We need offline trading options

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
The same scenario
Two players trying to do a trade in opposite time zones. Yes for a single item, sometimes you can use the auction. But for multiple items it gets hard.
Why can we not have a trade tab added to the message centre. Two players agree on the items to be traded and costs. Player A puts item in trade window, selects sale price, locked to trade partner B. When trade partner B logs in, they see the trade message and item, if item is correct, they put Peds in their trade window and reply and accept the trade. Player A gets their Ped and Player B has item. Not hard to do, would make life much easier.

Cheers
Bjorn

The same scenario
Two players trying to do a trade in opposite time zones. Yes for a single item, sometimes you can use the auction. But for multiple items it gets hard.
Why can we not have a trade tab added to the message centre. Two players agree on the items to be traded and costs. Player A puts item in trade window, selects sale price, locked to trade partner B. When trade partner B logs in, they see the trade message and item, if item is correct, they put Peds in their trade window and reply and accept the trade. Player A gets their Ped and Player B has item. Not hard to do, would make life much easier.

Cheers
Bjorn

Mall, apartament, shop keepers price will drop
will rize number of traders (making money from nothing)
that is how changing economics to reduce mu on materials , because knowing our system traders they will sell materials cheaper and cheaper like was with aud (+1 pec proffit sells)

Some games have advanced offline messaging with option to send or recive appart message also items and money.
Once you get email you can see and examine that item and its price ( similar window pop up like with online personal trading) and if you agree and put money - here peds from ped card to that trade window - deal is made and you recive item even if seller is offline.

As long as there are 42 confirmation windows.

You sure?

You really sure?

You really really sure?

No really are you positive?

Really positive?

Ok this is your 32nd to last chance... you sure?

etc etc

To stop the "omg i sold my stuff for to low" threads.

Some games have advanced offline messaging with option to send or recive appart message also items and money.
Once you get email you can see and examine that item and its price ( similar window pop up like with online personal trading) and if you agree and put money - here peds from ped card to that trade window - deal is made and you recive item even if seller is offline.

yes and i could say it is awsome if it could make perfect system, but as i know in some games there is alot prolems because of - lost messages, arrived to wrong recipient, message validation if not answered and so on.

I agree with you that it would be great,
but in other hands such things as "seperate planet economics","almost same nick names(cheating)" and knowing history, that not even 1 bigger update came without bugs, i could think it could wait :)

Last edited:
I think this could be achieved if MA implemented private auctions, restricted only to one buyer and excluded from affecting MU to prevent manipulations.
That way you could be sure that deal is honored (eg. nobody else would buy it) and MA still gets cut from that sale.

and lo, the need for offline trading came to be...
and The Great Lord Lootius did unto his messenger, the Brown Coats deliver shops... and shopkeepers

and it was good...

and the need arose from the colonist for one-on-one offline trading...
and lo, the guestlist in apartments holding shopkeepers came in to being

and it was good.

I think it's a fantastic idea.

MA should be doing everything possible to facilitate trade because it invites new deposits, brings market stability, and gives liquidity to those that need the peds for game play or a new purchase.

. Mall, apartament, shop keepers price will drop

No they won't

What the OP is talking about is a private person to person transaction.

will rize number of traders (making money from nothing)

You are wrong on both parts. First it will not increase the number of traders simply because the proposed idea requires that you individually still have to find the buyer or seller yourself. Moreover, any resourceful trader can easily overcome time zone barriers already.

Second, traders do not make money from nothing. First they need to have PED to make PED which requires investment on their part. A trader assumes the same risks as anyone else with regard to falling prices and even paying too much due to incorrectly estimating value. If you had the slightest clue how the EU economy actually functioned then you would know that this game would not be possible if it weren't for traders willing to take risks by buying items and resources. People who do such things bring market stability and without them the volatility would be so high that no one would be willing to buy anything with any markup at which point the entire game economy would seize and the game would die.

that is how changing economics to reduce mu on materials , because knowing our system traders they will sell materials cheaper and cheaper like was with aud (+1 pec proffit sells)

First of all, if it's a private person to transaction, like what we are talking about in this thread, it doesn't matter what prices people sell for because private trades don't get recorded in the auction history which means it won't affect the perceived price.

Second, typically the traders will sell for the median price or toward the top of the value range. The people who sell cheap are the ones who need the ped immediately for game play which usually is the person who looted the item in the first place.

The Great Lord Lootius

Lootius is the devil... Stop worshiping the devil.

I'm not kidding.

100% Agree ;)

Even like a drop box thing ( to negate the making space useless part ;)

Where I could pop down to Ark, stick items into the drop box with selected options,like - Collecting avatars name, payment amount etc. Then the collecting avatar operates the drop box, and it would pop up saying " you have x items waiting for you - accept now for xx ped?" If they don't accept within 7 days then the items get put back in the original persons storage.

The drop box wouldn't even need to be physical, almost like an extension of your storage.

Or maybe that's too complicated :scratch2::laugh:

In other popular space game (you must know what for game i mean), we using contract system.
I vote 'No' to 'message trading'!!!! But maybe 'yes' for contract system.
This system allows:
- Creating private contracts and public contracts.
- Creating trade contracts and item(s) delivering contracts
- Contracts for multiple items (like armor sets)
...and much more.
But I doubt that here in EU this system is possible, because implementing and using this system leads to increasing scam and for deception of players, as happens in that other game!

The same scenario

Cheers
Bjorn

This is called escrow and yes, it would be a very nice feature to have in this rce game. +1

Player B can also put the ped and any other agreed upon trade items up first and when player A sees the payment is locked in, he/she puts the item in.

There should also be an expiration deadline eg 3 days or whatever, wherein if one party fails to put in the agreed upon item(s) or ped then the transaction is cancelled and any locked items/ped are freed up and returned.

Last edited:
This is called escrow and yes, it would be a very nice feature to have in this rce game. +1

Player B can also put the ped and any other agreed upon trade items up first and when player A sees the payment is locked in, he/she puts the item in.

There should also be an expiration deadline eg 3 days or whatever, wherein if one party fails to put in the agreed upon item(s) or ped then the transaction is cancelled and any locked items/ped are freed up and returned.

This would need to be a dedicated terminal otherwise it could be used as a way to get items from lootable pvp areas. It should also be limited per planet - while we still have lootable space.

If it were a terminal it would first display the option to collect or send items. For collecting it shows two panels, one with the item/s being collected and the second the requirements to do so which could be an item or a ped value. Once this has been dropped onto the panel the player can collect the items.

For sending items it's a similar system except that the player adds the requirements for trade. When someone sends an item it also sends a message to the other player that they have an item to collect.

Yeah it would indeed be very useful to many of us, but I wonder how many hours of programming time it would take to implement (and bugfix ;) )?

Would definitely like to see it after we get our pets back! :bull:

Yeah it would indeed be very useful to many of us, but I wonder how many hours of programming time it would take to implement (and bugfix ;) )?

Would definitely like to see it after we get our pets back! :bull:

You said it, - hours, not days or months because code already exist in EU.
You can sell items offline on auction where you offer to sell your items to anyone from entire playerbase.
So for idea discussed here wud need small code to filter out all players except person you indicated as mail recipient.
To avoid some unespected possibilities maybe wud need to put restriction as to where is possible to send or recive that type of email - ie in peacefull zone and not in pvp.

Last edited:
This would need to be a dedicated terminal otherwise it could be used as a way to get items from lootable pvp areas. It should also be limited per planet - while we still have lootable space.

If it were a terminal it would first display the option to collect or send items. For collecting it shows two panels, one with the item/s being collected and the second the requirements to do so which could be an item or a ped value. Once this has been dropped onto the panel the player can collect the items.

For sending items it's a similar system except that the player adds the requirements for trade. When someone sends an item it also sends a message to the other player that they have an item to collect.

Yeah, good point about lootable pvp. The last thing you would want is to be in lootable pvp and getting a message saying, "Trade with so-and-so successful! The following items have been placed in your personal inventory...[stackable stuff]."

The same scenario

Cheers
Bjorn

Completely agree, such a pain to find a time and place to trade, even more so with all the different planets.

Best regards
Zweshi

After seeing this thread, the very first thing that comes to mind is the game I've recently did an article on. It had a kind of mail system whereby the person had to physically visit a "mailbox" (found in major cities) in order to retrieve mails.

When sending mails, there's an option to attach items to it. But the more items you've attached, the higher the cost of sending that mail. (There's a limit of 5 to 10 attachments only per mail, so if you wish to send more, you will have to send multiple mails.)

Additionally, there's also a feature called the "C.O.D." (Cash on Delivery) that is incorporated into the mailing system. If you've keyed in a price in the COD box, then in order for the receiver to get those stuff within the mail, he or she will have to pay the aforementioned price. Else, the mail gets returned to the sender after a certain time limit.

If something like this does get implemented, then I suspect that we might have to enter the "full name" of the avatar to whom we're sending the mail. And while unlikely to get implemented, it would indeed make things easier for us to do 1-1 trades with people in different timezones, for the stuff we've managed to buy or sell via the forum threads though...

Yeah, good point about lootable pvp. The last thing you would want is to be in lootable pvp and getting a message saying, "Trade with so-and-so successful! The following items have been placed in your personal inventory...[stackable stuff]."

Not only that but it could mean transferring it out of pvp zones.

Imagine if you could transfer in space, send all your stuff through the which ever method it was to a friend at the station at other end. So transfer in space isn't an option.

I'd suggest housing it in a single building per planet like a post office rather than having them everywhere.

We're unlikely to be sending stuff to random people, just people on our friends list otherwise well known players could be bombarded with stuff. Imagine if your a pirate and you're constantly being sent dung ;)

What could be done is if the person sending the item gets a code which they cab then send via the forum to the other player who then uses it to collect and pay. To avoid people guessing codes it would need to be at least random 8 letter and number combo.

Last edited:
The same scenario

Cheers
Bjorn

You will have too many options.

For example, is the item being traded of the TT value you expect?
What if you are trading one item for another? What about TT values in this case?
Or one item for a few items + peds + CLDs + AUDs?

It gets alot more complicated unless it is for items of a fixed tt (mining resources, skins, etc), directly for peds.

In which case, it is similar to auction. And auction already allows you to "trade" everything else.

You will have too many options.

For example, is the item being traded of the TT value you expect?
What if you are trading one item for another? What about TT values in this case?
Or one item for a few items + peds + CLDs + AUDs?

It gets alot more complicated unless it is for items of a fixed tt (mining resources, skins, etc), directly for peds.

In which case, it is similar to auction. And auction already allows you to "trade" everything else.

What's so complicated about two people agreeing to trade different types of items and peds? It would be just like the current trade window system, except both parties wouldn't have to be on at the same time because of different time zones, being at work, etc. which is the OP's point (I think).

For instance, they could agree here on the forums via posts or pms the exact amount of what they want to trade and the time limit deadline for the trade to be completed. Then they each log on whenever they can and set the terms into the feature - whatever the feature would be called - along with the name of their trading partner, then place their end of the bargain intto the feature and are locked in. Once the terms have been set, only the exact amount of items and exact amount of peds in that setting will be allowed in.

If someone accidentally puts in the wrong amount of an item or ped or an item that wasn't set in the terms setting step, then a message will come up saying that item or amount isnt allowed.

When the feature recognizes that the terms have been met on both sides within the agreed upon time limit, the items/peds are released to their new owners. No further confirmation needed.

If the agreed upon time limit expires and for whatever reason, one or both the parties didn't put in all of what they were supposed to, then whatever items and peds that were placed in are returned to their original owners.

Yes, the AH allows trade without both parties being present, but only peds for one item type or stack of one item type.

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea. I've had to wait over a week after agreeing on an item and the seller wasn't on when I was on...ridiculous PM tag trying to set up a time that worked.

I think having it through the auction system is most likely if MA were to implement it so p2p transaction that's facilitated by MA is recognized as a service IMO. If you have a seller place it on auction in a special p2p section with agreed price (including auction fee's if buyer agrees) and buyer gets a PM when they log in that they have an item in their personal inbox in the auction, voila, done deal. Buyer gets item immediately, seller gets ped just as they would if their item sold in auction. If seller doesn't want the auction fee, add it to the total selling price if buyer agrees. If buyer doesn't agree, then take time off work, log in at 6am or whatever and do p2p trade :rolleyes:.

I'd use this kind of service.

I strongly disagree.

It will only move more activities away from the planet, and into some vague concept distorting time and space. But more important: we will see even less live in the cities. And what we need for this game to grow is to see MORE people.

I strongly disagree.

It will only move more activities away from the planet, and into some vague concept distorting time and space. But more important: we will see even less live in the cities. And what we need for this game to grow is to see MORE people.

ya completely agreed. while it would be convenient, I feel the game needs to go other complete opposite way to be more successful. I feel they should remove the global auction feature in the game. It way to easy to buy and sell things right now, think of how challenging and fun it would be if you actually had to own a shop or store. It would give much more purpose to these types of investments on land in the game. People all over the world in the game would actually have to "shop" at actual in game stores! Right now they are always ghost towns and a joke. Why would anyone need an empty store that no one ever goes to, and this would also give people a chance to try to run a small business in a virtual world.

It would also increase prices for shops/stores/shopkeepers and give pretty much everyone a goal of someday owning some type of area in the game as their own. For others who needed to do a trade, you could still do the meet in person trade etc thing, but the all encompassing auction with everything you can imagine in it actually hurts MU% and makes literally everything from loot to crafts way to accessible

ya completely agreed. while it would be convenient, I feel the game needs to go other complete opposite way to be more successful. I feel they should remove the global auction feature in the game. It way to easy to buy and sell things right now, think of how challenging and fun it would be if you actually had to own a shop or store. It would give much more purpose to these types of investments on land in the game. People all over the world in the game would actually have to "shop" at actual in game stores! Right now they are always ghost towns and a joke. Why would anyone need an empty store that no one ever goes to, and this would also give people a chance to try to run a small business in a virtual world.

It would also increase prices for shops/stores/shopkeepers and give pretty much everyone a goal of someday owning some type of area in the game as their own. For others who needed to do a trade, you could still do the meet in person trade etc thing, but the all encompassing auction with everything you can imagine in it actually hurts MU% and makes literally everything from loot to crafts way to accessible

Honestly that's the last thing we need. Mindark won't release more shops. Shop prices are already sky high. You're saying you want to restrict the ability to sell things conveniently to only a handful of wealthy players? And add hours of searching for materials to a crafter's time to craft a few simple items?

EU consumes too much time as it is. The game needs to be faster and more streamlined (less clicks, less waiting) if they want more people to be able to play.

Honestly that's the last thing we need. Mindark won't release more shops. Shop prices are already sky high. You're saying you want to restrict the ability to sell things conveniently to only a handful of wealthy players? And add hours of searching for materials to a crafter's time to craft a few simple items?

EU consumes too much time as it is. The game needs to be faster and more streamlined (less clicks, less waiting) if they want more people to be able to play.

No way. It's fast enough already. walk to auction house, buy materials at close to 0% MU, create worthless item, rinse repeat. What's the point in that? To hope you HoF on massive clicks on the item? Wouldn't it be better if the game were more about playing it well to make profit and others lose profit based on your gameplay? Like the real world? The game should be more like no limit poker (skill based), you want it more like flipping a coin, some HoF some don't. you want faster clicks less waiting just go play a slot machine.

Stores should be made and built by players, customized by players, everything player created, including deals for supply lines, vendors etc. Down to the wood to build it. Just like the SL model, except more fun then SL because it is more about combat instead of talking about your feelings.

No way. It's fast enough already. walk to auction house, buy materials at close to 0% MU, create worthless item, rinse repeat. What's the point in that? To hope you HoF on massive clicks on the item? Wouldn't it be better if the game were more about playing it well to make profit and others lose profit based on your gameplay? Like the real world? The game should be more like no limit poker (skill based), you want it more like flipping a coin, some HoF some don't. you want faster clicks less waiting just go play a slot machine.

Stores should be made and built by players, customized by players, everything player created, including deals for supply lines, vendors etc. Down to the wood to build it. Just like the SL model, except more fun then SL because it is more about combat instead of talking about your feelings.
What if.I want to.talk about my feelings? :(

What if.I want to.talk about my feelings? :(

You can still do that. If you want, we can arrange a session in my appartment, where you can sit in the meditation corner contemplating. I will be present to respond if you feel the need to talk. I do this for only 500PED/hr, a bargain compaired to the prices therapists used to charge back on Earth.

we can already do personal offline trades.

What I do is throw it on the floor in my shop, then set the guest list to allow only the person I want to enter.

Easy no programing or diverted resources required.

we can already do personal offline trades.

What I do is throw it on the floor in my shop, then set the guest list to allow only the person I want to enter.

Easy no programing or diverted resources required.

And your ped? Unless you're giving it away.

Back