"Hide your location" option

Should MindArk implement "Hide your location" option?

• Yes, privacy is a key

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No, Big Brother is always watching you

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Efim

Guardian
Society
Berkut Squad
Ocelot Efim Lance
As a miner, I find it sometimes annoying, that I have to share my location. Not that it is such a big secret, but sometimes it's really disturbing. The planet it self is not such a big problem, but LandAreas, Teleports and other notable locations are way too precise. Shame it doesn't show, that you are currently in a lootable pvp area, would be a blast! With a notification for everyone...

And the only way to hide your location is to become entirely invisible and turn "incognito" status on, but I don't want to be invisible! I only don't want to share my current location! Such an awful choice we have been given...
There is even a separate option to show last time of login, but not for your location:(

I would really like to have such an option implemented. What the hell happened with privacy after all!? :laugh:

Location only should be available if its part of the gameplay or roleplay.. so no.

As a miner, I find it sometimes annoying, that I have to share my location. Not that it is such a big secret, but sometimes it's really disturbing. The planet it self is not such a big problem, but LandAreas, Teleports and other notable locations are way too precise. Shame it doesn't show, that you are currently in a lootable pvp area, would be a blast! With a notification for everyone...

And the only way to hide your location is to become entirely invisible and turn "incognito" status on, but I don't want to be invisible! I only don't want to share my current location! Such an awful choice we have been given...
There is even a separate option to show last time of login, but not for your location:(

I would really like to have such an option implemented. What the hell happened with privacy after all!? :laugh:

You mean in global messages or are you talking about something else ?

Click on a name in your friend list. It's not always precise but you will see their location in the page of details on them. This could pose privacy problems, like if you have a stalker/harasser or if you're a PVPer. There should be an option to turn it off.

Click on a name in your friend list. It's not always precise but you will see their location in the page of details on them. This could pose privacy problems, like if you have a stalker/harasser or if you're a PVPer. There should be an option to turn it off.

oh ffs, why are they following the same route as google/facebook etc?? everyone hates that kinda shit :bs::handgun::handjob:

oh ffs, why are they following the same route as google/facebook etc?? everyone hates that kinda shit :bs::handgun::handjob:

Actually I really like it. But for a very few players it could cause problems, so it's best I think to have an option to disable it. The default however, should be to show your location.

And of course, this is the friend list we're talking about, so you have some control who can view your position as it is currently.

Last edited:
Leave it as it is and also add a mandatory webcam stream so I could perv on my friends :laugh:

Kidding, of course, though I personally don't care much if my location is known. If it disturbs someone then he definitely should be able to hide it.

if you have a stalker you should report them to MA for harasment.

I have no opinion on the show location however(especially if it can be turned off incognito).\

I find it hard to vote, because I think privacy is key. and I think big brother is watching you.

What?! Please don't let people hide locations. I love being able to pop up whenever I want in the middle of a friends hunt and follow them around.

if you have a stalker you should report them to MA for harasment.

I have no opinion on the show location however(especially if it can be turned off incognito).\

I find it hard to vote, because I think privacy is key. and I think big brother is watching you.

I already reported you but you are still in game.

As I stalker, I do not approve of this message.

ask the person :dunce::wise:

But but but... Didnt op say ..

The planet it self is not such a big problem, but LandAreas, Teleports and other notable locations are way too precise.

:confused: Surmising that there was an actual way to see more that just the planet.

Surmising that there was an actual way to see more that just the planet.

How do I find out more than just the planet? :silly2:

When your victims... err... objects of interest :) are within the so called chat areas (basically inside towns and LAs), the name of the area is displayed with the planet. If they're in the middle of nowhere on non-LA land, they're safe from you :silly2:

When your victims... err... objects of interest :) are within the so called chat areas (basically inside towns and LAs), the name of the area is displayed with the planet. If they're in the middle of nowhere on non-LA land, they're safe from you :silly2:

Damn... wheres the fun in that! :laugh::grumble:

When I click on people it just says " Calypso" "Mothership:space" "Arkadia"

I guess I am not privy to other such sensitive info :ahh:

When I click on people it just says " Calypso" "Mothership:space" "Arkadia"

"Mothership" in this example is exactly the chat area (even though it doesn't specify MS's name), while Space is global location like Calypso/Arkadia

"Mothership" in this example is exactly the chat area (even though it doesn't specify MS's name), while Space is global location like Calypso/Arkadia

Ah! I see it now! Ive found someone at Chug's Hideout : Calypso... and I'm in space! In which case, its fabby for stalkers or party crashers :laugh: but can see why those in hiding might find it a tad annoying.

Back