Auction orders on land deeds does not behave as you might expect.

Society
Freelancer
Grey Grey Ilieco
why someone should care?

buyer set price he wanted to buy,
you set price wanted to sell.

there is nothing bad really.

same if i place modmerc price +10 ped because i want to buy for ti, and if someone will sell it, he set that price.

what Mindark can help you here?

First of all, you scammed yourself!!! If someone want to pay 1ped/deed it will say 1ped and not 44! Guy who put 44 had put 44ped/deed for several deeds. People just need to learn!!! Learn to calculate

Totally agree that it is my bad, but seeing I'm not the only one doing this mishap makes me think the system maybe should be changed. I sell to order occasionally, and i have played for several years, so i wasn't even blinking when i added +44.
It has nothing to do with my counting abillity, it has to do with how stacks are handled in different ways.

First of all, you scammed yourself!!! If someone want to pay 1ped/deed it will say 1ped and not 44! Guy who put 44 had put 44ped/deed for several deeds. People just need to learn!!! Learn to calculate

you know you could be nicer about it, it's bad enough that he made the mistake and has the bad luck the buyer will never refund him anything.

edit: also the way the auction ordering is working could definately be improved upon.

A simple solution to this issue (and related issues) would be to execute all orders at their stated MU instead of offers' buyout.

It would however have repercussions all throughout the economy, as it would effectively waive 'round PEDs only' limitation when filling orders, hence making order system much more attractive than it is now. That would be a good thing if you ask me but others may have different opinions.

Disclosure: such a change would also render my auction fee / stack size calculator obsolete. Not that I care. :)

The should be an option to: FILL ORDER. The system should then be able to auto-detect if price is PER unit, then the EXPECTED price per listed deeds should be depicted when filling orders.

The should be an option to: FILL ORDER. The system should then be able to auto-detect if price is PER unit, then the EXPECTED price per listed deeds should be depicted when filling orders.

Yes, I think that a 'Fill Order' button should be listed next to all available orders.
I know I have made rounding errors trying to sell to orders in the past, and if you are trying to sell to an order then why not have it be easier and safer?

That combined with removing the feature that allows orders to instantly buy items under the listed price would change the economy and provide more rounded opportunities for 'traders'

If you intend to sell to the order it goes to the order, (as well as knowing the name of the person who placed it)
If you dont intend to sell to an order, it is listed as a normal auction and anyone can bid or bo at the price you set even if lower than an existing order.

Would make the auctions a lot more 'honest' in my opinion.

Yes, I think that a 'Fill Order' button should be listed next to all available orders.
I know I have made rounding errors trying to sell to orders in the past, and if you are trying to sell to an order then why not have it be easier and safer?

That combined with removing the feature that allows orders to instantly buy items under the listed price would change the economy and provide more rounded opportunities for 'traders'

Those are good suggestions

Back