We need MF amps immediately

Should we have MF Amps?

• Well DUH?!?

Votes: 56 75.7%
  • Nuuuuu I think only guns should have Amps!!

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters
Imo its as fair as melee ones
I see no difference

amps and bigger chips!

as a MF user -> MF amps yeah :yay:
but concidering how many years it took for melee amps, may be after 10 years for the MF amps :mad:

I don't think we need MF amps. MF is easier to skill up and you can use your skills on the miscellaneous chips too.

What we do need is for MA to develop more miscellaneous chips, they seem to have forgotten them after bringing out the nanobots (bad move imo, they should have kept the buffs to MF users).

We are most desperate for bigger chips and the neopsions to use them. I'm 20 levels higher than the biggest chip requires.

I don't think we need MF amps. MF is easier to skill up and you can use your skills on the miscellaneous chips too.

What we do need is for MA to develop more miscellaneous chips, they seem to have forgotten them after bringing out the nanobots (bad move imo, they should have kept the buffs to MF users).

We are most desperate for bigger chips and the neopsions to use them. I'm 20 levels higher than the biggest chip requires.

I do agree with nanobots being bad for MF users.
There should be craftable chips for the buffs i'd say, it'd make a better balance perhaps and give a reason to skill MF.

I agree totally with bigger chips
You can unlock Force merge at lvl 65 dmg, and be way lower in hit, yet at lvl 51 ~ you max all there is to max in MF
which for a Active MF user, is easilly done

Yes, also more DOT chips wouldn't hurt.

I wish MF would be more different from normal weapons and stay "special". Adding more buff chips would be great also craftable MF chips (L) that use some vibrant sweat in the recipe. MF amps should be a new kind of Psi implant that add damage or give additional side effects to mf chips.

Im all in for MF amps!

yep Let's have MF amps and bigger chips - I love Skiling MF in fact I now wish that I had started on MF and not waited unitil i had been playing for 2 years before taking it up

Yeah this is a bad approach isnt it from MA?? But they do this with everything, making things redundant or obselete..

They will probably make synch pills or ressurection bots soon :loco:

For me, I guess i'm just frustrated that I can't really compete with MF at the moment, well ith melee amps coming I guess I will focus on that for events and such

cheers

Your poll doesn't have good choices. What about melee amps?

we want boobies immediatly

We absolutely need MF amps. Why? Because MF hunters want more DPS.

But MF users can use damage over time Arsonistic chips that add more DPS

That's incorrect!!! ALL hunters can use Arsonistic chips that add more DPS to their primary weapon but ranged and soon melee hunters have amps as well as Arso. The point is that ALL hunters want more DPS, or at least the option of having more DPS at certain times.

Some hunters want to hunt exclusively with MindForce, why? It's personal preference, who cares why, the point is that's what they want and that's how they want to spend.

But that's a want and not a need so it's not important

Ok.. Let's rephrase this... MindArk needs us to have MindForce, Melee, and Ranged amps so we don't get bored as easily, so we can bigger and better things, so we cycle more money, and create more profit for a company that has endless development costs.

High damage and economical amps of all kinds need to be made a development priority.

Frankly, it's a good idea. No joke... It's a good idea.

Just think about all the good things that would come from them.

Doesn't look like they'll get made looking at melee amps, creature control pills, and overtime withdrawals...

I wish MF would be more different from normal weapons and stay "special". Adding more buff chips would be great also craftable MF chips (L) that use some vibrant sweat in the recipe. MF amps should be a new kind of Psi implant that add damage or give additional side effects to mf chips.

Im all in for MF amps!

Yeah I agree with all that, I'd like MF to be needed for buffs etc, so a good hunting party would have one for buffs, resurrection etc. But amps is really important for eco and dps. OK don't make them as powerful as the big enrgy/blp amps, but we should definately have some options

I agree with this. More and different chips with buffs and support roles, but no amps. They've already made MF much more viable as a solo profession but I don't think it should just become a clone of the other weapon profs. There's lots of room at the top for bigger chips in terms of skills.

that is all.

I don't see at all why they wouldn't add MF amps for the MF users like they added melee amps. It's completely fair and actually unfair that MF users don't have any

p.s. I'm not an MF user at all, I just think they should have them

Well, MF weapon chips are weapons as any other so why not.
But as they finally got melee users their amps, yay ;) they prolly get MF users amps as well, more yay's .
I hope.
Only but as mentioned before we need bigger chips and before amps I think
wer'e stuck at those levels we have now.
Also I dont get why we're not able to tier our healing chips ;/

MF Needs more variety and more depth

I agree MF amps make a lot of sense in the context of Entropia Universe, however, I think they should be different to weapon and melee amps to both make things interesting and reflect the more advanced technology of MF.

I'd like to see MF amps attached to the implant rather than the chip and, just to make it more interesting (and more believable) when the MF amp burns out it kills the avatar - requiring more attention than other amps. I don't see why the same MF amp would not work on any given chip or chip type as long as the amp is matched to the implant itself. If taking this direction, MF amps would have to draw on ME/SME used in lieu of 98% of decay as they'd decay with the 2% implant decay if attached to the implant.

I'd also like to see a whole range of implant attachments other than amps or chips. Why not have a range-finder which, when attached to the implant, allows the option to place a target reticle (like Team Target) by solo MF hunter on anything which can be targeted? Such a range finder could have zoom and certain skill benefits like scopes or these could be farmed out to other attachments. MF has its range limitations and one tool for balancing this up in hunting might be an implant attachment called an aggravator or a shrieker which can be used to tag a target at long range without damaging the target. In PvP it might break target-player concentration and force-unequip the tool/weapon the target-player has equipped or impose annoying visual effects (loss of colour, cause camera-oscillation, impose offset sine-waves on gamma, contrast etc). Given the limited cell buffer (eg. uGridsToLoad etc.), I imagine an aggravator or shrieker working over a 110-190m range depending on the quality of the implant. And limiting the affect on target-player to PvP-only would prevent abuse. This item would be particularly useful if it's effect on mobs instantly interrupted any aggravation they have on another player and focused that aggravation on the user as this would allow more effective separation of dry mobs from sweat circles. I've always wanted to see an attachment which allows more MF to be burned to gain range advantage on any given chip - say, up to an additional 100m range for, pro rata, up to double regen chip SME consumption limited by implant quality. With weapons, the same deal over a 50m gain on the basic ranging attachment and up to 100m on rarer ranging attachments. I imagine a good implant could take several attachments simultaneously and this could also be used to improve depth of gameplay.

As attachment numbers on implant increase, the odds of a short circuit occurring (which kills the avatar) could also increase based on circumstance (so that it is predictable and thus avoidable by deeper player strategy and tactics). The idea is to introduce mechanics which allow much greater depth of play in MF which would seem to be the most appropriate challenge for MF. MF should be much more complex in a different way because it is so much further along the technological path than (relative to genre) antique guns and blades.

I have lots of other things to say. Wormhole chips, for example, should not be allowed to open a destination on the same planet and difficulty (possibly expense of use as well) should increase with proximity between planets across which a wormhole is operating. If there is any substance to wormhole theory (other than being a pure mathemactical hack like the fourth space dimension), it is eminently arguable that long distance wormholes are much less difficult to implement than short distance wormholes due to the scale of operation. Moreover, for the sake of "balance" the cost of a wormhole should be commensurate with 150% of the cost of the corresponding warp and the duration of the wormhole, once activated, should be commensurate with roughly 50% of the duration of the corresponding warp. The previous and somewhat absurd function of the wormhole chip could be replaced by a "Holoporter" chip which would invoke a holographic teleporter anywhere for about 5-10 minutes with universal access planetary teleporter network (automatically appears on everyone's tp list with user-specified name).Also, it would have to be capable of invoking more than one such teleporter if it is to replace the old planetside transport function of the wormhole chip. If common enough, tech like this could burn a lot of ME, which draws new players deeper into Entropia Universe, through a more viable sweat-gathering subgame, thereby expanding the player-base and stabilising the various planetary economies. It could also function to give players an alternative interplanetary route which, again, would be good for the game given that Space PvP-balance seems to be permanently broken by the speed hack - if the dates of the videos are any indication.

Back