Help: Sending and receiving friend requests

qamori

Stalker
Q Perv A
For over 2 months I cannot receive friend requests and if I send one, that person cannot accept mine!
I send support cases, but the reply almost seems that they dont believe me. And just tell me to enable the message tabs.

All settings are correct, and I have all tabs enabled.

Is anyone else having this problem?

PS. I received 1 the other day that worked (maybe because both parties were online at the time)

Don't know about sending, but i never seem to be able to find friend requests from other people?

Don't know about sending, but i never seem to be able to find friend requests from other people?

That is because invites get lost on the system, probably you have tons of them that you never saw! And if you try to add a player that sent you already one invite the system says that you already have an invite from that person but where!?

My support case still open, this is what they said to me on last contact:

Hi Fanan,

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately we can not remove the request or add the avatar to the friend list but please rest assured that the responsible team is currently looking into this issue and it will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Kindly accept our apologies for the inconvenience this causes you. Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Meanwhile it passed 3 months, I still waiting...

This bug only occurs when one of the parts is offline.

I have the same problem, so do a lot of others.

And if you try to add a player that sent you already one invite the system says that you already have an invite from that person but where!?

This bug only occurs when one of the parts is offline.

exactly the same happens with me

Is this solved now?

Can't find any platform release notes any where!

Is this solved now?

Can't find any platform release notes any where!

I didnt test yet.
If it was fixed, none of the old requests popped up!

5 months now without a fix
Still cant add all the requests i got in the past
"you already received a request from this avatar" :mad:

Very frustrating :mad:

Last edited:
It would be nice if MA aknowledges this. Simple temporary fix, by sending a friend request it accepts the other players friend request. Easy to do and problem somewhat solved.

I will login again when this is solved!

As I posted before support can't even delete the invite or add it manually and my support case is still open.

How serious is the fact that in a virtual universe we can't even add a friend to our list? Pathetic in my opinion!

hmm

There are 2 ways to add friends:

1 by clicking on them and sending a request

2 by sending a request to him via the player register

which one are you talking about?
You are aware that the requests don't appear in the right top corner as before, but in the message center btw?

regards
Naomi

we got a new soc member the other day, so I friend requested him/her

he/she accidentally closed the request.

now its lost in limbo, and I nor he/she can re-request.

this needs looking into.

edit: I know you can 1-click add via soc terminal, but that is beside the point

There are 2 ways to add friends:

1 by clicking on them and sending a request

2 by sending a request to him via the player register

which one are you talking about?
You are aware that the requests don't appear in the right top corner as before, but in the message center btw?

regards
Naomi

If one of the parts are offline the invite will be lost forever. So it must be through player register.

I assume that if we both are online everything will work good. The thing now is that I have a invisible invite that not even the support can delete. If we both meet up in game the system keep saying that I already got a invite from that player and to him it says that he already sent an invite to me.

Have passed almost 6 months now! What a wonderful virtual universe we have where we can't even add a friend!

It's not just when people are offline... It's online too.

It's not just when people are offline... It's online too.

even standing next to someone it is impossible to add them to your friendlist if there has already been a failed attempt one direction or the other.

even standing next to someone it is impossible to add them to your friendlist if there has already been a failed attempt one direction or the other.

That is because you already have and invite hidden some where in the system.

As I said before: The thing now is that I have a invisible invite that not even the support can delete. If we both meet up in game (both players online) the system keep saying that I already got a invite from that player and to him it says that he already sent an invite to me.

So when my friend sent me the invite and I was offline, that invite was lost in the system and now even with both of us online it's impossible to add him.

Six months passed already, I will give them one year to solve this!
:tongue2:

Around a week ago I filed a report case which was answered and closed in around a day.

MA said they understand that the issue is occuring and hurting gameplay and are currently working on a fix.

Around a week ago I filed a report case which was answered and closed in around a day.

MA said they understand that the issue is occuring and hurting gameplay and are currently working on a fix.

They said a similar thing to me more than three months ago...

Last time I checked my support case is still open too.

Still can get new friends :(

I sent in a support case about this on the 21st of May and had a reply that day with "...unfortunately, we don't have any information about this issue at the current time to be able to provide you with a more satisfying reply...."

I updated this support case on the 13th of August and am still waiting for any reply at all.

They've not even come back to say they are now aware of an issue. Meanwhile, trying to arrange in game meetings for colouring/texturing using the mail system and messages via friends of friends is doing my head in.

Mainly because of this bug that don't even allow me to add a new friend to my list in game, I'm now in 90 + days of a break from the game. It's already a record, never was so many time without login!

Even so, after 90 days of vacations from game, it still all the same and I even bet that my support case still open.

In my opinion would be better to stop the game for a week or so and fix all the bugs they could. But well this is my opinion and what do I now about MMORPG games with real cash economy! :dunno:

Ok, happened to me also.
Two days ago someone added me while I was offline, now I cannot see him in my FL nor accept him or send him another friend request.
Same message - "This avatar already sent you a friend request"

Should I also file a support case alongside with yours or should I wait patiently until MA decides to solve it?
Do you think another support case will matter?

Ok, happened to me also.
Two days ago someone added me while I was offline, now I cannot see him in my FL nor accept him or send him another friend request.
Same message - "This avatar already sent you a friend request"

Should I also file a support case alongside with yours or should I wait patiently until MA decides to solve it?
Do you think another support case will matter?

All support cases should matter!
If nobody sends in support cases about it, they think its not affecting users.

same problems here.
sent case already but no response for weeks...

All support cases should matter!
If nobody sends in support cases about it, they think its not affecting users.

Support case filed. I am now in the line of those waiting for an answer... or better.. a resolution :lolup:

I would like to know if this bug is fixed now.

From today's release notes:
  • Friend and Society invites and channel invites now always appear at the op top of the Message Center for improved visibility.

I bumped my support case today. It still opened, for almost 6 months now! :laugh:
I refuse to log in if this bug isn't fixed!

I don't play for some time now, since the start of the summer!!! A virtual universe where you can't add offline friends and support can't even delete the friend invite so that I can send another invite when my friend is online and this way add him to my FL.

Still not fixed. Happened to me again today. It happens almost every time when someone send friend request just in time when i logged off..

Still not fixed. Happened to me again today. It happens almost every time when someone send friend request just in time when i logged off..

This is beyond ridiculous !!! :mad:

Entropia Universe. The only game that counts the ETA for bug fixes in years!!! :laugh:

Still no Friend Fix!
To busy I guess!

Back