NEW CEO @ Mindark!

not CEO, they have a new CTO

...and it's from May 14, 2012.
Nice necro.

edit: Ok, two different articles. The second link is current.

Let's see what comes from this. Since he is interested in communication and listening to suggestion from the players, it may be great times ahead or epic piss offs for some. :yup:

Gratz Klas! :beerchug: Hope to see some great things from you! :)

Could we get a direct source, instead of that forum post?

And absolutely no game experience. Really good in other areas though it seems, but i think MA needs more people in senior positions from the actual gaming industry.

And absolutely no game experience. Really good in other areas though it seems, but i think MA needs more people in senior positions from the actual gaming industry.
Although I agree we need gaming experience, I also think we need good business men to run the company with real business skills that include better communication and an understanding that how the company's overall PR is important to its very survival! :)

bit missleading title and its from 2012, almost got my hopes up :rolleyes:

also as people have said ideally I would like more gaming oriented, less business oriented types

bit missleading title and its from 2012, almost got my hopes up :rolleyes:

also as people have said ideally I would like more gaming oriented, less business oriented types
The OP put wrong link!! See second link on first page

Removed post. Did not see that it was an old press release :(

Although I agree we need gaming experience, I also think we need good business men to run the company with real business skills that include better communication and an understanding that how the company's overall PR is important to its very survival! :)

Agreed they need those skills too, but it should be from someone who has been in the gaming industry. There is a ton of those too. And they should hire Nicholas Lovell from http://gamesbrief.com/ to take a look at their game and fix it. I think he would probably crush a lot of MA's crappy monetization.

It would be quite interesting to see their ARPPU and Retention (used to be 30%), engagement etc.

It looks like we've got someone who knows what they're doing for a change :yay:

Mr. Moreau offered the following view on his new role:
"As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving our communication with participants and
taking advantage of their valuable feedback to make Entropia Universe a more
entertaining and engaging universe. A place where Entropians are eager to play,
socialize, invest and entertain themselves. Toward that goal, MindArk will also prioritize
improving the stability of the Entropia Universe client and platform, and delivering a
quality product.”

I wondered why the sudden willingness to get touchy feely with us came from.

With respect to David most of us know that he got the job because of the politics between the share holders when they tried to appoint a new CEO Johan Andinsson and oust Jan Timkrans in 2011. Jan probably had to agree to move to another role and David stepped in.

Things didn't exactly work out well - first the IPO failed and then having to sort out the FPC / SEE Virtual Worlds mess.

Last edited:
Well Kim used to manage it until he came back and took over managing Calypso

Agreed they need those skills too, but it should be from someone who has been in the gaming industry. There is a ton of those too. And they should hire Nicholas Lovell from http://gamesbrief.com/ to take a look at their game and fix it. I think he would probably crush a lot of MA's crappy monetization.

It would be quite interesting to see their ARPPU and Retention (used to be 30%), engagement etc.
Yes that would be an asset. I guess we will see what he can do. So far the movement to put support back in Sweden is a smart move! :yup:

Yes, looks like they did a mix of things.

"Ilunova Sa. de. Cv. is the MindArk Group's wholly owned subsidiary located in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It has been in operation since February, 2008.

Ilunova provides various services to the parent and sister companies in the group. These services include assisting MindArk in the development of the Entropia Platform and platform marketing towards potential business partners; they assist with first line support and from time to time Planet Partners with graphics and art work."

oohhh, ok, So Kim moved back? I was wondering about him with Mexico shutting down and all.

Kim moved back to Sweden months ago I thought. According to his interview it was in 2013 with a possible visit to Mexico unless something has changed in that time.

I've got a feeling that the MA and Calypso dev teams might be merging at least partially. Pointless having programmers / graphic designers from the Space / Monria dev team when they've not done a lot for a while and keeping another office open that's doing similar work.

Plus keeping support on site should speed up resolutions.

Kim moved back to Sweden months ago I thought. According to his interview it was in 2013 with a possible visit to Mexico unless something has changed in that time.

I've got a feeling that the MA and Calypso dev teams might be merging at least partially. Pointless having programmers / graphic designers from the Space / Monria dev team when they've not done a lot for a while and keeping another office open that's doing similar work.

Plus keeping support on site should speed up resolutions.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/19414/Planet-Calypso-Sold-for-6-Million-USD

MA sold off all connections to Caly long time ago. SEE Virtual Worlds is the current "Planet Partner"

They bought Caly for 6 mill. They earned back that money by selling off it's planets earning for a total of 6 mill :)

MA is now the God of the universe, while all planets are currently just Planet Partners.

Hopefully this new CTO will be in charge of fixing this unstable client / servers we have.

You mean no game experience other than working for Mindark as CTO for 2 years?

MA has its own content development team who develop things like space, monria (not a part of calypso), and any of the other shared platform stuff, we've been told this group is separate from the Calypso design team. Right now the MA people are (apparently) working on getting taming working and after that addressing space. MA does need to develop its own content even though we don't "see" the results every VU. It wouldn't make sense to take the Caly developers away from their job to do to platform work.

Back