding "that much peds worth of items" deserves to have such a fail-safe in position to protect their money.

Its the system's fault that we have only such limited amount of storage space, 500, compared to the astronomical amount of obsolete items, present items and soon-to-be items that gets added into the game every now and then...so much so that we're forced to put things into containers and even nest them into each other just so that we can have enough space to put the materials we have collected.

For me, its still okay since I'm pretty much just a beggar in the streets of calypso, so that storage space of 500 is about enough for me to live by. But can you imagine the hunters, miners and crafters with their sets of armors, weapons, crafting materials and whatnots having to live within that limit? What choice do they have other than to rely on containers?

Even for me now, when I go into space, I often wonder...will the items I have inside my containers in my inventory now be looted? Even though I know that only materials and mined materials get looted and those that I placed inside them are only armors, blueprints, amps and some mindforce chips (and those aren't lootable), I can't help but still wonder...have I forgotten anything or are those really not lootable?

I think that the idea to have a list presented to us before entering space showing what we risk is fantastic!

In my opinion, MA needs to implement this toot sweet!

i have 2500 items, storage limit is 500?
I HAVE to nest items

I'm not arguing the storage limit issue, I use containers myself. In fact, it's ultimately necessary. My comment was relating to not knowing what you're bringing into pvp that can be looted, and how you have to filter through every storage item you have to make sure you weren't flying into space pvp at a risk.

Basically, if you have a hundred storage containers, and you were worried you had stackables, looking through every storage container would take time...agreed. Just customize containers for stackables and put them in there? Perhaps more than one if needed?

I found the argument that you would spend hours looking through every storage mind boggling.

I don't think kiddy proofing the game any more will help people realize space is lootable. You could add six million warnings and someone will still fuck it up.

After awhile, MA could spend forever coddling people, and not fix real issues with the game.

I don't know. I haven't been looted in space once. That's because I just take my time to make sure I don't carry anything lootable there...... ever. Simple. :) Unless I'm a multy millionaire who is bored and has too much money. Maybe then.... :dunno:

Actually, it's simple. Even if there thousands of shit, which will appear after relog only.

In case of going into space, system runs "death routine" simulation (because person can be looted with "hidden" shit easily) - in case if total TT to be looted is > 0 then warning window with LIST OF SHIT to be looted and TOTAL TT to be lost (in blinking red). And instead of simple YES or NO buttons - YES is "disabled" and checkbox [ ] "Yes, I am Idiot" here. Checkbox checked, YES in "enabled" state - BANZAI.

If total TT to be looted = 0 (or even equal or less just for shitz) - then simple window with 5 seconds countdown "APPROACHING TO SPACE" and button "cancel" in case if you got there accidentally.

PS: forgot - bonus in such way is - system asking you ONLY if you have shit. So, there will be no "automatic-clicking-yes".
Simple and elegant.
Most of the time i wouldn't even have to click anything when i go to space - that's a bonus.

I have to stick my two peds worth in. The first week in game a soc mate on mine issued what i refer to as "coz rule number 1"

NEVER TAKE STACKABLES INTO SPACE

This has served me well and on occasion I have ignored this rule but never with any items I wasn't prepared to lose.

Two days ago , I got Mulmun as a daily mission on Caly. So I dutifully took my toxic shot and went into PVP 4 and started hunting them knowing full well that at any moment I could be shot and looted by a PK's who would far outgun and out experience me.

Guess what I got shot and looted twice but I did get my daily token. All players with more than a month's in game experience know the risks of entering space or pvp 4.

There are ways around this as previously stated. As an example last year 2 soc mates and I had each gathered the materials to trade for a set of Viceroy Armour. I muled all the loot and we flew from Caly to Ark on the soc's privateer. I was comfortably logged off for the warp jump and when we arrived at Ark SS I got a skype message from my soc mate saying we had arrived. I logged back on and paid the TP fee down to the planet. Job done , 3 sets of materials for skull candy armour roughly 1500 ped safely delivered to their destination.

To the OP I am sorry for your loss but to be honest you don't dangle your legs in a pool of sharks and expect not to get bitten, you might even dangle them for a while without a bite but eventually it's going to happen. Furthermore you are now a known target which means your ability to quietly smuggle goods between planets is gone and every time a pirate spots you now they are going to take a shot at you.

My 2 ped's worth and you can all say what you like it's only my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

I think that the idea to have a list presented to us before entering space showing what we risk is fantastic!

In my opinion, MA needs to implement this toot sweet!

One of the solutions was my suggestion of a text based storage system - easier to sort, easier to find things and quicker to load. Sadly ignored by MA.

It would be a simple addition to add a Lootable property to the display as the property is on every item.

Back