Looted in space. Why should I play any longer?

berentain

Old
Society
Digital Resistance
Berentain Berentain Korodullin
zzzZZZzzzz

Last edited:
Why should you play any longer? Because addiction.

Apart from offering my condolences, I don't think there's anything else that I can comment upon.

:grouphug:

You've drafted your email in the heat of the moment and clearly and understandably you are upset. I think you raise a couple of good points about us participating in a RCE and the idea of theft / stealing within.

Remember though this other player would have no idea how much you were carrying and was perhaps his lucky day in getting hold of what is not an insignificant sum of PED (and IRL cash - I have never myself had that much ammo on my avatar and very rarely had a PED card with that amount on it, so I do feel for you).

This is an excellent (albeit unfortunate) example of why we receive PVP warnings (space or otherwise) and why some players can take the opportunity to be a 'pirate' and conduct themselves this way. I suppose you could say it was going to happen sooner or later :(

Suck it up - youre only pissed because your assumed profits took a hit. You decided that you should have a certain profit for what you do and when you got pk'd in space you got hit with a reality check. There is one proviso in this game Only put in what you can afford to lose and factor in Everything - in here that means Dont carry huge amounts unprotected in space ITS PVP!!
Apart from that sorry for your loss its a bummer getting PK'd in space :wise:

I will just remind you how I finished recent article about AUD and CLD

Investing big amount of money in video game is a huge risk. If you lose all your money following some of the advices on this blog all AxeMurderer can offer is a hug.

Hugs-332x332.jpg

I guess this is all I can do for you, untill there is insurance company for lootables in space.

May be if we could play for an entire month doing what we want at most levels for $30-$40 a month people wouldn't get so pissed when things go wrong.

I have just one question - why I never been killed with loot in space? Probably because I'm not so stupid (I'm sorry, it's not insulting personally!) as OP.
I also fly almost every day but I'm smart enough to wait for EFA when I fly with the loot.
MA has nothing to do with it. It's just whining.

Now we are waiting for the show :popcorn:

Pirates exist because there are still people carrying 1500 ped in lootables into space without any form of security.
How is that mindarks fault, was it unknown to you that its lootable pvp ?

I agree with you that space suck, and lootable pvp in space suck even more but at least most people wouln'd dare to do what you did. Its one thing to dislike a feature of entropia but a different matter to ignore it and get burned.

If you must craft on ark, even if you buy your mats on caly and sell your stuff on caly i suggest a higher bankroll to reduce space flights. I also think that some ships offer some kind of flatrate for flights and if you fly that often you could try to negotiate a discount. I know you are angry right now, take a few days off entropia get some sleep and reflect what happend and how to avoid it in the future.

hmmm... i cant believe ppl are risking so much ped again and again.

Also i dunno how he can shot u, in times where u see if somebody is waiting for u at spacestation. If u see someone "Nearby", just dont go into PVP.

Also there are always People who would share warps, and if u use MS Services u can get a drop at Atmo...

Sorry to say that, but loosing 1.5 K ped at that Point is just stupid.

And btw... if u would not Profit from what u do... why do it then ?

So about an hr ago I was shot down by Bender Chances Mark II and he stole at least 1.5k ped from me. .....

This just makes me mad , and you need to sort your logistics out .

I feel with people doing mistakes, I am myself professional in that and I managed to demotivated myself quite a lot.

But I cannot feel for you here, you entered the PVP zone, more then well knowing what you are doing (to save few peds) and you got shot.. What do you expect now? That we all tell you , "yeah the game sux!11!!11eleven"?

You got what you deserved for being a cheap ass! ;)

Pecka

Unless you really want to do VIP trips , lets look at the costings:

On Mothership:
12 warp trips say 120 ped .
12 entries @ atomosphere 24 ped
144 ped.
Time: Total 2 hours

In quad :
12 trips 2 ped oil per trip 24 ped
12 entries to planet 24 ped
48 ped
Time: Total 6 hours

cost difference -96ped but with 100% safety for your carried loot and at least 4 hours saved . How much could you have made in those 4 hours ?

Last edited:
That sucks, but you knew the risks. Sometimes the hard way is the best way to learn.

Just withdraw and laugh at fanboys crying here, when this game ends. :)

until MA realize what a huge fuckup space is you should just stay on calypso like many other do. More and more people don't bother to travel to other planets and this will eventually kill planet partners but this will not change before MA remove lootable pvp or remove space...

I fee some empathy for the OP as he has suffered a loss but why oh why would you travel in Space with an amount of PED that you cant afford to loose?

berentain, I also craft and sell items on different planets but I keep the transporting of Mats to a minimum and always try to transport only the finished item. If you really need to transport Mats, why not fly to the planet empty, buy a substantial supply and then set your alarm and wake up once a week/month for a scheduled 7 PED warp?? No need to spend 70+ PED a trip, mine cost me 16 PED plus Oil.

Or am I missing something? :scratch2:

Dirk

Sorry for your loss.

That being said, your imprudence's going to hit every other space traveler. I used to be shot down half a dozen times a week (never lost anything, of course) but for the last 2-3 months the space was calm and giving impression that pirates finally went broke and gave up. I'm sure that this lull is over now that you gave them a new incentive.

gratz to bender then I guess. OP I dont see how you can argue or expect him to pay you back :eyecrazy:

sorry..

Well you accepted the risk when you enter pvp zone so its on you.But i suggest you to craft on calypso so you dont have to make those trips and than sell final products wherever you want :D I lost also decent ammoun from pirates but i know it was on my soul.

Don't feed the Pirates! :wise:

Sure the argument stands that getting VIP flights all of the time eats into profit, but the balance here is really one of time.

With some scheduled flights as low as 2 ped (or free!), with atmos entry they work out to be the exact same price (or cheaper!) that transporting in your quad. Even taking a more average flight price of around say 4 ped per warp[1] the price difference between that and a quad flight are negligible. Especially taking into account that one takes 10 mins tops, and the other several hours.

However, on your point that you can never make a scheduled flight, then I guess the question is how strong is that never. If I had stacks of a few k peds to transport, but all the flights were say 4am my time, Id simply stack them till the end of the week, and get up for half an hour one night, get transported, and go back to bed!

But ofc it could be that you are working or just really busy IRL during all scheduled flights but bear in mind that there are quite a few service providers, Titans of Space, EFA, Entropia transport to name a few, so the vast majority of the time there is a ship running 7 days a week.

Unfortunately currently the schedules are all centered around roughly the same time. When we started off the scheduled flights all those years ago, this time frame suited us (Europeans) and was the busy time for transport. It just seems to have stuck. Id love to see services running schedules for our Australian, American, Canadian, Asian etc friends, however I think it might be a supply and demand issue ( I dunno I'm in bed!).

So the issue really comes down to that you weighed up your options of
VIP vs Timing of a scheduled jump vs risking it - and lost :(

Pirates are going to do, what pirates are going to do ( im shocked he offered you money back!) - and they will hope there are many other people like you around who will also look at the above equation, and deem "risking it" as the best option... :rolleyes:

Could there be another solution? There are many warp capable ships and many who offer flights ( links in lots of sigs). How about approaching one of these smaller enterprises and seeing if you can negotiate a deal. Find one in your time zone, and just ask what sort of bulk buy you could do, and if you can work out a mutually beneficial arrangement :) Simplez!

[1]Price reference

Last edited:
Berentain
I’m sorry for your loss truly but you don’t seem to be a noob or even a stupid player, you actually seem to have a good idea/concept of what is going on in the game. What I fail to see is why, why did you try to go in space with loot? Especially when there are safer and faster was to travel with loot. You say “I lost 1500ped” but could not afford a 30 ped VIP and a 7 ped TP? I mean “REALLY” that does not make sense!!! I understand you are angry but you yourself even said it would cost you less a month than what you just lost. You would have saved 760 to 390 ped had you used a warp service.

As an avid crafter I move 5-30K of loot regularly and I always & I mean “ALWAYS” use a warp service, why? Simply put the safety and security that it brings to me & my loot. The question you really need to ask yourself is can you afford to take these kinds of losses and if not how can you minimize your losses. I DO NOT CONDONE piracy at all nor do I agree with it, but in my years in the EU I see it as a necessary evil now to keep the balance in space in place. See what I mean is this without pirates anyone could fly from point A ----->B with no fear of losing a dime, whereas with pirates there is that risk of getting caught and getting looted. Thus comes in the MS/privateer owners with their VIP and scheduled flight services.

Some people like to take the big risk like you did and some will win like you have several times before and most will lose like you did this time. All you have done here is place a target on your back to every known pirate who reads the forums, so expect to be shot down every time you try to travel in space because you just let the whole community know you are a heavy carrier of loot in space and don’t use the warp services that are out there.

Your title reeks of someone who is looking for pity or sympathy by starting a post with “Why should I play any longer”. If you are looking for those then this is not the place to try and get it. If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend then that would be the best place to get it not here. Threads like these are a dime a dozen (ie posted daily) why should I play any longer----I just got looted in space------ why have pvp 4 and I could go on and on and on but I won’t.

The simple fact of the matter is this, you knowingly took the risk/responsibility of traveling in space with loot in your quad/sleipnir, knowing full well of the consequences/risk and rewards of your actions. This is what you and everyone else who carries loot in space has to ponder when traveling via personal transportation before you actually get looted. (and this is just a few)

1. If I fly myself I can save 35 ped
2. If I lose it will cost me my loot (in this case 1500ped)
3. But if I succeed I am VICTORIOUS and sneaky
4. If I lose then I lose my loot (in this case 1500ped)
5. What are the “chances” that I will get shot down (<--punt intended)

You rolled the dice and crapped out my friend in other words you lost, had you said man I’m going to get a VIP and split it with some other people. Which we all have done a time or two, or three, or four well you get the point. It might have taken you 30-45 minutes to get enough people to have it only cost you 5-10 ped but….. hey your safe and have all your loot and it would have taken you that long anyway to fly there yourself. What I would say to you like many others will say is you should have waited or used a VIP warp service you too the risk and lost.

But to answer your posted question “Why should I play any longer” because the EU needs stupid people to make stupid choices like;

It was stupid to carry that much loot into space in a quad/sleipnir.
It was stupid to think that you can make it safely from point A-->B.
It was stupid to think that you would save 37 ped on a VIP warp. (it cost you 1463ped more not to use one this time)

I’m not saying you are stupid (unless you try it again) you just made a stupid choice and it cost you 1500ped. My advice is learn by it and pull out the ped card to deposit, to make up for your loses and when you think back on this and go :laugh: how stupid was that :yup: and chock it up as a 1500ped learning experience. Or keep blaming someone else for your stupidity and deposit anyway or there is rage quitting and if you do that can I have your quad/sleipnir there is another planet Toulan that I have yet to place a quad on just in case I forget mine on another planet while taking a scheduled warp.

In any case ONLY you can make that choice “To play or not to play, that is the question” I SAY PLAY ON DUDE.

If the OP hadn't known about motherships, warp, lootable pvp in space; i would have felt for him.

He did know, he took risk knowing........... sorry man is your fault.

If the OP hadn't known about motherships, warp, lootable pvp in space; i would have felt for him.

He did know, he took risk knowing........... sorry man is your fault.

Sad loss but truly @ your own risk....don't take risks. Yours is a big (minor) gamble than a small one.
Don't attempt to blame others, you know space is populated with loot pheromones for psychopaths.

his fault or not who cares. Other fools will follow and especially new players who travel through space for the very first time.
Mindark will loose paying fools over lootable space because it designed a system that enables online theft of virtual currencies. (10 ped=1dollar ). These fools may stop playing over this. And we can all laugh at them and call them stupid. But when the game dies there will be nobody to laugh at. Lootable space only brings sadness, sadness leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side..

1. Someone shall start insurance service for space travelers ( and become rich )

2. MA shall consider creating "Concord Police"

3. This thread is great PR job for space pirates. We need more of them. It was pirating HoF.

4. The more pirates we have in EU we faster get rid of stupid travelers.

5. "Lootable pvp space" is innocent...release it ! ;)

6. I am really sorry for OP's loss...I was stupid myself once too and lost Exa's skull I was grinding for whole weekend on RT ( so i know the pain) :/

Back