NEW CEO @ Mindark!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/19414/Planet-Calypso-Sold-for-6-Million-USD

MA sold off all connections to Caly long time ago. SEE Virtual Worlds is the current "Planet Partner"

They bought Caly for 6 mill. They earned back that money by selling off it's planets earning for a total of 6 mill :)

MA is now the God of the universe, while all planets are currently just Planet Partners.

This info is a bit outdated. Actually MA got Caly back when something didn't go quite as it was planned (payment? other clause?) as they didn't disclose that info.

And absolutely no game experience. Really good in other areas though it seems, but i think MA needs more people in senior positions from the actual gaming industry.

Absolutelly no gaming experience?
Well, not in the industry but surelly a passion for gaming.

Klas Moreau said:
"I've been a gamer since the days of the Commodore 64. Now I have the opportunity to combine my gaming interest with my leadership abilities and passion for technology."

Said here: http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/mindark-recruits-new-cto-from-ericsson-151333175.html

He was rather active on FB until a year ago when that ended. After sharing a link to the emissary programs. Arent they allowed to use FB when working for Mindark?

He seems to like to BBQ :).

Klaus does not appear to have actually said anything to us as the CTO, not even any interviews, lets see if he says anything as a CEO.

Klas has the best suit. My vote's on him.

Klaus does not appear to have actually said anything to us as the CTO, not even any interviews, lets see if he says anything as a CEO.

But he did say this when appointed new CTO in 2012:

"I will ensure there is a solid foundation that enables Entropia Universe to grow significantly, both in the number of participants and in their global reach. My goal is for Entropia Universe to double its number of participants by the end of 2013," said Klas Moreau. "

Did he succeed? I think not. Now were supposed to believe he latest retoric:

"As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving our communication with participants and
taking advantage of their valuable feedback to make Entropia Universe a more
entertaining and engaging universe. A place where Entropians are eager to play,
socialize, invest and entertain themselves"

Just may be another fail, time will tell.

But he did say this when appointed new CTO in 2012:

"I will ensure there is a solid foundation that enables Entropia Universe to grow significantly, both in the number of participants and in their global reach. My goal is for Entropia Universe to double its number of participants by the end of 2013," said Klas Moreau. "

Did he succeed? I think not. Now were supposed to believe he latest retoric:

"As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving our communication with participants and
taking advantage of their valuable feedback to make Entropia Universe a more
entertaining and engaging universe. A place where Entropians are eager to play,
socialize, invest and entertain themselves"

Just may be another fail, time will tell.

At least this shows that they, the board have seen that a player focused approach is needed, which is a step in the right direction

And I think that was probably Simmons undoing as he made himself so unpopular with player base, especially with that terrible and arrogant SOU :duh:

So this appointment seems to be directed at winning us back and hopefully we have seen some good signs lately, though with the usual gaffaws as well but hey w.e

maybe klas will be a "class" act lol :rolleyes:

Klas Moreau brought us the Virtual Tycoon app. Could be the app/web based Battle Arena thing idea is his project as well. Would be great if EU gains some popularity amongst gamers not yet in EU by his ideas.

Klas Moreau brought us the Virtual Tycoon app. Could be the app/web based Battle Arena thing idea is his project as well. Would be great if EU gains some popularity amongst gamers not yet in EU by his ideas.

I know I keep on saying it, and I have really never played it, but I sure hope he can find a way to tap into the Second Life player base by bringing in Tamming and Fishing and more cloths type items for crafters to feed the new comers who would just be happy to deposit only to by the items.

I know I keep on saying it, and I have really never played it, but I sure hope he can find a way to tap into the Second Life player base by bringing in Tamming and Fishing and more cloths type items for crafters to feed the new comers who would just be happy to deposit only to by the items.
Yes what is really needed is way more crafting using more of the resources that are TT food! :beerchug: It may just increase the economy as well! ;)

Back