Question: Trapping Exploit, How long does it take to fix?

i know you said it jokingly,but i would love an all flat empty planet,just open range and thick spawns,mindless grinding..love it :)

Ah, PE. What a glorious game that was. :thumbup:

In past you cud get mob traped aparently with no reasons.
If used long range gun to shoot mob far almost radar edge and mob didnt move.
You shoot it more and see his hp go down but mob still dont run to you until he get traped - unhitable.
You cud see reason only if you run to mob - he got stuck on something like rock, gras, tree but from so far you coudnt see that tree - only a mob.
Dont know if it was my old comp or it was by design but many things you could see only after coming enought close.

About fast fix...
I suggest to forbid access to EU for all human race.
They are born cheaters and exploiters.
For many hundred tousand years their ancestors hunted by cheating and exploiting - trapping mobs, escaping on tree or on rock, using terrian and many other drty cheats.
Today human race is evolved and able to understand that this was not way to go.
They are able to understand that their ancestors shud do like many other races - ie not runing away from mob and not trapping it but just standing still and waiting that mob eat them.
But even today when homo sapiens learned that using inteligence, knoweldge, oportunity is something wery bad and forbiden he could still try..
Its in human nature, is in their blod, is in their DNA...
Also humans as newcomers to this wirtual world they read that they have to accept this world as it is (and not as it shud be) so possibility that they will try all what this world and their developers offer is big.
So ban all humanz...

How about craftable traps?
Ops im also human and forgot that droping dispense decoy newer worked properly and still waiting on devs love.

Last edited:
There is another exploit which is basically trapping.

Noticed someone get global on Levi stalker, so no doubt in my mind he is using this exploit. He is also on the HOF board with a 1081ped levi dom

Basically, you swim backwards along the bottom of the sea, the levi will get stuck, so you have time to shoot before is goes into unreachable state. Then why it does go unreachable, simply rise up a little so the mob will come towards you and go out of unreachable, then repeat.

I doubt MA will take much action to fix thou :(

Noticed someone get global on Levi stalker, so no doubt in my mind he is using this exploit. He is also on the HOF board with a 1081ped levi dom

Basically, you swim backwards along the bottom of the sea, the levi will get stuck, so you have time to shoot before is goes into unreachable state. Then why it does go unreachable, simply rise up a little so the mob will come towards you and go out of unreachable, then repeat.

ah,i was wondering how an noob could kill levi stalkers yes :)
he/she have been doing that for months already

not sure if its trapping though,i clearly remembered some1 from ma once said that using the terrain was not an exploit

if MA want something to be fixed , they do it very fast , or by mini update , or at next update...at max , its 2 update...
if a bug or exploit is still around after 2 update , or it does not bother MA much , or they even find out that its good for their business...While people exploit something , they most of time spend more money , than they would by regular gaming...

Last time I was there you would tp in and be standing on bottom like the water feature was bugged, not sure if you can walk backwards faster than a stalker though, I know this avatar used the vtol exploit to their advantage so I wouldn't it put it by them to use another method to get around.

This is no offence to any one but from where i see things

When people exploit there are 4 types of people

1: who don't know a hard days work and are free loaders born to crooked scammy parents so all they know is to scam and abuse

2: people who have had enough

3: honesty is best policy

4: these will be discussed at the end of the thread

Category 1 should be either shot dead or gathered on top of a cliff and pushed over it

Now that we dealt with category 1 lets move on to category 2

these are the people who have tried and tried and have been nothing but shafted constantly and have had enough so end up seeking such means to profit and be successful after all there's so much 1 person can keep turning cheeks right?

And because of this if the favourable threaten to sell, oh well, MA should be fair and reward peoples efforts and hard work and HARD EARNED MONEY.

After all there's people here who have been here over 6 or 7 years and who have not had a decent loot to help them progress further to buy decent items and to make their game play a bit more cost effective and last longer they keep depositing keep trying thinking one day one day one day yet its all pre programmed who gets what and how much, choose to believe it or not....

Category 3: these are the people who wear a card board box over their heads and fail to see outside it regardless and are stuck in their ways for example nope going to keep carrying on regardless and fail to accept someone's shafting them big time

category 4: These are the people who have tried everything and do not want to resort to petty scammy methods and want to stick with honesty and fairness but have had enough and want to pay MA offices a visit in person and make them realise their wrong doing.

and no, no one has the right to say if its not working go do something else dont play bla bla, after why should they they put years of time money and dedication, why should they walk away either reward them so they shouldn't have to resort to such methods or expect category 2 and 4.

and no skills and equipment and bla bla its all a load of bollox... if they want to pay you they will if not they wont its as simple as that.

Last edited:

1: who don't know a hard days work and are free loaders born to crooked scammy parents so all they know is to scam and abuse

Category 1 should be either shot dead or gathered on top of a cliff and pushed over it

these are the people who have tried and tried and have been nothing but shafted constantly and have had enough so end up seeking such means to profit and be successful after all there's so much 1 person can keep turning cheeks right?

And because of this if the favourable threaten to sell GO FOR IT, MA should be fair and reward peoples efforts and hard work and HARD EARNED MONEY.

After all there's people here who have been here over 6 or 7 years and who have not had a decent loot to help them progress further to buy decent items and to make their game play a bit more cost effective and last longer they keep depositing keep trying thinking one day one day one day yet its all pre programmed who gets what and how much, choose to believe it or not....

Category 3: these are the people who wear a card board box over their heads and fail to see outside it regardless and are stuck in their ways for example nope going to keep carrying on regardless and fail to accept someone's shafting them big time

category 4: These are the people who have tried everything and do not want to resort to petty scammy methods and want to stick with honesty and fairness but have had enough and want to pay MA offices a visit in person and make them realise their wrong doing.

and no, no one has the right to say if its not working go do something else dont play bla bla, after why should they they put years of time money and dedication, why should they walk away either reward them so they shouldn't have to resort to such methods or expect category 1 and 4.

and no skills and equipment and bla bla its all a load of bollox... if they want to pay you they will if not they wont its as simple as that.

what category are you in?

And because of this if the favourable threaten to sell GO FOR IT, MA should be fair and reward peoples efforts and hard work and HARD EARNED MONEY.

and no, no one has the right to say if its not working go do something else dont play bla bla, after why should they they put years of time money and dedication, why should they walk away either reward them so they shouldn't have to resort to such methods or expect category 1 and 4.

There is irony in this post.... can you guess what it is? :)

There is irony in this post.... can you guess what it is? :)

wrote in a hurry so yes there's going to be irony, sheep shaggers, people who don't know whose running their country yet their sat on-line trying to point irony's out, what not, I do apologise for the mistakes as theirs quite a lot to do in a day.

About fast fix...
I suggest to forbid access to EU for all human race.
They are born cheaters and exploiters.
For many hundred tousand years their ancestors hunted by cheating and exploiting - trapping mobs, escaping on tree or on rock, using terrian and many other drty cheats.
Today human race is evolved and able to understand that this was not way to go.
They are able to understand that their ancestors shud do like many other races - ie not runing away from mob and not trapping it but just standing still and waiting that mob eat them.
But even today when homo sapiens learned that using inteligence, knoweldge, oportunity is something wery bad and forbiden he could still try..
Its in human nature, is in their blod, is in their DNA...
Also humans as newcomers to this wirtual world they read that they have to accept this world as it is (and not as it shud be) so possibility that they will try all what this world and their developers offer is big.
So ban all humanz...

How about craftable traps?
Ops im also human and forgot that droping dispense decoy newer worked properly and still waiting on devs love.

Most people don't hunt
Nor they even want to if allowed

They just butcher and hack and slash till the mob allows to be looted.

(the problem isn't trapping, the problem is that the mobs are stupid and don't run away if trapped in obvious hopeless situations for them, it's very hard to trap a chirpy)

The mob has no trapping logic on. It never goes unreachable, it can't hit ava but ava can damage it.
imo ma should made an statement that trapping isnt forbidden then the playingfield is leveled again for all.
Either turn the trapping logic on or make a clear official announcement an declare it all legal. Neither doesn't require much time and effort, imho?

Etopia is right i think, the player who uses exploits tends to cycle more peds (forbidden fruit is sweet) so it's indeed a good thing for MA.
What's good for MA isn't necessarily a good thing for us...
Nobody will come protect us if we won't make a stand ourselves.

So, say something MA. Or turn on the trapping logic.

It takes like 2 minutes to fix it, but with MA "I don't give a f*ck until it's serious problem" kind of attitude it will take half year - forever.

Well the solution is easy, if it is not fixed withing, lets say, 2 VU's this is no longer a bug, but became a feature

Well the solution is easy, if it is not fixed withing, lets say, 2 VU's this is no longer a bug, but became a feature

After a few months I started thinking that maybe it was a feature and not an exploit so I replied to one of my open support cases with;

"Is this not an exploit? Please let me know if it is or is not. If I can save 80 ped per hour in armor decay then I want to trap <mob> also."

I got a speedy reply :)

"Hi Fort,

Thank you for contacting us. Trapping in this are is not allowe and it's considered an exploit.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support"

Trapping in this are is not allowe and it's considered an exploit.
So...
  1. It's an exploit.
  2. We don't penalize the exploiters.
  3. We won't lift our little finger to fix it.

This part is interesting: "Trapping in this are[a] is not allowed" Hmm? :scratch2:
If this sentence has a meaning then trapping is allowed in some (other) areas. Interesting concept. Brand new too!
Labyrinth of Smoke and Mirrors... :laugh:

So...
  1. It's an exploit.
  2. We don't penalize the exploiters.
  3. We won't lift our little finger to fix it.

This part is interesting: "Trapping in this are[a] is not allowed" Hmm? :scratch2:
If this sentence has a meaning then trapping is allowed in some (other) areas. Interesting concept. Brand new too!
Labyrinth of Smoke and Mirrors... :laugh:

Well, MA did specify before when they said in clientloader that trapping in "instances" was considered an exploit.

They never said trapping in the normal game area was.

everytime u go to these areas someone is doing it, i mean how hard is it to make the mob trapable.

everytime u go to these areas someone is doing it, i mean how hard is it to make the mob trapable.

good dps and few trees can bypass all EU rules :)

he died 6 times on next mob.

i got like 10 videos when he do same in same place just when that friend comes to Rei radar it log off or go out.

p.s. Rei died like 10 times on next mob showing how he hunts without trapping in that 2 trees.

Imagine how hard is to fix all theese places for Mindark. Because of this, people need to change textures.

And it shows that we all know that it is wrong, but most skilled people in game do it.

so how we can expect something from new commer players if people like rei (started on Project Entropia) do it.

p.s.s. i posted this video because it can be understood in various ways, because i dont want people got banned. Just if you think it is an exploit, so YOU should give an EXAMPLE how to do it, because :
1. There is no differece between rei (hunting hidden somehwere) and player hunting proteron where all can see. So need only an EXAMPLE how to fix. Ant till now i dont know any how to fix it.

Last edited:
They never said trapping in the normal game area was.
Banning a player for trapping in the normal game area doesn't qualify? :silly2:
Althou, u right, they never said it.

Smoke and Mirrors! :D

good dps and few trees can bypass all EU rules :)
Nah, no need to get more pious than a Pope. At least there trapping logic is on and works the same for all.

Trapping logic itself could use some improvements, i agree. Looking at all those late experiments with the different new mobs that sometimes require thinking "out of the box" to invent new hunting tactics... It seems the old trapping logic is outdated and should be replaced by something more sophisticated (or in principle different). But that's a different topic entirely.

And sure it was your friend filming it, and then he sent you the video so you can upload it to youtube right? Why he would bother to upload it himself if he can send you the AVI file right?

BTW, here is video filmed from your own eyes uploaded by the same youtube user:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzj1bdyZRBg

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
And sure it was your friend filming it, and then he sent you the video so you can upload it to youtube right? Why he would bother to upload it himself if he can send you the AVI file right?

BTW, here is video filmed from your own eyes uploaded by the same youtube user:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzj1bdyZRBg

<removed>
<removed>
i post an exploiter and you blame me for posting because it is not wss :D

<removed>

you post my upload about belza mobtraining and see there no problem , just uploader ? :D

<removed>
i post an exploiter and you blame me for posting because it is not wss :D

<removed>

you post my upload about belza mobtraining and see there no problem , just uploader ? :D

<removed>

Also the video you posted is showing an avatar hunting, nothing else, nothing more..

<removed>

I have reported all your posts and I encourage others to do the same.

I have reported all your posts and I encourage others to do the same.

Looks like I missed all the fun?? Woke up to banned pcf users and deleted posts. lol

Reactions: das
If anyone wants to share the mob with me that is being exploited, please send me the info in a PM. I think I know the mob/area but not sure... (maybe I know of another one :eyecrazy:)

This thread has gone off topic:)

My purpose was to get an idea of when or IF a known exploit would be fixed. I never intended to show how it was done, what mob I was referring to or name names.

I thought that after 7 months of what I now consider lip service from ma support that making this thread might spark some action from ma.

Pretty pls Fort, can you teach me also? :D

Pretty pls Fort, can you teach me also? :D

lol Das, NO :laugh: but thank you for putting a smile on my face.

And the rest of you NO. Please stop pm'ing me to ask me what mob and how to exploit it. :wise:

Maybe once it is fixed....erm I mean IF it is ever fixed, I'll post the videos of all the people doing it and how they do it :cool:

Yea, some people were talking about it....In game, pretty hard to fix that.

EDIT: well the way I have seen it, It is possible on multiple mobs, and very hard to fix.

Back